Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-27-2015, 03:19 PM   #41
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Aminu is earning himself a contract. Have to hope MLE-ish(4-5m) is enough to keep him now.
I wonder if we dangle Parsons, very quietly, this summer. Not saying there be tons of interest or we could expect a huge return. Chandler Parsons for Jrue Holiday. Who says no?
I say no. That would be asinine. Parsons as well as Aminu have both great upside. But Parsons can score and create his own shot. Right now, Aminu has energy, effort, rebounding and great defense. But his offense is severely lacking. I do think he will develop in the next couple years, but you dont jump ship on Parsons just yet.
Old 04-27-2015, 03:43 PM   #42
bilease

bilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Aminu is earning himself a contract. Have to hope MLE-ish(4-5m) is enough to keep him now.
I wonder if we dangle Parsons, very quietly, this summer. Not saying there be tons of interest or we could expect a huge return. Chandler Parsons for Jrue Holiday. Who says no?
I'd say no as well. I admit I dont know that much about Holiday, havent really seen him play that much, but he's another ball dominant PG (http://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments...s_this_season/), and we just saw that this doesnt work next to Ellis (all that assuming he's going to be here next year). Sure he's by far a better shooter than Rondo, but not better than Parsons.

Instead of putting another ball dominant PG next to Ellis I'd rather see Parsons get the ball more often and create something, he certainly has the ability to do so. With this lineup Im not even sure we really need a ballhandling starting PG, Ellis, Parsons should get more touches than last season. Barea/Harris off the bench and a starter next to Ellis that can defend and hit open shots (not 40% from 3 but better than Rondo). Calderon wouldve been perfect if his defense wasnt so awful.
bilease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 04:06 PM   #43
bilease

bilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to behold

Rocket fans are so ridiculous... Made the mistake of looking at Clutchfans today, theyre crying about Tyson "punching" Howard and were apparently demanding a suspension all over Twitter, reddit etc

Here's the "punch" (they chose to ignore the fact that Howard created all that and you can clearly see him hitting Tysons arm in the first frame)https://twitter.com/clutchfans/statu...27097325522944

Most recent comments and blogs say that the NBA decided not to take any further action btw

Update: They also want Dirk to get suspended, because of (and I quote): "Spitting, swearing and intimidation of officials". So we win the first game and they already shit their pants and want Tyson+Dirk suspended... Awesome fans.

Last edited by bilease; 04-27-2015 at 04:10 PM.
bilease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 04:11 PM   #44
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Rockets fans are the worst in all of basketball. I'd say all of sports, but I went to Philly last year. They have a history of being the absolute WORST.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 04:18 PM   #45
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

I think "asinine" is a bit extreme Melonhead
I was just throwing it out there for fun. Not sure I'd do it either.

Keep in mind you save 4million which can be spent on other guys. Maybe that allows you to get Danny green or Khris Middleton? A two-for-1, if you will.

Its probably easier to pay some team to make Felton and/or Devin Harris go away to open up space anyway.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 04:20 PM   #46
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Rockets fans are the worst in all of basketball. I'd say all of sports, but I went to Philly last year. They have a history of being the absolute WORST.
At least Philly fans understand the game.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 04:58 PM   #47
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilease View Post
Rocket fans are so ridiculous... Made the mistake of looking at Clutchfans today, theyre crying about Tyson "punching" Howard and were apparently demanding a suspension all over Twitter, reddit etc

Here's the "punch" (they chose to ignore the fact that Howard created all that and you can clearly see him hitting Tysons arm in the first frame)https://twitter.com/clutchfans/statu...27097325522944

Most recent comments and blogs say that the NBA decided not to take any further action btw

Update: They also want Dirk to get suspended, because of (and I quote): "Spitting, swearing and intimidation of officials". So we win the first game and they already shit their pants and want Tyson+Dirk suspended... Awesome fans.
If Tyson is punching and Dirk is spitting, swearing, and intimidating, then I like where this team is at.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 06:36 PM   #48
Stack24
Banned

Stack24 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I don't think there should be a suspension and I'm a Rockets fan. They both have been going at it for a long time in this series and that's what the playoffs is. It's got to be physical, I don't have a problem with it. But having said that, you can't complain like Carlisle did if we are a stronger team or someone is stronger than someone else.

The only thing that you can compare this to is when Ariza got suspended and thrown out for a swinging elbow much like this against DeRozen. That one was a bit more blatant and it wasn't instigated. This one on Chandler was provoked by both of them and they had a part in it.

The part about Dirk has more to do with the players as a whole. They are letting a lot of stuff go in this series and people yelling or staring down refs without a tech is odd to me no matter which side it's on.

I fully expected a Dallas win in game 4. They are fighting for their lives at the end of the day. I do expect us to win game 5, if not it's going to get hairy.

Like I mentioned in game 2 you guys are a better team without Rondo there.
Stack24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 06:42 PM   #49
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I bet they didn't mention how Smith should have been ejected for his 2nd tech but the refs didn't want to impact the game like that especially since Smith was shooting lights out suddenly.... so only Dallas got a tech.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 06:46 PM   #50
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stack24 View Post
I don't think there should be a suspension and I'm a Rockets fan. They both have been going at it for a long time in this series and that's what the playoffs is. It's got to be physical, I don't have a problem with it. But having said that, you can't complain like Carlisle did if we are a stronger team or someone is stronger than someone else.

The only thing that you can compare this to is when Ariza got suspended and thrown out for a swinging elbow much like this against DeRozen. That one was a bit more blatant and it wasn't instigated. This one on Chandler was provoked by both of them and they had a part in it.

The part about Dirk has more to do with the players as a whole. They are letting a lot of stuff go in this series and people yelling or staring down refs without a tech is odd to me no matter which side it's on.

I fully expected a Dallas win in game 4. They are fighting for their lives at the end of the day. I do expect us to win game 5, if not it's going to get hairy.

Like I mentioned in game 2 you guys are a better team without Rondo there.
Almost everything they are "letting go" would be called against the rockets. The refs aren't why we are losing this series but this series has a perfect example of why people hate the rockets. Get away with murder on one end, bail harden out with bs calls on the other.

Until this game the mavs really hadn't hacked a _____ that much and the rockets were still avging 36fts a game.

He'll the Devin flagrant was the same thing Dwight Howard has done 15 times this series without getting called for a foul at all(to be fair Dwight's flagrant in game 3 shouldn't have been a flagrant either)
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 06:48 PM   #51
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

HISTORY WILL BE MADE
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 06:52 PM   #52
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Houston is full of it. Howard has been playing dirty all 4 of these games. What our center can't stick up for himself by pushing that asshole away from him? Please...
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 06:54 PM   #53
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
No. I prefer they manage in keeping Aminu and Parsons together here. I see real potential of Parsons moving to PF starting in a couple years. While you have Aminu start at SF. That could be potential of the team's core looking ahead.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 06:59 PM   #54
Stack24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
Almost everything they are "letting go" would be called against the rockets. The refs aren't why we are losing this series but this series has a perfect example of why people hate the rockets. Get away with murder on one end, bail harden out with bs calls on the other.

Until this game the mavs really hadn't hacked a _____ that much and the rockets were still avging 36fts a game.

He'll the Devin flagrant was the same thing Dwight Howard has done 15 times this series without getting called for a foul at all(to be fair Dwight's flagrant in game 3 shouldn't have been a flagrant either)

I believe if you did look at the stats and took out the intentional fouls from the first 3 games the FT's were pretty even actually. I remember looking them up the other day.

I think it's only natural to think that the opposing team gets away with things.

Embellishing fouls is part of the game and both sides do it. Dirk, Harris, Barrea, Chandler, all of them do it just as much as any Rocket. Naturally there is hate on both sides for each other so they will complain.

Howard got fouled Hard by Chandler and he pushed him off but that wasn't a flagrant and the fould called on Howard against Nowitzki ended up being a flagrant. I think if one is going to be called a flagrant so should the other.

In my opinion the refs have been horrible on both ends of the ball equally.

Rockets fans want blood and thank they are getting the short end and Mavs fans will do the same.
Old 04-27-2015, 07:04 PM   #55
jamaljasonandjimmy

jamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I believe if you did look at the stats and took out the intentional fouls from the first 3 games the FT's were pretty even actually. I remember looking them up the other day.

I think it's only natural to think that the opposing team gets away with things.

Embellishing fouls is part of the game and both sides do it. Dirk, Harris, Barrea, Chandler, all of them do it just as much as any Rocket. Naturally there is hate on both sides for each other so they will complain.

Howard got fouled Hard by Chandler and he pushed him off but that wasn't a flagrant and the fould called on Howard against Nowitzki ended up being a flagrant. I think if one is going to be called a flagrant so should the other.

Rockets fans want blood and thank they are getting the short end and Mavs fans will do the same.
I got news for you Rockets suck!!!!

pass the rock to the german moses
jamaljasonandjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 07:05 PM   #56
Stack24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaljasonandjimmy View Post
I got news for you Rockets suck!!!!
Thank you for the contribution.
Old 04-27-2015, 07:09 PM   #57
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

If you are talking about the play I think you are talking about with Howard/chandler you are making my point for me. Howard committed as blatant an offensive foul as Iv ever seen. No call. Chandler fouls him back and in the process of the foul shoves him. Howard shoves him back.

Correct officiating and it's an offensive foul on Howard and the second foul never happens. Incorrect officiating on missing the offensive and it's at least a defensive foul and double ts. What's actually called? Defensive foul and tech on chandler. Both Howard's foul and his tech are ignored
Old 04-27-2015, 07:09 PM   #58
jamaljasonandjimmy

jamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Thank you for the contribution.
anytime. brewer and terry are your best players, you guys are in trouble. If they get past the Mavs. Thats a big if.

Last edited by jamaljasonandjimmy; 04-27-2015 at 07:10 PM.
Old 04-27-2015, 07:11 PM   #59
Stack24
Banned

Quote:
If you are talking about the play I think you are talking about with Howard/chandler you are making my point for me. Howard committed as blatant an offensive foul as Iv ever seen. No call. Chandler fouls him back and in the process of the foul shoves him. Howard shoves him back.

Correct officiating and it's an offensive foul on Howard and the second foul never happens. Incorrect officiating on missing the offensive and it's at least a defensive foul and double ts. What's actually called? Defensive foul and tech on chandler. Both Howard's foul and his tech are ignored
The foul I am talking about was in Game 2 or something. Are you talking about the one in game 4 when they got double techs?
Old 04-27-2015, 07:51 PM   #60
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
The foul I am talking about was in Game 2 or something. Are you talking about the one in game 4 when they got double techs?
no I'm talking about the one in game 2 where Tyson got a foul and a tech
Old 04-27-2015, 08:01 PM   #61
jamaljasonandjimmy

Quote:
no I'm talking about the one in game 2 where Tyson got a foul and a tech
he obviously wasnt watching the game and just relying on sportscenter. I think he was watching the spongebob marathon

Old 04-27-2015, 08:04 PM   #62
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think "asinine" is a bit extreme Melonhead
I was just throwing it out there for fun. Not sure I'd do it either.

Keep in mind you save 4million which can be spent on other guys. Maybe that allows you to get Danny green or Khris Middleton? A two-for-1, if you will.

Its probably easier to pay some team to make Felton and/or Devin Harris go away to open up space anyway.
Okay a bit extreme. Im just not ready to give up on Parsons yet. See if he can do what Cuban brought him in for.
Old 04-27-2015, 08:13 PM   #63
Stack24
Banned

Quote:
he obviously wasnt watching the game and just relying on sportscenter. I think he was watching the spongebob marathon
Lol, the only show I don't watch because their bias on all fronts is getting horrible.
Old 04-27-2015, 08:28 PM   #64
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think he was watching the spongebob marathon
Quote:
Lol, the only show I don't watch because their bias on all fronts is getting horrible.
This thread...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 10:34 PM   #65
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I told you guys last week that Rocket fans are the stupidest in basketball. They think every foul call should go their way and every one sided trade should happen
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:58 AM   #66
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

They are just delusional...everyone with half a brain and some nba knowledge knows that a Harden/Howard team wont sniff at the nba finals.

Howard is still a inmature joke of a "superstar" and Hardens game is flawed. They probably beat us, fine, but they are going to get trashed in the 2nd round by Spurs or Clippers. Im not even talking about them beating the Warriors...

Last edited by sefant77; 04-28-2015 at 07:59 AM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote