Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

View Poll Results: Who are you rooting for?
Jazz - Tough, unselfish team 11 18.64%
Pistons - Only contender from the East 10 16.95%
Spurs - Only remaining Texas team 20 33.90%
Warriors - Let's the Mavs off the hook? 2 3.39%
Suns - Time for Nash to get a ring? 9 15.25%
Don't care 7 11.86%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-15-2007, 11:00 AM   #1
vjz

vjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nice
Question Who are you rooting for?

The Mavs are out but the 2nd round of the playoffs is at a very critical & exciting juncture. Who are you rooting for at this point and why?
vjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2007, 11:07 AM   #2
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pulling for career ending injuries all around.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:18 PM   #3
mffl03

mffl03 will become famous soon enough

pistons or jazz...

my vote to the pistons to reaffirm that this is a team game....same with jazz....enough with this superstar bs
mffl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 02:40 PM   #4
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

hate the spurs
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 02:42 PM   #5
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Once the Suns and Warriors are out, I don't really care.

I'll just be rooting against the Spurs at that point....of course they spurs just probably lost their chance to win this series last night.

Anyway...I'm not rooting FOR anyone. I'm rooting against the gimmick.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:52 PM   #6
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

rooting against the machine i see flaco?
Old 05-15-2007, 03:00 PM   #7
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
rooting against the machine i see flaco?
I'm rooting for teams who don't look sadly at the 3 point line as they cross it with the ball and think "I should really get back out there"
Old 05-15-2007, 03:18 PM   #8
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

The Jazz and the pistons - voted Utah.

Spurs are teh suck. Hope they beat the suns then bow out to either of said squads.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:22 PM   #9
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

The suns. Might be the only chance Nash could get a ring.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 03:22 PM   #10
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I'm rooting for teams who don't look sadly at the 3 point line as they cross it with the ball and think "I should really get back out there"
is that us?

could be GS too...

hmmmmm

Last edited by MavsX; 05-15-2007 at 03:23 PM.
Old 05-15-2007, 04:51 PM   #11
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

I'm rooting for the Spurs...but in reality, I'm rooting for NJ or Cle
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 06:49 PM   #12
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Originally the Bulls, but they're done in my book (predictions like this by me usually mean they'll win the series), so go Utah go.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:44 AM   #13
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

I dont really give a rats ass. Whoever wins the trophy, congratulations. They deserve it.
Peace.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:29 AM   #14
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

To tell you the truth, I'm bouncing around all over the place.

Before the second round, I figured that I might as well root for the Warriors.

But once they started playing, and I remembered what classless jackasses they were, I just couldn't do it.

In the Spurs/Suns series, I'm having even more trouble.

The Spurs are a Texas team, I like Popovich, Duncan is a world-class player, they play great basketball....BUT they do employ Bruce Bowen...and my god their fans are annoying.

The Suns...I just can't stand Mike Dan Tony OR Basketball Jesus, but then I watch Steve Nash play - and when he's not playing the Mavs...it can be hard to root against him sometimes.

Whoever loses, I won't be losing sleep over it - but I've been flip floppin in that series on a daily basis.

Overall, I guess I'm rooting for Utah to come out of the West. If the Spurs or Suns make it to the finals, I will most likely be rooting for the Eastern Conference team.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 10:52 AM   #15
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

The Underdogs... and as of today it's the Nets and the Baby Bulls!!
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 11:09 AM   #16
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Nets and Jazz baby!
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 10:59 PM   #17
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

I'm going for the Bulls. But if Pistons win that series then i'll go with the Pistons.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:42 AM   #18
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

pft, I hope whichever arena they're going to play the finals in spontaneously implodes before the first game. I don't give a flying you-know-what.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:45 AM   #19
Henry_VIII

Henry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Once the Suns and Warriors are out, I don't really care.

I'll just be rooting against the Spurs at that point....of course they spurs just probably lost their chance to win this series last night.

Anyway...I'm not rooting FOR anyone. I'm rooting against the gimmick.
Henry_VIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 11:53 AM   #20
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Henry_VIII again.
I'm not sure I can spread enough reputation around to get enough to give you how much you deserve! Heeelarious.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote