Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 11-26-2006, 02:25 AM   #81
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

So...Nellie whipped out the zone and made them into bitches? Is that correct?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2006, 02:27 AM   #82
some-dude

some-dude has a spectacular aura aboutsome-dude has a spectacular aura aboutsome-dude has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
So...Nellie whipped out the zone and made them into bitches? Is that correct?
pretty much.
some-dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 02:36 AM   #83
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by some-dude
Hey, I was at the game too...hey wait, weren't you sitting right next to me

Anyway, as for the game, the Warriors zone defense killed the Jazz. It was the first time they had really seen it all year and they werent able to adjust. Deron Williams didnt impress me all that much. He had a lot of lazy passes and didn't show up in the 4th like he usually does...most of his stats came in the 1st..and the Jazz lost that quarter 27-14.

AK seemed lost and Boozer and Memo were non-existant...only bright side for the Jazz was Millsap and Fisher.

As for the purpose of the thread, they are now 12-2 and they are for real despite this loss.
Haha yep, it was awesome . I was impressed by D-Will even though like you pointed out he had some lazy passes. The zone really screwed up the Jazz'x offense, it just seemed very stagnant with no flow to it. But yes, the Jazz are real but I still don't see them winning a title this year.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."

Last edited by nashtymavsfan13; 11-26-2006 at 02:37 AM.
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 04:14 PM   #84
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

So does nellie still say he doesn't have any players that can play defense or has he finally quit blathering about it and just went all d'antoni?

I think he really should, talking like he gives a crap about defense just hurts his credibility and takes away offensive practice time.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 04:16 PM   #85
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Oh, goodness, do I ever. In fact, I talked today with a guy who is sort of a mentor of mine, and who predates me in terms of Mavericks fandom. We were talking about Nellie at Golden State. He said that he would be happy to trade a chance at an NBA title for regular seasons year in and year out that were fun to watch and follow.

And of course, I fully agreed. You are quite right, FFO. There is a "have fun" element to being a fan, which cannot be substituted for. I think you have cut right to the heart of the matter.
Dallas really isn't a "entertainment town", they are a winners town. It works for a while, but if you aren't honestly competing for a championship you aren't getting it done in dallas.

I understand how teams that have been down for so long want any kind of excitement and it's great. But sooner or later they want to take another step, that's when nellie stumbles it seems.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 04:39 PM   #86
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
So does nellie still say he doesn't have any players that can play defense or has he finally quit blathering about it and just went all d'antoni?

I think he really should, talking like he gives a crap about defense just hurts his credibility and takes away offensive practice time.
I'm not sure, but the defense looked darn good yesterday, looked like the players were really concentrating on it in a genuine effort on that end.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 11-26-2006, 04:44 PM   #87
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Winning is fun no matter what style you play.

Now it you're going to be mediocre then yes, it's better to do it with Nellie's run and gun than Mike Fratello's squeeze the air out of the ball offense.
Old 11-26-2006, 04:52 PM   #88
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleefilled
I'm just amazed that Don Nelson can make a game plan to pull the pants down on the Jazz who have been literally unbeatable this year. Boozer, Kirilenko, and Okur combined for 12 points?

I really want Nellie to coach team USA in the next Olympics.
I'm pretty sure that Satan is already coaching Team USA. But maybe Nellie will get a shot once Coach K's tenure over.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 09:46 PM   #89
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Magic beating the Jazz 33-25 with 8:44 to go in the 2nd.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 11:05 PM   #90
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Ugly game to watch. I'd be surprised if the Jazz cracked 70 points when it's all said and done. Count me in as not impressed with the Jazz.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 11:09 PM   #91
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

12-3 looks a lot more "mortal" than 12-1. They're going to crack soon.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 11:22 PM   #92
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

The Jazz managed to make things somewhat interesting for a while late in 4th but the Magic pulled away at the end. D.Howard is a beast with 21 points and 16 rebounds.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:56 AM   #93
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

D.Howard is amazing....I like him so much more than that punk Amare.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 01:15 AM   #94
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

For real? Were the 04-05 Sonics for real? Because that's about where I see the Jazz.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 01:29 AM   #95
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
D.Howard is amazing....I like him so much more than that punk Amare.
Amen. He's an awesome player and he has a much better head on his shoulders. His work ethic is great. The Orlando Magic certainly knew what they were doing when they looked at his background.

Old 11-28-2006, 01:44 AM   #96
some-dude

some-dude has a spectacular aura aboutsome-dude has a spectacular aura aboutsome-dude has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
For real? Were the 04-05 Sonics for real? Because that's about where I see the Jazz.
I dont buy the Sonic comparison one bit. They had no interior post game whatsoever and played zero defense. The Jazz have a good post game with Boozer and they play good defense.

