Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 01-09-2002, 07:58 PM   #1
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

What's with all these people that sign-up and we don't here from them again? There are like 300 members and not near that many post frequently. Ther's only about 10 or 11 regular posters. Every time I check the today section it says somebody just signed up, but they never post anything...what's up with that?
Old 01-09-2002, 08:55 PM   #2
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I see Frag is a new member. If he is the Frag from the MAVTALK forum, he will be a welcome addition.
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2002, 10:05 PM   #3
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

I don't know what's up either, Tiger. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] 290 members and I bet only about 50 of 'em have ever posted a message. That's like 240 lurkers [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] . Why sign up if your not ever gonna post anything?

Come on people. POST DAMNIT!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2002, 10:22 PM   #4
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe if we started a thread for each of them. Call the thread "welcome to the forum - xxx". Maybe they'd feel loved and decide to post.
Old 01-09-2002, 10:28 PM   #5
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

All 240?? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] .

Maybe if we had a "Sign In" thread where everybody could just say "hey" or something so we can see who all's out there. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2002, 10:36 PM   #6
MFFL
Guru

The new ones as they join. Take Frag for example, he is an extremely prolific poster on the other forum (310 posts since Nov 2001) and he has good opinions. If we can get his interest immediately, he might start posting here as well as the other site.
Old 01-09-2002, 11:18 PM   #7
ArcticBlast

ArcticBlast is on a distinguished road

Hey, I'm new here and I'm definitely going to be posting a lot! I lurked for a few days just to get the feel of the board. I think that the idea of having a welcome topic is really good [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It would make us shyer newbies more comfortable.
Old 01-10-2002, 03:13 PM   #8
atheos
Administrator

atheos has disabled reputation

You've made me feel guilty.
Here is my post [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
atheos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 06:13 PM   #9
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

I like the forum to have just a handful of regular posters. When there's tons of new posts and threads every day, it starts to get irritating. But I'm sure dj would like more, so I won't start telling new posters to leave or anything...
Old 01-10-2002, 06:29 PM   #10
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

Good point...expecially when your internet service is so slow that it takes like an hour to read the new posts from every forum(That's exagerated just a bit).
Old 01-10-2002, 06:30 PM   #11
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

That sign in thing is a good idea Rob...why don't you start one.
Old 01-10-2002, 09:27 PM   #12
MFFL
Guru

<< I like the forum to have just a handful of regular posters >>

A new perspective is good. And the regulars get a little stale after awhile - everybody agrees on everything or doesn't talk about &quot;forbidden topics&quot; (who's better - Dirk or Finley?). And the regulars don't talk as much - how many times a week can murph rip Juwan? How many times do you want to read it?

I think the influx of new members is great! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2002, 09:29 PM   #13
MFFL
Guru

Welcome to the forum Atheos! Post a little more often would you. We need all the fresh viewpoints we can get.
Old 01-11-2002, 01:01 AM   #14
turbo.mav

turbo.mav has a spectacular aura aboutturbo.mav has a spectacular aura about

he stole my icon!!!!!!
turbo.mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 03:31 PM   #15
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

mffl, you can never rip juwan enough
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote