Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 11-18-2003, 12:53 AM   #1
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default Why Can't People Understand

Pah leeze . Is Belichick better than Bill. I have been reading this every where that Bill won superbowl with Belichick but Belichick has won without Bill. Its everywhere on the news.

Give Bill Brady. Give Bill anyone other than a sorry ass QB like QC or Sorry Ass RB like TH. What will you see if that was the case? Basically more competitive game that this was. 12-0 ????? This was after we all thought QC will get by that nightmare against tampa.
BTW, this mail is for intellectual analysts and please respond if you have any knowledge.

This takes us to a totally different situation.

What do we draft now???

RB
QB
Offensive Linebacker
Pass Rusher
Old 11-18-2003, 01:26 AM   #2
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Why Can't People Understand

Parcells isn't going to be here long enough to develop a QB so drafting one is basically out the window. I see our pick in the midrange which is usually a good spot for a RB or a O-lineman. Unfortunately a good pass rusher goes early in the first so that's probably out - midrange lineman are run stoppers and we don't need more of those.

RB or O-lineman is my vote.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 02:11 AM   #3
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

Many might disagree with me on this, but if I ran the team this is what I'd do this offseason.

Sign Corey Dillon to a 2 year deal.

Draft a QB and a Pass Rusher in the first 2 rounds (QB because I want a franchise QB)

Middle rounds draft a WR(I think you could get a very good WR in the third, maybe S Thomas or BJ Johnson), OL, and LB.

Let Galloway leave via free agency

Old 11-18-2003, 09:09 AM   #4
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough

I think Bill looks at what is available in terms of quarterbacks in the free agent market. We already have a mediocre QB and a guy in Hutch making way too much money with no production. Romo is secure as the #3. The Cowboys will likely use their first draft pick on a running back (if they do not move up to take a pass rusher if an impact guy is available). If a guy they don't love at running back isn't available, they probably go to the line and sign a free agent. Dillon is certainly an option too. We MUST improve at running back. Hambrick is a talented guy that will never get the most from his abiltiy. He could be a very good FB in front of a smaller, skilled feature back so letting him go would be a mistake. The offensive line since overcoming a lot of injuries early in the season has done an admirable job. At linebacker, it is no secret that Bill Parcells loves big linebackers. If one is available during the second round, don't be surprised if Bill tabs him. This defense succeeds however on the speed of the linebackers. Clearly we have one of the best defensive secondarys in the NFL to back up the linebackers.

I would keep Galloway if the Cowboys can obtain a seasoned veteran quarterback, otherwise Fah Q I have no problem with him leaving. But, can you imagine what this team could do if the following guys were featured on offense?

QB - Kurt Warner
FB - Hambrick
RB - Dillon
WR- Galloway
WR - Glenn
WR - Bryant

Damn. I like the looks of that.
bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 04:37 PM   #5
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Fah Q
Many might disagree with me on this, but if I ran the team this is what I'd do this offseason.

Sign Corey Dillon to a 2 year deal.

Draft a QB and a Pass Rusher in the first 2 rounds (QB because I want a franchise QB)

Middle rounds draft a WR(I think you could get a very good WR in the third, maybe S Thomas or BJ Johnson), OL, and LB.

Let Galloway leave via free agency

Those franchise qb's just come in every draft don't they?

I say you draft the positions that are easier to fill but are a strong need like the DE position. No reason to fix the qb position because it is settled so I say next you go after a halfback.

What you guys above don't understand is that we are rebuilding. You don't go pick up 30+ year old players as if you are playing for a championship. Yes, you do want that championship team but we are in the rebuilding stage similiar to what the San Antonio Spurs were in last season but still grabbed a championship.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 04:44 PM   #6
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
QB - Kurt Warner
FB - Hambrick
RB - Dillon
WR- Galloway
WR - Glenn
WR - Bryant

Damn. I like the looks of that.
I don't know about Warner. I think he's one good hit away from being Troy Aikman.

Keyshawn for Galloway? Or, is that sacrificing too much speed?
Old 11-18-2003, 04:54 PM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Football and basketball are two entirely different sports with entirely different rebuilding processes. With parity in the NFL, almost every team has a chance to compete for a playoff spot.

If the Cowboys make the playoffs this year, can you honestly tell me that Parcells isn't going to want to make a serious run at the Super Bowl in the next two years?

The Cowboys are already extremely talented on defense. They do have one glaring hole on the defensive side though. They could use a DE that can rush the passer.

Offensively, they have a pretty good offensive line. They'll probably try to add a starter along the front five at some point this off season. I believe they are happy with their TE situation. They are probably relatively happy with their WR situation although there will probably be some turnover at that spot.

What are the biggest needs offensively?
Obviously, they need to shore up the running game. That will probably require the Cowboys to bring in a tailback that can consistently knock off 4 yards a carry.

They will look to bring in a QB that has shown more consistency in the mid range passing game. It might not necessarily be a guy that starts, but I believe they will attempt to bring in a veteran that can push Carter for the job.

The Cowboys have a tremendous amount of talent for a team that's less than a year removed from a 5-11 season. There's obvious holes that need to be filled. By no means is the QB spot a position that the Cowboys should feel completely content with what they have.

Positions of need:

WR (Look for the Cowboys to add a big possession type receiver regardless of whether or not Galloways is back)

LB (Parcells is happy with the defense, but he will look to bring in a bigger linebacker to groom behind Nguyen. He simply cannot resist)

OL (You can never have enough good lineman even though this group has done a pretty good job this season.)

DL (You can never have enough good defensive lineman. Perhaps the Cowboys add someone with a little beef to strengthen the already strong run defense. There should be quality available in free agency)

DE (Look for the Cowboys to attempt to add a rush end probably in the draft if someone is still available at the 20th spot)

QB (The Cowboys can't be sure that Quincy's the QB of the future. Quincy has struggled as of late doing the one thing that a Parcells offense cannot have. He's made poor decisions in throwing the ball into coverage)

RB (If the Cowboys don't add a veteran running back, look for the Cowboys to use a late first day to early second day draft pick at the RB spot. But, remember, Parcells has always had a thing for veteran RB's that can absorb 25+ carries a game)
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 04:57 PM   #8
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

I'm not sure what this thread is about, but just like me, I'll comment anyway.

Guesstimated Thread: Why can't people understand that Bill Bellicheck is NOT a better coach than Bill Parcells just because he beat an inferior team?

My answer: In a "what-have-you-done-for-me-lately" mentality, which most people have, Bellicheck's accomplishment (i.e. winning the Superbowl) takes precedence over what Parcells has done lately (which is coach a 5-11 team to 7-3 record). Therefore, many will overemphasize what this game meant to "who's the better coach" debate.

The reality is, the Cowboys are in their first year of "rebuilding". They have accomplished more than most of the "non-homers" could ever predict. The Patriots should be contending for a playoff spot, and have done exactly as expected. Therefore, both coaches are doing fine and the "who's the better coach" debate can only be answered by who has the most rings by the end of their respective careers.

Right now, Parcells leads 2 to Bellichecks 1.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 05:06 PM   #9
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
LB (Parcells is happy with the defense, but he will look to bring in a bigger linebacker to groom behind Nguyen. He simply cannot resist)
Could be Brady James if he continues to come on.

Quote:
QB (The Cowboys can't be sure that Quincy's the QB of the future. Quincy has struggled as of late doing the one thing that a Parcells offense cannot have. He's made poor decisions in throwing the ball into coverage)
Parcells talked in his press conference about how he admired the Pats' strategy of drafting a QB every year in the later rounds. You never know when you get lucky and find a Brady. It will be interesting to see if he does that with Romo and Hutch on the roster.

Quote:
RB (If the Cowboys don't add a veteran running back, look for the Cowboys to use a late first day to early second day draft pick at the RB spot. But, remember, Parcells has always had a thing for veteran RB's that can absorb 25+ carries a game)
To me this is the biggest need. They can the weakness at rush end by blitzing (at least until Sunday). You can't hide the lack of a proficient runner. I would sign a reliable vet in free agency as a hedge against not finding the back you are looking for in the draft.
Old 11-18-2003, 05:10 PM   #10
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to be a great defense against even the best offenses in the league, you cannot rely so much on the blitz. You must be able to get pressure with your front four.
Old 11-18-2003, 05:11 PM   #11
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Murph, this offensive line is not good. They are the reason why the qb and running back position aren't doing well as it was earlier this season. How many times did Quincy have to run from a lineman last game?

1996-2005
Old 11-18-2003, 05:14 PM   #12
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Just two weeks ago everyone was talking about how well Quincy was doing and how he may be a fit on this offense. After a loss there is 10 Quincy Carter threads. Though he played poor against the Bills, nothing about Quincy at all. I'm not suprised though.

1996-2005
Old 11-18-2003, 05:15 PM   #13
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Default RE: Why Can't People Understand

Murph,

I agree, but if you can't run the ball and your QB isn't named Manning or McNair, it's going to be tough to even have an average offense.
Old 11-18-2003, 05:16 PM   #14
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Murph, this offensive line is not good. They are the reason why the qb and running back position aren't doing well as it was earlier this season. How many times did Quincy have to run from a lineman last game?
The O-line has been spotty, but Troy leaves a lot of yards on the field.
Old 11-18-2003, 05:18 PM   #15
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Okay. I guessed wrong, this thread is about what position the 'Boys should draft first.

I always say NEVER draft by position, but all things being equal, we need help on the DL. Despite our best efforst, we can not get a consistent enough pass rush. Oh yeah we'll get a sack here and there, but not enough. We still need to blitz to really get to the QB.

Next, (again all players being equal) our next area of need is RB. We need someone who can make the first guy miss. Even that is enough to put our running game over the top. I'd love to also have a guy with gamebreaking speed.

Lastly, we need another shutdown corner. Having 2 is better than one.
Old 11-18-2003, 05:19 PM   #16
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
Quote:
The O-line has been spotty, but Troy leaves a lot of yards on the field.

My post came out wrong. By no means has Hambrick took advantage of the offensive line as he should. I'm really referring to guys like Cason who have disappered in the last couple of weeks who had success earlier in the season when the o-line was good. Flozell Adams has been great and Larry Allen has been good but thats it. You could probaly argue Ryan Young.

1996-2005
Old 11-18-2003, 05:26 PM   #17
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: kingrex
Okay. I guessed wrong, this thread is about what position the 'Boys should draft first.

I always say NEVER draft by position, but all things being equal, we need help on the DL. Despite our best efforst, we can not get a consistent enough pass rush. Oh yeah we'll get a sack here and there, but not enough. We still need to blitz to really get to the QB.

Next, (again all players being equal) our next area of need is RB. We need someone who can make the first guy miss. Even that is enough to put our running game over the top. I'd love to also have a guy with gamebreaking speed.

What team in the NFL has 2 shut down corners? I see potential in Derek Ross. He hasn't been the same since the injury but with the play of Mario Edwards he hasn't been able to get any time at the corner position like last season.

1996-2005
Old 11-18-2003, 05:30 PM   #18
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Just two weeks ago everyone was talking about how well Quincy was doing and how he may be a fit on this offense. After a loss there is 10 Quincy Carter threads. Though he played poor against the Bills, nothing about Quincy at all. I'm not suprised though.
When should we evaluate the QB position?
Let us know.

Isn't 10 a nice round number? Remember, 10 threads just didn't spring up griping about Carter. One thread started this whole thing. The thread simply asked whether or not Carter was 'safe' going into next year as the starting QB. The threads did not start up bashing QCar. And for the most part, all anyone has said is that the Cowboys will probably look to add someone that can push Carter for the starting job. I do not believe that many if any are calling for an immediate change at the position. Few are even suggesting that the Cowboys will not have Carter as the starting QB next year.

You're blowing this WAY out of proportion.
Old 11-18-2003, 05:35 PM   #19
kingrex
Platinum Member

Quote:
Quote:

What team in the NFL has 2 shut down corners? I see potential in Derek Ross. He hasn't been the same since the injury but with the play of Mario Edwards he hasn't been able to get any time at the corner position like last season.
Exactly my point1 Wouldn't it be great if the Cowboys did though?

Hey if we're just talking positions and our needs, why not?
Old 11-18-2003, 05:38 PM   #20
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Quote:
When should we evaluate the QB position?
Let us know.

Isn't 10 a nice round number? Remember, 10 threads just didn't spring up griping about Carter. One thread started this whole thing. The thread simply asked whether or not Carter was 'safe' going into next year as the starting QB. The threads did not start up bashing QCar. And for the most part, all anyone has said is that the Cowboys will probably look to add someone that can push Carter for the starting job. I do not believe that many if any are calling for an immediate change at the position. Few are even suggesting that the Cowboys will not have Carter as the starting QB next year.

You're blowing this WAY out of proportion.

No 10 is not a nice number. You give the guy season. HE has never played a full season in his NFL career and we are already calling for his head after 1 game. This is the same exact mess that started after last season. The fact of the matter is that none of these posts showed up last week when he played alot worse against the Bills but we got a win out of it. I'm not the one blowing this out of proportion. This season is just 10 games in. It's premature to even have these threads right now but it is a general discussion board. I have no problem with it but just think it's premature. Thats all. Carter has shown that when he has all 3 of his recievers and is given time in the pocket he can hit the guy. No reason we should depend on him to have to throw the ball out of the pocket. If the o-line plays poor Quincy plays poor.

1996-2005
Old 11-18-2003, 05:39 PM   #21
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Exactly my point1 Wouldn't it be great if the Cowboys did though?

