Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-09-2011, 01:40 PM   #1
Scott McGuire

Scott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to behold
Default Last Offseason

At this moment on the day Tyson is recognized on the All defensive team I wanted to bring up a Mavs Braintrust decision that I didn't agree with at the time.

Last year when we were dangling the Damp Chip I read tons of articles about the potential players we could get. Al Jefferson ended up being the best realistic target. When we decided to not give him that 4 year extension I thought we had made a big mistake. Later when we acquired Tyson with the Damp Chip I was, as a former Hornets season ticket holder, genuinely excited. My excitement was tempered by a fear of his injury history.

At the time I still thought it was mistake to not get the younger offensively skilled Jefferson.

Today I want to congratulate the Mavs Braintrust on being 100% right on this decision. I can't imagine Jefferson having had the impact Chandler has this season and postseason.
Scott McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2011, 01:47 PM   #2
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

The most amazing fact of last season was that Chandler was for like 12 hours traded to Toronto (Diaw&Chandler and Calderon&Evans included in the Hedo/Barbosa trade with Phoenix) before Jordan pulled out of this deal and took the last minute Mavs offer.

Last edited by sefant77; 05-09-2011 at 01:47 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 05:50 PM   #3
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice thread...I also was badly,badly lobbying for Jefferson.. I did not realize what a culture change chandler would bring to the mavs. That a much stronger defense was better than an offensive player.

Kudos..for the mbt...my bad, their good.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:02 PM   #4
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

i was in the "tyson chandler is washed up" camp myself. never been so glad to be so wrong.
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote