Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-13-2002, 01:15 PM   #1
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Just saw Lord of the Rings for the first time the other night, great movie. I did have a question, though, for anyone who's seen it. In the scene right after the doors close on Gandalf with the white robed wizard (and as they're fighting) what generally is the white robed guy telling Gandalf? Why do I ask such a dumb question? The copy I watched had a tremendous scratch at that point, and could hear pretty much nothing. Anyway, if anyone takes the time to respond, it is appreciated!
Old 08-13-2002, 01:25 PM   #2
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Generally Saruman the White is telling Gandalf the Grey that he is in league with Sauron and that Gandalf should turnover the ring to him (Sarumon) so that Gandalf and Sarumon can defeat Sauron and rule the world.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 01:29 PM   #3
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

yup.

man, that sucks. i assume you were watching it on dvd? whether you rented it or bought it, you better get your money back!
Old 08-13-2002, 02:55 PM   #4
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Thanks Dooby, yeah that sucked, DVD's are great except for their tendency to get scratched. It was a friend of my stepfather's copy, though, so it's cool, haha
Old 08-13-2002, 03:03 PM   #5
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

I have never had a DVD get scratched. Some minor scratches don't affect my new DVD player. What brand do you have? Mine's a Sony. My old one was a Samsung. Samsung sucks ass. I always had problems with my Samsung POS. What I am saying is that it might be your DVD player.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Old 08-13-2002, 04:43 PM   #6
irontoad
Golden Member

Yeah, you may be right, Dooby. I'm not sure what type of DVD player it is, it's my parent's at their house. I have a cheapo Apex DVD player, but it hasn't given me any trouble whatsoever, I'm glad to say.
Old 08-13-2002, 05:10 PM   #7
Dooby
Diamond Member

Do you own the Matrix?

Old 08-13-2002, 05:34 PM   #8
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

i own the matrix...
not that i was asked [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 05:40 PM   #9
Dooby
Diamond Member

I ask because dual-layered double sided gold DVD's give some DVD players fits. Since I got a new DVD player I don't pay attention anymore, but they used to be a problem on crappy brands like Samsung. I know that the Matrix, Wild Wild West and Saving Private Ryan were some of the worst offenders on my DVD player.

Old 08-13-2002, 05:44 PM   #10
irontoad
Golden Member

Hmmm, that's interesting, Dooby. I don't own The Matrix, though I wish I did.
Old 08-13-2002, 05:57 PM   #11
veruca salt
Platinum Member

it's a very cool dvd, i just watched the white rabbit version the other day.

Smile like you mean it
Old 08-14-2002, 08:53 AM   #12
irontoad
Golden Member

White Rabbit version? What differences does that have in it, Veruca?
Old 08-14-2002, 08:54 AM   #13
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

that version is sweet. it's the same movie, but at different parts durting the movie, a little white rabbit will appear at the bottom corner of the screen. hit enter on your remote, and it takes you to a "making of" featurette about that particular scene.
Old 08-14-2002, 12:51 PM   #14
irontoad
Golden Member

Isn't Matrix #2 supposed to be coming out here in the near future??
Old 08-14-2002, 01:27 PM   #15
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

both #2 and #3 come out in 2003.

one in august, the other in november, i think.
Old 08-14-2002, 01:59 PM   #16
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

LOTR is.......

Over - rated! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2002, 05:01 PM   #17
veruca salt
Platinum Member

Watch yourself Bio!

BBL...i think those are the dates, I know that they're 6 months appart. Which is classy, none of this wait 4 years for a sequel business.
They're filming one of them in the city at the moment i catch glimpses from time to time, not sure what they're up to though.

Smile like you mean it
Old 08-14-2002, 05:20 PM   #18
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

That is one fickle elf....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote