Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-23-2015, 04:20 PM   #41
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy View Post
That one person was Erica Lubarsky, your thought policeman-in-chief. If you can't take valid criticism, then I think you need to get over yourself. The Mavs are a great franchise, but its owner is not infallible. And its fans are often wrong, just like any other franchise.
You aren't banned. You haven't been edited. You haven't been told that you can or cannot say something. What exactly do you call "thought police?"

If you aren't an obvious troll, you are guaranteed a place to speak your mind. You are NOT guaranteed to be liked, applauded, revered, or otherwise. If your opinions are crap, people will tell you. Please don't act like a primadonna, because you brought attitude to an opposing forum and got called out for it. That's called being an entitled, spoiled brat. Not a martyr.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2015, 04:25 PM   #42
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I come on here to air valid concerns, and I immediately get bad reputation points. I'm not a troll, so how is that fair? I've given credit where it has been due (i.e. "Dirk has killed the Rockets over the years"). This site has to be completely one-sided - there can't be any complaints about anything related to the Mavs. That's dishonest and doesn't lead to any valuable discussion.
So you fail to mention that in our Dirk is Great thread you said he was "not a starting quality player". And you are surprised you have been neg repped?

By the way....
First 2 playoff games:
Dirk- 46%fg 17ppg 10.5rebs 3.5ft's
Homeless- 32%fg 24ppg 8.5ast 15ft's (14 of his 24ppg are from ft's)

Dirk isn't prime Dirk anymore but Houston still doubles him every time he has the ball and he is the focus of the Defense. Meanwhile your player who is the focus of our Defense can't hit playoff shots for 3 years now.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 04:25 PM   #43
sammy
Banned

sammy has a spectacular aura aboutsammy has a spectacular aura aboutsammy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
You aren't banned. You haven't been edited. You haven't been told that you can or cannot say something. What exactly do you call "thought police?"

If you aren't an obvious troll, you are guaranteed a place to speak your mind. You are NOT guaranteed to be liked, applauded, revered, or otherwise. If your opinions are crap, people will tell you. Please don't act like a primadonna, because you brought attitude to an opposing forum and got called out for it. That's called being an entitled, spoiled brat. Not a martyr.
I don't expect people to like me here, but I do expect the mods to promote open discussion, not censorship. That's basic respect. I'm honestly very surprised that I haven't been banned as there seems to be a policy of fear and intimidation around here.
sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 04:28 PM   #44
sammy
Banned

sammy has a spectacular aura aboutsammy has a spectacular aura aboutsammy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
So you fail to mention that in our Dirk is Great thread you said he was "not a starting quality player". And you are surprised you have been neg repped?

By the way....
First 2 playoff games:
Dirk- 46%fg 17ppg 10.5rebs 3.5ft's
Homeless- 32%fg 24ppg 8.5ast 15ft's (14 of his 24ppg are from ft's)

Dirk isn't prime Dirk anymore but Houston still doubles him every time he has the ball and he is the focus of the Defense. Meanwhile your player who is the focus of our Defense can't hit playoff shots for 3 years now.
Fair criticism. I agree that Harden has not played well so far in this series. But he played great during games 5 and 6 last year against Portland. He has the skills to prevent going into a full-fledged slump.

As far as Dirk goes, I should have been more clear. He is still a viable option on the offensive end. His FG% was not great in Game 2, but he also did not commit any turnovers. But I think it's clear that his defense has dropped off significantly.

Edit: It should be noted that a two game sample comparing Harden and Nowitzki is irrelevant. It's too small of sample to be fair to either player.

Last edited by sammy; 04-23-2015 at 04:33 PM.
Old 04-23-2015, 04:29 PM   #45
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't expect people to like me here, but I do expect the mods to promote open discussion, not censorship. That's basic respect. I'm honestly very surprised that I haven't been banned as there seems to be a policy of fear and intimidation around here.
When were you censored? Nobody ever altered or deleted anything you posted here.

And as for the rest...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-23-2015 at 04:37 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 04:40 PM   #46
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That one person was Erica Lubarsky, your thought policeman-in-chief. If you can't take valid criticism, then I think you need to get over yourself. The Mavs are a great franchise, but its owner is not infallible. And its fans are often wrong, just like any other franchise.
Oh so you know EL like you've posted here before? Maybe under a different troll name?

Our fans are messiahs compared to the "fans" over at Clutchfans. Why don't you post there. Think you took a wrong turn in Albuquerque.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 04-23-2015 at 04:43 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 04:49 PM   #47
sammy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Oh so you know EL like you've posted here before? Maybe under a different troll name?

Our fans are messiahs compared to the "fans" over at Clutchfans. Why don't you post there. Think you took a wrong turn in Albuquerque.
I'm not a troll. I think an ordinary visitor would realize that Erica Lubarsky runs the show around here, especially since she's the only one to post anything.
Old 04-23-2015, 04:51 PM   #48
sammy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
When were you censored? Nobody ever altered or deleted anything you posted here.

And as for the rest...

You're right. I appreciate not being banned. And I understand that I'm not entitled to people liking my posts. But I really haven't said anything that controversial.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:04 PM   #49
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I come on here to air valid concerns, and I immediately get bad reputation points. I'm not a troll, so how is that fair? I've given credit where it has been due (i.e. "Dirk has killed the Rockets over the years"). This site has to be completely one-sided - there can't be any complaints about anything related to the Mavs. That's dishonest and doesn't lead to any valuable discussion.
I have no idea what you said before and have never seen you post until now, but I just gave you posrep to even out whatever injustice you're seeing here.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 05:04 PM   #50
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You're right. I appreciate not being banned. And I understand that I'm not entitled to people liking my posts. But I really haven't said anything that controversial.
Going into Dirk's thread to say he isn't a quality starter would be the same as us going and shitting all over a Hakeem appreciation thread saying you only have rings because Jordan retired. In the course of 10mins you posted- Dirk isn't a starting caliber player, CP doesn't contribute on defense(yet defenders shoot better vs Ariza this year than CP), and basically saying we should fear the rockets and if we don't its sour grapes.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 05:12 PM   #51
sammy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Going into Dirk's thread to say he isn't a quality starter would be the same as us going and shitting all over a Hakeem appreciation thread saying you only have rings because Jordan retired. In the course of 10mins you posted- Dirk isn't a starting caliber player, CP doesn't contribute on defense(yet defenders shoot better vs Ariza this year than CP), and basically saying we should fear the rockets and if we don't its sour grapes.
The criticism of Dirk's and Chandler's defense seems fair. It looks to me like Dirk has been getting roasted the whole series. Chandler's lack of defense is from watching him play everyday while he was on the Rockets, and he hasn't changed a bit. At least he's consistent.

Last edited by sammy; 04-23-2015 at 05:12 PM.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:57 PM   #52
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You don't have to say anything controversial to set people off around here -- Rajon Rondo just quit on us in the middle of a playoff game... I mean, have you ever seen a guy just up and quit on his team like that before? Sure, I've seen some players half-ass their way through games, but I've never seen an NBA player just straight-up quit on his team during the playoffs, and I've been watching basketball for 30+ years.

Please understand that you're not going to find rational behavior or discussions here, now... Our problems are much greater than this series against Houston.

But that said, I still think you guys are the 4th or 5th best team in the West, and beating up on this battered Mavs squad is nothing to brag about...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 09:22 PM   #53
sammy
Banned

Quote:
You don't have to say anything controversial to set people off around here -- Rajon Rondo just quit on us in the middle of a playoff game... I mean, have you ever seen a guy just up and quit on his team like that before? Sure, I've seen some players half-ass their way through games, but I've never seen an NBA player just straight-up quit on his team during the playoffs, and I've been watching basketball for 30+ years.

Please understand that you're not going to find rational behavior or discussions here, now... Our problems are much greater than this series against Houston.

But that said, I still think you guys are the 4th or 5th best team in the West, and beating up on this battered Mavs squad is nothing to brag about...
Fair enough - I have never seen anyone quit like Rondo did either. On the bright side, it's a long series and y'all have a great owner in Mark Cuban. He will turn this around quickly.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:27 PM   #54
sammy
Banned

Quote:
Rockets fans have no class and the sad thing is they think trolling this board makes them look better and not like complete babies
Quote:
Houston fans are officially the most pathetic fanbase in pro sports...
Quote:
Originally Posted by F!CK SAMMY View Post
YOU DONT TALK BAD ABOUT DIRKS DEFENSE HE IS THE BEST PLAYER I HAVE EVER SEEN AND YOU ARE BEING A MORON IF HE DISAGREE COME ON MAN YOU NEED TO USE YOUR HEAD AND THINK BEFORE MAKING SUCH A STUPID POST

I'm just going to leave this here.

As far as the basis for my claim that Dirk is a terrible defender, he was 82nd during the regular season for defensive real plus-minus.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rp...RPM/position/6
Old 04-24-2015, 12:36 AM   #55
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You know if your're so bored why don't you join the ClutchCity forum as a Mavs fans. Then you'll see what a delusional and hostile fan base is really like.

Try to start a conversation there - go on I dare you
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 10:25 AM   #56
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Sammy: nat-128-62-67-181.public.utexas.edu
F!ckSammy: nat-128-62-75-179.public.utexas.edu

Is your roommate trolling you or did you create a new account on your buddy's computer, because it really looks like one of those two.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 04-24-2015 at 10:27 AM.
Old 04-24-2015, 10:39 AM   #57
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Is your roommate trolling you or did you create a new account on your buddy's computer, because it really looks like one of those two.
Their little friendly Rockets faces will likely turn to trolling if we lose tonight or get swept for the series.

Old 04-24-2015, 10:54 AM   #58
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all

I got neg rep'd in here once for saying I didn't believe Sarah Palin should ever be US President. Do I get to complain about it in this thread?
Old 04-24-2015, 12:14 PM   #59
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Rockets Fan View Post
I got neg rep'd in here once for saying I didn't believe Sarah Palin should ever be US President. Do I get to complain about it in this thread?
Yes. This is a general thread for airing all grievances.

I once got a negative rep for saying that Felton was overweight. I'm still crying on the inside.
Old 04-24-2015, 03:16 PM   #60
melvind
Banned

melvind can only hope to improve

Quote:

Well it has happened....the 2nd championship the Rockets won, Vernon Maxwell quit in the first round as well against Utah after the Rockets picked up Clyde Drexler in a late season trade. Lost his starting job and felt the Rockets dissed him. He talked about how young and stupid he was in their 20 year reunion they had this year in celebration for the "Back 2 Back" ships.......
melvind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 03:52 PM   #61
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

What happened to the no exceptions immediate ban if you are a Rockets fan who joined in April 2015?

Old 04-24-2015, 10:56 PM   #62
sammy
Banned

Quote:

Seriously? Why the hell would I waste my time? This website is not worth the trouble.
Old 04-25-2015, 10:36 AM   #63
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Seriously? Why the hell would I waste my time? This website is not worth the trouble.
Say no more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
What happened to the no exceptions immediate ban if you are a Rockets fan who joined in April 2015?
Oversight.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 01:42 PM   #64
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

I'm a little disappointed that the Rocket trolls didn't show up last night. Are they really only poor sports who come to gloat?
Old 04-27-2015, 02:35 PM   #65
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
I'm a little disappointed that the Rocket trolls didn't show up last night. Are they really only poor sports who come to gloat?
They'll be back if the Rockets win the series. Count on it.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 04-27-2015 at 02:36 PM.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:48 PM   #66
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Be back in a week after the Houston-trolls are gone

Good effort by a short handed team
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote