Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-03-2001, 09:02 PM   #1
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Gary Adornato of DallasBasketball.com is writing an article on the reaction of fans to the Mavs finally clinching the playoffs. He's looking for a few good quotes from the REAL fans.

So, tonight the Mavericks MAY clinch a playoff slot. If so, it's likely not to create the fevered celebration that we all expected it to coming into the season, since their sights have now moved higher... but that doesn't mean that WE aren't happy.

I'd like to do an article on the reaction of fans - real fans - to the clinching, with any memories and anecdotes that you feel appropriate. If you'd like to be quoted and included, would you please respond to this thread? Include the name that you'd like me to use, and anything about yourself that you'd prefer to have included...

(And, conversely... if you'd rather not be quoted in the article, please note that in your response, and I'll respect that.)

I'm hoping that the article can be about us, and what this means to our "rooting" alter-egos. Thanks!

Please post your thoughts here!
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2001, 09:08 PM   #2
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Unbelieveable!

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 09:10 PM   #3
erub

erub is on a distinguished road

Three cheers to the X sitting by our name, as Finley put it this morning in the Dallas Morning News
erub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 09:11 PM   #4
dallmav

dallmav is on a distinguished road

Its fantastic, awesome, great after 10 years of breaking remotes, yelling at the dog, screaming at the tv. Hell yessssssssssssss, we are in the playoffs. Now lets kick some ass.
OH BY THE WAY ROB< CHANGE YOUR COUNTER TO ZERO MAN> WE ARE IN.
dallmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 09:16 PM   #5
Jordan23TX

Jordan23TX is on a distinguished road

Im very happy about these Mavs.....I mean I remember the Moody Madness game...etc ...Jay Vincent,Brad Davis,etc....Cant wait to see these guys in the playoffs...the future is bright in Mavsland..
Old 04-03-2001, 09:22 PM   #6
Mavs#1Fan

Mavs#1Fan will become famous soon enoughMavs#1Fan will become famous soon enough

The ridicule is OVER! We are a playoff team again!

We didn't back into the playoffs. We went 4 - 1 on the road trip from hell to EARN our spot in the playoffs.

We didn't slide into the playoffs. We are a solid team who will win 50+ games.

We're not a one-hit wonder. The Mavs are very good with OUTSTANDING upside. In a couple of years it could be the start of a Dallas dynasty.

WE ARE THE MAVERICKS! WE ARE LOUD AND PROUD! WE HAVE EARNED RESPECT!

Mavs#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 01:06 AM   #7
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

BOOYAKA
Old 04-05-2001, 08:36 AM   #8
LAM0015
Banned

LAM0015 is on a distinguished road

they never could have done it without me
i'm happy for me and the mavs
LAM0015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 03:34 PM   #9
Mavrix

Mavrix is on a distinguished road

LAM, you truly are the unsung hero of the season (although you seem to be doing just fine singing your own praises [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]) Does anybody think it is a possibility for us to snag the 3 seed? That would be nice, even though it would probably mean playing Portland, who, if they dont implode on themselves, would be very dangerous in a playoff series. I'd just love nothing more than to sweep the Lakers in the first round.... is that too much to ask for??
Mavrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 03:58 PM   #10
LAM0015
Banned

LAM0015 is on a distinguished road

i'd rather play portland than the lakers. the lakers won't implode like the ptb will. yes, tb is dangerous, but the lakers are deadly to the mavs. the mavs will have a short post season, in all likeliness, if they have to meet the lakers.

chow.

and yes, i probably should sing my own praises, i enjoy it
LAM0015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 04:20 PM   #11
dallaslaker

dallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura about

The only teams that I don't want to see at this point is LA and SA. However, I'm really looking forward to the Duncan/Robinson matchup with Booth/Bradley/Nowitski combination. I'm thinking Booth will give Duncan some issues and he won't go off on us. Robinson is still good, but I think the other guys can contain him enough for the win.

There is not another team that I don't think we have a serious shot at beating. We matchup really well with Sacramento, Utah, Phoenix, and Minnesota. Yeah Portland is big, but with Howard and Booth added, we just got big also and have proved we can beat them on their own turf.

If we don't play LA or SA, I see us AT LEAST making it to the second round. Bring on those aging Utar Spazz!!!
dallaslaker is offline   Reply With Quote