If anything a Clipper comparison of last year is good. You have Brand and Kaman comparable to Boozer and Okur to go along with Dwill and then Cassell.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:49 AM   #97
some-dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleDipping
Ugly game to watch. I'd be surprised if the Jazz cracked 70 points when it's all said and done. Count me in as not impressed with the Jazz.
One or two games shouldn't change your opinion. If you play well for 12 games and then struggle with 2, more than likely the 12 wins is more relevant to what kind of team you have.

Nonetheless, Jazz are in a very slight funk right now, but Sloan knows his team well. He wont let in continue for very long. Look for a nice bounceback game vs the Spurs imo.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:03 AM   #98
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I dont buy the Sonic comparison one bit. They had no interior post game whatsoever and played zero defense. The Jazz have a good post game with Boozer and they play good defense.

If anything a Clipper comparison of last year is good. You have Brand and Kaman comparable to Boozer and Okur to go along with Dwill and then Cassell.
Right, because last year's Clippers were so much better than the 05 Sonics? Sorry, don't buy it.

AK47 is a nice player, and Deron Williams looks great, but I'm thoroughly unconcerned about the Jazz.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:30 AM   #99
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

Quote:
One or two games shouldn't change your opinion. If you play well for 12 games and then struggle with 2, more than likely the 12 wins is more relevant to what kind of team you have.

Nonetheless, Jazz are in a very slight funk right now, but Sloan knows his team well. He wont let in continue for very long. Look for a nice bounceback game vs the Spurs imo.
Consistency is the key here. Teams can get out of the gate red hot but can they be consistent? I can't see a crew comprised of Boozer, Okur and Deron Williams do that.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:43 PM   #100
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

The Jazz are good, get over it. As good as us? Hell no. But still I would put them behind the Mavs, Spurs, Suns, Clippers, and Rockets when the seasons done.

The reason no one gives them any credit is obviously due to all the injuries they have suffered the past two seasons. Seriously, now that they are healthy they are winning? Big shocker there. Although I must say like everyone else I had no idea Boozer could play that hard, he is actually earning that contract (finally). No way in hell they remain top dog though, but with that conference they are guaranteed a top four seed anyway so my guess is we'll be seeing them in the second round.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 12:15 AM   #101
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Seems after tonight this thread deserves our continued attention
Old 11-30-2006, 12:22 AM   #102
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:

His point was the Sonics played very well, then finished poorly and did nothing in the playoffs that year.

Old 11-30-2006, 12:30 AM   #103
some-dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
His point was the Sonics played very well, then finished poorly and did nothing in the playoffs that year.
Yes, but the reason they did well in regular season was they were able to score 110+ per game and outscore their opponents. The reason they did bad in the playoffs was because when facing teams in a 7 game series, there lack of defense came back to haunt them as the "fastbreak teams can never win"..."defense win championships" sayings came back into play. On the otherhand, Jazz are a well-rounded team. Capable of scoring 110+ a night...or holding their opponent in the 70's as they did to the Spurs tonight...Something Sonics couldnt do.

Thus the only way in which so far they are similar is they got off to hot starts, other than that they are 100% different teams.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:33 AM   #104
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yes, but the reason they did well in regular season was they were able to score 110+ per game and outscore their opponents. The reason they did bad in the playoffs was because when facing teams in a 7 game series, there lack of defense came back to haunt them as the "fastbreak teams can never win"..."defense win championships" sayings came back into play. On the otherhand, Jazz are a well-rounded team. Capable of scoring 110+ a night...or holding their opponent in the 70's as they did to the Spurs tonight...Something Sonics couldnt do.

Thus the only way in which so far they are similar is they got off to hot starts, other than that they are 100% different teams.
Yes they are different team, neither I nor him is saying different than that. His point was that he feels the hot start is a fluke and that they won't be able to finish out the season as strong and then won't do well in the playoffs. That's where the comparison fits, and why he brought it up. He's saying the Jazz are not for real because of this. I agree with him.

Old 11-30-2006, 12:43 AM   #105
some-dude

Quote:
Yes they are different team, neither I nor him is saying different than that. His point was that he feels the hot start is a fluke and that they won't be able to finish out the season as strong and then won't do well in the playoffs. That's where the comparison fits, and why he brought it up. He's saying the Jazz are not for real because of this. I agree with him.
3-0 and 4-0 is a hot start. 13-3 is not a hot start...it's a damn good team playing team ball. Its safe to say along with Spurs and Mavs, they are the West's elite this year.

And what makes you feel like they wont finish out season strong? Is it simply because you are not used to seeing Utah up top in the standings so you assume they will fall? I must tell you this is by far the best team Utah has had since the Malone-Stockton era. And Coach Sloan is an elite coach in the NBA. He wont let this team lose its focus when April comes around. You can count on that.

