Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 06-29-2002, 09:53 PM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

SOUTHFIELD, Michigan (CNN) -- A Detroit woman whose two small children died in her car while she was getting her hair styled has been taken into custody, police said.

"There's no excuse for it. This woman's a criminal. I'm going for murder one," said Southfield Chief of Police Joseph E. Thomas.

The woman confessed that she left her 10-month-old daughter and 3-year-old son in her 1995 black Dodge Neon for more than three hours Friday afternoon, Thomas said.

Tara Maynor, 25, was a regular at Utopia Salon of Southfield, where she had an appointment Friday to have her hair curled, said the shop owner, Bruce Moore.

Around 11 p.m. Friday, officers responded to Providence Hospital on a report that the bodies of the two children had been brought in by their mother.

The girl, Acacia Darcell Maynor, and her older brother, Adonnis Dominuque Maynor, were pronounced dead at the hospital, police said.

The mother initially told investigators she had been abducted from the parking lot of the salon, raped, and then returned to her car, which was in the lot.

There, she said, she found her children still inside the car, according to Thomas.

But late Friday night, she confessed that she had left the children unattended in the car for more than three hours during the afternoon, while she was having her hair done, Thomas said.

"The temperature was in the mid 80s," he said. "It had to be between 115 and 120 degrees in that car."

<u>After the mother discovered her children were dead, she drove around for about an hour, &quot;trying to conjure up an excuse for her actions,&quot; Thomas said.

Only after concocting the rape story did she take the children to Providence Hospital, Thomas said. </u>

The woman is being held in the Oakland County Jail Southfield Annex &quot;pending further review by the prosecutor's office, which will probably come early next week,&quot; said Det. John Harris.

Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2002, 10:18 PM   #2
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Isn't that only manslaughter, since she clearly did not have the intent????
Old 06-29-2002, 11:58 PM   #3
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Doc, we don't have to go to Michigan to get stories like this... you just wouldn't believe what's going on next door, across the street...

worse, worse things... people you think you know...
Old 06-30-2002, 12:14 AM   #4
Drbio
Banned

sadly smiles....I know.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 06-30-2002, 12:22 AM   #5
Drbio
Banned

scooter- yes. It just pisses me off when adults hurt children. Kids don't know any better and they automatically trust older people. The people that should be protecting them at all costs are killing them, ignorance or not, it just makes me ache. Children are the world. People who violate the trust of a child should be punished with extreme prejudice.
Old 06-30-2002, 08:47 AM   #6
dallmav

dallmav is on a distinguished road

Anyone that leaves their children in the car, with the windows rolled up in heat like that, ought to be killed with a slow death. That is just plain stupidity. Just like the old term goes. Stupid people shouldnt breed. Well she is one of them.
dallmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2002, 09:44 AM   #7
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Well, Doc, you know I support capital punishment.

Wonder if this Shenaynay character can plead mental retardation? If stupidity is a defense, then CP is going to be even more under-applied.

Unless this woman is a completely soulless animal, she's got to be in a sick state of shock. And there are probably grandparents to think of too.

This is just sick....
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2002, 09:56 AM   #8
Drbio
Banned

It's a very very sad situation. You cannot describe the pain involved with words.
Old 07-01-2002, 07:52 AM   #9
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

<< Well, Doc, you know I support capital punishment.

Wonder if this Shenaynay character can plead mental retardation? If stupidity is a defense, then CP is going to be even more under-applied.

Unless this woman is a completely soulless animal, she's got to be in a sick state of shock. And there are probably grandparents to think of too.

This is just sick....
>>

I think she got over the shock as she was driving around in the car fabricating a story to tell the police.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2002, 10:19 AM   #10
Drbio
Banned

Well done Dooby. The defense rests.