Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-09-2001, 08:48 AM   #1
fish

fish will become famous soon enough

We get questions about why Cuban's been so quiet lately...Nothing to complain about? Learning a lesson? Waiting to take centerstage in the playoffs?
No, Cuban says, he'll still answer any question with his usual...whatever his usual is...It's just that not as many media dolts are asking him questions now. We've finally learned that when Fin misses a shot, we should ask Fin ABOUT IT, and not the owner...
Anyway, I asked him about potential first-round opponents...and Cuban critics might say he's at it again.
Umhm. He wants to play LA.
(see DallasBasketball.com... also posted, a little visit wth ol Dick Motta)
So here we go again...Dallas media will eventually pick up on the theme, LA reporters will eventually ask JackZen and Shaq, urine will fly back and forth, 2000-mile squirts at a time, and we got ourselves a good old fashioned rivalry...
Except, I'm thinking a whole bunch of Mavs fans would much rather lay low...I'm also thinking I'd just as soon pass on LA, right?
Check it all out on DallasBasketball.com and then come back here, or everywhere, and yell about it...
"We want to play so-an-so'' in the playoffs....Ain't it sweet?
fish
Old 04-09-2001, 10:39 AM   #2
dallaslaker

dallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura about

I can understand Cuban's reasons for wanting LA. We would get a ton of nation exposure, but I still think I would rather play against a team that we have a good chance of beating.

As with a ton of other people, I think we match up extremely well with Utah even though the the last game didn't show it. Even Portland seems to bring out the banger in us. I think we would get a lot more publicity (positive) if we were to advance to the second round of playoffs going through Utah.

And I REALLY want to see a rematch of last year's Western Conference Finals with LA and Portland.
dallaslaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2001, 01:09 PM   #3
ReggieThetaChi

ReggieThetaChi is on a distinguished road

Yeah, seeing Portland explode with fury on the Lakers would bring a smile to any Shaq-Hater, even an old-school one like me. But, I definately do not want to face the Lakers in the first round. Considering the playoff experience we currently have is little or none and marching into the Staples Center in a first round playoff matchup with the defending champs, I would prefer a detour from that house for as long as possible. Dallas is just not ready for that...yet. Punking Karl Malone and his winged monkey John Stockton out of the first round would be a great start, so I'd much rather see that. I think I hate Stockton more than Shaq, actually.
Old 04-09-2001, 01:10 PM   #4
ReggieThetaChi

ReggieThetaChi is on a distinguished road

Dig this, I'm not a new member any more. I'm out of Dallas-Mavs.com pledgeship!
Old 04-09-2001, 04:37 PM   #5
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Whoa well done
Old 04-09-2001, 10:20 PM   #6
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

I agree that we would get tons of exposure playing LA. But I think we would get more if we played in the 2nd round rather than getting beat out in the 1st. I'm not saying that it's impossible to beat the Lakers, but there are easier teams for us to play.
Old 04-09-2001, 10:21 PM   #7
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

Huh, I'm not a new member any more either.