Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-10-2001, 01:21 PM   #1
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Did everyone forget about tonight's game? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I expect the Mavs to bounce back after Saturday's pathetically-executed game against Utah. The schedule doesn't get any easier with Phoenix and Sacramento up next, so a win tonight would keep up my hopes of a 53-win season [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Mavs 96, Spurs 92
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2001, 01:32 PM   #2
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

I don't think we're gonna win this one. Duncan will get his but we must control Anderson, Ferry, and Daniels if we want to win.

Mavs 91
Spurs 103

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 02:26 PM   #3
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

The last two days have been dead on the boards. Are people that bummed about the loss to Utah.

Dallas 105
San Antonio 101
Old 04-10-2001, 02:41 PM   #4
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

"The last two days have been dead on the boards. Are people that bummed about the loss to Utah."

I imagine that has alittle to do with it but also theres not much going on in Mavs land [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] . Or everyones resting for the playoffs [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

Old 04-10-2001, 03:15 PM   #5
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

I don't know how this will turn out, but I bet it'll be close. The Spurs are a great team, but I think we'll come out on top in OT: 115-111.
Old 04-10-2001, 03:19 PM   #6
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

Spurs 108, Mavs 91

Close until 3rd quarter. Hot - Dirk & Fin, Cold - Booth (5 fouls in 8 minutes), Howard (also in foul trouble), Bradley disappears again.

If things get out of hand towards the end of the 3rd quarter, I hope Nellie rests his players for a more winnable game tomorrow night.

Final Mavs record 51-31

Old 04-10-2001, 03:22 PM   #7
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

Also pray that the Lakers beat Phoenix tonight, otherwise the playoff matchup nightmare of Laker vs. Dallas crops up again....
Old 04-10-2001, 04:21 PM   #8
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Kobe's back tonight, so he might shoot the ball 50 times...
Old 04-10-2001, 05:17 PM   #9
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

Bradley has a big game tonight... he always plays well when he's challenged by the Twin Towers, and he's pissed that Booth took his starting job. Barring extraordinary circumstances, if Bradley doesn't produce in the next two games, I'll sidetrack my crusade to give him more minutes...
Old 04-10-2001, 05:31 PM   #10
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Mavs are rested, and rarely lose two in a row. The Spurs are vulnerable. Mavs 108 Spurs 91. Big minutes for Wang in the fourth quarter after the Mavs open up a 20 point lead. He goes 4-4 with 6 boards and a three.

(optimism shining through)
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 08:48 PM   #11
ReggieThetaChi

ReggieThetaChi is on a distinguished road

I can dig it, mad ape.
Old 04-10-2001, 08:56 PM   #12
thirdbse

thirdbse is on a distinguished road

TALL Ball = SLOW Ball

Bradley just doesnt have good foot work

Anyone ever notice that even going back to last year after a timeout the first one to get a big rebound or a big shot is Dirk.
thirdbse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 09:23 PM   #13
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Two words:

BRADLEY SUCKS

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Old 04-10-2001, 09:35 PM   #14
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

No disagreement here [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

What's the score anyways? Everytime I watch SA scores like 8 in a row. So I'm forcing myself to not watch [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

Old 04-10-2001, 09:47 PM   #15
Hoover

Hoover is on a distinguished road

Damn this game is UGLY.....but did you just see the two bombs in a row from way downtown by Finley!
Old 04-10-2001, 09:50 PM   #16
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

8 point game. 2:00 left. Come on Mavs [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

Old 04-10-2001, 09:56 PM   #17
djb
Administrator

Those shots from Fin were BEAUTIFUL! Too bad they came after the game was lost.
Old 04-10-2001, 10:00 PM   #18
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Ohwell, there a better team. Booth played good though against the twin towers.

Another game tomorrow.

Old 04-10-2001, 10:01 PM   #19
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

Who the HELL is taking all of Dirk's shots??
Old 04-10-2001, 10:04 PM   #20
Mavinator
Golden Member

Wait a minute, 9 boards, 4 offensive, and 5 blocks in 31 minutes isn't a good line to you guys? I realize he couldn't hit a shot to save his life, but considering most of his misses came off offensive boards anyway, and he couldn't get a call to save his life, either, I think he played damn well...

Booth played better, though. Booth was kicking ass tonight.
Old 04-10-2001, 10:04 PM   #21
erub

erub is on a distinguished road

this is what happens when none of the big 4 play well - although their defense was outstanding obviously:

Howard 6-17
Nowitzki 7-16
Finley 9-19
Nash 1-6

We shot 35.4% from the floor...can't get much worse than that. They are a better team though, they want to remove that asterik from their only NBA championship.
erub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 10:06 PM   #22
Mavinator
Golden Member

They also want to double the size of the asterisk next to the lakers' championship...
Old 04-10-2001, 10:07 PM   #23
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Yep. When we shoot the ball good we win. When we don't we lose. That simple.

Old 04-10-2001, 10:10 PM   #24
djb
Administrator

Too many turnovers the last two games. Then again, it's probably because Utah and San Antonio were defending so tightly.
Old 04-10-2001, 10:14 PM   #25
Mavinator
Golden Member

Am I the only one who thinks Dirk isn't getting nearly enough shots? Christ, the man was HITTING tonight, especially on the three. I've seen lots of opportunities when the Mavs should just be cramming the ball down Dirk's throat, and he gets nothing... I realize he took about as many shots as the other players, but the other players get shots in lumps for long stretches in the game... Nowitzki doesn't get that, and he probably deserves it the most. All he does is wait for the offense to come to him occasionally, taking one shot every four minutes or so... he plays like Eisley used to in the offguard position, just waiting for an open look. The man needs touches!
Old 04-10-2001, 10:20 PM   #26
Mavinator
Golden Member

Am I the only one who thinks I'm too damn eager to criticize after we lose? I mean, it's not my team. I just need to calm down. Why the HELL am I such a grumpy bastard after games like this?
Old 04-10-2001, 10:21 PM   #27
djb
Administrator

You and me both Mavinator. You're right about Dirk not getting enough touches imo. Sometimes you have to just stuff it to him.
Old 04-10-2001, 10:44 PM   #28
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

The 2 points (Nash and Eisley) played a combined 45 min. and scored a combined <u>TWO</u> points! The refs weren't calling to great a game either. Robinson was all over everybody's back.
Old 04-10-2001, 10:44 PM   #29
djb
Administrator

On the bright side, our old buddy Robert Pack led the Nuggets over the Rockets tonight, 100-99 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-10-2001, 10:55 PM   #30
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

We just couldn't score tonight. Where was our outside shooting? I actually thought Booth and Bradley both played well down low. Hell they had 20 boards and 7 blocks between them. If the Mavs got a few calls, and hit a few more shots, we could have been in this game.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 10:55 PM   #31
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

lol. me too dj and mavinator. I got this little green nerf sqwishy ball that I use to throw at the wall cause I always get pissed off. It's alot better then throwing the remote [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

But I'm getting better at not getting sooo pissed off though.

Old 04-10-2001, 11:10 PM   #32
djb
Administrator

Those retarded floaters Bradley put up about three feet from the basket were driving me CRAZY! Gawd I I haven't been this disgusted with his performance in a long time. He just looked off all night.
Old 04-10-2001, 11:18 PM   #33
turbo.mav

turbo.mav has a spectacular aura aboutturbo.mav has a spectacular aura about

I have this problem whenever i watch mavericks games...I sit there and i see our guys playing mediocre. I get so frustrated and i start to build up this horrible rage inside me and i lash out violently at family members. Is there a diagnosis for this?
turbo.mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 11:19 PM   #34
ReggieThetaChi

ReggieThetaChi is on a distinguished road

I just turned it off and switched to the Rangers game. 7-4, if anybody's wondering. Rangers lead.
Old 04-10-2001, 11:22 PM   #35
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

I was watching the Rangers game too. Can't no because the tv's in the OTHER ROOM [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] . Oh well, thanks for the update.