Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 01-16-2002, 03:05 AM   #1
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Yet another movie topic, but man...aren't we ALL movie fanatics?

This time I want to know 3 movies that made you cry. That's right fellas, shed that masculinity.

I'm actually having a hard time on this, can't think of them off the top of my head. The gimme's would have to be braveheart, brian's song, armageddon. Here's my somewhat more detailed list:

What Dreams May Come - It's all about the family in this one.

Lord of the Rings - I didn't bawl or anything, but the level of devotion Sam shows to Froto really got to me.

A Beautiful Mind - Once again, didn't bawl, but this movie just has EVERYTHING. Jennifer Connely's character totally overwhelmed me with her love for her husband, couldn't explain it.

Your turn, and just tell me if this is getting annoying. But I think it's fun [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-16-2002, 03:19 AM   #2
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

old yeller
Old 01-16-2002, 11:02 AM   #3
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

1. Beaches, I KNOW this is a "chick flick" however it hit me hard..

2. Color Purple

3. Amistad

Old 01-16-2002, 11:04 AM   #4
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

this may be expected, but

old yeller
brian's song (if a guy says that he hasn't teared up watching a movie, he hasn't watched this movie)
hmmm... last one... oh, i just watched this one the other day.

Red Dawn. that last scene when patrick swayze's character is carrying his brother (charlie sheen). that gets me. if you have a brother, you know what i'm talking about.

ok, there are more, i'm sure, but that's my top 3.

ok, gotta add Glory. at the end, when they're marching into battle, and the other regiment says "give em hell 54!" gets me every time. definitely in my top 3.

and i just thought of one more. man, am i a wuss? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] anyway, frequency. good flick. father/son bonding. gets emotional.
Old 01-16-2002, 01:24 PM   #5
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

I've said it in every one of my movie posts, but Field of Dreams makes me cry like a little girl everytime I see it.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 05:23 PM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

old yeller
field of dreams
brian's song
lord of the rings
the natural
Hoosiers
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 06:09 PM   #7
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

The only movie that ever made me cry was The Fox and the Hound. Gosh I hate that movie...it's so sad!
Old 01-16-2002, 07:52 PM   #8
BiteMeVescey

BiteMeVescey is on a distinguished road

Schindler's List. Felt like someone had whacked me in the gut with a baseball bat.
Old 01-16-2002, 10:34 PM   #9
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

the never ending story and The land before time
Old 01-17-2002, 12:34 AM   #10
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

The Patriot with Mel Gibson: when the little girl yells "papa" when Mel's character starts riding off and he jumps off the horse and runs back to her......I dare ya not to cry at that....you daddys out there know what I mean......

Braveheart: When they kill Murron

what's with the Mel movies??

Oh and can't forget Frantic, when Emmanuelle Seigner gets shot at the end, damn I had the biggest thing for her back then.....
Old 01-17-2002, 12:38 AM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

the patriot wasn't that great..
however, i did think of a great tear jerker with Kevin Costner
A Perfect World
with clint eastwood
where costner gets shot at the end and the little boy that costner kindnapped runs back into costner's arms
Old 01-17-2002, 10:55 AM   #12
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

I know I've cried during a few, but off the top of my head the only 2 I can remember are

Philadelphia and Life Is Beautiful
Old 01-17-2002, 12:12 PM   #13
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

The only time I've ever cried during a movie was while watching 'My Girl' when MacCauley Culkin's character is looking for his friend's ring and then gets stung to death by bees. That was a while back though.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 02:07 PM   #14
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

flying tiger! great call! fox and the hound. man, that's my favorite disney movie of all time.

"you're my best friend, copper"
"you're mine, too, tod"
Old 01-17-2002, 07:14 PM   #15
Murphy3
Guru

good call with My girl
..he was great in that movie..