Hey if we're just talking positions and our needs, why not?

You're right but for me to draft a shut down corner I better have some plans of getting a pretty good pass rush via free agency.

1996-2005
Old 11-18-2003, 05:44 PM   #22
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Just remember that probably no single position has been critiqued and criticized by fans and media over the past 3+ decades than the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. There is no reason for this to change with Quincy. This was probably the sternest test that Quincy has faced as QB. And while Quincy could certainly have had more help, he did make some rather costly mistakes. But when should fans wait to critcize Carter? After he's had a great game? Maybe in the future when Quincy has a Super Bowl ring or two and a few appearances in the Pro Bowl he might deserve to not have his
Quote:
occasional
bad performances critiqued as closely, but he has still yet to prove himself over a full season. I sincerely hope he does, because that is the easiest scenario for the Cowboys to find success and above all I'm a Cowboys fan 1st and foremost. And I kind of like to see players who develop a great work ethic as Quincy appears to be in the process of doing succeed.
Old 11-18-2003, 05:46 PM   #23
Murphy3
Guru

Do you want a reason why I started the thread this week? Because I had just now gotten around to doing alot of research concerning the Cowboys. It wasn't because of the loss. If it was, then why wouldn't I have started a similar thread after his poor performance in Tampa?

Also, most of Quincy's passing numbers have dropped below that of what he produced last year even though he has had a better offensive line, better receivers, and a running game that's putting up more yards per game than last year.

And yes, they have had a much better group of receivers even though Galloway missed a game because of an injury.
Old 11-18-2003, 05:48 PM   #24
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

FFM, no one in this thread is calling for Quincy's head. you are overreacting. They are saying to bring someone in to compete for the job. that happens all over the league. the better guy will get the job, whether it's quincy (many times, incumbent starters play better after good competition for the starting role) or the FA.
Old 11-18-2003, 05:49 PM   #25
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Do you want a reason why I started the thread this week? Because I had just now gotten around to doing alot of research concerning the Cowboys. It wasn't because of the loss. If it was, then why wouldn't I have started a similar thread after his poor performance in Tampa?

Also, most of Quincy's passing numbers have dropped below that of what he produced last year even though he has had a better offensive line, better receivers, and a running game that's putting up more yards per game than last year.

And yes, they have had a much better group of receivers even though Galloway missed a game because of an injury.

Because Tampa makes any qb in this league look bad. The difference between last year and this year is that Quincy's offense is so easy it's predictable and Bill isn't afraid to admit it. All you have to do is stop our run. No need to blitz much because our offensive line isn't playing well right now.

1996-2005
Old 11-18-2003, 05:50 PM   #26
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

I agree with your assesment.

As far as what the cowboys need?
In recent nfl history the tampa bay buccaneers and baltimore ravens have had great running games to go along with a great defense. You don't have to have a franchise qb to win the superbowl. Carter has done fine in making good plays
In the draft you just

Other possiblities

Defensive line?
Perhaps Tommy Harris could be a perfect fit for this cowboys defense out of Oklahoma? But the Cowboys probably will draft too low to grab him.

First off I think the offensive line is good enough to win a superbowl?

Game breakers?

This team doesn't have an offensive player that can be counted on to make consistent big plays?

As far as runners are concerned. In the college ranks Id look at kevin jones out of virginia tech as the best running back in the nation. On the trade front the bills probably go with the youth in Willis. Id be for a Travis Henry trade to the cowboys. Another possibility the 49ers have two good running backs with Hearst or Barrlow? Chris Perry who is third in the nation in rushing could be another possiblity at running back.

Wide Reciever?
Its still a strength on the team. But Yet they don't have that dependable go to reciever? Keyshawn Johnson could be a perfect fit especially since he knows Big Bill. Terrel Owens still could be on the block, especially if the niners miss the playoffs. He is the best wide reciever in the game and would probably cost several picks.

QB?
To me its still early to say whether or not qcard is the guy or not? We haven't missed the playoffs, and most people in their right mind wouldn't think the cowboys are tied for first overall in the division.

jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 05:58 PM   #27
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux
FFM, no one in this thread is calling for Quincy's head. you are overreacting. They are saying to bring someone in to compete for the job. that happens all over the league. the better guy will get the job, whether it's quincy (many times, incumbent starters play better after good competition for the starting role) or the FA.

No one is overreacting lol. I could careless about what people think on a message board. No one is calling for Quincy's head? Did you read the main thread lol? He damn near said that Quincy was the worst qb in the NFL. This comes right after a loss. It doesn't suprise me at all. Just the timing for these posts are the problem I have. Thats all. I'm even a bit suprised it didn't come earlier then now.

