Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-08-2002, 05:26 AM   #1
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

I think the Cowboys did a heck of a job rebuilding their team but I fear they don't have the quarterbacks to get the job done THIS year. I think the QB's have talent but they aren't yet good enough to be winners. In Dallas the people are used to the superstar QB and they had not even an average NFL player waiting to take over for Aikman. Now that they seem to have built a solid team, they don't have a solid QB to go with it.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2002, 06:53 AM   #2
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

We will certainly find out. A very,very good defense can make up for a lot. But if QCar is even average we might really have something here.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 07:32 AM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree David. That defense is awesome though!
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 06:15 PM   #4
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

That is not a fear- that is the fact- their QBs suck.....period.

They may be good in another year or so, but this year they will be lucky to be 8-8
Old 08-13-2002, 06:31 PM   #5
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I think Cowboys will win 10 games this season. You cant go by what u see in preaseason becasue this isnt even our team. Galloway, Ismail, Emmitt, Hardy just to name a few arent even out there on the field. Coakley is another name. I agree that Carter can be a average quarterback and still the Cowboys will make atleats Wild Card. The dfense is just crazy hot. Im gonna give Carter a chance I think he will be atleast average. He doesent have much experience so u cant expect him to top Aikman out there u just cant do that.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 06:33 PM   #6
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

I beleive in Q-Ball. *nods* [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 07:32 PM   #7
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

10 games????? In the regular season??? LOL...im sorry- i am trying not to laugh...I will be generous today and give you 8 games....thats it...
Old 08-14-2002, 11:40 AM   #8
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going with a winning record... 9-7..
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2002, 12:01 PM   #9
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

The Cowboys are capable of being as good as 10-6 this year, or as bad as 5-11. I'll go with 9-7 myself. I think the defense will be excellent and more of a playmaking element than last year, and I think Carter will be a Kordell-like force: not the guy who wins games, but the guy who doesn't lose them. That's all the Boys really need this year from the Q-Kid. A guy who doesn't lose games for them.

Old 08-14-2002, 12:50 PM   #10
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

People think the Cowboys are going to win 9 or 10 games because they consider the NFC East to be weak. Well the Cardinals are out of the conference so there goes easy wins. Redskins are on the rise and the Eagles are a legitimately good team so it's pretty hard for me to see the boys winning 9 or 10 games this year anyway, but maybe they will, who knows.
Old 08-14-2002, 05:39 PM   #11
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

<< People think the Cowboys are going to win 9 or 10 games because they consider the NFC East to be weak. Well the Cardinals are out of the conference so there goes easy wins. Redskins are on the rise and the Eagles are a legitimately good team so it's pretty hard for me to see the boys winning 9 or 10 games this year anyway, but maybe they will, who knows. >>

Redskins have the same issues the Cowboys have (what should be a very good defense, questionable QB situation), and the Eagles are certainly no given.

There's no guarantee of anything, but Dallas deserves to be given the benefit of the doubt at this point...
Old 08-20-2002, 02:13 PM   #12
Nellie
Golden Member

Nellie is on a distinguished road

8-8 would be a great season with everything going their way. Most likely...7-9 or 6-10.