Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 07-21-2006, 10:24 PM   #1
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Wish fulfilled.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 10:36 PM   #2
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Wish fulfilled.
Every once in awhile you got throw a mojo-creating thought out into the air. : )
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 01:41 AM   #3
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I almost cut DeRosa from my fantasy team tonight. In the end I didn't have the heart to do it.

Is everything okay with GMJ? He seems to be slumping a bit.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 02:21 AM   #4
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I almost cut DeRosa from my fantasy team tonight. In the end I didn't have the heart to do it.

Is everything okay with GMJ? He seems to be slumping a bit.
In fantasy sports you gotta use your head, and not your heart my friend

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 01:21 AM   #5
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
In fantasy sports you gotta use your head, and not your heart my friend
Well, sometimes when you use your heart instead of your head, your boy comes through in a big way Good call chummy.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 07-22-2006, 12:56 PM   #6
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Might want to stop down and watch tomorrow's game. There could be fireworks!

Quote:
Ozzie: Payback on tap if plunking persists

By Mark Gonzales
Tribune staff reporter

July 20, 2006, 11:06 PM CDT

DETROIT -- White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen issued a promise to Vicente Padilla in the event the Texas pitcher intentionally hits one of his hitters Sunday, as he twice plunked A.J. Pierzynski five weeks ago.

"Believe me, if Padilla does something about it, we're going to do something about it," Guillen said before Thursday's game at Detroit. "You can count on that. I don't care if we're suspended for 100 years.

"But besides that, we're going to go out and play a pretty good ballclub, a real, real dangerous hitting ballclub, and we need to win. We have to concentrate and win games.

"But I guarantee you, if that happens, I don't know what's going to happen, but something's going to happen. Make sure they know it too. You hit people when they do something wrong, I agree with that. But you hit people because you don't like them, I don't think that's a good [way] to play the game."

Padilla was tagged for seven runs in 31/3 innings against the Sox on June 3 but beat them 11 days later—albeit with some controversy.

Padilla hit Pierzynski in his first two at-bats on June 14 but received no warning from plate umpire Phil Cuzzi. The incident was put under the microscope when rookie reliever Sean Tracey missed nailing Hank Blalock in an apparent retaliation attempt, and Guillen exploded in the dugout over his pitchers' inability to protect their fellow batters.

The umpiring crew assigned to this weekend's series already was given a "heads up" to inform them of the history between the two teams. No incidents occurred in their last game June 15.

"I don't think [the umpires] are going to warn, but they're going to say—that's every series against me—they say, 'We will be watching you, we see what you're doing, be careful,'" Guillen said. "But I'm not here for Major League Baseball. I'm here for my players, and I'm going to do everything I can and in my power to make sure my players perform in the right way and I protect them."
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....home-headlines
Old 07-22-2006, 03:47 PM   #7
jly
Dirk for MVP

jly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the rough

i think that's just a lot of talk by ozzie. his team is in a heated race and he's not going to blow the season for what he thinks is a purposely hit batter. if he was managing the royals or something, then i'd consider his threat.

is it something we did or are they just jealous?
jly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 09:06 PM   #8
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Having completed his medical rehab assignment, right-hander Adam Eaton will join the Rangers today in Chicago. Eaton is expected to be activated Tuesday, when he would start against the New York Yankees. -- Dallas Morning News
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 09:16 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

Wow. That was a nail biter eh?

Nice win Rangers. We need these types of games.

3-1 over the white sux
Old 07-22-2006, 10:33 PM   #10
chumdawg
Guru

I love nothing more than kicking the ever-lovin' crap out of Ozzie Guillen and the White Sox.

Actually, I like several of those Sox players a great deal. It's a shame their manager is such an ass.
Old 07-22-2006, 11:27 PM   #11
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I love nothing more than kicking the ever-lovin' crap out of Ozzie Guillen and the White Sox.

