Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-11-2001, 12:00 AM   #1
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, I thought this game looked like a win for us but now Im not so sure with the way we're playing right now. This is a huge game, we could lose the 5th seed tomorrow night.

This is the probable starters according to the DMN

Nowitzki------Marion
Howard--------Robinson
Booth---------Tsakalidas
Finley--------Elie
Nash----------Kidd

In the last meeting, we were able to shut Marion down, let's hope Dirk can do it again. Howard played well and kept Robinson quite, who usually has good games against us. Finley took it to whoever the Suns put on him too and will need to do so again. The first 2 games they really shut him down. Nash has played Kidd pretty well but he's been on a terror lately. I don't think Booth was in the last one, this is a game where he could really explode. It didn't work as well tonight but both Bradley and Booth in the front line could really kill the Suns.
Old 04-11-2001, 12:06 AM   #2
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

I think we match up pretty well. Not to mention that we need a comeback game. I think that tomorrows game will set the pace for the rest of the regular season. If we get a win, we'll be confident and playing well, but if not, we continue to sink lower. I predict a blow-out. Mavs-115 Suns-93
Old 04-11-2001, 12:09 AM   #3
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

The Suns had to play the Fakers tonight, and yes, we played the Spurs, but I think we have more depth.

Mavs 102,
Suns 98
Old 04-11-2001, 10:09 AM   #4
dallaslaker

dallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura about

I agree, Mavs *should* win this one. Kidd may go off for a triple double against Nash, but the rest of the team should be shut down. I hope the Mavs come in with the attitude that they've had enuf of this losing crap and are ready to beat up on somebody. Especially after last night's embarrasing display.
dallaslaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2001, 10:54 AM   #5
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

I agree MFF. It's big. We lose this one and we're tied for 5th with Portland.

Kidd's gonna get his. Wouldn't suprise me if he gets a triple-double. He always kills the Mavs. I think Marion's gonna bust out too. We held him in check pretty well the last game but I'm expecting a big game from him. I also think Nash and Finley will have big games against there former teams.

If we can control Rodgers and Robinson we win. If either one has a big game, I think we lose. 104-111.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2001, 11:30 AM   #6
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I just hope the Mavs come out with some intensity that's been lacking in the last 2 games. I thought they were aiming for home court advantage? They better just hope for hanging on to the 5th seed with the way their playing right now.

Old 04-11-2001, 11:33 AM   #7
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Yeah, I was just looking at the standing and if we lose, The Suns would be only 1 game back of us for the 7th seed. And we got a pretty tough schedule coming up. We could be in 7th in no time [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] .

Old 04-11-2001, 03:04 PM   #8
ReggieThetaChi

ReggieThetaChi is on a distinguished road

I think we're going to be alright tonight. Two ass kickings in a row should serve as a wake up call. Finley will come out with a vengence. I'm not worried about Marion as much as I probably should be. I'm more concerned with the recent scoring threat that comes in the form of the shooting Jason Kidd. But, I honestly think Nash will come out of his doldrums this evening. Mavs 110-Suns 89
Old 04-11-2001, 10:12 PM   #9
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

58-48 at half time according to courtside live.
Old 04-11-2001, 10:54 PM   #10
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Shawn Marion is pulling a David Robinson on us tonight.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2001, 11:00 PM   #11
Hales233
Golden Member

I just checked the stats at Yahoo! It looks like Fin-Dogg is having a killer game, 28 points so far
Old 04-11-2001, 11:02 PM   #12
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Phoenix is up 92-79 right now. I have a feeling this game's out of reach.
Old 04-11-2001, 11:12 PM   #13
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

14 point game with 3:00 to go. It ain't looking good right now.

Old 04-11-2001, 11:14 PM   #14
djb
Administrator

Seems like everyone on the Suns is having a monster game. Marion, Delk, Rogers, Robinson, Kidd..ergh [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Old 04-11-2001, 11:18 PM   #15
ReggieThetaChi

I will never defend Shawn Bradley again. I'm not sure how someone who is 7'6" can't rip down a rebound that he has not one, not two, but three rebounds in a row. That is just uncalled for. He is worthless, worthless, worthless. We won't go anywhere with Bradley in the middle.
Old 04-11-2001, 11:23 PM   #16
ReggieThetaChi

opportunity, not rebound, but yall understand what I'm saying.
Old 04-11-2001, 11:29 PM   #17
djb
Administrator

It was a nice comeback but the Mavs didn't deserve this one anyway [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 04-11-2001, 11:30 PM   #18
ReggieThetaChi

It was a commendable comeback tonight. They put themselves in position to win, so I can't complain too much. Maybe the 11-2 run at the end of the 4th was our snapping out of it. I think Nash shot too quickly though, in reference to that three, but that's just me.
Old 04-11-2001, 11:32 PM   #19
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Rodger's. I knew if one of those 2 guys had a big game we'd lose. It's was Rodger's. 16 points 10 boards. Bad shooting night though.

Old 04-11-2001, 11:32 PM   #20
djb
Administrator

Yea I agree. It wasn't a very pretty shot, contrary to what Ortegal claimed. They should've gotten the ball to Fin or Dirk. Nash was just exhausted.
Old 04-11-2001, 11:33 PM   #21
djb
Administrator

I knew Kidd and Marion would be solid, but never thought Marion would go off like that. Rogers, Robinson, and Delk almost always put up career-like numbers against the Mavs.
Old 04-11-2001, 11:34 PM   #22
ReggieThetaChi

Don't even get me started on Ortegal. He has his head up his ass.
Old 04-11-2001, 11:35 PM   #23
Hales233
Golden Member

Delk was such a big free-agent signing for that club.
Old 04-11-2001, 11:35 PM   #24
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

1 game out of the 7th seed in the West [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] with a tough game saturday against the Kings.

Old 04-11-2001, 11:36 PM   #25
djb
Administrator

Mavs have only dropped three in a row one other time this year. Losing to Sac on Friday would be disastrous. Looks like we may end up with the sixth or seventh seed after all.
Old 04-11-2001, 11:37 PM   #26
ReggieThetaChi

I hope to God that last stretch in the fourth broke us out. If not, we're going to get tagged by Sacremento. They're gonna come out pissed anyways.
Old 04-12-2001, 09:13 AM   #27
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Nash again, he should have passed the damn ball to Dirk. Dirk had a better shot than he did, and was to his left. Guarantee Dirk knocks down that open three. Shit NASH!!!
Old 04-12-2001, 03:05 PM   #28
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

I agree. Nash isn't distributing the ball nearly as well as he used to.