1996-2005
Old 11-18-2003, 06:00 PM   #28
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: jayC
I agree with your assesment.

As far as what the cowboys need?
In recent nfl history the tampa bay buccaneers and baltimore ravens have had great running games to go along with a great defense. You don't have to have a franchise qb to win the superbowl. Carter has done fine in making good plays
In the draft you just

Other possiblities

Defensive line?
Perhaps Tommy Harris could be a perfect fit for this cowboys defense out of Oklahoma? But the Cowboys probably will draft too low to grab him.

First off I think the offensive line is good enough to win a superbowl?

Game breakers?

This team doesn't have an offensive player that can be counted on to make consistent big plays?

As far as runners are concerned. In the college ranks Id look at kevin jones out of virginia tech as the best running back in the nation. On the trade front the bills probably go with the youth in Willis. Id be for a Travis Henry trade to the cowboys. Another possibility the 49ers have two good running backs with Hearst or Barrlow? Chris Perry who is third in the nation in rushing could be another possiblity at running back.

Wide Reciever?
Its still a strength on the team. But Yet they don't have that dependable go to reciever? Keyshawn Johnson could be a perfect fit especially since he knows Big Bill. Terrel Owens still could be on the block, especially if the niners miss the playoffs. He is the best wide reciever in the game and would probably cost several picks.

QB?
To me its still early to say whether or not qcard is the guy or not? We haven't missed the playoffs, and most people in their right mind wouldn't think the cowboys are tied for first overall in the division.

OMG. This is the best post i've seen in recent days concerning the Cowboys. I agree with everything completely. Didn't praise Quincy at all but surely didn't bash him for what he has done.

1996-2005
Old 11-18-2003, 06:08 PM   #29
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

the first post of this thread, you mean? i saw you quoting everything but that thread. everyone else in this thread has been saying what I mentioned in my post. bring in someone to COMPETE for the job, not be given the job.
Old 11-18-2003, 06:15 PM   #30
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough

you can't force facts into those who refuse them BBL.
Old 11-18-2003, 06:31 PM   #31
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

** Edited by Mods **

1996-2005
Old 11-18-2003, 07:16 PM   #32
kingrex
Platinum Member

Quote:

You're right but for me to draft a shut down corner I better have some plans of getting a pretty good pass rush via free agency.
Exactly, that's why on my list of draft by position priority, I listed DL as 1 and shutdown CB at 3 (Please see previous post).
Old 11-18-2003, 10:30 PM   #33
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

most of the carter supporters need to quit being so sensitive. i'm the biggest carter supporter out there and i see absolutely nothing wrong with finding someone to compete with QC to make him better.

the one thing we've learned about QC is that he needs external pressure and a foot up his rear end to play at his maximum potential. nobody is saying that qcar won't start next year. in fact, i think he's deserved an opportunity. but to say that the cowboys wouldn't or shouldn't look at kurt warner or brunnell to compete with QC if they came at the right price and mindset is utter foolishness.

i really like michael turner and greg jones coming out of this next years draft. they could be huge stud's in the pro's. to shore up the pass rush, i say we break the bank for jeavon kearse. the guy is an athletic freak. i like freaks. he's pure greatness. charles haley without the bi polar behavior.

as far as qb's go, obviously if eli manning falls to your lap in the bottom of the 1st round, its a no brainer that you take him, especially when most of the backs going to get taken in the 2nd-3rd rounds anyways. parcells isn't going to break the bank to draft a qb. its just not in his nature to do so. if somebody slides to him and he can see a future need, then yeah you could see a chad pennington type of situation where he grabs him b/c he's got an old vinny testaverde. otherwise, parcells has proven he can win without a franchise QB.

the thing that makes me laugh is carter supporters say he isnt a franchise qb, but then get mad when a suggestion is made to find a better qb. hey there isn't a lot of loyalty in this game. if parcells can find someone better than larry allen, you can bet your ass that allen will sit on the bench. it doesn't matter what LA has done for this team.

i'm not terribly worried about the o-line. the boys always seem to do a really good job of finding gems in the 2nd and 3rd round each year on the o-line. i think they'll be fine.

i'm out. like keyshawn in tampa.

aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 10:36 PM   #34
bogey
Banned

Great post AEX.

Hopefully it won't be wasted on the closed minded or intellectually deficient.
Old 11-19-2003, 10:34 AM   #35
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

dead on, aex. parcells won't trade up to get a QB, but if eli somehow fell, you can't pass him up.