Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 11-17-2003, 05:02 PM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default If the season ended today, would Quincy Carter's job be safe?

Let's try this again..and keep it on topic.

This is an interesting discussion ..a great topic if I do say so myself. But, let's keep it civil. There's no reason for another poll. Just give me your thoughts.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2003, 05:04 PM   #2
arsenalth9

arsenalth9 is on a distinguished road
Default RE:If the season ended today, would Quincy Carter's job be safe?

I think Quincy would go into camp as the Starter, regardless of any big signing we made. I think he has earned the right to make it his job to lose, not someone else's who hasn't played in a cowboy's uni yet.
Old 11-17-2003, 05:05 PM   #3
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough

It is a great topic.....from the other thread....

I think Carter comes back as the default starter unless the Cowboys trade for Warner or sign a reliable veteran. He has earned that much. However, I am 100% sure that Bill Parcells is not the kind of coach that will namea guy the starter this season and not expect competition for position in next years camp. That's at ALL positions...not just QB.
bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 05:06 PM   #4
QCarFan
Golden Member

QCarFan can only hope to improve
Default RE: If the season ended today, would Quincy Carter's job be safe?

a little premature if u ask me. the cowboys are 7-3, and quincys one of the main reasons why. theres no doubt his job is safe. this team is on top of the division and has not lost a division game all season which is key. the season dont end today, we still have 6 more games. this job is quincys to lose, period. and so far he has done nothing to lose it. hes done a plenty to keep it, thats for damn sure
Old 11-17-2003, 05:07 PM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

quincy has been above average in two maybe three games this season...the other seven, he's been average to below average for what you'd expect out of an NFL QB
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 05:12 PM   #6
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
quincy has been above average in two maybe three games this season...the other seven, he's been average to below average for what you'd expect out of an NFL QB
period.
Old 11-17-2003, 05:19 PM   #7
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

From what I hear from Parcells, he wants a guy that won't turnover the ball. I can honestly say that there is 4-5 interceptions that were all his fault this season. For not having any consistent running game this season i'd say Quincy has been doing what Parcells want from him. I know the question is if the season ended today but it's impossible to answer this question truthfully. I don't think his job would be safe but it sure wouldn't be taken from anyone on this roster. I think Quincy's job is safe next season. Bill knows you don't need a pro bowl qb to make it to the playoffs or the championship for that matter. It all comes from the DE's, OL's and HB's. Couple of positions Cowboys should be focusing on before qb. You fix those needs THAN we can go look at the qb position.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 05:23 PM   #8
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Bogey, I didn't get to reply to your post in the other thread but you should really chill out on your insults. Especially when no one has thrown any insults towards your way. It's childish and it reminds me of another guy who couldn't prevent himself from doing the same thing.

1996-2005
Old 11-17-2003, 05:29 PM   #9
bogey
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Bogey, I didn't get to reply to your post in the other thread but you should really chill out on your insults. Especially when no one has thrown any insults towards your way. It's childish and it reminds me of another guy who couldn't prevent himself from doing the same thing.
Thanks for cluttering up another thread with completely off topic crap. Do yourself a favor...worry about yourself and not others. You do an awful job of keeping up with yourself. Again...thanks for bringing crap into this thread. It's a shame you cannot remain on topic. I guess you have some "get in the last word fetish" or somesuch.
Old 11-17-2003, 05:31 PM   #10
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Quincy has done everything that Parcells has asked of him. Was he perfect? No, but no QB can be perfect.

Has he performed up to his ability? Yes, unfortunately as much as you like Quincy, he is an average quarterback and his stats bear that out.

Can the Cowboys go further with an average quarterback? Yes, if you surround any QB with enough talent and a dominating defense, then he can take you to the Super Bowl (case in point Dilfer).

So, will Quincy be back as the starter? Bill will evaluate all positions and try to improve on all of them next season. QB is not the highest priority IMO, therefore, the job is Quincy's to lose next year.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 05:33 PM   #11
bogey
Banned

kingrex- good post. that's what the majority has been saying. BUT, the carter lovers/apologists can't get past any critique of carter even though it is obviously justified and is easily seen in his stats. but anyways...nice synopsis.
Old 11-17-2003, 05:39 PM   #12
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: bogey
Quote:
Thanks for cluttering up another thread with completely off topic crap. Do yourself a favor...worry about yourself and not others. You do an awful job of keeping up with yourself. Again...thanks for bringing crap into this thread. It's a shame you cannot remain on topic. I guess you have some "get in the last word fetish" or somesuch.

Where those comments not towards me? The last post of that thread? If not then I apologize. It's hard to see who you are replying to when you don't use the quote function.

1996-2005
Old 11-17-2003, 05:41 PM   #13
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
kingrex- good post. that's what the majority has been saying. BUT, the carter lovers/apologists can't get past any critique of carter even though it is obviously justified and is easily seen in his stats. but anyways...nice synopsis.

Why say Carter apologists? Why not just say the poster you are referring to? You act as if someone owes you something on this board. Like you have a chip on your shoulder. Chill out. No one has treated you unfairly on this board so quit acting like it. It seems as if you are upset for no reason.

1996-2005
Old 11-17-2003, 05:44 PM   #14
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Quote:

Why say Carter apologists? Why not just say the poster you are referring to? You act as if someone owes you something on this board. Like you have a chip on your shoulder. Chill out. No one has treated you unfairly on this board so quit acting like it. It seems as if you are upset for no reason.
Is this post pertinent to this thread?

Isn't this better handled as a PM? Just a suggestion. Otherwise, I'm out of this.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 05:44 PM   #15
bogey
Banned

** Edited by Mod **
Old 11-17-2003, 05:45 PM   #16
bogey
Banned

** Edited by Mod **
Old 11-17-2003, 05:48 PM   #17
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

** Edited by Mod **

1996-2005
Old 11-17-2003, 05:49 PM   #18
bogey
Banned

** Edited by Mod **
Old 11-17-2003, 05:50 PM   #19
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Please keep the posts on topic.

This thread has a worthy topic to discuss. If some has a an opnion that you don't agree with, say so why if you choose. But don't insult the person.

Quincy Carter is the topic and the discussion is about whether you think his job is safe.
Old 11-17-2003, 05:53 PM   #20
bogey
Banned

Horsecrap. This thread was on topic up to and until FFM made his post at 5:23pm.