Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 01-27-2007, 12:59 PM   #1
Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud of
Default Apple or PC?

I was thinking of investing in a new computer this year.

I have never owned a Mac.

Does anyone here have experience with both who would care to tell someone like me--Mr. Tech Challenged--if I should try a Mac? What are the key differences? Would it be hard to adapt?
Big Shot Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2007, 01:11 PM   #2
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

You're a gamer, if I know anything about you........ get a Windows-based PC, based on that alone.
Old 01-27-2007, 01:16 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I grew up on Mac's....
give me the PC.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 03:35 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Mac sucks unless you are into the graphics/movies editting thing.

For everything else go PC.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 03:43 PM   #5
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

I work with and on computers all day all week. My next home PC is a mac because I'm sick to death of diagnosing and fixing crap. Macs are packed full of reliablility and capability features.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 04:39 PM   #6
SeattleMavsFan

SeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the rough

I work in the tech industry and get a Mac, unless you play a lot of games. the people who say don't buy a macs have never used them or only used them way back and not recently. They are fantastic computers. If you game, a windows PC is the better route. however, you can install windows on macs now so that's not a big deal. obviously there is a price difference as well so it just depends on how much money you have to spend and/or if you are a heavy gamer. good luck!
Old 01-27-2007, 04:43 PM   #7
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktruth
I work with and on computers all day all week. My next home PC is a mac because I'm sick to death of diagnosing and fixing crap. Macs are packed full of reliablility and capability features.
Me as well.

I run both M$ boxes, and Linux. For personal use, I use Linux. For the wife and kids, they get M$.

Mine is far more stable, but it is easier to use M$ for them. I have used Mac a little, and was not crazy about it at all till OSX which of course is really just a BSD kernel anyway.

Still depending on what you are doing, M$ ends up making the most sense, most of the time because of the availability of support, software, ease of use and parts.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson

Last edited by dalmations202; 01-27-2007 at 04:46 PM.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 04:44 PM   #8
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Cheapest one. They are commodity items.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 05:15 PM   #9
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 05:32 PM   #10
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

I use a Mac and I WON'T go back to PC any time soon. I was a PC guy until 2004 when I got my powerbook. Everything just runs smoothly, no pop ups, no viruses, all programs work together, simply- clutter free computing. Everything is extremely intuitive. I remember days when I'd be frustrated using my PC, but with my Mac it always seems to relax me. If you're looking for a desktop, I'd get an iMac. They are really a great value and space saving. The laptops is more whatever is in your price range, but they're all fast. I used to worry about processing speed between Mac and PC, but I've learned Mac isn't going to sell a product that will let you down. Mac will update their OS pretty soon, so I'd probably wait til they do that to buy one. Soon you will be able to simultaniously run OSX and Windows on a Mac. Right now you'd have to reboot to switch OS's.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 06:00 PM   #11
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Lets face facts here -

You ain't gonna ditch the spurts for a quality basketball team.
You ain't gonna ditch your inferior computer for a Macintosh.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:09 PM   #12
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

both
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 06:40 PM   #13
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

I use Windows at home and Macs at work. There's pluses and minuses to both. THere's probably more updating to do with Windows, but Mac is more expensive. I've had 1 virus problem in 10 years with my PC, which was a huge hassle. Without free tech support at work for the Mac, though, I'd have had just as much problems with compatibility issues, system breakdowns, and stuff.

Most annoyingly, lots of things on the web tend to get all jammed up on the mac. Probably something to do with the program that runs animations in advertisements, but it's not as easy to fix as it is with a pc.

If you are a casual user, go with dude's advice and get the cheapest. Home movies, pictures, email, watching dvds, browsing the web, they are just as easy on Mac or Windows. Everything is pretty intuitive and easy these days.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 07:35 PM   #14
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcity
Lets face facts here -

You ain't gonna ditch the spurts for a quality basketball team.
You ain't gonna ditch your inferior computer for a Macintosh.
Best. Post. Ever.

Give me the Mac.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 07:57 PM   #15
Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud of

Ditch the Spurs?

Did America quit after the Germans bombed us at Pearl Harbor?!
Old 01-27-2007, 09:20 PM   #16
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, for whatever reason I thought that was lonestar rob. Nevermind then, give the mac a go.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:40 PM   #17
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

if you are getting a laptop, go for a mac. if a desktop a PC would be a nice option. you'll be able to use more programs with the pc, but with the way things are going soon everything will run on both systems. i'm not sure if you can overclock on a mac, but an OCed Core2Duo dishes out amazing performance. you might be better off with a custom PC. anyone can build it, just be careful and read the instructions. and dont buy the cheap hardware just because of the price. be sure to get a brand name motherboard and RAM and power supply.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:29 PM   #18
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Shot Rob
Nope. We had shiny new weapons and a the will of a young generation.

The spurs got a deck fire and a breeched hull.

Time to jump ship Marty.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:31 PM   #19
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

i love my mac.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:05 AM   #20
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Shot Rob
Ditch the Spurs?

ha ha. this must be what happens to spurs fans after a watching Dirk Nowitski for a couple years. Germans are bombing from everywhere.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:07 AM   #21
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

UL... that's a quote from Animal House....
Old 01-28-2007, 01:12 AM   #22
bernardos70
Diamond Member

Funniest exchange in a long time.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:10 AM   #23
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

this is interesting. You can now buy Apple computers with Vista pre loaded on it.

http://www.theinq.com/default.aspx?article=37216
Old 01-28-2007, 05:46 AM   #24
Big Shot Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
ha ha. this must be what happens to spurs fans after a watching Dirk Nowitski for a couple years. Germans are bombing from everywhere.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D-Day: War's over, man. Wormer dropped the big one.
Bluto: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
Bluto: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...
[thinks hard]
Bluto: the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!
[runs out, alone; then returns]
Bluto: What the fuck happened to the Delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer...
Otter: Dead! Bluto's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
Bluto: We're just the guys to do it.
D-Day: Let's do it.
Bluto: LET'S DO IT!
Old 01-28-2007, 08:11 AM   #25
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
UL... that's a quote from Animal House....
ack. thank you sir! may I have another?
Old 01-28-2007, 11:35 AM   #26
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a developer at a Microsoft shop, so obviously, I'm biased.

But, all three of my siblings-in-law recently bought Macbooks, two of them the pro kind. They paid significantly more money than they would've for a comparable PC laptop. They use nothing they couldn't have on a PC laptop other than nifty gadets like the widgets. They brag about not getting viruses, then install XP as soon as they need to play games.

My sister-in-law had a problem with her DHCP setup over Christmas. She wasn't getting her info from the router. Now, with windows, I could've manually put in her info in 2 seconds and she would've been up and running. But, with the OS she had running, I couldn't find the advanced network setting. I kept finding wizards and such. So, she had to spend over an hour on the phone with tech support before they finally got her to the window I was looking for, she hung up, and I got her online.

IMO, there are reasons to own a Mac, but they usually don't apply to casual users.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 11:42 AM   #27
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Jthig32 I think alludes to something that isn't talked about so much, it's sort of like when you have a popular car there are more (and cheaper) parts to repair it with or more people to work on them (again cheaply).

I'm sure PCs are much like that.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 01-28-2007, 11:47 AM   #28
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Jthig32 I think alludes to eysomething that isn't talked about so much, it's sort of like when you have a popular car there are more (and cheaper) parts to repair it with or more people to work on them (again cheaply).

I'm sure PCs are much like that.
Exactly. They had someone in the family (me) that could help them with the vast majority of problems or questions they had. Now they're dependant on tech support.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 01-28-2007, 12:01 PM   #29
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
IMO, there are reasons to own a Mac, but they usually don't apply to casual users.
This is normally the thesis I read from those in the know.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:20 PM   #30
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32

I'd actually argue the benefits are to the casual user. All of the Macs programs run smoothly. When your internet is down, its usually a very easy fix that OSX guides you step by step thru. My parents could easily run OSX and never have to ask me a computer related question again, but my dad is stubborn. The spotlight on OSX is amazing, btw and light years ahead of any PC one I've used. You never have to remember where you put anything. I know I'm rambling, likely because I'm still hungry after eating breakfast, but using a Mac is like watching Dirk drill 3s.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 12:52 PM   #31
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubOverdose
I'd actually argue the benefits are to the casual user. All of the Macs programs run smoothly. When your internet is down, its usually a very easy fix that OSX guides you step by step thru. My parents could easily run OSX and never have to ask me a computer related question again, but my dad is stubborn. The spotlight on OSX is amazing, btw and light years ahead of any PC one I've used. You never have to remember where you put anything. I know I'm rambling, likely because I'm still hungry after eating breakfast, but using a Mac is like watching Dirk drill 3s.
Well, I disagree. I think XP is every bit as easy to use, and it's intuitive to the basic user because most everyone is familiar with windows. And if spotlight is the self-indexing search engine in OSX, then I don't see how it's any better than Google Desktop. Is it nice that's it's included? Sure. Is it worth the extra money? No.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 01-28-2007, 04:51 PM   #32
SeattleMavsFan

SeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the rough

both are easy to USE so that's not the argument. the argument as far as I am concerned is reliability. XP isn't bad but it still has a ton of reliability problems with programs and/or viruses and spyware. eventually, windows just needs to be reformatted and started fresh again because it just gets god awful slow and unreliable. show me a mac that has this problem? you won't find it.

i don't own a mac but i've used them quite a bit. I do want one for my main desktop. someday that will happen. if you game, you have to use windows. that's just how it is. a few games are ported to mac but for the most part they are not. however, the games that do run on mac..they run flawlessly. these days though, the new macs can dual boot with windows. and coming soon, you will be able to run windows applications/games simultaneously inside OSX.

as far as I'm concerned, the main problem people have with Macs are the price. it's just cheaper to get a PC and cost is everything in this country. Why do you think people buy Chevy's for goodness sakes?!
Old 01-28-2007, 08:29 PM   #33
capitalcity
Diamond Member

I've never encountered a problem downloading porn on my mac.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:56 PM   #34
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

As to the widgets.... Vista fixes that....
Old 01-28-2007, 10:14 PM   #35
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
As to the widgets.... Vista fixes that....
Yay. Now I can have a flash clock float on my desktop, and a ball I can bounce around...and other fantastic inventions.....

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 01-28-2007, 11:39 PM   #36
Drbio
Banned

So to summarize the thread.....Mac sucks.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:55 PM   #37
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Well Mac has it's place in the world..... but for the price I would want sparks flying out of the dang thing.....

And Vista is quite an OS, I'm here to tell you. I can't imagine needing more from an Operating System.

NT has definitely grown up.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:09 AM   #38
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Well Mac has it's place in the world..... but for the price I would want sparks flying out of the dang thing.....

And Vista is quite an OS, I'm here to tell you. I can't imagine needing more from an Operating System.

NT has definitely grown up.
Once they scrapped the old dos device driver model and switched everything over to NT, it got a heck of a lot more stable.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:13 AM   #39
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

The catch phrase around Microsoft about Vista is that it's "beautiful".

And they are not lying. It literally is a pretty thing. That's why if you get a PC make sure your graphics card has at least 128MB so you can run Aero.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 01-29-2007 at 12:14 AM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:25 AM   #40
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcity
I've never encountered a problem downloading porn on my mac.
Should've closed the thread right after this one.....