Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 11-01-2004, 10:26 PM   #1
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Houston extends McGrady

HOUSTON -- The Houston Rockets have signed two-time NBA scoring champion Tracy McGrady to a multi-year contract extension.

McGrady, who has three years and $47.1 million left on his current deal, has been extended for an additional four years that are worth $85.7 million, ESPN Insider Chad Ford reports. McGrady will make $14.4 million this season; his salary in the last year of his contract, the 2010-11 season, is $24.1 million.

Before he was traded to the Rockets in June from Orlando, McGrady had vowed to exercise the opt-out clause in his contract, which had three years remaining. The clause was to go into effect at the end of this coming season.

"I'm pretty happy about that. It's one thing I can get off my mind," McGrady told Houston television station KRIV.

Rockets owner Les Alexander said in a news release that team officials now would set their efforts on All-Star center Yao Ming.

"We hope to sign him to a long-term contract as soon as allowable,'' he said.

Besides McGrady, the blockbuster trade in June also sent Juwan Howard, Tyronn Lue and Reece Gaines to Houston. Orlando in return got Steve Francis, Cuttino Mobley and Kelvin Cato.
Old 11-01-2004, 10:37 PM   #2
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light
Default RE:Houston extends McGrady

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
HOUSTON -- The Houston Rockets have signed two-time NBA scoring champion Tracy McGrady to a multi-year contract extension.

McGrady, who has three years and $47.1 million left on his current deal, has been extended for an additional four years that are worth $85.7 million, ESPN Insider Chad Ford reports. McGrady will make $14.4 million this season; his salary in the last year of his contract, the 2010-11 season, is $24.1 million.

Before he was traded to the Rockets in June from Orlando, McGrady had vowed to exercise the opt-out clause in his contract, which had three years remaining. The clause was to go into effect at the end of this coming season.

"I'm pretty happy about that. It's one thing I can get off my mind," McGrady told Houston television station KRIV.

Rockets owner Les Alexander said in a news release that team officials now would set their efforts on All-Star center Yao Ming.

"We hope to sign him to a long-term contract as soon as allowable,'' he said.

Besides McGrady, the blockbuster trade in June also sent Juwan Howard, Tyronn Lue and Reece Gaines to Houston. Orlando in return got Steve Francis, Cuttino Mobley and Kelvin Cato.
AP was reporting 3 years 63 mill..but bleh..85 mill over 4 years is a lot for a shooting guard
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 01:26 AM   #3
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Houston extends McGrady

The Blazers and Randolph agreed to an extention as have the Warriors with Murphy and Richardson.
Old 11-02-2004, 11:08 PM   #4
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

Is it just me or will the Rockets suck this season? TMac and Yao will get theirs, but there is not too much depth behind them 2.

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 11:11 PM   #5
cheesestar
Golden Member

cheesestar will become famous soon enough

rockets lost to the pistons tonight...yao and tmac didnt look that good
cheesestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 12:46 AM   #6
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

OzMavs, Yao better not get his, he's on my fantasy league team. But i see a shaded future for Houston. They will be battling LA and Sac for those last seeds.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 12:49 AM   #7
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I'm also not very sure Houston will be all that good this season..personally I think he may have been better off staying with Orlando. It'll be interesting to see how the two teams do

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 09:26 AM   #8
Steve13

Steve13 will become famous soon enoughSteve13 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: OzMavs
Is it just me or will the Rockets suck this season? TMac and Yao will get theirs, but there is not too much depth behind them 2.
Jim Jackson, Howard, Taylor are good players..and charlie ward can hit open shots. Bob sura will certainly help them when he returns. Houston didn't look great last night but who does against Detroit? they stayed close till the 4th even when their best two players couldn't do anything...I expect them top get a top 5 seed. They need time to gel as a team.
Old 11-03-2004, 10:17 AM   #9
4cwebb
Golden Member

4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light

As the Pistons proved against the Lakers in the finals, if any team knows how to stop a good big man and a dominant SG/SF, it's the Pistons. And, Yao is no Shaq.
4cwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 10:49 AM   #10
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

In my mind, the most significant stat from last nights game was zero assists for Yao. He may be the best passing big in the game and for him to go through a game with no assists may be an early indicator that the offense/his teammates don't compliment him.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:43 AM   #11
4cwebb
Golden Member

4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
In my mind, the most significant stat from last nights game was zero assists for Yao. He may be the best passing big in the game and for him to go through a game with no assists may be an early indicator that the offense/his teammates don't compliment him.
I can't fault Houston for shipping out Franchise and friends for TMac and his crew, but for Houston not to get a decent PG in free agency was almost criminal. I'd imagine the growing pains Houston will go through in setting up its offense early in the season will take its toll on Yao's assist numbers, not to mention TMac having to learn how to play the NBA game for the first time in his life with an actual back-to-the-basket postman...how many times do you think TMac has had to make (or even had the opportunity to make) a dive cut in his NBA tenure prior to this year? My guess is roughly zero.

4cwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 11:29 AM   #12
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He {Yao} may be the best passing big in the game
Overstatement of the year. I can think of about 10 big men that are better.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote