Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 03:06 PM   #281
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
Woah, Sike, keep that info to yourself.
wrong thread, you jerk!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2006, 03:09 PM   #282
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

hahaha@5-0...
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Five-ofan again.

Last edited by Drbio; 10-10-2006 at 03:09 PM.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:10 PM   #283
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
wrong thread, you jerk!
well, this has about as much worthwile content as the other thread does so i figured i would at least try for a laugh. Plus its so much better when its unexpected.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:07 PM   #284
creditXpert2003
Banned

creditXpert2003 is infamous around these partscreditXpert2003 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLord
CreditX ... There is no attempt to hide who I am. People here know me because I write about basketball, specifically the Mavs. I used to play the game at the college level, but don't claim to have been great. I played 4 years, started for 3, but I'm just a guy who played, so what. I do think I understand some of the concepts of the game a bit better than most because of my background, but my writing has to speak for itself.

My life experience is not limited to writing about basketball so I tend to offer more fact-based articles rather than frothy descriptions of games and players. That's who I am. I told you about my research and level of expertise to inform, not to claim any sort of all-knowingness. The reason I mentioned it was because you didnt appear to know what I had written in the past and what my area of expertise is - while others here have read and been able to examine it for credibility for several years now.

As for the CBA, the cap, contracts, tax, and other issues of the like, you apparently have been persuaded by agents and attorneys that it is all a bunch of unknowable mumbo-jumbo. For the most part, I happen to disagree. Almost the entirety of what governs contracts is contained in the legal agreement written to govern those contracts, which is the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the NBA and its players. It is a long, complex, and very detailed document. But it is available for anyone to read, study, and digest to whatever extent they wish. The Standard Player Contract is standard - and also available to read and comprehend. I have taken the time to read those on multiple occasions and work through many of the issues myself, to try to ensure what I am writing is fact-based rather than crap. (You'll find my name on Larry Coon's FAQ as someone who has worked with him to correct errors in certain areas of his FAQ.) If I have a niche in my writing, it's this specific area.

Do I know it all? Nope. But I am leery of the concept that there are mysterious unknown factors at play here, that only an attorney could possibly comprehend. That sounds like a great sales pitch by an attorney to justify his fees, but the fact remains that the documents that limit and restrict these issues are public, and are written in English. They aren't simple, but they aren't restricted to only being understood by an attorney either.

The issues you raise re Josh and the Mavs are not CBA restrictions at all. Again, your point of view sounds like what an attorney or agent might tell a player to keep him in his pocket when the offer is not what they are looking for: "Player X, there are all these restrictions the Mavs are dealing with. I'm an attorney, I know these things, you just have to trust me on it. Stick with me and we will get a deal eventually but there are obstacles right now." But my experience in life makes me aware that usually the wizardry in Oz isn't all that complex, once you are behind the curtain.

These things are knowable - you just have to do a ton of work to get there, and simplify them. My value in the business world has always been in my ability of taking and digesting very complex issues, and then making them simpler and generally understandable to the client. That's what I try to do when I write.

In the case of Josh and the lack of a contract so far, what you outline is what's called negotiating, and not much more than that.

But there is nothing I know of to prevent the Mavs from offering Josh way more money than he should reasonably be asking, based on the kind of contracts similar players have gotten at this point in their career. Maybe he's a 45-50M player right now based on comparables, but the Mavs actually could offer him about 80M if they wanted to, under the rules. That's a ton of room to play with. So they arent limited from offering what he is worth due to some sort of "league restrictions." Instead, the problem is that the two sides disagree on what he is worth, apparently. Happens all the time but there is no mystery involved.

I invite you to read what what I write going forward at db.com. Agree, disagree, trash it, enjoy it. However I'm not here to argue or debate, much less berate you or anyone else, only to help inform. So it's time for me to step back and let you and the others discuss Josh's contract.

DL

PS - - - Re the following ...

