Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 08-23-2020, 02:21 PM   #1
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

not directly on topic but as i'm typing this the 76ers are going down in flames and about to be swept. How's that process looking now? understandably they're missing simmons but i'm not sure that he swings them to more than making it a bit more competitive. maybe they take a game or two rather than get swept.

it's interesting because aside from the draft tanking they've done this is a team that has swung deals for big name players through FA and trades. Jimmy Butler, Tobias Harris, Al Horford... and have apparently struck out. For all their big name drafting and trading and signing they've failed to construct a good team. Celtics have Hayward go down and are still rolling over them.
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 02:43 PM   #2
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
not directly on topic but as i'm typing this the 76ers are going down in flames and about to be swept. How's that process looking now? understandably they're missing simmons but i'm not sure that he swings them to more than making it a bit more competitive. maybe they take a game or two rather than get swept.

it's interesting because aside from the draft tanking they've done this is a team that has swung deals for big name players through FA and trades. Jimmy Butler, Tobias Harris, Al Horford... and have apparently struck out. For all their big name drafting and trading and signing they've failed to construct a good team. Celtics have Hayward go down and are still rolling over them.
Philly is and will always be a terrible sports town. They're not a FA destination, but they've done the best that they could with what they had. It's just super hard if you're not NY, BOS, or LA.

But yeah, I think they can be a playoff team for 5-10 years, but they've capped out at how good they can be.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 02:53 PM   #3
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post

Whiffing on Fultz hurt the process when Tatum was available. Step 1 is getting a new coach. Time for a new voice in the locker room. Just shows you can’t just pickup big names and hope it works.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote