Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-21-2016, 02:01 PM   #121
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

This whole Dirk leaving rumor gives me a tired head. No way he leaves even if the Mavs miss out on a title. The team is already established around him. I also think Dirk doesn't want to enter a new system which can put him on a microscope in golden state. That will add too much pressure on having to adapt. He loves it here in Dallas and will walkout like Kobe did. Not talking about injury. But retiring even if the Mavs aren't winning it all next year.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2016, 02:47 PM   #122
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

I think Dirk leaving the Mavs benefits both sides. This organization has shown they can no longer build a contender around him and it makes no sense for Dirk to ruin the end of his prime years on a developmental process. Well, you can't even say that because they have no youth with the exception for a player or two.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 02:48 PM   #123
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
If the Warriors succeed in recruiting Dirk Nowitzki will you be rooting for Dirk and the Warriors next year? I'm a huge Dirk fan, but I was also a huge Steve Nash fan. I can't say that I rooted for the Suns or Nash in his MVP race, but that's because we still had Dirk. If he leaves I can't really say for sure what I'll do. I feel like I am more a fan of Dirk than the Mavericks organization right now.
It was different then. When Finley and Nash left I rooted for the Mavs first but if we couldn't get a title I would've liked for them to get one. Now its completely different. If Dirk leaves.......we aren't a contender anymore at that point so there's no point in holding a grudge against Dirk. He put enough good years in here and got us a ring.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 03:03 PM   #124
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
No way he leaves even if the Mavs miss out on a title.
Golden State assumes he's opting out in this scenario -- he would be leaving this summer, not next summer.

Quote:
The team is already established around him.
This statement couldn't be further from the truth with our constant roster turnover year after year... Hell, the only starter we have under contract next season is Wesley Matthews.

Quote:
I also think Dirk doesn't want to enter a new system which can put him on a microscope in golden state. That will add too much pressure on having to adapt.
If Dirk can adjust to a completely new roster each season, then I'm sure he can adapt to a completely new system -- especially one that compliments his skill set.

Also, nobody is going to be putting Old Man Dirk under a microscope because nobody would be asking him to carry the team... A situation like Golden State or Cleveland is exactly what he's yearning for in Dallas -- being the 3rd scoring option instead of the 1st. Who's gonna worry about covering Dirk when Steph/Klay or LeBron/Kyrie are on the floor? Dude could play another 3-5 years if there wasn't so much pressure put on him for 86+ games each season.

Don't worry, I'm not saying Dirk is going to leave Dallas -- he obviously loves this franchise/city/fanbase, and that's probably what's going to keep him here... But if he did want to win one more ring, then Golden State or Cleveland would easily be his best chance.

Plus, it's not like Dallas is in the hunt right now, nor is there any indication that we will be in the near-future... If Dirk left to chase a ring, then the silver lining is that Dallas can finally start a serious rebuild instead of constantly re-tooling each summer.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-21-2016 at 03:26 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 03:32 PM   #125
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Well Devin said it right. The big German isn't going anywhere.
Old 06-21-2016, 03:34 PM   #126
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Golden State assumes he's opting out in this scenario -- he would be leaving this summer, not next summer.

This statement couldn't be further from the truth with our constant roster turnover year after year... Hell, the only starter we have under contract next season is Wesley Matthews.

If Dirk can adjust to a completely new roster each season, then I'm sure he can adapt to a completely new system -- especially one that compliments his skill set.

Also, nobody is going to be putting Old Man Dirk under a microscope because nobody would be asking him to carry the team... A situation like Golden State or Cleveland is exactly what he's yearning for in Dallas -- being the 3rd scoring option instead of the 1st. Who's gonna worry about covering Dirk when Steph/Klay or LeBron/Kyrie are on the floor? Dude could play another 3-5 years if there wasn't so much pressure put on him for 86+ games each season.

Don't worry, I'm not saying Dirk is going to leave Dallas -- he obviously loves this franchise/city/fanbase, and that's probably what's going to keep him here... But if he did want to win one more ring, then Golden State or Cleveland would easily be his best chance.