FYI it wasnt an intentional dig at your choice of screen names. I was instead responding to your angle that you were more knowledgeable on the CBA than anyone else here because you played ball in Europe. I tend to ignore screen names, for the most part, and actually had to go back and look up what in the world you were referencing because I had no idea.

However I took a shot without thinking and didnt set a rational tone in replying or discussing the issue at hand. I try to be better than that when i spend time writing on a message board. My apologies.
I accept and will move forward in this issue. I too did not mean to even sound like I knew more simply because I has some experience at the next level. So my apologies back at you. Lets move past this issue and enjoy this message board. By any chance did you post on the Mavs message board on yahoo? I was curious to get your viewpoints from that message board. Most people here hated it, but to me I took the good with the bad and had a bunch of fun and friends over there.

I agree that most of this is from regular routine contract negotiating which I implied as well, but all this is still speculation. One thing that I do know is that teams will low-ball at this point milking time to get that special performance that comes from contract year play. To me, this is what this sounds like. I could be wrong, but this happens all the time.

I think you are right about agents and attorneys feeding us stuff about the complexity of the CBA. I think this happens to about 95% of the players. As you know we were taught to get their help so that we are not screwed. When you hear all this from players, you tend to listen and just go with the flow on what these agents and your lawyers tell you to do.

The thing is that as players we have so much going on that dealing with your most important part with the contract, we leave it to the so-called professionals to deal with it in your best interest.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:11 PM   #285
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by creditXpert2003
I accept and will move forward in this issue. I too did not mean to even sound like I knew more simply because I has some experience at the next level. So my apologies back at you. Lets move past this issue and enjoy this message board. By any chance did you post on the Mavs message board on yahoo? I was curious to get your viewpoints from that message board. Most people here hated it, but to me I took the good with the bad and had a bunch of fun and friends over there.

I agree that most of this is from regular routine contract negotiating which I implied as well, but all this is still speculation. One thing that I do know is that teams will low-ball at this point milking time to get that special performance that comes from contract year play. To me, this is what this sounds like. I could be wrong, but this happens all the time.

I think you are right about agents and attorneys feeding us stuff about the complexity of the CBA. I think this happens to about 95% of the players. As you know we were taught to get their help so that we are not screwed. When you hear all this from players, you tend to listen and just go with the flow on what these agents and your lawyers tell you to do.

The thing is that as players we have so much going on that dealing with your most important part with the contract, we leave it to the so-called professionals to deal with it in your best interest.

Once again (again) - what team did you play for? What's your experience with basketball? Do you have any insights that you could share with the common fan (other than CBA issues)?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 10-10-2006 at 04:12 PM.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:12 PM   #286
creditXpert2003
Banned

creditXpert2003 is infamous around these partscreditXpert2003 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
I asked once & you ignored me, so I'll ask again - what team did you play for? What are your credentials? This info would legitimize your opinion & strengthen your argument...
First off, where do you get legitimize here on a message board. I could care less who you or others are, where they worked, education background and etc. Give me your credentials so I can strengthen your value with myself..

Now you are beginning to sound like a avid NBA groupie wanting to see who I am. Ask DLORD if this is what it sounds like..I think he would agree...Dont worry about me or what I have done in the past. Move forward and accept me as CreditXpert2003. Simple as that....
Old 10-10-2006, 04:14 PM   #287
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
First off, where do you get legitimize here on a message board. I could care less who you or others are, where they worked, education background and etc. Give me your credentials so I can strengthen your value with myself..

Now you are beginning to sound like a avid NBA groupie wanting to see who I am. Ask DLORD if this is what it sounds like..I think he would agree...Dont worry about me or what I have done in the past. Move forward and accept me as CreditXpert2003. Simple as that....

Hey, I'm not the one claiming to have inside knowledge & experience with the NBA... Stop acting like you're hot shit if you won't answer a simple question...

Old 10-10-2006, 04:19 PM   #288
creditXpert2003
Banned

Quote:
Hey, I'm not the one claiming to have inside knowledge & experience with the NBA... Stop acting like you're hot shit if you won't answer a simple question...
No claims, just the fact on some inside knowledge. Sorry, but this is not middle school and you get your way. Why dont you get on your knees and beg like a dog, and see if I answer. Other than that, just assume I am not going to answer your question..

