Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-08-2008, 02:33 PM   #1
erdubya

erdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really nice
Default I saw the 93 Mavs last night.

Remember back in the day when every opponent would get easy shots down the stretch... dive cuts, back doors, uncontested jumpers, hi-post passes to the interior?

And the mavs had to work hard as hell to get a shot off?

Well that's how the mavs of the early 90s played, and that's what I've been seeing (except for San Antonio) in these 4th quarters this season.

I know u gotta run at every opportunity... I'm cool with that. But until we can get the types of shots I mentioned above when it counts, this team is going nowhere. I mean the love affair with the fourth quarter jumpers has something to do with it, but that's the reason why. Not creating easy shots.

Is there someone out there who could give us that low post punch we need? I'd love to see someone in the mold of a brad miller help create easy shots down low.

Last edited by erdubya; 11-08-2008 at 02:40 PM.
erdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 02:59 PM   #2
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Hell No to Brad Miller, he's a jump shooter and a sh*tty defender. Nope
Old 11-08-2008, 08:10 PM   #3
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsufferingmavsfan View Post
Hell No to Brad Miller, he's a jump shooter and a sh*tty defender. Nope

He's made for this team then.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:06 PM   #4
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Brad Miller is definitely not the key to any team making it to the "next level"
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 03:14 PM   #5
erdubya

erdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really nice

ok ok... i get that. Brad Miller has no D. Got it.

I'm just saying a big man who can score and pass a little down low. We gotta get some kinda post offense going. Kidd as our best post player aint gonna cut it.

Can you name a championship team that had no post presence?

Last edited by erdubya; 11-08-2008 at 03:16 PM.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:58 PM   #6
muzak

muzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdubya View Post

I'm just saying a big man who can score and pass a little down low. We gotta get some kinda post offense going. Kidd as our best post player aint gonna cut it.

McDyess.
muzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 10:52 PM   #7
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzak View Post
McDyess.
I'd love for that to happen but rumor has it he will go back to the Pistons after being waived...
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 12:51 AM   #8
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdubya View Post

You say you want someone who can "score and pass a little down low," and mention a "post presence. I agree that we need a center who can produce, but good god, Brad Miller is the farthest thing from a "post presence" as you can get at center. The guy has no post game whatsoever. His offensive game consists of 10-15 foot jumpers and not much else. I'll give you that he's a good passer, but that's about it. I like the guy, but he's always been one of the more overrated players in the league.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 03:23 PM   #9
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

If we actually play basketball in the fourth quarter we'll be fine. Josh Howard's disappearing act, everyone getting tired, poor choices in rotations, and mental barriers are whats killing us.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 12:54 AM   #10
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Brad Miller looks exactly like my college friend Tom, who is 6'5", is from near Sacramento, and has a Brad Miller jersey.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 11-09-2008 at 12:55 AM.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 10:54 AM   #11
erdubya

The most rediculous thing I've seen in basketball, is a big 270lb 7 footer under the goal with the ball with NO DEFENDER AROUND, and starts pump faking like he's a 6ft guard in a land of giants!

Enter: Erick Dampier.

He was so scared of Tyrus Thomas that he was pumpfaking when TT wasn't even close!

Yeah I know he's been putting up good numbers lately but it's definitely fools good. And Diop... right under the goal and blows a layup... what a bust!

We need some MEN at the 5.

Among other things... but lets start with that.

Old 11-14-2008, 11:17 AM   #12
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Of all the things you can bitch about, you choose our one bright spot in last night's game, Erick Dampier????

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 01:33 PM   #13
erdubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Of all the things you can bitch about, you choose our one bright spot in last night's game, Erick Dampier????
sometimes underdog, with so much wrong with this team, u just don't know where to start.

Old 11-14-2008, 01:33 PM   #14
erdubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
sometimes underdog, with so much wrong with this team, u just don't know where to start.

Tags
thread diarrhea