This Utah Jazz team is here to stay.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:47 AM   #106
TheBlueVan
Golden Member

TheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to all

sloan is a great coach, the team is young and talented, but i see them slipping to probably the four or five seed come playoff time. they seem like the kind of team that will wear/slow down, especially after the all-star break. a great record through 16 games does not make a team elite...
TheBlueVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 12:56 AM   #107
some-dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueVan
sloan is a great coach, the team is young and talented, but i see them slipping to probably the four or five seed come playoff time. they seem like the kind of team that will wear/slow down, especially after the all-star break. a great record through 16 games does not make a team elite...
I'll agree to that. But then you can't call team like the Mavs or Spurs elite as of now

You'll can bring up the argument that the Mavs and Spurs are proven 50+ win teams year in and year out,thus they are elite. However you can't compare this Jazz teams to past Jazz teams as an argument for them not being elite. They were never healthy and didnt have Deron Williams, nor nearly the depth on the bench. And yet even without Boozer for over half the season plus no Fisher and Ak in and out of lineup they mustered up 41 wins...with them i see they ending with around 50-55.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:57 AM   #108
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
3-0 and 4-0 is a hot start. 13-3 is not a hot start...it's a damn good team playing team ball. Its safe to say along with Spurs and Mavs, they are the West's elite this year.

And what makes you feel like they wont finish out season strong? Is it simply because you are not used to seeing Utah up top in the standings so you assume they will fall? I must tell you this is by far the best team Utah has had since the Malone-Stockton era. And Coach Sloan is an elite coach in the NBA. He wont let this team lose its focus when April comes around. You can count on that.

Like BlueVan said, 16 games doesn't make a team elite. I don't consider them elite yet and I am not convinced they are real. That's my opinion. If they are still top three by the All-Star break then they can be considered real. They need to prove it. 16 games isn't enough.

Old 11-30-2006, 01:00 AM   #109
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
I'll agree to that. But then you can't call team like the Mavs or Spurs elite as of now

You'll can bring up the argument that the Mavs and Spurs are proven 50+ win teams year in and year out,thus they are elite. However you can't compare this Jazz teams to past Jazz teams as an argument for them not being elite. They were never healthy and didnt have Deron Williams, nor nearly the depth on the bench. And yet even without Boozer for over half the season plus no Fisher and Ak in and out of lineup they mustered up 41 wins...with them i see they ending with around 50-55.
The Mavs and Spurs are considered elite because of them being serious contenders yearly for the past 6 or so years. The reason the Jazz can't be considered elite yet is because they haven't proven it yet. Yes they had injuries and are a better team than they were last year, but a team isn't considered elite just because "it's a better team than last year" or "it was injuries that held them back". The way I see it is they have proven nothing yet.

Old 11-30-2006, 01:35 AM   #110
TheBlueVan
Golden Member

TheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to all

ive seen the jazz's potential building for years, its nice to see them playing good, fundamentally sound basketball. i find it funny that sloan was "on the hot seat" last year
TheBlueVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 02:58 AM   #111
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

The Jazz are the shizzle fo nizzle. They'll be around.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:10 PM   #112
some-dude

For those who have not yet seen Utah play since they have not played the Mavs yet, nor had any televised games, they are playing the Lakers on TNT tonight. Should be a competitive game.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:45 PM   #113
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I dont know about why everyone else thinks they will fall off but my personal thoughts are that im just waiting for the inevitable losses that come when Boozer and Ak are both out for prolonged stretches. I do like this team if it can stay healthy though...I can see the deron williams is kidd with a jumper comparisons now.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 07:07 PM   #114
bigdaddy

bigdaddy is infamous around these partsbigdaddy is infamous around these partsbigdaddy is infamous around these partsbigdaddy is infamous around these partsbigdaddy is infamous around these partsbigdaddy is infamous around these parts

Quote:

sonics did nothing in the playoffs?

they got to the 2nd round and took the champion spurs to 6 very tough games.

they did well in the playoffs
bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 11:53 PM   #115
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Boozer's 20 game injury should hit pretty soon. There's no way he'll keep up this pace. Just look at his career numbers. He's a pretty good player, but I've watched him for a long time and he's no 21 and 13 guy.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 03:28 AM   #116
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

This is why you can't consider them an elite team yet. They are 13-4, losing 3 of the last 4. They are starting to cool down. I'm not saying that just cuz they got killed tonight means they are cooling off, but losing 3 of the last 4 seems to me to indicate that they are cooling down.....

Old 12-01-2006, 04:25 AM   #117
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

They are certainly going to have trouble in the playoffs if they can't guard shooting guards. They gave up 57 Redd not too long ago and just gave up 52 to Kobe (in three quarters). With all the great shooting guards out there in the NBA, that's not exactly a formula for success.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 09:52 AM   #118
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is why you can't consider them an elite team yet. They are 13-4, losing 3 of the last 4. They are starting to cool down. I'm not saying that just cuz they got killed tonight means they are cooling off, but losing 3 of the last 4 seems to me to indicate that they are cooling down.....
it's starting to look that way. By the time we play them 10 days from now, we could be ahead. Likely hte Spurs will be too.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:58 AM   #119
some-dude

It looks like they showed us something tonight....
Old 01-22-2007, 02:07 AM   #120
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

*bump*

Okay, does anyone still think the Jazz are "for real?"