Plus, it's not like Dallas is in the hunt right now, nor is there any indication that we will be in the near-future... If Dirk left to chase a ring, then the silver lining is that Dallas can finally start a serious rebuild instead of constantly re-tooling each summer.
I know that. But even if he opts out it wouldn't be for another team. Perhaps to Open up as much space as possible for Howard and someone else.

Last edited by yahyes; 06-21-2016 at 03:35 PM.
Old 06-21-2016, 03:44 PM   #127
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I know that. But even if he opts out it wouldn't be for another team. Perhaps to Open up as much space as possible for Howard and someone else.
But if he opts out, then other teams can come calling... And if it's GSW or Cleveland, then Dirk has to seriously think about it.

I mean: Steph/Klay/Dirk, LeBron/Kyrie/Dirk, Dwight/Parsons/Dirk.

Old 06-21-2016, 04:33 PM   #128
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
But if he opts out, then other teams can come calling... And if it's GSW or Cleveland, then Dirk has to seriously think about it.

I mean: Steph/Klay/Dirk, LeBron/Kyrie/Dirk, Dwight/Parsons/Dirk.
Won't happen. No way he leaves to learn a new system with golden state like I said. Not to mention the amount of pressure having to adjust. Him going to the cavs makes no sense either. He's settled here in Dallas. He can at least build on his all time scoring to finish his career here.

A healthy Deron, Wes, Parsons. Dirk and Howard sounds competitive enough for next season. Not long term. But good for one or two years.
Old 06-21-2016, 04:37 PM   #129
yahyes
Banned

Dirk has opted out. Freeing up as much space for some big contracts.
Old 06-21-2016, 06:04 PM   #130
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
I think Dirk leaving the Mavs benefits both sides. This organization has shown they can no longer build a contender around him and it makes no sense for Dirk to ruin the end of his prime years on a developmental process. Well, you can't even say that because they have no youth with the exception for a player or two.
Sometime you act with the heart, sometimes with the brain. This is a heart decision.
Old 06-21-2016, 07:23 PM   #131
yahyes
Banned

Funny how just about 10 years later after golden state trolled us. They underlining try to troll Mavs fans again. But this time Dirk is older. Which has us spinning for a moment taking sides on this hypothetical. If Dirk didn't get it in 2011, then it would make total sense of him leaving. And to top it off,, I could bet Cuban would want a sign and trade at least. Which I bet Dirk would respect the Mavs franchise so much he would be up for it. Which is why this damn rumor is moot.
Old 06-21-2016, 07:44 PM   #132
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

I feel like Dirk has more heart than brains, and I love that about him. I'm not calling him dumb. He just has more heart than most people and so much that he has more heart than actual brains. I feel like he has nothing to prove at all, but he may have a wonderful time should he sign with the Warriors for the next couple of years, even though his scoring will go down.

I feel like he should make the decision that he feels is right for himself, and everyone should respect it.
Old 06-21-2016, 07:48 PM   #133
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

<1% chance Dirk leaves. I'm not going to fret about it, but if we whiff on all of the big names I won't blame him at all if he decides to spend a year or two with a serious contender.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 07:51 PM   #134
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Last time he was a free agent he was given offers from the Lakers and Rockets. Neither team happened to be a serious contender. I think Dirk knew that. Since the Warriors are we may have a different outcome this time around. I hope not since that means I will watch less games with him playing, but I do want the best for my favorite athlete.
Old 06-21-2016, 08:06 PM   #135
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Cleveland would definitely benefit from that... Hell, they can just go after Dirk in free agency if they can unload Love somewhere else. Why mess around with Dirk-lite when you can just have the real thing?
S&T with Cleveland to help them get rid of Love? We get Dirk-lite and see if he flourishes again. Maybe super charge our rebuilding.

