Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-25-2011, 12:02 AM   #1
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute
Default WCF Game Five: Thunder @ Mavs

The time is NOW, ladies and gentlemen.

Monday night we all sat and watched as Durant sank that 3 ball to put the Thunder up 15 with 5 minutes to go. I'd say more than a few of us said "well... 3 game series, with two games at home". I'll tell you one person who did NOT think that.

Dirk Nowitzki.

The German Mongoose ripped Durantual and company limb from limb as they climbed back into the game and took control of the series 3-1.

But this Mavericks team isn't done yet. There is still business to take care of... and believe me, it WILL be taken care of.

One more game until the Mavericks take their talents to South Beach. Go Mavs.

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 05-25-2011 at 12:04 AM.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2011, 12:09 AM   #2
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Old 05-25-2011, 12:11 AM   #3
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

24 hours from now....what will we be saying... Tantalizing.

The Canucks finished their S out in five games tonight at home. Mavs need to follow that lead.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:15 AM   #4
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Time to shovel the dirt on top of OKC's grave.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:15 AM   #5
OSU_MAV

OSU_MAV is a jewel in the roughOSU_MAV is a jewel in the roughOSU_MAV is a jewel in the roughOSU_MAV is a jewel in the roughOSU_MAV is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
The time is NOW, ladies and gentlemen.

Monday night we all sat and watched as Durant sank that 3 ball to put the Thunder up 15 with 5 minutes to go. I'd say more than a few of us said "well... 3 game series, with two games at home". I'll tell you one person who did NOT think that.

Dirk Nowitzki.

The German Mongoose ripped Durantual and company limb from limb as they climbed back into the game and took control of the series 3-1.

But this Mavericks team isn't done yet. There is still business to take care of... and believe me, it WILL be taken care of.

One more game until the Mavericks take their talents to South Beach. Go Mavs.
Awesome! Very well done sir!

Let's end this thing, GO MAVS!
Old 05-25-2011, 12:15 AM   #6
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

It's ours now, and we're not giving it back! Time to finish the deal, and put one more foe aside.

We are so close to our ultimate goal now, that we can see it. And we like what we see.

The foot is on the throat, and it's not coming off.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:16 AM   #7
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Let's close this f*cker at home. No need for game 6. This playoff run is seeming more and more like destiny. The planets are aligning for a long-awaited Mavs championship.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:16 AM   #8
kenny_817

kenny_817 is infamous around these parts

No talking...just win
kenny_817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:17 AM   #9
jcm28

jcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to all

Lets win this á lá game 4 vs. the Lakers and hope that the Chicago-Miami series goes seven games.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:18 AM   #10
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:39 AM   #11
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

F'em!!!!!!
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:51 AM   #12
robo98564

robo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of light

I think we run away with this one. The Thunder looked like someone ran over their puppy at the end of game four (and who could blame them). I think the writing is on the wall, and the Mavs roll.

GO MAVS!
robo98564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:00 AM   #13
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be surprised if the Thunder are even competitive in this game by the second half. They looked pretty spent last night, and I don't know if one day is enough to come back from that with the still young leaders they have.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:03 AM   #14
AngieO41

AngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to behold

It's my birthday today and a Mavs win would be super duper awesome.

Kick some ass yo!!!
AngieO41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:36 AM   #15
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

i say start roddy, jjb, and mahimni
Old 05-25-2011, 02:09 AM   #16
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
i say start roddy, jjb, and mahimni
Don't forget Butler and Cardinal.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 05-25-2011 at 02:09 AM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:16 AM   #17
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Don't forget Butler and Cardinal.
Cardinal is our closer, the 6th man.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:24 AM   #18
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

I am confident that we'll close out the series tonight, but I don't think the Thunder will roll over just like that. They have nothing to lose and they will be eager to show everyone that they are better than this. So we have to be super-focused and all business. Keep the defensive intensity up until we lead by 30 with 3 minutes to go in the game.

Go MAVS!!!
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:37 AM   #19
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

I think the Thunder roll over. See Mavs v Lakers Game 4.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:39 AM   #20
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Just finish them!

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:47 AM   #21
beatLA

beatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the rough

It's good for them being an underdog.But Mavs are hungry,do what you did in Game 4 vs Lakers.Go!!!!
Old 05-25-2011, 02:55 AM   #22
beatLA

beatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I'd be surprised if the Thunder are even competitive in this game by the second half. They looked pretty spent last night, and I don't know if one day is enough to come back from that with the still young leaders they have.
Their coach just kept saying 'play harder','We got 12 minutes to play,play harder'.They are so exhausted.He's so poor at encouraging his players.
Old 05-25-2011, 03:11 AM   #23
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Beat Miami to the punch!

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:26 AM   #24
croco

croco has a spectacular aura aboutcroco has a spectacular aura aboutcroco has a spectacular aura about

I don't think it will be a blowout, a lot of wins this postseason have been reasonably close and the Thunder don't have the type of team that will just give up once they face adversity. I expect the Mavs to win nonetheless though.
croco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:38 AM   #25
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Go Mavs! Finish!!
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:30 AM   #26
reflexred

reflexred is on a distinguished road

uhm, can someone tell me, whats up with this wojnarowski guy on yahoo sports?

he has portland in 4, la in 5 and even after the sweep okc in 5.

does he hate the mavs or is he just plain stupid?

or am i just don't getting it and he's trying to jinx all the mavs opponents :-o

anyway, blowout tonight. go mavs.
reflexred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:38 AM   #27
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

LetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant future

Old 05-25-2011, 06:49 AM   #28
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Let's close this bitch out!

GO MAVS!!!!

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:55 AM   #29
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

The blood is in the water, and the Mavs will not let up until they have devoured their wounded prey.

The time is NOW!

Mavs win.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:26 AM   #30
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

we don't need game 6.we need some rest...close this tonight please.

go mavssssssssssssss
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:40 AM   #31
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Go to sleep...

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:46 AM   #32
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Go Mavs!!!!!
Old 05-25-2011, 07:54 AM   #33
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

End it tonight, the Thunder will put up a fight tonight at the beginning!
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:03 AM   #34
Gray Sage

Gray Sage is on a distinguished road

Time for Ritt der Walküren!

Gray Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:05 AM   #35
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Any moment we are 10+ up they will roll over.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:06 AM   #36
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

we need to end this tonight.
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:07 AM   #37
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I certainly hope the mavs aren't thinking the thunder will roll over. They are NOT a tired lakers bunch with a whole crap-load of outside committments and internal struggles to deal with. Vacation looked good to them.

IMO vacation does not look so good to the young thunder group, if the mavs go in it thinking the thunder will roll over they are going to get their rear-ends handed to them.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:10 AM   #38
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Stomp them bitches one last time.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:36 AM   #39
beatLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Any moment we are 10+ up they will roll over.
They will.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:54 AM   #40
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

I could really use an early birthday present. Let's dooooo this.