Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-18-2015, 04:04 PM   #881
Twenty4sevenn

Twenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to all

If Durant leaves OKC, he's going home to DC.
Twenty4sevenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2015, 04:56 PM   #882
tsar

tsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty4sevenn View Post
If Durant leaves OKC, he's going home to DC.
Would love to see that actually. Forgot he's from DC.

Back to Rondo and Thursday..... I can't wait for this game, it's almost like the start of a fresh season.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:37 PM   #883
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
I'd love for Kevin Durant to play in Dallas, but I really would hate to be in the position to figure out how to make such a trade work. That'd be very complicated. There are a number of guys I don't want to see leave right now. Sure, he's a better player than anyone on our team right now. I give him that, but is he worth multiple stars? I wouldn't say that. IMHO Monta Ellis, Dirk Nowitzki, and Tyson Chandler are all untouchable. And who wants Chandler Parson's contract? It was devised so that it would be untradable.

Then there is Rondo. OKC does not need him. The only player the Thunder likely want from Dallas is Tyson Chandler.
Yes he's worth multiple stars. I don't want to trade dirk because of his history but outside of That? I'd trade just about everyone for him
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 06:17 PM   #884
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsar View Post
Would love to see that actually. Forgot he's from DC.

Back to Rondo and Thursday..... I can't wait for this game, it's almost like the start of a fresh season.
No kidding. It was rough going into the All-Star break, even though the team's record didn't suffer really. Two injuries just 3 minutes apart was just terrible, and the freak injury that occurred to Rajon Rondo by his very own teammate not too long before that was also crazy. The fact that all 3 of these guys will be playing as well as newcomer Amar'e is certainly reason to be excited. Let's go Mavs, and bring us some June basketball!
Old 02-19-2015, 12:18 PM   #885
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Rondo working with Holger!
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 12:36 PM   #886
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
Rondo working with Holger!
#championshipbound

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 02:18 PM   #887
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 03:50 AM   #888
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Help me Rhonda.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 05:48 AM   #889
Oberon

Oberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of light

Ugh, that was tough to watch.

I don't know how much time we should give him honestly but so far it's not working out. I was excited when the deal was done, but two months later now I'm somewhat disillusioned. Rondo does not seem to fit in our system. He can't make shots and slows down the game, two things that hurt our offense. Defensively he is ok, better than Nelson of course, but that doesn't make up for his flaws so far.

However, I also blame this on Rick. He can't find a way for this team to play their best. Most players look uncomfortable in their roles. If his team continues to play as bad as this, it would just be a waste of talent because we have the best roster in years (which, nevertheless, seems to have it's flaws).
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 09:04 AM   #890
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Rick: "He's a little tired"...."I know he did not shoot well".

So if he is tired then tell me why he took 9 shots in this game ?

Every time we made a run, Rondo killed our rhythm with his stupid "rainbow layups", long jumpshots and turnovers.

Last edited by markus1234; 02-20-2015 at 09:06 AM.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:10 AM   #891
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Nine shots is like nothing. We did not lost because of those nine shots. We lost because of our pathetic rebounding, and it was just a cold shooting night on top of that. Of course those increasingly happen against good competition, which is alarming.

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 02-20-2015 at 09:10 AM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 04:06 PM   #892
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
Nine shots is like nothing. We did not lost because of those nine shots. We lost because of our pathetic rebounding, and it was just a cold shooting night on top of that. Of course those increasingly happen against good competition, which is alarming.
Yes killing the flow of the offense is what hurt us more than missing 7 shots.
Old 02-20-2015, 04:32 PM   #893
bilease

bilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
Yes killing the flow of the offense is what hurt us more than missing 7 shots.
Did you expect everything to be perfect right away? Sure it could (should) have been better yesterday, but it's basically a fresh start, lets give them time. Rondo was certainly not responsible for Monta's 2-13, Parsons 3-12, Tyson's 4-10 (which is low considering he's at 70% for the season) or Dirks 6-16 shooting. As bad as yesterdays game was I wouldnt blame Rondo for it in particular, I would blame (almost) everyone.
bilease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 05:05 PM   #894
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs' offense looked pretty janky for several of the games Rondo missed. The problem extends far beyond him. But he certainly hasn't helped matters.

I actually think his awful FT shooting and the effect it has on his confidence may be a bigger issue than his poor jump shot. There are plenty of players throughout the league who get by with bad jumpshots. Rondo's not comfortable driving to the basket, either, so he's constantly in no man's land.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 05:07 PM   #895
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Mavs' offense looked pretty janky for several of the games Rondo missed. The problem extends far beyond him. But he certainly hasn't helped matters.

I actually think his awful FT shooting and the effect it has on his confidence may be a bigger issue than his poor jump shot. There are plenty of players throughout the league who get by with bad jumpshots. Rondo's not comfortable driving to the basket, either, so he's constantly in no man's land.
Pretty much my assessment. When we are bad WITH him and also bad WITHOUT him, its a chemistry issue, a coaching issue, or a personnel issue. Rondo may be a bad fit, but our funk isn't JUST him.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 05:19 PM   #896
markus1234
Platinum Member

Sorry but we looked much better without him on offense.

Last edited by markus1234; 02-20-2015 at 05:26 PM.
Old 02-20-2015, 05:28 PM   #897
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Pretty much my assessment. When we are bad WITH him and also bad WITHOUT him, its a chemistry issue, a coaching issue, or a personnel issue. Rondo may be a bad fit, but our funk isn't JUST him.
I think there are too many square pegs on this roster. Where's that "balance and bastards" thread when we need it?
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 05:31 PM   #898
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsar View Post
I wonder if we would be able to make a move towards KD in free agency 2016?
New TV contract and it looks like the cap gonna take one huge jump that year to 80+mio.

The 2016 will be crazy as sh*t and my guess is that 20+ teams are able to throw a max deal at Durant...probably also the Mavs with our core 5 locked up.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 05:49 PM   #899
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
I think there are too many square pegs on this roster. Where's that "balance and bastards" thread when we need it?
http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showth...lance+bastards

Old 02-20-2015, 05:50 PM   #900
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
Sorry but we looked much better without him on offense.
Mavs were shooting porrly without him. Stop the nonsense.
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 06:13 PM   #901
bvbull200

bvbull200 will become famous soon enough

Correlation does not imply causation.

I get that the offense changed a bit when Rondo came, but putting this offensive slump solely at his feet is a bit misguided. He missed, what, 7 games? The offense looked no better during that stretch than it has during his time on the floor. Guys have missed wide open shots, driven to the basket with no plan, and made terrible unforced turnovers. How many time did the ball go right through Bernard James' hands last night? Easy passes for an NBA player to catch, too. I get that he is on a 10-day contract, but I'm just asking him to catch the ball, that's all. Can't put dumb turnovers like that on Rondo.

Ellis needs to get to the rack and do SOMETHING. Parsons needs to hit open shots or slash to the hoop. Dirk needs to stop holding the ball with his back to the basket for 5 seconds, only to kick the ball back out to a player that isn't in position to be a threat. Dirk is absolutely KILLING the offense when he catches the ball in the medium post. He can't shoot right now, he is barely enough of a threat to find the open man when a team is crazy enough to double-team him, and when he does try to hit a man in a scoring threat, he turns it over. That leaves him lobbing the ball back out to Devin Harris standing 5 feet beyond the 3 point line with 6 seconds on the shot clock.

If you want my opinion, Dirk has been the biggest issue with the offense in the past 2 months.
bvbull200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 06:59 PM   #902
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvbull200 View Post
If you want my opinion, Dirk has been the biggest issue with the offense in the past 2 months.
I'd look at Monta before I'd look at Dirk. If you take out the clippers game where Monta left for injury he has 35 free throws in 12 games. He has 55 3's in those same games. 11 of those free throws came in a game against Twolves. So take those out and it's down right awful. Monta is the number 1 option/playmaker on this team, and as of late he isn't attacking the same as he did earlier in the year. His ft's per game have been going down progressively from almost 5 to start the year to 2.6 for the month of Februrary. While his 3's have increased from 3.5 to 4.6. He never gets love from refs but if he doesn't attack the rim and put pressure on defenses this offense isn't the same IMO.

I agree with the rest of the post though. Whole team looks awful right now on offense and don't even box out on defensive rebounding opportunities either.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 08:17 PM   #903
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Must spread rep... thanks broski!
Old 02-20-2015, 08:26 PM   #904
spreedom
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
I'd look at Monta before I'd look at Dirk. If you take out the clippers game where Monta left for injury he has 35 free throws in 12 games. He has 55 3's in those same games. 11 of those free throws came in a game against Twolves. So take those out and it's down right awful. Monta is the number 1 option/playmaker on this team, and as of late he isn't attacking the same as he did earlier in the year. His ft's per game have been going down progressively from almost 5 to start the year to 2.6 for the month of Februrary. While his 3's have increased from 3.5 to 4.6. He never gets love from refs but if he doesn't attack the rim and put pressure on defenses this offense isn't the same IMO.

I agree with the rest of the post though. Whole team looks awful right now on offense and don't even box out on defensive rebounding opportunities either.
Must spread rep... this is some good info!
Old 02-21-2015, 08:25 AM   #905
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk commenting on Rondo last night (after win against Rockets) By Tim Cato @tim_cato on Feb 21, 2015, 12:08a

http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2015/2/...ess-conference

Dirk on Rondo working with Holger: "I feel like Holger can give him confidence in some of his shots. we know this league is a lot about confidence, stepping into your shots when they're there, making free throws is important. But it's hard. Holger's not here all year. He's here for like two week stretches and then he's gone for like a month and a half. I'm not sure if it helped him, you'll have to ask him what he thought of it, you know. He was watching one of my workouts the other day when he was hurt with his face, and I said, 'If you want to work with Holger, now is the time. You're out anyway. You're more than welcome.' And Holger obviously loves challenges in his life so they've been doing it for like the last two weeks. But Holger left today, so there's that."

Dirk on whether there's some routine Rondo can learn that helps him: "It's hard. I've been doing it obviously for 20 years, he's gone for six weeks and I look like I haven't shot with him for forever. Obviously that's when mistakes creep in. But, you know, even if he gives him one quote to think about when he shoots -- get the ball up, the rotation of the ball, how to grab the ball -- even if he has one point to think about that helps him."

Dirk on Cuban's idea of Holger staying in Dallas for longer than two weeks: "Yeah, then we need to get him an apartment now. I can't have him in the house all year long, I'd go nuts. If that's the case then Cuban can pay for an apartment."

Dirk, asked if he doesn't just have another wing of his house to put Holger in: "I do, but I'd still run into him every once in a while. He's [already] stealing one of my cars for two or three weeks straight. [laughs] No, I mean, he obviously has his life in Germany. Sometimes obviously I wish he could be here for long stretches but the important thing is usually during the playoffs he's here for the whole time and he's going to get there, have a good run again, help me out and help them out as well."

Last edited by dirt_dobber; 02-21-2015 at 08:26 AM.
dirt_dobber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 12:59 PM   #906
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Amazing. I love that you guys still reference this thing after all these years.

