Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-01-2006, 02:44 PM   #41
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
Well, I just bought a six-pack of Stella Artois for the six remaining games. And I'm getting thirsty for some Stella.
You only drink one a game? Lightweight.

I down at least a sixer every game.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2006, 02:47 PM   #42
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
You only drink one a game? Lightweight.

I down at least a sixer every game.
Yeah.... I have young kids so drinking before they go to bed isn't an option. They are all asleep by the time the game is over though (thanks in part to my wife).

And, yes, I am a lightweight. But I sure do enjoy it when we win.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:06 PM   #43
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Hey if anyone wants to get good and pissed off, go look at what Fox has on the front of their NBA page..

http://www.foxsports.com/nba
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 03:40 PM   #44
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Hey if anyone wants to get good and pissed off, go look at what Fox has on the front of their NBA page..

Still no respect......

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 03:41 PM   #45
samoan-maverickII

samoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to all

Mavericks Win.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:15 PM   #46
RolandoP

RolandoP will become famous soon enoughRolandoP will become famous soon enough

Mavs 105
Suns 91
RolandoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 04:43 PM   #47
Flashman

Flashman is on a distinguished road
Cool

Good! The Mavs need to see press like this!
Flashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 04:49 PM   #48
Mavzy45

Mavzy45 will become famous soon enoughMavzy45 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco

"The Mavs had the Suns right where they wanted them prior to Game 4. But Steve Nash and his teammates refused to go back to Dallas facing elimination. Tonight, Phoenix has a chance to take a 3-2 lead and end the series at home in six"

That is the headline the link refers us to. Must be east coast bias, just as easily could have read.....The Mavs had the Suns right where they wanted them prior to Game 4. But Steve Nash and his teammates refused to go back to Dallas facing elimination. Tonight, Dallas has a chance to redeem themselves to take a 3-2 lead and end the series on the road in six in the desert.

Go figure, even after eliminating the Spur on the road...still no respect!

Go Mavs!

Mavzy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 05:07 PM   #49
Drbio
Banned

Respect is earned. Beating the Spurs was great but it didn't win the championship. The Mavs need to earn it and tonight they start that effort.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:11 PM   #50
VinceYoung10

VinceYoung10 will become famous soon enough

Mavs win 115-104
VinceYoung10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 05:15 PM   #51
Drbio
Banned

Time to dust off this photoshop.....

The Suns will be wondering who assaulted their ass so visciously after tonights game. The police will accordingly be looking for the usual suspects.

Last edited by Drbio; 06-01-2006 at 05:15 PM.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:24 PM   #52
Mavzy45

Mavzy45 will become famous soon enoughMavzy45 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
Respect is earned. Beating the Spurs was great but it didn't win the championship. The Mavs need to earn it and tonight they start that effort.
Doc, I agree, respect must be earned. However, the Suns have never won a championship to earn respect. I suppose you can count the two times they've made it to the finals (even tho they lost both times by 4-2 margins), that's further than the MAVS have been. Just ticks me off a bit! I'm with you, tonight's the night to to begin putting away all of the naysayers!

Go Mavs!

Mavzy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 05:43 PM   #53
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

The last 2 games have bothered me because it seems like the mavs can't seem to score against a supposed weak suns defensive team. I kinda feel like not having a low post scorer is what is hurting us a lot in this series because we can't exploit the suns small lineup.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 06:37 PM   #54
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

I m off to work...but go get them Mavs. We got this.

GO MAVS

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 07:14 PM   #55
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
Yeah.... I have young kids so drinking before they go to bed isn't an option. They are all asleep by the time the game is over though (thanks in part to my wife).

And, yes, I am a lightweight. But I sure do enjoy it when we win.
hehe,pussies... Its not a WCF if i dont see half a bottle of jack ampty... Though it makes the game that much harder to follow...
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 07:19 PM   #56
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

This has probably been asked before I'm sure but, why is Raja Bell getting so much media attention? He's only the 5th best player on the Suns roster but he's all I've heard about all week even though he only had 8 pts. & 1 reb. in game 1 and 9 pts. and 4 rebs. in game 4.
The guy is a scrub and I'm trying to figure out why he is the key player in this series all of a sudden.
mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 07:21 PM   #57
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs413
This has probably been asked before I'm sure but, why is Raja Bell getting so much media attention? He's only the 5th best player on the Suns roster but he's all I've heard about all week even though he only had 8 pts. & 1 reb. in game 1 and 9 pts. and 4 rebs. in game 4.
The guy is a scrub and I'm trying to figure out why he is the key player in this series all of a sudden.
Its a mental thing,the Suns are blaming his lose for their lack of energy and cordination so his sudden arrival should jump start their game.
In short,he's their scape goat.

edit scape goat.

Last edited by nowitzki_prophecy; 06-01-2006 at 07:24 PM.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 07:41 PM   #58
DirkGoesNuclear

DirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura aboutDirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura aboutDirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura about

F Nash. F Bell.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:44 PM   #59
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Checkin in.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 07:46 PM   #60
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Lets not let the Suns Scrubs beat us tonight. There is nothing more embarrassing than watching Raja and Barbosasa (bobbing his head up and down) do whatever they want.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:48 PM   #61
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Watching TNT it doesn't look like there is any electricity in the crowd. It looks dead.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:49 PM   #62
Nemesis
Diamond Member

TNT crew isn't gonna piss me off tonight. Coop is providing the volume.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:50 PM   #63
SlimBig
Golden Member

SlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really nice

Let's go boys.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:51 PM   #64
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Diop starting... yeah boy!
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 07:51 PM   #65
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Ok, I predict Raja Bell won't be able to buy an open jumper tonight. Too much press after the last game.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 07:51 PM   #66
SlimBig
Golden Member

SlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really nice

DAN CRAWFORD? kcuf.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:51 PM   #67
bigdgridiron

bigdgridiron has a spectacular aura aboutbigdgridiron has a spectacular aura about

Rowdy, proud and loud, baby.

Game on, Phoenix bitches.
bigdgridiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 07:52 PM   #68
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Ok, nevermind. They are like 45 seconds behind.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:53 PM   #69
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

It's good to see ole Danny Crawford's reffing this one.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:53 PM   #70
4cwebb
Golden Member

4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light

JHo with the first bucket...and a nice defensive play
4cwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 07:53 PM   #71
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Missing layups left and right.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:53 PM   #72
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdsanctuary
It's good to see ole Danny Crawford's reffing this one.
aren't the mavs 0-7 in playoffs games with danny crawford?
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 07:54 PM   #73
Nemesis
Diamond Member

What are we doing out there?
Old 06-01-2006, 07:54 PM   #74
4cwebb
Golden Member

4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light

ugly first shot by Terry --- don't think he needs to fall away from the basket with Nash guarding him.

poor transition d to allow Marion a layup.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:54 PM   #75
VinceYoung10

VinceYoung10 will become famous soon enough

how the hell did Nash get free throws out of that?

Can we please make a shot!
VinceYoung10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 07:55 PM   #76
SlimBig
Golden Member

what a gd terrible start. come on man.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:55 PM   #77
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Walk.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:55 PM   #78
4cwebb
Golden Member

good o-board from Diop, but he needs to finish that.

travel on Marion called...good call.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:55 PM   #79
SlimBig
Golden Member

You can call that all night on Marion
Old 06-01-2006, 07:55 PM   #80
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Finally Terry hits a shot.