Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-11-2001, 11:11 AM   #1
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Pack's played in almost every game this season, and he obviously hasn't lost a step due to all those past injuries (as evidenced by last night's monster game which effectively ended the Rockets' playoff hopes). Eisley's clearly not the answer at the point, so why not give Pack another shot if he's willing to take a backup role once again? He lives around here during the offseason (home in Flower Mound) and he knows most of the guys already. Eisley can be used as trade bait if necessary, or maybe just as a two guard. Pack's problem has always been his health, so this would be a pretty big gamble. However, he's exactly the type of pg this team needs. He and Moochie Norrie are high on up on my pg wish list. Just a thought.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2001, 11:15 AM   #2
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Yeah, I think it's too much of a gamble to have 2 point guards that are rather injury prone. I would be more comfortable with someone more reliable.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2001, 11:17 AM   #3
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Would do you think about Brevin Knight as a backup?

Old 04-11-2001, 11:30 AM   #4
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Brevin Knight might be more accident prone than Pack. Although when healthy, I like him too.
Old 04-11-2001, 11:39 AM   #5
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Yeah, you could be right. I don't really follow him closely enough to say yes or no. But I've been eyeing a Theo Ratlif/Brevin Knight trade for a while now.

And I agree DJ. Moochie would be a nice pickup.

Old 04-11-2001, 11:43 AM   #6
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

rashad phillips out of Detroit Mercy...
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2001, 01:01 PM   #7
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

I'd really like to see Pack back with the Mavs next season.
Old 04-11-2001, 01:46 PM   #8
dallaslaker

dallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura about

I've always liked Pack's game, but hated his injuries. I think one of his problems was that he tried to drive the lane too much and then got banged around by the bigger bodies. I haven't watched him much this season, but maybe he is realizing that he should take more of a PG role and not so much of a dunker roler.

I like him enuf that I would take a chance on his injuries again considering that he has played the entire season.
dallaslaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2001, 05:07 PM   #9
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

No way we could trust Pack, at least Eisley is almost always there.