Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 09-19-2005, 12:08 PM   #1
VivaNajera
Golden Member

VivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of light
Default Mavs v. Suns Gm 6 on NBAtv right now

check it out
VivaNajera is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2005, 01:02 PM   #2
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default RE: Mavs v. Suns Gm 6 on NBAtv right now

Couple of notes after watching this game.

Amare is not that good of a player. I hate to state the obvious, but if it weren't for Nash, he'd be a Randolph or Rahim type of player.

Jason Terry needs to shoot more. And then a little more.

If i were Avery, i'd try SOME triangle offense with Dirk/Howard/Jet.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 04:13 PM   #3
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

I watched the last 9 minutes of the game and the thing that I noticed is how Finley never set foot on the floor during that entire time. Dirk, Stack, JT, Damp, and Josh played the entire time. The Mavs will be very good this year again IMO.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 11:25 AM   #4
MrCheerios

MrCheerios is on a distinguished road

^^
Both comments are true. Amare is overrated and the team will be great without Finley. Finley played terribly the entire series, except game 2, and yet the mavs put up a great fight. Imagine if you put someone more productive on the floor to take his minutes. I bet the mavs would've won it. If only doug christie were guarding steve nash...

But that's a dangerous reasoning, because Joe Johnson wasn't there at all! And Qrich was completely unreliable. Put Marion in Qrich's place, slide Amare over to the PF spot, and have Thomas play center. A four-man fast break would be almost as effective as a five-man break. They did fine without johnson, yet now that he's gone we're all predicting the suns to be 5th or worse. What makes us better than them in a seven game series right now?
MrCheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 05:48 PM   #5
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Nash13
Amare is not that good of a player. I hate to state the obvious, but if it weren't for Nash, he'd be a Randolph or Rahim type of player.
Amare is very very overrated, but let's not get carried away here.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 09:50 PM   #6
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: Thespiralgoeson
Quote:
Amare is very very overrated, but let's not get carried away here.

I'm not. The only reason he played so well last season is because he heavily relied on his quickness and ball-handling to get by much slower players. I'm mean, he has no skills. I predict that with him starting at the 4, he'd be a 20/8 player.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 10:33 PM   #7
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I predict that with him starting at the 4, he'd be a 20/8 player.
I sooooo hope you're right about that.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:47 PM   #8
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that Amare is overrated and will see hisproduction drop next year, but lets not forget that along with his quickness, he also has some impressive strength. He often uses that strength.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 11:09 PM   #9
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

I think we'll probably see his scoring go down, but his rebounding go up next year.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:59 PM   #10
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

he literally jumps over defenders to score most of his points, someone needs to put a damn body on him thats all..

athleticsm, strength, and quickness are all great but sooner than later defenses will figure you out and you will need skill, footwork, and positioning to succeed

thats what makes basketball a great sport, you dont have to be the most athletic, strongest, or biggest guy on the court to be the best player

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 12:55 AM   #11
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
athleticsm, strength, and quickness are all great but sooner than later defenses will figure you out and you will need skill, footwork, and positioning to succeed
Lets not make him out to be Ben Wallace here because he does have skill. He's a good ball handler for a PF and he's developed a nice jump from 16-17 feet to go with his jump hook around the rim.

He'll dominate PF's the same way he dominated centers. It's not like we slowed him down when Damp was out and we had to play him with KVH (regular season) or Dirk. SA couldn't slow him down with Duncan or Horry and it won't happen in the regular season just because he's guarded by a smaller defender night in and night out. he's a freak and he'll be as good as he wants to be.