Dont forget to ask the entire their complete mailing address. Remember, like you say, it is a simple question
Old 10-10-2006, 04:23 PM   #289
Underdog

Quote:
No claims, just the fact on some inside knowledge. Sorry, but this is not middle school and you get your way. Why dont you get on your knees and beg like a dog, and see if I answer. Other than that, just assume I am not going to answer your question..

Dont forget to ask the entire their complete mailing address. Remember, like you say, it is a simple question

Why don't you take a long look at this thread you've created, then lecture me on acting like I'm in middle school...

I don't want you to bend to my will - I just want one team name you've played for so you'll stop looking like a LIAR in front of our fellow Mavs fans! (damn, I hope nobody from the Spurs boards picks up on this thread - what an embarrassment!)

Last edited by Underdog; 10-10-2006 at 04:25 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-10-2006, 04:35 PM   #290
creditXpert2003
Banned

Quote:
Why don't you take a long look at this thread you've created, then lecture me on acting like I'm in middle school...

I don't want you to bend to my will - I just want one team name you've played for so you'll stop looking like a LIAR in front of our fellow Mavs fans! (damn, I hope nobody from the Spurs boards picks up on this thread - what an embarrassment!)
Dont worry you just did that to the regulars. Lastly, look around to find where I created this thread. If you find it let me know. Keep up the good work on persistence. Every NBA groupie is just as persistent as yourself. Ever heard of cold shoulder? What about falling on death ears?
Old 10-10-2006, 04:52 PM   #291
Underdog

Quote:
Dont worry you just did that to the regulars. Lastly, look around to find where I created this thread. If you find it let me know. Keep up the good work on persistence. Every NBA groupie is just as persistent as yourself. Ever heard of cold shoulder? What about falling on death ears?

It's "falling on DEAF ears"...

If you actually go back & look at this thread, you'll notice that I was the FIRST person to defend you... I tried to talk you out of your mess, as did Chumdawg, but you just kept digging & digging...

I asked you what team you played for so you could shut the people up who were criticizing you - I figured your "experience" would be beneficial for everyone on this thread... Now you're making my sympathy look like foolishness...

Last edited by Underdog; 10-10-2006 at 04:52 PM.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:07 PM   #292
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Wow. This thread has sure esculated since last night.

One thing though credit, we don't bash DLord's posts because they are always insightful and they make sense. It's not because he's a sports writers. He makes points and backs them up well. Your points, which have actually included some good ones, weren't backed up well and weren't presented in an easy to read or organized manner. You seemed to assume that we'd know what you were talking about, or you just said it was too hard for us to understand. I don't think it's very smart on your part to join this board, be here for three days, and then criticize someone who has been researching and writing about basketball for years. We listen to what DLord has to say, and support it because he has built up respect here on this board. You haven't. We know that DLord is a credible source because we have been reading his work for a few years now. You have been here a few days, so you can't expect us to think of you as more credible than DLord. My advice to you, if you choose to listen, is too wrap up this debate and build up more respect on this board before you create a full blown huge issue like this again.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 10-10-2006, 05:14 PM   #293
creditXpert2003
Banned

Quote:
It's "falling on DEAF ears"...

If you actually go back & look at this thread, you'll notice that I was the FIRST person to defend you... I tried to talk you out of your mess, as did Chumdawg, but you just kept digging & digging...

I asked you what team you played for so you could shut the people up who were criticizing you - I figured your "experience" would be beneficial for everyone on this thread... Now you're making my sympathy look like foolishness...
Actually I meant "death". Kinda like the next step after deaf. As far as for asking for credentials to shut them up is NOT my worry. Did they give me their credentials? No..Do I want it? No...Actually, Chumdawg was the first to move forward and understood and agreed with what I was trying to say to them. I dont need to give ANYONE any credentials. People are people. They will follow who they want no matter what. To me, it seemed like their are too many posters that dont value others viewpoints unless it aligns up with theirs.

