Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-15-2007, 09:58 PM   #1
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rick Adelman : last cough for Houston or dangerous liason?

There are rumors of Rick Adelman talking with the Rockets. I was wondering what y'all thought of that. In a way I think its a pathetic last gasp after the Rockets have failed to do anything with the best center and a top 4 swingman, but I also see Adelman as a smart, hardworking guy that can help the team get offense out of other players and help Yao distribute if doubled.

Thoughts?
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2007, 11:45 PM   #2
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

for those that want an article: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/4807442.html

fine with me. rockets offense looked horrible with the exception of 10-15 games this year most without yao because JVG only knows to just dump it to him and let him go 1 on 1. instead of using him similiar to duncan.

GM/owner dont really seem to get along with JVG. (bonzi etc....)
JVG had 4 years (3 really) but its time for a new look.

rockets still need a real PG/PF/6th man
Old 05-16-2007, 01:19 AM   #3
kingmalaki

kingmalaki is infamous around these partskingmalaki is infamous around these parts

It won't make a difference if we don't get some talent upgrades. We need a PF and a PG bad, or at least a quality scoring option off the bench (i.e. what Bonzi was supposed to be this year).

I do think our offense is VERY predictable and am excited to see what Adelman can do with our two stars (assuming the rumors are true). It would be nice to not rely on T-Mac to create for everyone, and to see some of Yao's other skills utilized (he has a nice jumper and is a very good passer).
kingmalaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 06:30 AM   #4
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

If Houston had any sense, and I question that..........

They would keep JVG, just not as the head coach, hire Adeleman for his offensive talents.
Keep the same D.

Trade any combination not including Yao, McGrady, or Battier for Bibby. Try and sign Webber. Upgrade the bench.

Bibby, McGrady, Battier, Webber, Yao would be hard to deal with in Adelman's offense.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 05:23 PM   #5
And1

And1 will become famous soon enough

^^that would be interesting...especially if Bonzi decides to stay b/c of Adelman.

btw, jvg turned down a senior consultant position with the roxs

Last edited by And1; 05-19-2007 at 05:24 PM.
And1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 06:19 PM   #6
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

I don't think it's desperate. He never should of been fired from the Kings after making the playoffs what 8 seasons in a row? and the 1st season he's gone they miss the playoffs and that coach may already be fired.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 08:22 PM   #7
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

I think it's a pretty good hire, although I wonder how the team will adapt to a dramatic shift in coaching philosophy. They will probably have to make some roster changes as well.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 12:08 AM   #8
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
If Houston had any sense, and I question that..........

They would keep JVG, just not as the head coach, hire Adeleman for his offensive talents.
Keep the same D.

Trade any combination not including Yao, McGrady, or Battier for Bibby. Try and sign Webber. Upgrade the bench.

Bibby, McGrady, Battier, Webber, Yao would be hard to deal with in Adelman's offense.
Makes sense to me, they would have a very solid team. Nice thinking.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 12:35 AM   #9
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
There are rumors of Rick Adelman talking with the Rockets. I was wondering what y'all thought of that. In a way I think its a pathetic last gasp after the Rockets have failed to do anything with the best center and a top 4 swingman, but I also see Adelman as a smart, hardworking guy that can help the team get offense out of other players and help Yao distribute if doubled.

Thoughts?
I think it's a great hire. JVG is wound way to tight for me. He's got two "arguably" transcendent players and he's still got the team wound up tighter than a drum. Let 'em play a little bit.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 01:06 AM   #10
vjz

vjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nice

Adelman will get the best out of the Rockets. There is a severe dearth of good NBA coaches and this is a good move by the Rockets.
vjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 01:47 PM   #11
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Who would they trade for Bibby? They have a few expiring contracts but no talent/draft picks to give up for an All-Star.

Rafer Alston? Luther Head? Sactown does not do that trade. And besides, if Artest leaves the Kings (as rumored)..Bibby is the man once again.