Actually, I like several of those Sox players a great deal. It's a shame their manager is such an ass.
I thought you loved those old school players... Damn you come off hypocritical sometimes.
Old 07-22-2006, 10:39 PM   #12
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

Young is so clutch. great hit, and a hell of a job of Koronka rebounding from a tough 1st 2 innings
Old 07-23-2006, 11:25 AM   #13
TomThaMavsFan

TomThaMavsFan will become famous soon enoughTomThaMavsFan will become famous soon enough

ozzie is hardcore, i'd love to have him managing my team, He's one of those guys that you love if he's on your team and hate if he's not. Greatness would be Padilla plunking Pierzynski then plunking Ozzie when he comes out of the dugout to fight.
TomThaMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 08:46 AM   #14
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

6-5 on a tough roadie, nothing wrong with that. I wish the bats would come around though. BTW, on a side note, this week and the arod fiasco is an example of why the yankee fans are closer to the worst fans in baseball than the best. I think he will turn it around but they are idiots for booing him.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 06:54 PM   #15
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Tex with a bomb in his first AB, he's starting to heat up.....

Old 07-24-2006, 07:21 PM   #16
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so tired of Jerry Hairston Jr. starting.

I'm all for stitting Blalock against a lot of lefties at this point, but I'd much rather have Botts DHing than Hairston in LF.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 07-25-2006, 12:41 AM   #17
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

eaton finally takes the mound tomorrow, I pray to god he becomes a quality 3rd
Old 07-25-2006, 07:57 AM   #18
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Well since hairston had 2 errors last night(i dont care how they scored it they were both errors) and dove for a ball he had no prayer at, i would say that qualifies as a horrible defensive outing for a guy who when he starts is basically only good defensively. He is a good pinch runner late in games. That is what he should be used as. He isnt an every day or every other day player.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:14 AM   #19
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
Well since hairston had 2 errors last night(i dont care how they scored it they were both errors) and dove for a ball he had no prayer at, i would say that qualifies as a horrible defensive outing for a guy who when he starts is basically only good defensively. He is a good pinch runner late in games. That is what he should be used as. He isnt an every day or every other day player.
I just don't understand having Guzman and Hairston on the same active roster. I realize Hairston can play the infield, but so can DeRosa.

Send down Guzman and bring up Botts, and make Hairston your 25th man that pinch runs. I'm sick and tired of seeing him in left field.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-25-2006, 10:04 AM   #20
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

How are you going to bring up Hairston's trade value by next week, if you don't play him?
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 10:09 AM   #21
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
How are you going to bring up Hairston's trade value by next week, if you don't play him?
LOL. Trade value. That's a good one.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-25-2006, 10:34 AM   #22
Just211
Platinum Member

hairston is usually very strong defensively, but he was terrible yesterday. I wonder how much the early start (sun) had to do with it. But I would have rather seen Wilk out there and let hank try and hit the unit.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:17 PM   #23
Five-ofan
Guru

In general, he isnt a bad outfielder but as was previously mentioned, both him and guzman should never be on the same roster especially if you are gonna carry 13 pitchers. THat means that aside from the catcher, guzman and hairston are the rangers only backups. Buck is an idiot though and he loves his buck guys, its as bad as parcells with his guys.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:31 PM   #24
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Anyone watch Adam Eaton's start today? He looked great through 3 innings, then couldn't out of the jam. Looked like he got tired since he barely pitched any rehab innings. Reason to be optimistic though...
Old 07-25-2006, 10:09 PM   #25
Drbio
Banned

I hate the yankees.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:31 PM   #26
mmmfast

mmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
I hate the yankees.
Don't we all? I hate hearing yankee cheers in our stadium!
Old 07-27-2006, 09:44 AM   #27
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Can you believe our great 8th and 9th pitchers last night... Our TWO-headed closer...

Geez!

51-51!
Old 07-27-2006, 09:45 AM   #28
Drbio
Banned

Last night sucked the baseball life out of me.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:43 AM   #29
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Last night sucked the baseball life out of me.
Exactly
Old 07-27-2006, 09:45 AM   #30
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Very disappointing. CoCo had been flat out dominant for quite a while before that too.

I think I'm ready to trade Padilla and GMJ....

We do have the Royals coming in. I'm willing to wait until after that series and see wher we stand.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 07-27-2006 at 09:50 AM.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:15 AM   #31
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Giambi's homerun last night will be the official catastrophic moment of the season.

Its all downhill from here.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 04:46 PM   #32
Five-ofan
Guru

Well, that sucked. I think you gotta look around and see what padilla would bring now. He would easily be better than the crap that is being thrown about in rumors right now.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:00 AM   #33
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Halleleujah.....The Rangers didn't lose to the Yankees last night...............yeah !!!!!

*** Oh, they had the night off.....
Old 07-28-2006, 09:08 AM   #34
Drbio
Banned

Padilla, Mench, GMJ and anyone else not named Mike Young or Texeira should be shopped.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:52 AM   #35
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
Padilla, Mench, GMJ and anyone else not named Mike Young or Texeira should be shopped.
Let me add a few names that I think they should not be shopping.

Kinsler, Laird, Millwood, Otsuka, of course Tex, Young, and Blaylock.

Outside of these 7, No one would necessarily be safe, if the price were right.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:24 AM   #36
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
Let me add a few names that I think they should not be shopping.

Kinsler, Laird, Millwood, Otsuka, of course Tex, Young, and Blaylock.

Outside of these 7, No one would necessarily be safe, if the price were right.
I would have zero problem shopping Blalock. Problem is, he wouldn't fetch you much at this point.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-28-2006, 10:21 AM   #37
Drbio
Banned

OT: Did you catch Fernando Tatis playing for Baltimore last night? It was his first MLB game since 03. He had a good game.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:24 AM   #38
Chicago JK

Chicago JK will become famous soon enough

Brewers trade Lee to Rangers, get CorderoBy Keith Law
ESPN Insider

Carlos Lee
Left Field
Milwaukee Brewers

2006 SEASON STATISTICS
GM HR RBI R OBP AVG
102 28 81 60 .347 .286

The Milwaukee Brewers are trading slugger Carlos Lee to the Texas Rangers as part of a multi-player deal, ESPN.com learned Friday.

The Brewers are sending Lee, minor-league outfield prospect Nelson Cruz and a player to be named later to the Rangers for relief pitcher Francisco Cordero and outfielders Kevin Mench and Laynce Nix.

Both teams are checking for any medical issues before consummating the deal.

The Rangers are currently two games behind the Athletics in the American League West.
Chicago JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 10:29 AM   #39
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago JK
Brewers trade Lee to Rangers, get CorderoBy Keith Law
ESPN Insider

Carlos Lee
Left Field
Milwaukee Brewers

2006 SEASON STATISTICS
GM HR RBI R OBP AVG
102 28 81 60 .347 .286

The Milwaukee Brewers are trading slugger Carlos Lee to the Texas Rangers as part of a multi-player deal, ESPN.com learned Friday.

The Brewers are sending Lee, minor-league outfield prospect Nelson Cruz and a player to be named later to the Rangers for relief pitcher Francisco Cordero and outfielders Kevin Mench and Laynce Nix.

Both teams are checking for any medical issues before consummating the deal.

The Rangers are currently two games behind the Athletics in the American League West.
Wow, just...wow.

I like this dea, with the caveat that Lee had better not leave in free agency this offseason. He already turned down 4/48. That's a high price for his track record, although he's outpacing this year.

This will certainly help the rest of this season though, assuming you can find someone to fill the setup role (Kam Loe?).

Nix is nothing but minor league fodder at this point. Could get back onto the prospect level, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Nelson Cruz is supposed to be a pretty decent outfield prospect as well.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-28-2006, 11:33 AM   #40
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

so...any early predictions on the daily 1-9?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote