Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-17-2007, 03:01 AM   #41
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
I loved every minute of seeing GW go up in flames.
You and me both.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2007, 09:07 AM   #42
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

This is eerily similar to what Bill Parcells did after the Cowboys season ended.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:41 PM   #43
come_on_now

come_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by She_Growls
Nellie compromsied himself when he allowed his GSW players to conduct themselves like thugs. I was shocked to see him carry-on in their huddle during the pre-games. I don't ever recall Nellie behaving this way with his Mavericks. In fact, he denounced such behavior by the Mavericks, to the point of disallowing Antoine Walker to do the "shimmy" on the floor. I guess Nellie's standards were lowered when his only "motive was to stick it to Mark Cuban and the Mavericks." Now that GSW is out of the playoffs, where is his motivation? He's ready to play golf and BDiddy will conduct practice....Sounds familiar.
Well, I think the thugish mentality of the team is what gave them their little "military burn" push. Nellie knew that's all they really had to beat teams. They are undisciplined in their execution, in their minds, and with the ball.

Nellie was doing the only thing he thought would work. He's not as dumb as he looks and he knew that "military burn" soaks up the fuel quick. This is why they got blasted out of the 2nd round and couldn't win a single elimination game.

A lot of the downplaying he did about his team prior to the playoffs was a psychological thing but it was also very true and he knew it. He knew a team like that had a very, very, very low chance of going all the way and he knew Boozer would rock their world pretty good.
come_on_now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 10:43 PM   #44
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

They believed! Because they are retards. Congrats on beating the Mavericks now all you need to do is learn how to beat 28 other teams.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 11:06 PM   #45
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by come_on_now
Well, I think the thugish mentality of the team is what gave them their little "military burn" push. Nellie knew that's all they really had to beat teams. They are undisciplined in their execution, in their minds, and with the ball.

Nellie was doing the only thing he thought would work. He's not as dumb as he looks and he knew that "military burn" soaks up the fuel quick. This is why they got blasted out of the 2nd round and couldn't win a single elimination game.

A lot of the downplaying he did about his team prior to the playoffs was a psychological thing but it was also very true and he knew it. He knew a team like that had a very, very, very low chance of going all the way and he knew Boozer would rock their world pretty good.
This is specious reasoning. The series turned when the Warriors gave away the lead in the last minute of Game Two. And that's not to mention that they had a shot in the air that would have won Game One.

Nellie has nothing to do with Pietrus and Davis missing three free throws in the final minute. He has nothing to do with Davis making a brain-dead turnover. Nellie's gameplan worked TO A TEE. They should have won that game.

And if they win Game Two...and then go to blow them out in Game Three...well, I might like their chances a little better in Game Four.

If it's 3-1 Golden State after four...well, Utah would be at home right now.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:35 AM   #46
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41
They believed! Because they are retards. Congrats on beating the Mavericks now all you need to do is learn how to beat 28 other teams.

LMAO!!!

I shouldve thought of that!

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 01:53 PM   #47
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
This is specious reasoning. The series turned when the Warriors gave away the lead in the last minute of Game Two. And that's not to mention that they had a shot in the air that would have won Game One.

Nellie has nothing to do with Pietrus and Davis missing three free throws in the final minute. He has nothing to do with Davis making a brain-dead turnover. Nellie's gameplan worked TO A TEE. They should have won that game.

And if they win Game Two...and then go to blow them out in Game Three...well, I might like their chances a little better in Game Four.

If it's 3-1 Golden State after four...well, Utah would be at home right now.
This makes the same sense as "If Dallas would have done this, or GS wouldn't have hit that shot, then the outcome would have been different."

That is why the games are played.

GSW shot out of there minds against Dallas. Dallas played one of the worse series they have all year. If either of these would have been different, then the outcome would have been different. If GSW would have shot that efficiently against Utah, and Utah would have been less efficient, then GSW would have won. Same logic.

If I would have put the winning numbers instead of losing ones on that lottery ticket before the drawing, then I would have won.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 03:14 PM   #48
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

lemme see if I've got your schtick worked out:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Nellie has nothing to do with Pietrus and Davis missing three free throws in the final minute. He has nothing to do with Davis making a brain-dead turnover.
. . . but Nellie had everything to do with the shots they made.
. . . and Avery deserves credit for the Mavs missed shots

Quote:
Nellie's gameplan worked TO A TEE.
except, of course, for that part about winning, which Nelson can't do in the playoffs because he doesn't have the right players, and isn't as important as showing up your old boss, anyway.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote