Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-09-2001, 11:19 PM   #1
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

Michael Finley was named March's NBA Hometown Hero of the Month. Check out the story here.
Old 04-09-2001, 11:22 PM   #2
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Well deserved. He's one of the few real Good Guys in the NBA IMO.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2001, 11:26 PM   #3
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

I agree 100%. I believe that if a small portion of the NBA players were as generous as Finley, then more young kids would have a legitimate future in the NBA.
Old 04-09-2001, 11:30 PM   #4
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

great article...thanks for the link, Tiger.
Old 04-10-2001, 04:09 AM   #5
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Tidy work Fin!!!,

I think there are a lot of good guys in the NBA. For example take our Mavs... the only person who isn't a kind person is possibly Mad Max, but I can't really say because I don't know him.
Old 04-10-2001, 09:47 AM   #6
dallaslaker

dallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura about

I love the fact that we at least appear to have a morally and ethically sound team. Howard is very well known for his community work. Now Fin gets the recognition also. It's nice to have people who realize that they are more than just sports players making a crap load of money. That kids of all ages, including some 30 year old ones, are watching them. Then look at Kidd who we traded out of Big D and he is beating up on his wife. I hope Finley remains a Maverick for the rest of career and his jersey ends up in our rafters one day!
dallaslaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 09:51 AM   #7
LAM0015
Banned

LAM0015 is on a distinguished road

that's great for finley....he's one of many heroes on this mavericks team. a good group of guys that do alot for their community. alot of them do things out of the spotlight that never get recognized.
we should be thankful that we have a good group of guys that do give back and are role models.

good job fin
LAM0015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 03:18 PM   #8
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

No problem Hales. Him and the team desirve recognition. On a side note, has anyone else noticed how they play Juwan Howard's reading commercial a lot more now that he is a Mav?
Old 04-10-2001, 04:20 PM   #9
turbo.mav

turbo.mav has a spectacular aura aboutturbo.mav has a spectacular aura about

actually, i think he's wearing a mavs jersey in it isnt he? i may be wrong
turbo.mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 04:20 PM   #10
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Dallastaker, we can't go judging kid, because if that was the case, Juwan Howard would have to be judged too. He did some "trifling" things when he was in Washington that he received a lot of bad press for.
Old 04-10-2001, 10:40 PM   #11
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Juwan just has on a #5 jersey in the commercial. No specific team.
Old 04-11-2001, 10:33 AM   #12
dallaslaker

dallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura about

Yeah, Juwan wears a generic black practice jersey. Does anyone remember if he originally wore a Wizards and it was just blacked out? Or if that is the way it was?

Kid, yeah I'm usually pretty good about not judging people and try to give them the benefit of the doubt or see it from their perspective. BUT, unless the woman is over 6' and 250+ lbs and rides a Harley, there is no reason a guy should hit a woman. Get some balls and do the right thing by backing off.

I don't know about Juwan's past, checkered or not. All I've ever heard from him is how much of a "good guy" he is and how much he contributes to the community. Much more of a role model for kids to look up to that are young and searching for people to emmulate.
dallaslaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2001, 10:39 AM   #13
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Kidd is a prick or less than a man for hitting his wife, you're right. I don't think Juwan has ever hit a woman, but he's been had a DUI before. He's been caught with drugs (marijuana) before just to name a few. However he has cleaned it up in the past few years, so I applaud him for that. Hopefully Kidd can do the same thing.
Old 04-11-2001, 05:16 PM   #14
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Hey rob who do you think are all the bad players by the way?