Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 10-27-2008, 07:13 PM   #1
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future
Default White supremesists threaten obama/ go to jail

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081027/.../skinhead_plot

Feds disrupt skinhead plot to assassinate Obama

By LARA JAKES JORDAN, Associated Press Writer Lara Jakes Jordan, Associated Press Writer – 18 mins ago

This undated photo obtained from a MySpace webpage shows Daniel Cowart, 20 of AP – This undated photo obtained from a MySpace webpage shows Daniel Cowart, 20 of Bells, Tenn. holding a …

WASHINGTON – Two white supremacists allegedly plotted to go on a national killing spree, shooting and decapitating black people and ultimately targeting Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama, federal authorities said Monday.

In all, the two men whom officials describe as neo-Nazi skinheads planned to kill 88 people — 14 by beheading, according to documents unsealed in U.S. District Court in Jackson, Tenn. The numbers 88 and 14 are symbolic in the white supremacist community.

The spree, which initially targeted an unidentified predominantly African-American school, was to end with the two men driving toward Obama, "shooting at him from the windows," the court documents show.

"Both individuals stated they would dress in all white tuxedos and wear top hats during the assassination attempt," the court complaint states. "Both individuals further stated they knew they would and were willing to die during this attempt."

An Obama spokeswoman traveling with the senator in Pennsylvania had no immediate comment.

Sheriffs' deputies in Crockett County, Tenn., arrested the two suspects — Daniel Cowart, 20, of Bells, Tenn., and Paul Schlesselman 18, of Helena-West Helena, Ark. — Oct. 22 on unspecified charges. "Once we arrested the defendants and suspected they had violated federal law, we immediately contacted federal authorities," said Crockett County Sheriff Troy Klyce.

The two were charged by federal authorities Monday with possessing an unregistered firearm, conspiring to steal firearms from a federally licensed gun dealer, and threatening a candidate for president.

Cowart and Schlesselman are being held without bond. Agents seized a rifle, a sawed-off shotgun and three pistols from the men when they were arrested. Authorities alleged the two men were preparing to break into a gun shop to steal more.

Jasper Taylor, city attorney in Bells, said Cowart was arrested on Wednesday. He was held for a few days in Bells, then moved over the weekend to another facility.

"It was kept under lid until today," Taylor said.

Until his arrest, Cowart lived with his grandparents in a southern, rural part of the county, Taylor said, adding that Cowart apparently never graduated from high school. He moved away, possibly to Arkansas or Texas, then returned over the summer, Taylor said.

Attorney Joe Byrd, who has been hired to represent Cowart, did not immediately return a call seeking comment Monday. Messages left on two phone numbers listed under Cowart's name were not immediately returned.

No telephone number for Schlesselman in Helena-West Helena could be found immediately.

The court documents say the two men met about a month ago on the Internet and found common ground in their shared "white power" and "skinhead" philosophy.

The numbers 14 and 88 are symbols in skinhead culture, referring to a 14-word phrase attributed to an imprisoned white supremacist: "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children" and to the eighth letter of the alphabet, H. Two "8"s or "H"s stand for "Heil Hitler."

Court records say Cowart and Schlesselman also bought nylon rope and ski masks to use in a robbery or home invasion to fund their spree, during which they allegedly planned to go from state to state and kill people. Agents said the skinheads did not identify the African-American school they were targeting by name.

Jim Cavanaugh, special agent in charge of the Nashville field office for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco Firearms and Explosives, said authorities took the threats very seriously.

"They said that would be their last, final act — that they would attempt to kill Sen. Obama," Cavanaugh said. "They didn't believe they would be able to do it, but that they would get killed trying."

He added: "They seemed determined to do it. Even if they were just to try it, it would be a trail of tears around the South."

An ATF affidavit filed in the case says Cowart and Schlesselman told investigators the day they were arrested they had shot at a glass window at Beech Grove Church of Christ, a congregation of about 60 black members in Brownsville, Tenn.

Nelson Bond, the church secretary and treasurer, said no one was at the church when the shot was fired. Members found the bullet had shattered the glass in the church's front door when they arrived for evening Bible study.

"We have been on this site for about 120 years, and we have never had a problem like this before," said Bond, 53 and a church member for 45 years.

The investigation is continuing, and more charges are possible, Cavanaugh said. He said there's no evidence — so far — that others were willing to assist Cowart and Schlesselman with the plot.

At this point, there does not appear to be any formal assassination plan, Secret Service spokesman Eric Zahren said.

"Whether or not they had the capability or the wherewithal to carry out an attack remains to be seen," he said.

Zahren said the statements about the assassination came out in interviews after the men were arrested last week.

The Secret Service became involved in the investigation once it was clear that an Obama assassination attempt was part of this violent far-reaching plot.

"We don't discount anything," Zahren said, adding that it's one thing for the defendants to make statements, but it's not the same as having an organized assassination plan.

Helena-West Helena, on the Mississippi River in east Arkansas' Delta, is in one of the nation's poorest regions, trailing even parts of Appalachia in its standard of living. Police Chief Fred Fielder said he had never heard of Schlesselman.

However, the reported threat of attacking a school filled with black students worried Fielder. Helena-West Helena, with a population of 12,200, is 66 percent black. "Predominantly black school, take your pick," he said.

___

Associated Press writers Erik Schelzig in Nashville, Tenn., Jon Gambrell in Little Rock, Ark., and Eileen Sullivan in Washington contributed to this report.

Old 10-27-2008, 08:53 PM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

good...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:06 PM   #3
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

What is wrong with people?
Old 10-27-2008, 11:44 PM   #4
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

The US Secret Service is the best protection you can get on this planet next to Israel's Mossad - the only people who could touch Obama would have to be working for one of the elite governments of the world (America, Britain, Russia, Israel... Unless, of course, Chuck Norris was a white supremacist!)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:45 PM   #5
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
good...
Let's get something out of the way: I'm the first to laugh at some of the absurd comments you make and I truly get your comedy, and I know you're gonna come back saying you don't give a damn cause that's what I expect you'll do, cause I know you don't, but damn....

Just had to clear that up, one joke I can't take out of 100 you make that I laugh at is ok to me.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:16 AM   #6
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Well at least this is something we can all agree on!!! There is no room for this type of hatred and this type of real life action. These fools deserve to be arrested and put away for a very long time!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 09:58 AM   #7
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70 View Post
Let's get something out of the way: I'm the first to laugh at some of the absurd comments you make and I truly get your comedy, and I know you're gonna come back saying you don't give a damn cause that's what I expect you'll do, cause I know you don't, but damn....

Just had to clear that up, one joke I can't take out of 100 you make that I laugh at is ok to me.
I'm pretty sure he meant good that they were caught, not good that someone is trying to shoot Obama.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 10:23 PM   #8
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyjg1205 View Post
家乐酒店坐落于朝阳区垡头地区,地处全区的政治、经济、文化、科技、经贸中心、内外环境优雅、服务功能齐全 ,集住宿、餐饮、商务会议、健身、娱乐、旅行、等多功能于一体,亦是目前垡头地区规模最大,条件最优的重要 活动场所和接待中心。   总建筑面积6000余平方米客房装饰豪华典雅, 现有客房260套,共有豪华标间、高级标准间210间,并设有餐厅等服务设施、能同时接待200余人住宿就 餐。餐饮部特聘国家级烹调技师料理川、粤、豫、东北菜激烈,兼营西餐。南北大菜、中西风味应有尽有,可满足 顾客不同口味的需求。   家乐酒店交通便利、四通八达,距国贸仅3公里。包括北京经济型酒店 北京如家快捷酒店 朝阳区折扣酒店 朝阳区经济型酒店 北京特价酒店本酒店商务中心可办代办飞机票、火车票、等业务。          地址:朝阳区垡头地区个园38号邮编:100023总台电话: 010-67201010    总台传真: 010-67201010E-mail:jljh8@126.com
That's a very astute point and I completely agree with you.

Last edited by mary; 12-10-2008 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Disabled links
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 12:41 AM   #9
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

You kidding me? Did you even read his third sentence?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:26 AM   #10
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
The US Secret Service is the best protection you can get on this planet next to Israel's Mossad - the only people who could touch Obama would have to be working for one of the elite governments of the world (America, Britain, Russia, Israel... Unless, of course, Chuck Norris was a white supremacist!)

I really question this one.

KGB, ROK special forces, and a few others are quite good, including the Chinese.

There are also several other Merc groups that I think could probably plan and carry through with an assassination attempt -- if the money was right.

I do not mean to demean the US Secret Service @ all though. They are quite good.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:12 AM   #11
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
I really question this one.

KGB, ROK special forces, and a few others are quite good, including the Chinese.

There are also several other Merc groups that I think could probably plan and carry through with an assassination attempt -- if the money was right.

I do not mean to demean the US Secret Service @ all though. They are quite good.
I don't disagree that a few other elite military groups could get to the president, but I doubt you'd find many capable mercs willing to do it for money (historically, presidential assassins end up dead...)

My point being that if some random white-power redneck with a civilian rifle happens to assassinate the president, chances are it was an inside job... This ain't the '60s and it ain't the movies (but then again, maybe it is a movie - why couldn't the ground-to-air missile pods on the Pentagon shoot down a simple commercial airliner on 9/11?)

[conspiracy theories is fun, sucka!]

Last edited by Underdog; 12-10-2008 at 10:13 AM.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:19 AM   #12
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
My point being that if some random white-power redneck with a civilian rifle happens to assassinate the president, chances are it was an inside job...
yeah...
Old 12-10-2008, 10:24 AM   #13
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Isn't this type of talk somewhat bad kharma?
Old 12-10-2008, 11:27 AM   #14
alexamenos
Diamond Member

i don't think it creates any kharma one way or the other....it's just an expression of the curiousity that while most assassinations in history have involved power struggles by and among the powers that be, only in america in the last 46 years are have irrelevant, marganilized and insane loners been commonly culprits in killing powerful folks.

Vince Foster of course is an exception to the rule, inasmuch as it is most fair to say that he was killed by someone in or close to the powers-that-be.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:13 PM   #15
92bDad
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
i don't think it creates any kharma one way or the other....it's just an expression of the curiousity that while most assassinations in history have involved power struggles by and among the powers that be, only in america in the last 46 years are have irrelevant, marganilized and insane loners been commonly culprits in killing powerful folks.

Vince Foster of course is an exception to the rule, inasmuch as it is most fair to say that he was killed by someone in or close to the powers-that-be.
Wasn't Vince' death tied to the Clinton's?

What a world we live in...here's hoping for the best from the liberal loons taking over the country...may that not wreck this country as bad as the last liberal loons to be in charge
Old 12-10-2008, 06:16 PM   #16
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70 View Post

I was saying "good" to them going to jail.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 06:28 PM   #17
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
Wasn't Vince' death tied to the Clinton's?

What a world we live in...here's hoping for the best from the liberal loons taking over the country...may that not wreck this country as bad as the last liberal loons to be in charge
Yeah, because the last 8 years of Republican control have made us wealthier, safer and more respected worldwide...

[get over your "Left vs Right" mentality - the rulers of this country are part of one big club and you ain't in it...]

Last edited by Underdog; 12-10-2008 at 06:28 PM.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:04 PM   #18
92bDad
Platinum Member

Quote:
Yeah, because the last 8 years of Republican control have made us wealthier, safer and more respected worldwide...

[get over your "Left vs Right" mentality - the rulers of this country are part of one big club and you ain't in it...]

That is where you are wrong.

The last 2 years have been controlled by the Democrats...a fact I hope people remember in 2010!!!

Prior to 1998, it had been something like over 40 years of Democrat control.

The Reps had a very short window of opportunity and the leftist leaning press has done a great job of spinning things to create a very negative view.

With that, there has been some pretty stupid decisions/choices made by both sides...for one the Republicans didn't stand up to the leftist attacks... the Republicans actually reached across the aisle and chose to forgo some more traditional conservative priciples. They made more than their fair share of attempts to find middle ground and work with the left...only to find themselves sucked into some pretty poor liberal policies and now they are getting blamed.

If anything the Republicans didn't show enough backbone to squelch leftist politics.

The Rebuplicans need to get out of the middle and stand up for a more conservative ideology.

...dang it, you got me to bite again...I'm sick of political talk...Your either for America or against her, there is no inbetween!!!
Old 12-11-2008, 04:14 PM   #19
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
Your either for America or against her, there is no inbetween!!!
Everyone is for America that I have read on this board.

Of course it is for an America the way "I" want it to be, but everyone is for America.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 04:31 PM   #20
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

I personally am rooting for Texas. F Oklahomo.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote