Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-23-2011, 01:01 PM   #1
buddha08

buddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of light
Default League Rescinds Chandler Tech. Foul

OKLAHOMA CITY -- For the second time during the Western Conference finals, the NBA rescinded a technical foul called on Dallas Mavericks center Tyson Chandler.

Upon further review, the league office ruled Sunday that Chandler's contact with Oklahoma City Thunder sixth man James Harden during the third quarter of the Mavs' Game 3 win Saturday was incidental and not unsportsmanlike.

Chandler was called for the technical after Harden hit the floor hard following some contact with the Mavs' big man with 4:43 remaining in the third quarter. Harden had just made a layup and Chandler was attempting to take the ball out of bounds when they bumped.

Western Conference Finals

Thunder Mavericks The Mavericks and Thunder face off with the Western Conference title on the line. Follow the matchup from Day 1 on ESPN.com's series page.

• Mavs blog | ESPNDallas.com
• NBA playoffs | Schedule

"It was not a vicious elbow," Chandler said before the Mavs' practice Sunday, when he was awaiting a ruling from the NBA. "I did not throw an elbow. I was trying to take the ball out of bounds. He tried to initiate contact and did a good job of flopping."

Chandler lifted his arms, with the ball in his hands, after bumping chests with Harden. There appeared to be minimal, if any, contact with Chandler's right elbow and Harden's face, but Harden stayed on the court for several seconds with his hands over his face. Harden stayed in the game and did not require any medical attention.

The NBA office agreed with the Mavericks' contention that Harden embellished the contact.

"He did a good job because he got me a technical and he got his team a point for it," Chandler said. "That's the case with a lot of them. They run into you, do little things. Whether you react or don't react, it seems that you kind of get caught up in the situation. It's our job just to stay away from it all. You come here to play basketball. You don't come here for the sideshow."

Chandler officially has three technical fouls this postseason, not including the two that have been rescinded this series. A player must serve a one-game suspension if he gets seven technicals during the playoffs.

The other technical foul against Chandler that was rescinded occurred during Game 1. Chandler and Oklahoma City center Kendrick Perkins were whistled for double technicals after a Perkins-initiated confrontation 70 seconds into the series, but the league ruled the next day that Chandler's actions did not merit a technical.

Tim MacMahon covers the Mavericks for ESPNDallas.com.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba...ory?id=6575833
buddha08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2011, 01:03 PM   #2
buddha08

buddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of light

I hope this means the officials will be paying more attention to the flopping going on by OKC. I also hope they do a better job officiating in general. Last game was pretty piss poor on the refs part.
buddha08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:35 PM   #3
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

While rescinded T's are good from keeping a player getting closer to being suspended a game, they don't however erase the free point given to the other team during the game.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:40 PM   #4
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
While rescinded T's are good from keeping a player getting closer to being suspended a game, they don't however erase the free point given to the other team during the game.
exactly...so unless you have 5 or 6 techs, this don't mean nothing
Old 05-23-2011, 02:01 PM   #5
Blackspider

Blackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of light

Why do they continue to allow these players to keep running into and purposely tying to Chandler to try and push him over the edge?

Props to Chandler for not taking the bait from these clowns.
Blackspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:02 PM   #6
john cage bubblegum

john cage bubblegum is a glorious beacon of lightjohn cage bubblegum is a glorious beacon of lightjohn cage bubblegum is a glorious beacon of lightjohn cage bubblegum is a glorious beacon of lightjohn cage bubblegum is a glorious beacon of lightjohn cage bubblegum is a glorious beacon of lightjohn cage bubblegum is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav Addict View Post
exactly...so unless you have 5 or 6 techs, this don't mean nothing
disagree. chandler already has 4 techs (woulda been 5) and the mavs could potentially play up to 11 more playoff games. chandler figures to get at least 1 or 2 more legit techs. it was definitely important to get that one rescinded.
john cage bubblegum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:02 PM   #7
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Did anybody catch the Ben&Skin show tonight and is able to say when they've been talking about ReCalls.com. Would like to relisten but don't wan't to search the whole show for this piece.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:22 PM   #8
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
Did anybody catch the Ben&Skin show tonight and is able to say when they've been talking about ReCalls.com. Would like to relisten but don't wan't to search the whole show for this piece.
It was between 11:30 and 12:00, I believe. I think it was their second to last segment.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 05-23-2011 at 02:22 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:29 PM   #9
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

I don't remember Chandler being involved with any major fights over the years. It's so freaking funny to see OKC acting this out.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:10 PM   #10
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

What if we had lost that game by one point difference ?
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:24 PM   #11
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
It was between 11:30 and 12:00, I believe. I think it was their second to last segment.
Thanks.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:47 PM   #12
JKiddFTW

JKiddFTW will become famous soon enoughJKiddFTW will become famous soon enough

i just want to see one game this series called good on both sides.. let em play
JKiddFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:57 PM   #13
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone watch the Heat/Bulls game yesterday? Now THAT was a let-'em-play kind of a game. All out muggings on both ends. It was beautiful.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:05 PM   #14
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

I try to watch 'em, but every time I look at the heat I get a little sick. Trying to watch them play in a whited out aaa is like trying to watch....i dunno...something really really sickening.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:42 PM   #15
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post
Anyone watch the Heat/Bulls game yesterday? Now THAT was a let-'em-play kind of a game. All out muggings on both ends. It was beautiful.
Refs sucked in that game as well. Miami got most of the calls. Unless you like that.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:47 PM   #16
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by john cage bubblegum View Post
disagree. chandler already has 4 techs (woulda been 5) and the mavs could potentially play up to 11 more playoff games. chandler figures to get at least 1 or 2 more legit techs. it was definitely important to get that one rescinded.
Nope, only 3. 2 of his 5 technical fouls have been rescinded.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:49 PM   #17
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
Refs sucked in that game as well. Miami got most of the calls. Unless you like that.
Hm... I didn't watch the end of the game (really hard to stay interested in non-Mavs games), but the segment I watched, refs basically didn't call ANYTHING. Certainly night and day between yesterday's game and Sunday's Mavs/OKC game.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:09 PM   #18
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackspider View Post
Why do they continue to allow these players to keep running into and purposely tying to Chandler to try and push him over the edge?

Props to Chandler for not taking the bait from these clowns.
Good question.. Harden should have gotten an infraction for the whole thing.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:11 PM   #19
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
What if we had lost that game by one point difference ?
Refs would be dapping each other...good one bra..
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 05-23-2011, 08:12 PM   #20
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
I try to watch 'em, but every time I look at the heat I get a little sick. Trying to watch them play in a whited out aaa is like trying to watch....i dunno...something really really sickening.
I can't either.. It makes me sick and wish injury, since I can't control myself I just stay away.