My post was my view-point. Simple as that. If you don't like it, just deal with it. I wont just go attack anothers view-point simply because that is their point of view. For example, if I think Kobe is the MVP, then that is my point of view. If you think differently so be it. If I call Howard the Mavs MIP, so be it. That is my GOD given right, and I dont have to provide credentials to back up my voice.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:20 PM   #294
creditXpert2003
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
Wow. This thread has sure esculated since last night.

One thing though credit, we don't bash DLord's posts because they are always insightful and they make sense. It's not because he's a sports writers. He makes points and backs them up well. Your points, which have actually included some good ones, weren't backed up well and weren't presented in an easy to read or organized manner. You seemed to assume that we'd know what you were talking about, or you just said it was too hard for us to understand. I don't think it's very smart on your part to join this board, be here for three days, and then criticize someone who has been researching and writing about basketball for years. We listen to what DLord has to say, and support it because he has built up respect here on this board. You haven't. We know that DLord is a credible source because we have been reading his work for a few years now. You have been here a few days, so you can't expect us to think of you as more credible than DLord. My advice to you, if you choose to listen, is too wrap up this debate and build up more respect on this board before you create a full blown huge issue like this again.
Ask DLORD did I attack him..He will tell you that I did not as well. I would never assume that I am more credible than anyone EVER. I just did not appreciate the name calling and smart insults because I felt Howard was the Mav's MIP according to my standards. That is the whole issue on this matter. When I posted, it never attacked anyone at all. I posted my viewpoint directed openly. In return, I get blasted for a whole day. That is where I had a problem. Then those young ones here who did most of the talking starting filling my reputation with negatives, so I get even more defensive towards them. If you could read some of those neg remarks you would feel the same. As for DLORD, we are both over it and have moved forward because we both mis-understood each other. Everything is fine with us. The problem is the young ones who just post to slam and hassle..
Old 10-10-2006, 05:26 PM   #295
Underdog

Quote:
Actually I meant "death". Kinda like the next step after deaf. As far as for asking for credentials to shut them up is NOT my worry. Did they give me their credentials? No..Do I want it? No...Actually, Chumdawg was the first to move forward and understood and agreed with what I was trying to say to them. I dont need to give ANYONE any credentials. People are people. They will follow who they want no matter what. To me, it seemed like their are too many posters that dont value others viewpoints unless it aligns up with theirs.

My post was my view-point. Simple as that. If you don't like it, just deal with it. I wont just go attack anothers view-point simply because that is their point of view. For example, if I think Kobe is the MVP, then that is my point of view. If you think differently so be it. If I call Howard the Mavs MIP, so be it. That is my GOD given right, and I dont have to provide credentials to back up my voice.

Actually, I WAS the first person to defend you - look at the last post on the first page of this thread, then look a quarter of the way down on the second page where YOU wrote: "You got my point exactly. Also importance is also defensive as well...."

And for the record - I never attacked your viewpoint (I actually DEFENDED it), I just wanted to know what team you played for (because I was INTERESTED in you, being new & all...)

Old 10-10-2006, 05:26 PM   #296
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Ask DLORD did I attack him..He will tell you that I did not as well. I would never assume that I am more credible than anyone EVER. I just did not appreciate the name calling and smart insults because I felt Howard was the Mav's MIP according to my standards. That is the whole issue on this matter. When I posted, it never attacked anyone at all. I posted my viewpoint directed openly. In return, I get blasted for a whole day. That is where I had a problem. Then those young ones here who did most of the talking starting filling my reputation with negatives, so I get even more defensive towards them. If you could read some of those neg remarks you would feel the same. As for DLORD, we are both over it and have moved forward because we both mis-understood each other. Everything is fine with us. The problem is the young ones who just post to slam and hassle..
You might not have directly attacked him, but before you said a couple times that you didn't care about what he was saying just cuz he's a sportswriter. You also asked why we didn't attack his posts, and I gave my reasoning in my last post.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 10-10-2006, 05:40 PM   #297
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Actually I meant "death". Kinda like the next step after deaf.
LOL what a moron

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 10-10-2006 at 05:41 PM.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:50 PM   #298
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

#298...wow..

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-10-2006, 05:59 PM   #299
creditXpert2003
Banned

Quote:
Actually, I WAS the first person to defend you - look at the last post on the first page of this thread, then look a quarter of the way down on the second page where YOU wrote: "You got my point exactly. Also importance is also defensive as well...."

And for the record - I never attacked your viewpoint (I actually DEFENDED it), I just wanted to know what team you played for (because I was INTERESTED in you, being new & all...)
I just went back and you did defend my viewpoint. I appreciate it, but you just have to understand that there were about 5-6 of them just getting out of hand towards me, so I did not know who is who when they replied. I just blasted back as I read it. As far as me playing, I never played in the NBA, I just did not make it there. I went to Portugal for a year an got back to the states as quick as I can. If you look back a bit, I talked alot bout me to Chumdawg a few pages back. As soon as Chumdawg opened up, I gave him that information because I felt we connected on what I was saying. Take a look back to see my reply to Chumdawg on a little of my background. Here early, it is hard to find friend from foe, so I went to my corner blasting back to some of these young ones here.

Sorry for any confusion, but please understand I have no ill intentions towards you at all..
Old 10-10-2006, 06:03 PM   #300
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure how you can play the old/mature role when you can't put together comprehensible posts. Almost nothing you say makes any sense, and your posts have so many errors and are so unorganized that I have to read it 3 times to figure out what you're trying to say.

And even then it comes across as dim witted. At least if you were young you would have an excuse, I guess you're just a stupid old man.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:08 PM   #301
creditXpert2003
Banned

Quote:
You might not have directly attacked him, but before you said a couple times that you didn't care about what he was saying just cuz he's a sportswriter. You also asked why we didn't attack his posts, and I gave my reasoning in my last post.
All that was afterwards not before. On top of that, it was directed to the posters who were slamming me because of my view points. Lastly, credentials mean nothing to me. I take people for face value. Not just because they are a sports-writer. Nothing intended on DLORD, but that goes for any career, even as for being a former player, I take it all the same. But, I do value former players opionion a bit more, because I can relate to them and I respect them more. When you have been in that fire you tend to respect players alot more. Even DLORD will tell you, most players cant stand sports-writers. This goes back a long time ago. Nothing personal, but DLORD will tell you as well, there have traditionally been a bad blood relationship with media/players. Namely because players feel that the media dont give them a fair shake.

Players normally respect former players when it comes to media people. That is why people value Magic alot with TNT. Anything he says, the players look at him as having walked the fire and now see things from their eyes.As for Barkley/Kenny they have alot of valid points, but they throw in bull crap for the ratings for the show. Players all know this and have fun with them. But if a regular sports-writer said the same thing as Barkley/Kenny then it would be alot of drama and they would be nailed from the NBA players association.

This is just how it works.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:20 PM   #302
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
All that was afterwards not before. On top of that, it was directed to the posters who were slamming me because of my view points. Lastly, credentials mean nothing to me. I take people for face value. Not just because they are a sports-writer. Nothing intended on DLORD, but that goes for any career, even as for being a former player, I take it all the same. But, I do value former players opionion a bit more, because I can relate to them and I respect them more. When you have been in that fire you tend to respect players alot more. Even DLORD will tell you, most players cant stand sports-writers. This goes back a long time ago. Nothing personal, but DLORD will tell you as well, there have traditionally been a bad blood relationship with media/players. Namely because players feel that the media dont give them a fair shake.
I understand this, but my point was that we don't just think that DLord is a credible source due to the fact he's a sportswriter. His posts are well though out, have good points, he supports those points in a well organized easy to read manner. His posts are informative as well. So if you throw out the fact he's a sportswriter, his posting still deserves some respect and can still be shown to be credible due to them being well thought out good points. Even without the credentials you should he that he is a credible source. That alone makes him worthy of some respect, and is a reason the posters on this board, including myself, value his posts. You came unto this board and through your posts it's shown that you wanted the same. You haven't built up the respect DLord has, even if you are a credible source their is no way for us to know that. That is the reason his posts weren't blasted, and yours were. It also has to do with the fact that his posts are presented in an organized manner, including no insults or anything. It is all on topic and well written.

Old 10-10-2006, 06:23 PM   #303
Drbio
Banned

What is more sad? That he doesn't realize how stupid, pompous and pathologically retarded he sounds or that he cannot frame a thought in a coherent sentence?
Old 10-10-2006, 06:24 PM   #304
creditXpert2003
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
I'm not sure how you can play the old/mature role when you can't put together comprehensible posts. Almost nothing you say makes any sense, and your posts have so many errors and are so unorganized that I have to read it 3 times to figure out what you're trying to say.

And even then it comes across as dim witted. At least if you were young you would have an excuse, I guess you're just a stupid old man.
Far from stupid or old, but I guess you are catechized enough to say that? I would never listen to a loquacious person like yourself when you post like this. Never mind how I decide to post, I just post and hit the submit button. When did a message board become the cream of society for spell check? See your last post farther proved that for the most part philistinism is a common trait in many who have blasted me simply because my view point was different. Now go break that down, Mr. Pundit...
Old 10-10-2006, 06:25 PM   #305
Drbio
Banned

The thesaurus is a wonderful thing.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:30 PM   #306
creditXpert2003
Banned

Quote:
I understand this, but my point was that we don't just think that DLord is a credible source due to the fact he's a sportswriter. His posts are well though out, have good points, he supports those points in a well organized easy to read manner. His posts are informative as well. So if you throw out the fact he's a sportswriter, his posting still deserves some respect and can still be shown to be credible due to them being well thought out good points. Even without the credentials you should he that he is a credible source. That alone makes him worthy of some respect, and is a reason the posters on this board, including myself, value his posts. You came unto this board and through your posts it's shown that you wanted the same. You haven't built up the respect DLord has, even if you are a credible source their is no way for us to know that. That is the reason his posts weren't blasted, and yours were. It also has to do with the fact that his posts are presented in an organized manner, including no insults or anything. It is all on topic and well written.
Do you not get it...He is a writer....That is his job EVERYDAY. If I was to post the same exact logic as DLORD, it would not come out the same, and some of you would blast just because. I can say, that I am well qualified to discuss the NBA and some of the dynamics, so what you say or think is not my worry. I post my thoughts. You can spell check all you want but I can do the same in your posts. Just re-read your last two messages.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:36 PM   #307
fluid.forty.one

Good lord this is fun
Old 10-10-2006, 06:52 PM   #308
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Do you not get it...He is a writer....That is his job EVERYDAY. If I was to post the same exact logic as DLORD, it would not come out the same, and some of you would blast just because. I can say, that I am well qualified to discuss the NBA and some of the dynamics, so what you say or think is not my worry. I post my thoughts. You can spell check all you want but I can do the same in your posts. Just re-read your last two messages.
I wasn't talking about you not spell checking, I could care less. I was talking about the way he organizes his ideas. I realize he's a writer, but his points and support are just flat out better. I'm just addressing the fact that in some of your previous posts you felt he wasn't qualified enough to discuss the "complicated things in the CBA". I'm pointing out that he is, and it's not just because he's a sports writer. There is a reason why his posts aren't blasted, and your are. I've already talked about it, but I guess you just fail to understand.

I was merely giving you my opinion in those previous posts about some of the things you were wondering about in your previous posts (like you being blasted while he wasn't). I was simply giving you a small bit of advice which might make your stay here a bit more pleasant.

Old 10-10-2006, 08:35 PM   #309
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Woe is me..you guys quit picking on me...

Stop typing and listen to what some folks are saying for a change willya and you wouldn't have posted half as much as you have. This whole thread has been a pissing match and you aren't winning it.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 10-10-2006, 09:28 PM   #310
Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud of

I know this is slightly different from the direction this thread has been going.

I read somewhere (Spurs Report, probably) that Tim Duncan was pretty upset because the year the Mavs drafted Josh Howard, the Spurs had a chance to take him, but declined (I forget what they did instead). Tim was PO'd at the Spurs FO big time--he knew that Josh was destined to be a great player someday.

I hope he gets the contract he deserves--I am sure he stays with the Mavs. It would be a great loss if he left and I don't think Cuban will let that happen.

Last edited by Big Shot Rob; 10-10-2006 at 09:29 PM.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:42 PM   #311
blahblehblah

blahblehblah is a jewel in the roughblahblehblah is a jewel in the roughblahblehblah is a jewel in the roughblahblehblah is a jewel in the roughblahblehblah is a jewel in the rough

As a fellow professional athlete I have to come to creditExpert’s defense!
And as a member of the current Dallas Mavericks I know exactly what he is talking about.

It is without a doubt that Erick Dampier is the MIP on the Mavs. Yes Dampier is the Most Indispensible Player, everyone on the team would agree. Now, before you guys argue or insult this statement, be aware MIP is common mavericks basketball terminology that refers to player the team has the hardest time getting rid of, waking up, pushing off the dinner table etc. Erick is by far the biggest, strongest and laziest among us and its hard to get rid of him… I realize that may not be the proper use of the word but anyone who played basketball on a professional level will know it. Sorry to use that terminology with you all. Clearly you dont understand MVP and M I(Indeispensible) Player in the world of professional sports. Anytime you take my post and say that I call Dampier the MVP over Dirk lets me know you are just a lowly lowly lowly fan.

Regarding Howard’s contract, creditExpert is right again. I am not an CBA expert but I do know there are 600+ CBA restrictions that hinder the deal ATM. I also do know that their is a difference between what the Mavs can offer now and after this season. It is hard for me to put it in words w/o an attorney, but their is alot of things behind the scene that the public dont have access to and I will try to have my agent Jery Mcguire explain it to you later.

So trust me when I say it is not "Cut" and "Dry" like most people think. I know this personally as a member of the Maverick . Jay-Mac aka jerry mcquire(I call him that cuz we are buddies) told me Howard should get 8-10 million but there are a lot of restrictions (600+) in place right now for an increase from his current contract for an early extension. It is alot more complicated than you think. I can personally name 60 of these restrictions.

However I wont reveal these restrictions as I don’t want to hold your lowly fan’s hand in this. Simply go research it on the CBA and scroll up or down or sideways. Its there in invisible ink somewhere… Jerry told me they were.

Lastly I noticed alot of double standards going on this cult forum. Not once did you guys correct any other posters beside THE WRONG POSTER during this thread… whats up with that? Why pick only on the person who is wrong? That shows u guys are a bunch of cult followers.

As for Dlord, im letting you know now, I wont be granting you any more interviews. And Dlord plz stop pretending you can possibly read the CBA, its not even in English man! Jerry told me No current NBA players can decipher it. It takes an attorney and ONLY an attornry to decipher the CBA, and a good one at that. That’s why we pay him 80% of our earnings.

P.S.
Don’t even think or DARE to ask me who I am or what my jersey number is! I don’t have to prove my credibility just because I’m the one who made the public claim to have it. Just know that I know!

Last edited by blahblehblah; 10-10-2006 at 09:47 PM.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:43 PM   #312
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Shot Rob
I know this is slightly different from the direction this thread has been going.

I read somewhere (Spurs Report, probably) that Tim Duncan was pretty upset because the year the Mavs drafted Josh Howard, the Spurs had a chance to take him, but declined (I forget what they did instead). Tim was PO'd at the Spurs FO big time--he knew that Josh was destined to be a great player someday.

