Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-03-2001, 07:05 PM   #1
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

Damn! I'm at work so I can only check out the game on-line, what's wrong with Dirk? Courtside Live is showing no shots? Is he not playing tonight?
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2001, 07:10 PM   #2
Najera1441

Najera1441 is on a distinguished road

Dirk is riding the pine with 2 fouls, but Howard is off to another strong start with 11 points, but were off to a slow start. GO MAVS!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-03-2001, 07:17 PM   #3
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Why do guys like Williams and Bullard always go off on us?!
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 07:20 PM   #4
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs are playing extremely well so far..pretty good considering Dirk's still on the bench! Maxwell's also contributing again.
Old 04-03-2001, 07:22 PM   #5
Najera1441

Looks like another High scoring game, can't wait for Booth and Bradley to come in together.
Old 04-03-2001, 07:23 PM   #6
djb
Administrator

Oh crap Buck just went down! Doesn't look good.
Old 04-03-2001, 07:31 PM   #7
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

2 of 3 3-pointers for Maxwell? If he actually gets his shot back that would be wonderful.
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Old 04-03-2001, 07:44 PM   #8
Najera1441

Good 2nd quarter for mavs, Francis 1-9 not good for houston, Hope Buck is okay.
Old 04-03-2001, 07:44 PM   #9
djb
Administrator

Yea especially since Buck's out the rest of the game with a dislocated kneecap [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Hopefully it won't keep him out of any more games.
Old 04-03-2001, 07:45 PM   #10
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Good game so far. Hot shooting by the Mavs. Hope Buck ok(disslocated knee cap). He's are best defender.

Seattle's losing to SA [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 07:46 PM   #11
Mavs#1Fan

Mavs#1Fan will become famous soon enoughMavs#1Fan will become famous soon enough

Kicking ass and not bothering to take names. Houston looks like roadkill.
Mavs#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 07:51 PM   #12
djb
Administrator

San Antonio's kicking the crap out of Seattle, and Indiana is playing it pretty close with Phoenix. I'm a little torn when it comes to the Fakers-Spazz game though [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Old 04-03-2001, 07:55 PM   #13
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hate the spazz, but I'd still like to see us climb into the #4 seed. I don't want to see the Lakers in the first round but if we have to in a 4/5 seeding I'd rather do it with home-court advantage.
Old 04-03-2001, 08:24 PM   #14
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Well, we seem to be winning handily--without Dirk, what's up with his shot? Are they just defending him that well or what?
Old 04-03-2001, 08:24 PM   #15
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I have a feeling this will be the night we CLINCH THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 08:25 PM   #16
djb
Administrator

Indiana took down Phoenix tonight, so that distances us even more [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-03-2001, 08:31 PM   #17
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

With the way we're playing, we can beat any Western Conference team in a series. Yes, that includes the Lakers. So, I don't care who we play. I just want us to get home court advantage in the first round. In fact, I'd love to see the Lakers come in here and get their ass kicked. That would make me a very happy ape.
Old 04-03-2001, 08:47 PM   #18
djb
Administrator

Dammit can't the scrubs do anything?! Houston cuts the 20pt deficit down to 7 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Old 04-03-2001, 08:51 PM   #19
djb
Administrator

PLAYOFFFFFFSSSS!!!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 04-03-2001, 08:52 PM   #20
madape
Diamond Member

Dirk finished them off. Boy our scrubs really do suck. We need the big Wang to help them out some during blowouts like this.
Old 04-03-2001, 08:53 PM   #21
madape
Diamond Member

Seattle has officially lost...
Old 04-03-2001, 08:54 PM   #22
djb
Administrator

Najera-Ekezie-Maxwell-Eisley

I present to you, The Bricklayers [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-03-2001, 08:54 PM   #23
Hoover

Hoover is on a distinguished road

Way to go Mavs....Playoff bound![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 04-03-2001, 08:54 PM   #24
WldcatMan1

WldcatMan1 is on a distinguished road

Why can't our scrubs keep the lead or extend it. That is the only reason why the final score was closer. We had a 20 point lead and the scrubs in a span of 1 minute and 15 seconds made it a 7 point game..

Congrats Mavs on the Playoffs!
Old 04-03-2001, 08:55 PM   #25
Mavs#1Fan

Mavs#1Fan will become famous soon enoughMavs#1Fan will become famous soon enough

WE MADE IT AT LAST! OH LORD, WE FINALLY MADE THE PLAYOFFS AGAIN!
Mavs#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 08:56 PM   #26
madape
Diamond Member

Its official!!! The Mavs are a playoff team at last!!!
Let the celebration begin!
Old 04-03-2001, 09:02 PM   #27
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

Hell yes. Hell yes hell yes hell yes.

I guess I should be a little more excited but I've known a long time that we were gonna make the playoffs...

Dirk is the man, not getting many touches but torching the trash-talking Cato right when it counted. Nash played great, lost some tough calls. Juwan and Finley were both huge... Booth ineffective, but he was against the Dream... Maxwell is still a great man. Felipe Lopez who??

One complaint: Nellie still doesn't have enough confidence in Shawn Bradley. You'll see him putting almost too much trust in his other second-tier players, running isolations for Buckner against Pippen, Eisley against Mobley, etc... but he won't even give Bradley minutes against Hakeem. Bradley has played Hakeem pretty well all year, and he came out tonight and he was Board-A-Minute Man, did some heavy-duty interior enforcing, and STILL no minutes in the fourth... I've said it before and I'll say it again: Give Bradley more minutes! Especially when he's playing well....

4-1 on the toughest road of the year, Mavs are headed to the playoffs. Thank you, Michael Finley...
Old 04-03-2001, 09:09 PM   #28
dallmav

dallmav is on a distinguished road

Dallas kicked ass on a road trip from hell. I had no idea that we could go 4-1 on this trip. If we could just find a way to take out the lakers, we could really tear up some teams in the playoffs. Playoffs here we come to kick ass and take names. The scrubbs better learn to score, or go to the house.
dallmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 09:35 PM   #29
djb
Administrator

BTW, Portland lost to Denver tonight and are now a game behind the Mavs [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2001, 09:14 PM   #30
djb
Administrator

Here's something Cuttino Mobley just said (regarding the Dallas game) in a postgame interview following tonight's Rockets/Sonics game:

"We've beaten them so many times..they just came out extra fired up. They were more fired up than us."

Hahah whatever [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2001, 09:19 PM   #31
dallmav

Yea thats why they are gonna be home on the couch watching us kick some ass in the playoffs= huh
Old 04-06-2001, 12:34 AM   #32
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Heh. Let him keep thinking that. Any player/team stupid enough to think this is the same team they have "beaten so many times" last year or even in the first half of this year is all set to be road kill next year.
Old 04-06-2001, 06:08 AM   #33
dallmav

I agree with you hoops, unless they get webber in the offseason.
Old 04-06-2001, 01:06 PM   #34
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

If Houston does add Webber to what they already have in place, they become major contenders, no doubt. But they would join Dallas as an elite team not overmatch them. And if they came to play with the kind of overconfidence involved in Mobley's quote, the Mavs would eat them alive, Webber or no Webber.