Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 04-13-2018, 08:37 AM   #1201
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Well one thing is for sure. I refuse to believe that our staff didn't know Motley could help the team win. He never got playing time even when he was with the team. And after watching a few games of his when he finally got PT it's pretty easy to see to me that he would have won a few games for us if he played.

The only issue I really have is how long it took the mavs to admit to themselves they needed to tank. There were plenty of games JJ Barea and crew were closing games out. That stretch where we won 4 games in a row, pretty sure JJ was on the floor to close the game out on 2 of those wins. All those wins were 8 points or less as well. So IMO they just took too long to see they needed to tank. They tried to win close games until the losses piled up enough that they could no longer ignore it. We were 9-25 after losing to the Hawks then like idiots we went and won 4 straight games. It's fine to win some games but we were seriously and in some cases desperately trying to win, not just the players but RC was since jj was closing games. That's my only criticism really. We eventually got it together and maximized our chances for losses by playing players at certain times to ensure they wouldn't close games.
I agree with the majority of this, I'm just not as convinced that they knew Motley would translate so well, at least in terms of wins. I think they clearly saw talent but they had plenty of time to put him in when Noel went on his hot dog hiatus.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2018, 11:04 AM   #1202
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Oh?! Is winning much easier to do than winning? Is that just in the nba or is that across the board with all sports

I have not seen that quote from Dirk. But yes, I take what Cubes says with a grain of salt... just like many others do.

My question still stands, if Rick was able to be that accurate and managed to lose that amount of close games on purpose, which started happening well before we were eliminated from the playoff picture, why not win them? It's because we just weren't good enough...we tried but we couldn't quite get it done.
Obviously the Mavs weren't good enough, but throwing close games isn't some terribly difficult thing to do. And if you thought the Mavs were that bad, then why would it matter to purposely tank anyway? Outside of uselessly playing JJB, I have little issue with the young guys giving their all trying to win.

Remember before the season started that most of us wanted to see youth development while staying competitive in games. In that regard, the season was a pretty good success.

Quote:
Asked if he could tell which teams are diving for lottery position, he said: "Yeah, it's pretty obvious."

And as a 3-3 record in March shows, the Mavericks aren't in that group.

"Well," Nowitzki said, "I think Mark messed that up for us."
https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dal...answer-obvious

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 11:23 AM   #1203
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Obviously the Mavs weren't good enough, but throwing close games isn't some terribly difficult thing to do. And if you thought the Mavs were that bad, then why would it matter to purposely tank anyway? Outside of uselessly playing JJB, I have little issue with the young guys giving their all trying to win.

Remember before the season started that most of us wanted to see youth development while staying competitive in games. In that regard, the season was a pretty good success.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dal...answer-obvious
Here's more from the article you sent tho.

"We keep playing hard," he said. "There obviously are some teams that are going for some losses now. We're one of the teams that still wants to win and see where we end up in the draft.

"We want to have a winning culture for our young guys and show them how to play and the work ethic and how to play to win. So that's very important to us."

Asked if he could tell which teams are diving for lottery position, he said: "Yeah, it's pretty obvious."

I don't see what you see in the article unless you break it down to just that one sentence.

Even if Dirk was just saying they want to win because fans wouldn't show up to games otherwise.. him saying Mark messed that up would lean more towards them still not tanking on purpose.

Old 04-13-2018, 11:44 AM   #1204
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Here's more from the article you sent tho.

"We keep playing hard," he said. "There obviously are some teams that are going for some losses now. We're one of the teams that still wants to win and see where we end up in the draft.

"We want to have a winning culture for our young guys and show them how to play and the work ethic and how to play to win. So that's very important to us."

I don't see what you see in the article unless you break it down to just that one sentence.

Even if Dirk was just saying they want to win because fans wouldn't show up to games otherwise.. him saying Mark messed that up would lean more towards them still not tanking on purpose.
The only reason Dirk is saying that winning stuff is BECAUSE OF MARK CUBANS COMMENTS. Hence him saying that at the end of the article. I really don't know what to tell you if you don't get that.

NO player is going to come out and admit they are purposely tanking. Only dumbass Cuban would because of his big mouth. Cuban was fined before this game/article, so of course Dirk is playing mop up duty about trying to win with youth.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 04-13-2018 at 11:46 AM.
Old 04-13-2018, 12:38 PM   #1205
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
The only reason Dirk is saying that winning stuff is BECAUSE OF MARK CUBANS COMMENTS. Hence him saying that at the end of the article. I really don't know what to tell you if you don't get that.

NO player is going to come out and admit they are purposely tanking. Only dumbass Cuban would because of his big mouth. Cuban was fined before this game/article, so of course Dirk is playing mop up duty about trying to win with youth.
I think Dirk and many of the other players are winners and want to win. They won't be around for the rebuild so what's in it for them.? Even followill and Harper who are around them a lot have said that they want to win..and they have no interest in losing On purpose. I think what Dirk said was more about what Rick and the vets as well as the rest of the team have talked about behind closed doors. They honestly want to compete and win.

I agree with Bryan Wilson, at best we realised it and held hope for the vets too long before realizing they absolutely need to tank.

Old 04-13-2018, 04:08 PM   #1206
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

I'm losing my mind trying to figure out when the coin flip takes place. I thought it would occur at 3:45 central?
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 04:11 PM   #1207
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
I'm losing my mind trying to figure out when the coin flip takes place. I thought it would occur at 3:45 central?
Thought I read somewhere 4:45 central. Could be wrong though.
BPo001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 04:36 PM   #1208
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

Yep, 4:45 PM CST it is.
Quote:
Nick Angstadt
‏ @NickVanExit
Nick Angstadt hat KL Chouinard retweetet

The Mavs tie with the Hawks will be "broken" at 4:45 PM CST today on NBA TV.

If the Mavs win they are guaranteed a Top 6 Pick in the NBA Draft.

Mavs and Hawks will still have relatively the same odds for a Top 3 Pick and #1 Overall Pick. no matter what happens today.
Should be only minutes until we know if we're #3 or #4.

Last edited by mavErika; 04-13-2018 at 04:38 PM.
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 04:49 PM   #1209
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

So we won the tie-breaker. Pretty sure that means we're #3, or iow that we will pick before Atlanta if some other team moves up.

Last edited by mavErika; 04-13-2018 at 04:55 PM.
Old 04-13-2018, 04:53 PM   #1210
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Yeah baby! We won!

Old 04-13-2018, 04:54 PM   #1211
mavErika
Golden Member

Hurrah!

https://www.mavs.com/mavericks-win-d...y-draft-order/

Quote:
Mavericks win draft tiebreaker draw, hold third position in pre-lottery draft order
Bobby Karalla / April 13, 2018

The Mavs won today’s draft tiebreaker by random draw and now sit third place in the pre-lottery draft order.

Both Dallas and Atlanta finished with a 24-58 record this season, tied for third-fewest in the NBA. The two teams will split the difference between the third- and fourth-place odds in the draft lottery, which will take place next month. Today’s draw was to determine pre-lottery draft order.

Dallas has a 13.8 percent chance to win the No. 1 overall pick, while Atlanta will have a nearly identical 13.7 percent chance. Both teams will have roughly a 42 percent chance at a top-three pick. (The randomized lottery drawing only determines the order for the first three picks in the draft.)

The draw had little to do with odds related to winning the lottery, but there is a significant benefit to winning in case teams behind them in the lottery order get lucky on May 15. If neither Dallas nor Atlanta wins a top-three pick, the Mavericks will pick before Atlanta on draft night. The Mavs now have a 95 percent chance to pick somewhere in the top-five and will pick no lower than sixth. Atlanta, meanwhile, will pick no lower than seventh. For a better visualization of the odds, see the chart below from the Hawks’ KL Chouinard.

By virtue of losing the pre-lottery tiebreaker, Atlanta will choose third in the second round, or 33rd overall. Dallas will select fourth that round, or 34th overall. The Mavericks also acquired Portland’s second-round pick via Denver in the three-way trade for Doug McDermott, which will fall 54th overall.

The draft lottery takes place in New York on May 15.
Old 04-13-2018, 05:29 PM   #1212
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one.

Guess we can spend the weeks until the lottery draft with endless personal top-6 rankings.

Here we go:
Ayton
Doncic
JJJ
Bagley
Porter
Bridges

Last edited by sefant77; 04-13-2018 at 06:17 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 05:34 PM   #1213
mavErika
Golden Member

Lol, the Suns lost a mid first-round pick to a tie-breaker. I can't imagine that the Bucks will fall in that range again next year, so their pick could get a lot worse and not be conveyed until 2020, when it's only top-7 protected.
Quote:
Jonathan Givony
‏@DraftExpress

Third tiebreaker result: Miami Heat #16 (pick conveyed to Phoenix), Milwaukee Bucks #17 (pick would have been conveyed to Phoenix if 16, but now won't and will roll over)
More of this allocation of good and bad luck on May 15th, please. There's a 53,5% chance that Phoenix will pick at #3 or #4 and a 28% chance we'll get one of the first two picks!
Old 04-13-2018, 05:55 PM   #1214
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

#teamtank

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-13-2018 at 05:56 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 07:43 PM   #1215
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

My boy Bagley already impressing NBA stars....

https://twitter.com/overtime/status/984196960432345093
Old 04-13-2018, 08:48 PM   #1216
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
My boy Bagley already impressing NBA stars....

https://twitter.com/overtime/status/984196960432345093
It's funny how on a daily basis we get to jump for joy at the all of the top guys.

Ayton? Sure, why not. Doncic? OK! Bagley? Mmm, if you force me. Bamba? 7'9 wingspan defensive juggernaut? OTAY! MPJ? Another Durant? If you insist JJJ? A three point shooting Alonso Mourning? Ehh, fine.

Good things. Good things.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 04-13-2018 at 08:53 PM.
Old 04-13-2018, 09:21 PM   #1217
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

We got a top 3 pre lotto pick and we didn't even have to fire rc for his dick measuring contest he was "clearly" having.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 10:15 PM   #1218
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

We no longer have to hope for someone to take Young ahead of us to let someone fall but I found this little tweet.

https://twitter.com/MagicJunkies/sta...53986061836289

Quote:
Trae Young was double teamed on 43.7% of touches past half court in his freshman year at Oklahoma, the closest a PG has ever been to that was Stephen Curry at 31.4%
Possible a team 4-6 rly would take him if they think this was the main cause of his efficiency issues late in the season. That is a huge amount of dbl teams, and I'd bet it was even higher the 2nd half of the year vs the first half.
Old 04-13-2018, 10:42 PM   #1219
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We no longer have to hope for someone to take Young ahead of us to let someone fall but I found this little tweet.

https://twitter.com/MagicJunkies/sta...53986061836289

Possible a team 4-6 rly would take him if they think this was the main cause of his efficiency issues late in the season. That is a huge amount of dbl teams, and I'd bet it was even higher the 2nd half of the year vs the first half.
I think Orlando takes him when they're on the clock.
Old 04-13-2018, 10:55 PM   #1220
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

That issue Trae Young has will just be exacerbated in the NBA. I think he'd be a great fit with Lebron in Cleveland if he falls as he'll need a bonafide superstar to play with to survive. A college double team and NBA one are two different animals.

Old 04-14-2018, 10:44 AM   #1221
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 04-14-2018 at 10:45 AM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 02:46 PM   #1222
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

So hypothetical Mavs pick 3rd and Ayton and Doncic go 1 and 2...

WHO DO YOU PICK???

I'd go safe with Bagley.

Old 04-14-2018, 03:01 PM   #1223
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:

WHO DO YOU PICK???

I'd go safe with Bagley.
Probably Porter if the back checks out, but wouldn't be upset with Bagley.
Old 04-14-2018, 03:04 PM   #1224
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

WHO DO YOU PICK???
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Probably Porter if the back checks out, but wouldn't be upset with Bagley.
Same.

Really, I'd be fine with Bagley, MPJ, or JJJ if Ayton and Doncic are already off the board -- whatever the MBT feels comfortable with (depending on FA plans)... Just as long as we're not reaching for Bamba or some such nonsense.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-14-2018 at 03:09 PM.
Old 04-14-2018, 03:35 PM   #1225
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

JJJ
Old 04-14-2018, 04:03 PM   #1226
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Porter if he checks out > JJJ > Bagley for me. I'd be fine with any of them though.
Old 04-14-2018, 04:47 PM   #1227
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

-Porter
+Mikal
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 05:54 PM   #1228
Underdog

I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to update my rankings until these two dates have passed:

May 15 - Lottery
May 20 - Combine

For one, I want to know where every team is picking before I even start thinking about who might be available. So much can change if we get bumped down a spot or two -- different teams can have radically different needs... Or what happens if we get the #2 pick? Is Doncic really the 2nd-best player in the draft? Hell, I have doubts that he's a shoo-in to get picked over an ace scorer like Bagley, who was projected to go #1 not too long ago.

And the second thing I want to know is how healthy is Michael Porter Jr? I think the combine is going to give us a much better idea of what to expect from him. If he kills it, then what are the odds he shoots up to the top of the draft? Could guys like Ayton or Doncic slide a couple spots and fall into our lap? Or what if MPJ looks like grabage and the Basketball Gods have already knocked us down to the #5 spot? Do we start getting pumped about Bamba and Bridges?

Still too many variables at this point for me to get a clearer idea of who we should draft... I find myself being talked into and out of players a lot more than I was a couple weeks ago.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-14-2018 at 05:56 PM.
Old 04-14-2018, 06:56 PM   #1229
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Still too many variables at this point for me to get a clearer idea of who we should draft... I find myself being talked into and out of players a lot more than I was a couple weeks ago.

Same. It's definitely nitpicking season. I think the only given is Ayton at #1.
Old 04-14-2018, 07:39 PM   #1230
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Same. It's definitely nitpicking season. I think the only given is Ayton at #1.
I agree Ayton will go number 1. You can't pass on someone like him and be wrong. GM's get fired for things like that. Having said that, speaking of nitpicking... Seriously how is it possible for someone with Ayton's size and skillset to not be a dominant defender? Not only is he not dominant, when I've watched him he's actually been pretty bad. So if there is a concern with Ayton that would be it for me. But you can't teach size, and not only does he have size he has elite tools. Just have to hope in the NBA you can bring it all out. He's the only player id be ok with taking over Doncic.
Old 04-14-2018, 08:07 PM   #1231
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
I agree Ayton will go number 1. You can't pass on someone like him and be wrong. GM's get fired for things like that. Having said that, speaking of nitpicking... Seriously how is it possible for someone with Ayton's size and skillset to not be a dominant defender? Not only is he not dominant, when I've watched him he's actually been pretty bad. So if there is a concern with Ayton that would be it for me. But you can't teach size, and not only does he have size he has elite tools. Just have to hope in the NBA you can bring it all out. He's the only player id be ok with taking over Doncic.
Yep.

Old 04-14-2018, 08:40 PM   #1232
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
I agree Ayton will go number 1. You can't pass on someone like him and be wrong. GM's get fired for things like that. Having said that, speaking of nitpicking... Seriously how is it possible for someone with Ayton's size and skillset to not be a dominant defender? Not only is he not dominant, when I've watched him he's actually been pretty bad. So if there is a concern with Ayton that would be it for me. But you can't teach size, and not only does he have size he has elite tools.
Same goes with KAT....he sucks ass at defending....guess its a mix of awareness and laziness
Old 04-14-2018, 08:52 PM   #1233
sefant77
Guru

Ringer putting Doncic #1, Mikael #4 and hating on Porter....

https://nbadraft.theringer.com/

I like the new Tankathon update from today
Old 04-14-2018, 09:15 PM   #1234
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to update my rankings until these two dates have passed:

May 15 - Lottery
May 20 - Combine

For one, I want to know where every team is picking before I even start thinking about who might be available. So much can change if we get bumped down a spot or two -- different teams can have radically different needs... Or what happens if we get the #2 pick? Is Doncic really the 2nd-best player in the draft? Hell, I have doubts that he's a shoo-in to get picked over an ace scorer like Bagley, who was projected to go #1 not too long ago.

And the second thing I want to know is how healthy is Michael Porter Jr? I think the combine is going to give us a much better idea of what to expect from him. If he kills it, then what are the odds he shoots up to the top of the draft? Could guys like Ayton or Doncic slide a couple spots and fall into our lap? Or what if MPJ looks like grabage and the Basketball Gods have already knocked us down to the #5 spot? Do we start getting pumped about Bamba and Bridges?

Oh we're picking Bamba now that you wrote him off at taking him at 3.

Old 04-15-2018, 12:37 PM   #1235
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Ringer putting Doncic #1, Mikael #4 and hating on Porter....

https://nbadraft.theringer.com/

I like the new Tankathon update from today
tankathon has us taking JJJ over Bagley, Grayson with our first 2nd round pick <please God no>, then Brandon Mccoy at the end of the 2nd round.

as much as i'm concerned about who we take - i'm concerned about who we don't take. no grayson please
Scoobay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 12:43 PM   #1236
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
tankathon has us taking JJJ over Bagley, Grayson with our first 2nd round pick <please God no>, then Brandon Mccoy at the end of the 2nd round.

as much as i'm concerned about who we take - i'm concerned about who we don't take. no grayson please
Quote:
If we sign Grayson effing Allen then I'm burning my MFFL card and becoming a Rockets fan just out of spite... Might even buy a Harden jersey to wear when I splatter my brains on a wall.
Old 04-15-2018, 01:04 PM   #1237
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

If we get Grayson Allen, then that is 100% on UD for jinxing us the whole season hating on him.

Old 04-15-2018, 01:31 PM   #1238
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post

1) I wouldn't be disappointed in JJJ over Bagley. I can see the upside.

2) Grayson Allen to Dallas would make for a spectacular murder-suicide.

3) Brandon McCoy with our last pick would be okay I guess. He's not much of a defender, but he'll easily be the best offensive center picked in the second round... Would much rather have Kansas SG Malik Newman who is pegged to go one pick before us. Dude killed the tourney, looks like he's finally putting it all together... I also like Arizona's Allonzo Trier, but it looks like his drug suspension has him possibly going undrafted, so we might be able to snag him after the draft.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-15-2018 at 01:33 PM.
Old 04-15-2018, 01:36 PM   #1239
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Justin Jackson could be a steal with that last pick coming off injury if he fell that far. Maybe he falls all the way out like Motley did.
Old 04-15-2018, 02:02 PM   #1240
Underdog

Quote:
Justin Jackson could be a steal with that last pick coming off injury if he fell that far. Maybe he falls all the way out like Motley did.
I dunno, I see Jackson probably going closer to the mid-2nd... Injury concerns tend to matter less later in the draft since you're basically taking a flyer on guys anyway.