This is my first visit to dallas-mavs in over ten years. You guys are all still here!
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 01:24 PM   #907
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
Dirk commenting on Rondo last night (after win against Rockets) By Tim Cato @tim_cato on Feb 21, 2015, 12:08a

http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2015/2/...ess-conference

Dirk on Rondo working with Holger: "I feel like Holger can give him confidence in some of his shots. we know this league is a lot about confidence, stepping into your shots when they're there, making free throws is important. But it's hard. Holger's not here all year. He's here for like two week stretches and then he's gone for like a month and a half. I'm not sure if it helped him, you'll have to ask him what he thought of it, you know. He was watching one of my workouts the other day when he was hurt with his face, and I said, 'If you want to work with Holger, now is the time. You're out anyway. You're more than welcome.' And Holger obviously loves challenges in his life so they've been doing it for like the last two weeks. But Holger left today, so there's that."

Dirk on whether there's some routine Rondo can learn that helps him: "It's hard. I've been doing it obviously for 20 years, he's gone for six weeks and I look like I haven't shot with him for forever. Obviously that's when mistakes creep in. But, you know, even if he gives him one quote to think about when he shoots -- get the ball up, the rotation of the ball, how to grab the ball -- even if he has one point to think about that helps him."

Dirk on Cuban's idea of Holger staying in Dallas for longer than two weeks: "Yeah, then we need to get him an apartment now. I can't have him in the house all year long, I'd go nuts. If that's the case then Cuban can pay for an apartment."

Dirk, asked if he doesn't just have another wing of his house to put Holger in: "I do, but I'd still run into him every once in a while. He's [already] stealing one of my cars for two or three weeks straight. [laughs] No, I mean, he obviously has his life in Germany. Sometimes obviously I wish he could be here for long stretches but the important thing is usually during the playoffs he's here for the whole time and he's going to get there, have a good run again, help me out and help them out as well."
I love this.
Old 02-21-2015, 01:34 PM   #908
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by madape View Post
Can't be an epic thread without longevity!

Old 02-21-2015, 01:37 PM   #909
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

This is my first visit to dallas-mavs in over ten years. You guys are all still here!
It's yet another thread that should be preserved in a Classics sub-forum...if we had one.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 03:55 PM   #910
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Good to hear from you - I just started posting again after a long absence as well
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 11:04 AM   #911
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

*disclaimer and f/disclosure - I was for the Rondo trade

Do you tolerate and live with the good/ignore the bad?

per ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
NBA's Bottom Four in Points Per Play this season? Rondo (0.65), Lance (0.68), Perk (0.68) and MCW (0.71)

So if Rondo gets you the assists and defense do you live with the above stat?
Are Charlotte fans OK with Lance's poor production?
Are Cleveland fans fine with Perkins toughness worth the 5.5 reb and 4pts production?

Last edited by dirt_dobber; 02-23-2015 at 11:16 AM.
dirt_dobber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 11:54 AM   #912
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

NBA's Bottom Four in Points Per Play this season? Rondo (0.65), Lance (0.68), Perk (0.68) and MCW (0.71)

Are Cleveland fans fine with Perkins toughness worth the 5.5 reb and 4pts production?
If it doesnt hinder Parsons from getting the touches he needs, sure. But Im still skeptical of his defense. We'll know this week how that goes
Are Charlotte fans OK with Lance's poor production? No, they tried to get rid of him already
Are Cleveland fans fine with Perkins toughness worth the 5.5 reb and 4pts production? Having Mozgov, Perkins is just a minute guy to give the others rest, so yeah
Old 02-23-2015, 01:52 PM   #913
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

You do realize that it has been very popular amongst these "journalists" to troll about how inefficient Rondo is and how he hurts Dallas' offensive flow? Literally almost everyone has made a trolling article when they leave out all the benefits on defense or just make a little mention like there is no effect whatsoever. The past two years nobody cared to write about Rondo but now they are doing it with flashy titles to get some extra clicks.

It is good that Stein was able to dig out Rondo's numbers for this season. Can you ask him to dig out numbers when Rondo has worn Mavericks' uniform also? Or perhaps you are able to make a case how good Celtics' players were in turning Rondo's passes into assists...

Perhaps you could dig out numbers how much Nelson gave points per play so we could actually start comparing the two with each other?

I hope that one day all these Rondo complainers finally come up with a name who Mavericks need to have instead of him. Were you able to take Nelson's non-existent defense if he helped to spread the floor?
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 02:37 PM   #914
bvbull200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post

I don't disagree, but it is probably a chicken vs. the egg sort of thing. I still think that it goes back to Dirk being indecisive and ineffective with the ball. I don't think that Monta is attacking less because he is playing poorly, I think he is doing it less because Dirk is doing less to create space for him and he is preventing the ball from rotating quickly, which is also conducive to Monta driving the lane.

Rondo hasn't been perfect, but I haven't had any trouble seeing how he can (and likely will) help this team. Carlisle was about 4 minutes late putting him in against Houston when it looked like every Mav had never seen a full-court press before. Besides that, he had a quality 3rd period and, at times, has a calming effect on the offense.
Old 02-23-2015, 02:53 PM   #915
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Is that just personal ppg or overall offense per player? Rondo has never had a high ppg total. And his last two games he is shooting very well from the field.

Everyone thinks they're a master of advanced stats these days. I feel they are very oversaturated and could be brought up for or against any player in the league. I want Rondo to do more as much as the next person, but the constant harping on him (from others not you specifically dirt) is getting old.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 02-23-2015 at 02:54 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 03:24 PM   #916
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Is that just personal ppg or overall offense per player? Rondo has never had a high ppg total. And his last two games he is shooting very well from the field.

Everyone thinks they're a master of advanced stats these days. I feel they are very oversaturated and could be brought up for or against any player in the league. I want Rondo to do more as much as the next person, but the constant harping on him (from others not you specifically dirt) is getting old.
There wouldn't be a need to harp on him if he was as good as advertised.
Old 02-23-2015, 04:51 PM   #917
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There wouldn't be a need to harp on him if he was as good as advertised.
But see...defense just isn't sexy or a stat the most of the media/fans care about. It does, however, work quite nicely in the playoffs. The Mavs are so much better defensively than they were before the trade. Now, that obviously isn't all due to Rondo, but I think the trade sent a message that the defense needs to be fixed. Players have taken that memo seriously for the most past. The main area where the team still needs to improve is 3 point defense.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 02-23-2015 at 04:52 PM.
Old 02-23-2015, 04:56 PM   #918
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
But see...defense just isn't sexy or a stat the most of the media/fans care about. It does, however, work quite nicely in the playoffs. The Mavs are so much better defensively than they were before the trade. Now, that obviously isn't all due to Rondo, but I think the trade sent a message that the defense needs to be fixed. Players have taken that memo seriously for the most past. The main area where the team still needs to improve is 3 point defense.
Where was that great D when Westbrook was lighting us up the other day? I believe Harris can defend just as well as Rondo.
Old 02-23-2015, 05:03 PM   #919
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Where was that great D when Westbrook was lighting us up the other day? I believe Harris can defend just as well as Rondo.
Probably the team getting back into the groove after a week off. Lots of good teams struggled their first game back from break.

And he shut Westbrook down when the teams played in late December.

Old 02-23-2015, 05:17 PM   #920
bvbull200

Quote:
Stop it. Harris can't defend nearly as well as Rondo.

The Mavs had 17 TOs against the Thunder and gave up 21 offensive rebounds. Not to mention they played awful, uninspired defense top to bottom. Those things conspire to help a really good player have very robust numbers. I'm not taking anything away from Westbrook, and I'm not absolving Rondo of any fault for playing about as poorly as his peers, but the Mavs as a whole were just awful that night.

Ibaka had 21 points and 22 rebounds in that game. Are you prepared to say you think that Tyson Chandler doesn't have great D or is a poor rebounder? Could you say that Greg Smith or Bernard James can defend and rebound just as well as Tyson Chandler?

Tags
goat offense, jameer nelson goat