I hope he gets the contract he deserves--I am sure he stays with the Mavs. It would be a great loss if he left and I don't think Cuban will let that happen.
to go in that direction since it gives me a chance to vent about something i hate, the rule that would have allowed the spurs to pick before the mavs is the single stupidest rule in the nba and that is saying something.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:23 PM   #313
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblehblah
And as a member of the current Dallas Mavericks I know exactly what he is talking about.

It is without a doubt that Erick Dampier is the MIP on the Mavs. Yes Dampier is the Most Indispensible Player, everyone on the team would agree. Now, before you guys argue or insult this statement, be aware MIP is common mavericks basketball terminology that refers to player the team has the hardest time getting rid of, waking up, pushing off the dinner table etc. Erick is by far the biggest, strongest and laziest among us and its hard to get rid of him… I realize that may not be the proper use of the word but anyone who played basketball on a professional level will know it. Sorry to use that terminology with you all. Clearly you dont understand MVP and M I(Indeispensible) Player in the world of professional sports. Anytime you take my post and say that I call Dampier the MVP over Dirk lets me know you are just a lowly lowly lowly fan.

Regarding Howard’s contract, creditExpert is right again. I am not an CBA expert but I do know there are 600+ CBA restrictions that hinder the deal ATM. I also do know that their is a difference between what the Mavs can offer now and after this season. It is hard for me to put it in words w/o an attorney, but their is alot of things behind the scene that the public dont have access to and I will try to have my agent Jery Mcguire explain it to you later.

So trust me when I say it is not "Cut" and "Dry" like most people think. I know this personally as a member of the Maverick . Jay-Mac aka jerry mcquire(I call him that cuz we are buddies) told me Howard should get 8-10 million but there are a lot of restrictions (600+) in place right now for an increase from his current contract for an early extension. It is alot more complicated than you think. I can personally name 60 of these restrictions.

However I wont reveal these restrictions as I don’t want to hold your lowly fan’s hand in this. Simply go research it on the CBA and scroll up or down or sideways. Its there in invisible ink somewhere… Jerry told me they were.

Lastly I noticed alot of double standards going on this cult forum. Not once did you guys correct any other posters beside THE WRONG POSTER during this thread… whats up with that? Why pick only on the person who is wrong? That shows u guys are a bunch of cult followers.

As for Dlord, im letting you know now, I wont be granting you any more interviews. And Dlord plz stop pretending you can possibly read the CBA, its not even in English man! Jerry told me No current NBA players can decipher it. It takes an attorney and ONLY an attornry to decipher the CBA, and a good one at that. That’s why we pay him 80% of our earnings.

P.S.
Don’t even think or DARE to ask me who I am or what my jersey number is! I don’t have to prove my credibility just because I’m the one who made the public claim to have it. Just know that I know!
ROTFLMAO
Old 10-10-2006, 10:47 PM   #314
scorched03

scorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the rough

why the worry.

has cuban ever not signed a young player?
he usually takes care of his players... lafrentz, eschmeyer, najera. almost everyone but nash when it came down to it.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:18 PM   #315
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

P.S.

Greatness....pure greatness...
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 10-11-2006, 12:40 AM   #316
fluid.forty.one

Quote:

P.S.
Best

Ever
Old 10-11-2006, 10:24 AM   #317
Five-ofan
Guru

if you dont give blah rep for that post, you are the gay love slave of creditXpert. I really wish i could give him multiple reps for one post. Very rarely does a post literally make me LOL but that one suceeded. That post alone should get him passed 3 green boxes.

Last edited by Five-ofan; 10-11-2006 at 10:25 AM.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:30 AM   #318
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

This is my favorite thread of all time. right behind "I would like to welcome our new poster, "WomanBreast40356" " because it had he word breast in it.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:46 AM   #319
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
if you dont give blah rep for that post, you are the gay love slave of creditXpert. I really wish i could give him multiple reps for one post. Very rarely does a post literally make me LOL but that one suceeded. That post alone should get him passed 3 green boxes.
He received an IMMEDIATE positive rep from me. I laughed so hard I hurt myself.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:57 PM   #320
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

We never should've released Pavel.

Tags
classic threads, creditxpert2003