Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-22-2006, 08:12 PM   #401
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

This will be a tough halftime for both coaches. Mavs need to come out and play like they are behind.

Pop's got t wonder what is happening next.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:12 PM   #402
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedays
Ha! Manu you're a little schoolboy b*tch.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:14 PM   #403
Stylistic
Golden Member

Stylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of light

I hope we see a little more Darryl Armstrong in the 2nd half.
Stylistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:15 PM   #404
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

We have a whole half left! Chill.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:15 PM   #405
ilMavvento

ilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the rough

I love Jason Terry.

On Parker's layup with about a minute left in the half he took 5 steps. Seriously.
ilMavvento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:15 PM   #406
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Don't let up. Keep attacking! I didn't like AJ sitting Dirk a long time. He cooled off. He should heat up in the half time shoot around.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:16 PM   #407
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

We have to start strong in the second half. Don't let the lead drop below 10. Silence the crowd early. No comeback party. Don't give the ball to Stackhouse unless he's is in a position to attack the basket. We still can't stop them, so make sure that they can't stop us either. Keep the pace up. Don't let them get comfortable.

I like the balanced attack of Howard, Terry, and Dirk. If all of them maintain their shooting, we'll be fine.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:17 PM   #408
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
How in the hell can you do that? I'd go crazy knowing the game was on.

KICK ARSE TONIGHT MAVERICKS!!!!!!!!!!! I WILL BE WATCHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't. 24 is being taped instead. =)
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:18 PM   #409
Drbio
Banned

Welcome back to the living Blab.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:18 PM   #410
Drbio
Banned

Here's hoping that big_pth can get those kidos asleep so he can jump back in here too.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:19 PM   #411
SlimBig
Golden Member

SlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blab's Nemesis
We have a whole half left! Chill.
Absolutely. They need to keep it as busines as usual.

They ned to keep attacking the hole and MAKE the refs blow the whistle.
Guard Finley and allow NO 3pters. Let Duncan win this by himself.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:20 PM   #412
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

What a great first half.

One thing I'm noticing is that the Spurs are getting some timely three point shots that are allowing them to hang in it. It's giving me flashbacks to 2003. I just hope that NVE doesn't come off the bench to drop four 3s late in the game.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:22 PM   #413
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, what a great first half, who could ask for more? This team is hitting on all cylinders, we must not give up any ground whatsoever in the 3rd quarter. If we do that we should be fine.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:23 PM   #414
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

They're showing highlights from the last game on the Chinese CCTV5 broadcast. It just reminds me how many...HOW MANY...absolutely gutcheck and balls-up plays Dirk has made this series.

All on a badly-sprained ankle no less.

Dirk's the f*ckin man.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:23 PM   #415
DirtyNashty

DirtyNashty will become famous soon enoughDirtyNashty will become famous soon enough

We need 24 more minutes of the same, shove it down their throats, scramble the D, dont let them get set. Force their offense into CHAOS!!! Thats our game, LOL
DirtyNashty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:23 PM   #416
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

The good thing is that we have blown them out before, on their home court, no less. We know how to do it. They know we can do it. Just pedal to the metal, or foot to the throat, so to speak...

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:23 PM   #417
Drbio
Banned

We will see what kind of coach Avery is in the second half. He was absolutely masterful in the first half though.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:24 PM   #418
DirtyNashty

DirtyNashty will become famous soon enoughDirtyNashty will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedays
They're showing highlights from the last game on the Chinese CCTV5 broadcast. It just reminds me how many...HOW MANY...absolutely gutcheck and balls-up plays Dirk has made this series.

All on a badly-sprained ankle no less.

Dirk's the f*ckin man.
Amen, wonder what happened to the "softest player in the NBA"?
DirtyNashty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:24 PM   #419
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

Attack in the second, just like the Mavs started. No fear.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:25 PM   #420
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

At this point in game 4 against Memphis, the Mavs came and and just put them away.

Of course SA is not Memphis, But if we have to stay aggressive.

What I noticed in earlier games, in the 4th, SA stopped going to the offensive boards and just sprinted back on D. So I expect they will shut the transition game down. Mavs must respond by getting into the offense so quick, they can't set up.

The use of Armstrong and KVH has bought minutes and rest for everyone else. Gotta come out smokin'. And be ready to grind it out, if it comes to that.

Part of what has helped SA in close games was that our centers had so many fouls, they had to let Duncan run wild. We go into the 2nd half with 8 fouls remaining on our 2 centers. Plus KVH's 3. Howard has only 2. That's huge as well.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:27 PM   #421
Drbio
Banned

Father Guido Sarducci once again reminds us that God is indeed a Mavs fan.

Father Guido has not been wrong yet.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:28 PM   #422
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousSummer
Attack in the second, just like the Mavs started. No fear.
I guarantee there's no fear. The Mavericks await the start of the second half with salivating anticipation. Like a pack of ravenous wolves, they will tear the Spurs asunder - limb from limb - and feast upon the flesh of their fallen foes.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:28 PM   #423
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Rest assured that the Spurs will make a serious run. Whether or not the Mavs are in the WCF's depends on how the Mavs respond.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:28 PM   #424
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

The key to victory is for Howard to score the first 7 points of the half. Then we allow the Spurs to only score 20 points in the rest of the game, and we squeak out a 1 point win, because Josh had 20!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-22-2006, 08:28 PM   #425
Drbio
Banned

One of the things I am enjoying most is that Kerr has to suck it even though he wants sp desperately to be a homer tonight.

Suck it bitch.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:29 PM   #426
VinceYoung10

VinceYoung10 will become famous soon enough

Damp has played a great game tonight, I hope he keeps it up in the 2nd half
VinceYoung10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:29 PM   #427
candid_snoop41
Golden Member

candid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the rough

the spurs are the defending champs,they will have their run (s) ,but you have to counter-punch them...

another 24min to play...go mavs
Old 05-22-2006, 08:29 PM   #428
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
Rest assured that the Spurs will make a serious run. Whether or not the Mavs are in the WCF's depends on how the Mavs respond.
There is NO DOUBT about that.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:29 PM   #429
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Seriously though, we can't allow 53% fg shooting. That's horrendous. I don't want to rely on our hot shooting to win it, we need to get some more stops.

Old 05-22-2006, 08:30 PM   #430
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Off to work. The game will be over before I make it home.

The Mavs will crush the Spurs throats in the 2nd half.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:30 PM   #431
Drbio
Banned

Get stops Mavs.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:30 PM   #432
VinceYoung10

parker is so damn hard to defend
Old 05-22-2006, 08:30 PM   #433
VinceYoung10

finley is such a puss
Old 05-22-2006, 08:30 PM   #434
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Harris, you have to play smart. That is unacceptable.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:31 PM   #435
Drbio
Banned

Hell yes Dirk!

DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE!!!!!!!!
Old 05-22-2006, 08:31 PM   #436
Murphy3
Guru

Should have been a foul on Duncan....
Old 05-22-2006, 08:31 PM   #437
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

bs call on harris!
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Kidd to Dirk is the present day Stockton to Malone.

roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:31 PM   #438
4cwebb
Golden Member

4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light

that's b.s. - an offensive foul on Harris setting that screen on Finley - Finley has learned well from Manu.

at least TD missed his first shot. Dirk with the running layup

hey, carry on Parker...about frickin' time.
4cwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:31 PM   #439
VinceYoung10

terry is $$$$$$$
Old 05-22-2006, 08:32 PM   #440
Drbio
Banned

JET is just making Finley his complete and total bitch.

Tags
classic threads