Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-21-2011, 10:38 PM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tonight's game 3 officiating..

I've got to say that this was literally one of the most uneven officiated games that I have ever seen in my life. The discrepancy in contact allowed on one end compared to the other is just... let's just leave it at that.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2011, 10:42 PM   #2
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

I would have to agree. BS calls.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:46 PM   #3
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
I've got to say that this was literally one of the most uneven officiated games that I have ever seen in my life. The discrepancy in contact allowed on one end compared to the other is just... let's just leave it at that.
It was as bad or worse than the Miami series. Disgusting.

Luckily, these ain't the 2006 mavs.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:47 PM   #4
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

LetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant future

True dat.

Last edited by LetsGoMavs; 05-21-2011 at 10:54 PM.
LetsGoMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:48 PM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

BS calls...yeah, some went both ways. But, I'd have Westbrook and Durant drive every freaking time. If the shot doesn't go in, they're going to get to the line way too often. On the other end.. well, let's just say that if the same amount of contact would have occurred in game 1, Dirk would have taken 40+ ft's. I'm all for letting them play some, but that only occurred on one end.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:51 PM   #6
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

disgusting.i don't believe.

but anyway we win...f*ck thunders!f*uck refs!
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:52 PM   #7
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

We can finally breathe. It ain't over yet though!
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:53 PM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

I feel dirty griping about officiating. I very, very rarely complain about it. I know that it's a difficult job, but tonight was inexcusable.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:55 PM   #9
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

It was worse than Miami. Mavs shot some FT's in Miami. In fact, they shot quite a few. And D-Wade is much slinkier and better and manuevering into contact than any of the Thunder players (yes, even KD).

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:57 PM   #10
g30hd3

g30hd3 is a jewel in the roughg30hd3 is a jewel in the roughg30hd3 is a jewel in the roughg30hd3 is a jewel in the rough

Disgusting. Nothing more.
g30hd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:57 PM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

With what I've said, I don't want to take anything away from Collision.. He did a tremendous job. But the combination of:
1. The type of fouls that were called when Westbrook or Durant drove
AND
2. The type of contact that OKC was allowed on the defensive end..

well, it made for a really unevenly officiated game.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:58 PM   #12
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

we all know the refs are told to favor the team thats down a lot. but at some point its just too much
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:58 PM   #13
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

It was hard to believe what I was seeing, really. This might be the proudest I've ever been of this team. What a gutty performance in that fourth quarter.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:58 PM   #14
MaverickOutlaw
Banned

MaverickOutlaw is infamous around these partsMaverickOutlaw is infamous around these partsMaverickOutlaw is infamous around these parts

I was pretty disgusting with the weak calls.
MaverickOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:00 PM   #15
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

Even with the help of the zebras, they still could take what's ours....it's fate....next game be more aggressive in the paint and we will get calls also
Old 05-21-2011, 11:00 PM   #16
Murphy3
Guru

It's tough..what in the hell do you do if you're a player in that situation? A coach? I cannot believe that it didn't boil over at some point. Yes, the Mavs did receive the benefit of a couple of bad calls... but dear God, the Thunder were the benefactor all night long on both sides of the ball. It was truly amazing.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:00 PM   #17
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
It was hard to believe what I was seeing, really. This might be the proudest I've ever been of this team. What a gutty performance in that fourth quarter.
Yep. These ain't the 06 Mavs. Like Murph, I am loathe to really complain about officiating, but I had to mute the TV and turn off Twitter for much of the 4th. Really hard to stomach the discrepancy, but these Mavs are hungry, and they don't care what it takes. They're gonna eat!
Old 05-21-2011, 11:02 PM   #18
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's tough..what in the hell do you do if you're a player in that situation? A coach? I cannot believe that it didn't boil over at some point. Yes, the Mavs did receive the benefit of a couple of bad calls... but dear God, the Thunder were the benefactor all night long on both sides of the ball. It was truly amazing.
The smartest thing Rick did in the 4th was to move away from Dirk on the post. He was absolutely getting murdered. At least when he went to Dirk and Terry with the high screen and roll out top, Dirk was able to catch in space and make a move, or get off a clean look.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:02 PM   #19
muzak

muzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of light

James Harden should feel ashamed of himself.

Last edited by muzak; 05-21-2011 at 11:05 PM.
muzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:07 PM   #20
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post
The smartest thing Rick did in the 4th was to move away from Dirk on the post. He was absolutely getting murdered. At least when he went to Dirk and Terry with the high screen and roll out top, Dirk was able to catch in space and make a move, or get off a clean look.
Actually, I thought Carlisle was a little slow to move to the high screen and roll both in game 2 and 3... but, it worked out tonight.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:07 PM   #21
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

The awesomeness of the Mavs overcame the worst reffing I've seen to date.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:09 PM   #22
beatLA

beatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the rough

Disgusting!Unbelievable!
Old 05-21-2011, 11:10 PM   #23
Yuckychimp

Yuckychimp is on a distinguished road

Great win for the mavs but I can't help but wonder if they make the nba finals just how bad the refs are going to favor the miami cheat with lebron and wade going to the line. It's going to be worse than 2006. It's no secret Stern wants his golden children in Wade and Lebron to win it all. Stern is going to do everything in his power to make sure Cuban fails.

I hope it isn't the case but Stern hates the Mavs guts for some reason.
Yuckychimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:14 PM   #24
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Look, I love me some Dirk. Love him. Gay for the man. A couple of games ago he had the absolute best playoff game I have ever seen (and arguably one of if not the very best ever). On top of that, yes, the officiating was HORRIBLE. Just horrible. Dirk never had a chance to have a great game.

That said, OKC won't spot us a 20+ point lead in the first 15 minutes next game so I hope he pushes through some scrub white boy's rough hands and forces the ball in the hoop (or at least doesn't turn the ball over 7 times). A lot of that will be on Carlisle - no doubt - but he is too good for that, lack of fouls be damned. This is not the Dirk against Houston in games 1 and 2 (really the entire series). Play through it big man - find your groove again.

Great thing about Dallas in 2011? We STILL won. In OKC.

Go Mavs!
Old 05-21-2011, 11:17 PM   #25
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

f' those refs also. It is disgusting to watch a sport where you can see a zebra make the difference. What a crappy sport.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:18 PM   #26
Murphy3
Guru

You won't get any argument from me with that post MaleDan... Dirk was not good by any stretch. However, he had more than a little help in having a piss poor game thanks to the just wretched officiating.

On the other end, you just cannot even breathe on Westbrook or Durant when they go to the rim.

I'm really proud of the Mavs for not blowing up. Actually, I was hoping to see the Mavs get back up by 10 with 10 seconds to go and then have Carlisle just lay in to the officials. That was a disgusting display by the refs.. absolutely horrible.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:19 PM   #27
MascisMan

MascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzak View Post
Embarrassed really. Realizing that the whole nation is going to see replays of his silly flop. Same goes for the refs, they should be embarrassed that they bought it.
MascisMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:20 PM   #28
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

It was definitely a combination of problems with Dirk. If his jumper is falling like it normally is, it wouldn't have been nearly as big of an issue. But with his shot so far off, he made the proper adjustment by attacking the rim, and just got hammered every single time.

Just a hard situation to play in, with a broken jumper and no respect from the refs. But he and the team still found a way to tough it out, and I would expect he'll get a few extra calls Monday night.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 05-21-2011, 11:21 PM   #29
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

The officiating was just horrible. I actually didn't fear the OKC players. I feared the refs. Ugh.

Which do you guys think was worse? The officiating tonight? Or the officiating in 2006 Finals?
Old 05-21-2011, 11:22 PM   #30
mavsman

mavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to behold

In last years WCF the Suns shot 190 fts over the 6 games and the Lakers shot 140. That's 50 morefts over 6 games. And guess what, the Suns did not win the series. The better team did. Same here. Same here. Same here.
mavsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:25 PM   #31
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
It was definitely a combination of problems with Dirk. If his jumper is falling like it normally is, it wouldn't have been nearly as big of an issue. But with his shot so far off, he made the proper adjustment by attacking the rim, and just got hammered every single time.

Just a hard situation to play in, with a broken jumper and no respect from the refs. But he and the team still found a way to tough it out, and I would expect he'll get a few extra calls Monday night.
What really bothered me was the amount of contact that they allowed OKC when Dirk's back was to the basket..and when Dirk didn't have the ball and was coming off a screen.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:26 PM   #32
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

My favorite moment was when they actually finally called Collison for grabbing Dirk while fighting through a screen in the 4th quarter, and Dirk looked at the refs and just started laughing.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:27 PM   #33
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You won't get any argument from me with that post MaleDan... Dirk was not good by any stretch. However, he had more than a little help in having a piss poor game thanks to the just wretched officiating.

On the other end, you just cannot even breathe on Westbrook or Durant when they go to the rim.

I'm really proud of the Mavs for not blowing up. Actually, I was hoping to see the Mavs get back up by 10 with 10 seconds to go and then have Carlisle just lay in to the officials. That was a disgusting display by the refs.. absolutely horrible.
Oh no doubt that the refs played a HUGE role in it. On top of that, as you pointed out, it is free throw after free throw when Durant/Westbrook try to drive. Just horrible.

The big thing that surprised me is just how Dirk kind of took it. I mean, shit, BLOW UP and get a tech and actually push them to think about a 2nd. Get in a refs face and just let him hear it. He isn't in trouble with regards to a total tech count so man, use one in this case. Say something in the press conference. Something.

I just hope this shit doesn't carry over into game 4. He doesn't have to get a foul when someone breathes on him, but if you call a breath foul against Dallas return the damn favor. Call it even and let the best team win.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:28 PM   #34
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

can we talk about bad announcing next? I cant believe Van Gundy was an actual coach in the NBA.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:28 PM   #35
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
My favorite moment was when they actually finally called Collison for grabbing Dirk while fighting through a screen in the 4th quarter, and Dirk looked at the refs and just started laughing.
Yep. "NOW you call it?"

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-21-2011, 11:30 PM   #36
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male30Dan View Post
Oh no doubt that the refs played a HUGE role in it. On top of that, as you pointed out, it is free throw after free throw when Durant/Westbrook try to drive. Just horrible.

The big thing that surprised me is just how Dirk kind of took it. I mean, shit, BLOW UP and get a tech and actually push them to think about a 2nd. Get in a refs face and just let him hear it. He isn't in trouble with regards to a total tech count so man, use one in this case. Say something in the press conference. Something.

I just hope this shit doesn't carry over into game 4. He doesn't have to get a foul when someone breathes on him, but if you call a breath foul against Dallas return the damn favor. Call it even and let the best team win.
Personally, I'd rather it not come from the players...
Old 05-21-2011, 11:31 PM   #37
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzak View Post
It's already on YouTube. I guess this is what people do when they can't actually make any shots (2-9)...
Old 05-21-2011, 11:31 PM   #38
Yakapo

Yakapo is on a distinguished road

That was some of the worst officiating I've ever seen. they had double the foul shots we did. I quit watching the NBA for years because of bs like this. i really hope the bulls win. otherwise it's going to be much worse in the finals.
Yakapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:31 PM   #39
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Personally, I'd rather it not come from the players...
In a situation like that, I wouldn't give a shit if it came from the dude that wipes up sweat when a player falls. Something needed to be done.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:31 PM   #40
Murphy3
Guru

Just heard this on 103.3... Dirk's being taken to a local hospital in OKC so that a detective and a medical professional can exam him for sexual assault.

Tags
deleted tags, ihaveasmallpenis, weknow