:hurlagain:

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 08:10 PM   #136
Underdog

OFFICIAL: Dirk Nowitzki opts out of deal with Mavs, will be free agent on July 1

Last edited by Underdog; 06-21-2016 at 08:12 PM.
Old 06-21-2016, 09:06 PM   #137
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
S&T with Cleveland to help them get rid of Love? We get Dirk-lite and see if he flourishes again. Maybe super charge our rebuilding.

:hurlagain:

Why not just pay Howard instead of losing Dirk? Besides that, no to the idea of Love. That screams bad idea when we can just plug in Dwight next to Dirk and give it a try.
Old 06-21-2016, 10:15 PM   #138
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk isn't going anywhere, but the fireworks of the offseason officially began. It's going to be a wild and crazy summer as far as offseason moves for pretty much every team.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 10:41 PM   #139
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Thursday is going to be the start of a very exciting season of wrangling. Hopefully we come out better.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 02:32 AM   #140
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Of course the Warriors want Dirk. And of course he'd be completely unstoppable and awesome there, even in a new system:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSlzdnL_zjU
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 04:06 AM   #141
Oberon

Oberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of lightOberon is a glorious beacon of light

I don't think Dirk will go anywhere.

Just because Dirk is Dirk. He's the most loyal player you can imagine.

From a rational standpoint it would be nuts to deny an offer from GSW. They are still the best of the NBA to me even though they lost the finals now. With them he has a 70-80% chance of making the finals again whereas with Dallas he has only a 50% chance of even making the playoffs. Also, being the 3rd scoring option would fit him much better than carrying all the responsability in offense at the age of 38. He would get more rests and could focus on being in shape for the playoffs, where he could still be a major factor especially in close games like game 7 of this years finals. Besides, GSW is a likeable team... it's not like him joining the Miami Thrice when they were still together. Curry und Thompson are players that have a similar attitude as him. They work hard but at the same time they are no egocentric showmen like Kobe or James.

All in all, yeah GSW would make perfect sense for him and nobody would even criticize him for going there. I would be happy for him actually and I'm pretty sure that if Dirk came back to Dallas to play against them, the fans would still celebrate him all day. However, he's most likely gonna stay here as I said and this shows how much he is willing to give up just to be in Dallas.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 08:02 AM   #142
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Everything's Gonng

He's Coming Back.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 08:33 AM   #143
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Dirk's "prime years" ended about 4-5 years ago.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 08:37 AM   #144
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Steph/Klay/Dirk, LeBron/Kyrie/Dirk, Dwight/Parsons/Dirk.
Pretty funny when you put it that way and even a little better ....

Steph/Klay(/Dirk) - last 2 Finals and a Championship
Lebron/Kyrie(/Dirk) - last 2 Finals and a Champshipship
Dwight/Parsons(/Dirk) - made the playoffs

But yeah, I don't think Dirk leaves because he wants his career to be 100% Dallas at the end.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 10:04 AM   #145
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Unlike most stars whose peak falls off a ledge the moment their physicality starts to wane (Kobe, AI, Tmac), Dirk's peak has become a gently downward-sloping plateau... He doesn't grab boards or score in the paint like he used to, but his shooting and playmaking abilities are just as good as they've ever been.

So you could say his prime years are over, but I don't think he's listening.

Old 06-22-2016, 10:20 AM   #146
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcyVaOpajlQ

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 10:40 AM   #147
Underdog

@jared_thigpen: If the Mavs really don't offer Parsons the Max, I think there's a legitimate chance they're ready for Dirk to leave and start over.

Old 06-24-2016, 04:20 AM   #148
DIRK LEGIONS

DIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to all

Quote:
We're only disagreeing on semantics, not the general point... Justin Anderson could very well be our best pick since Josh Howard -- obviously the jury is still out on that one, but the kid is definitely passing the eye test after one season.
yes he is and that just shows how bad the mavericks have drafted the last 10 yrs.
could have had butler and green playing wings with dirk and the center we traded to celtics a few yrs back Olkenk (spelling) instead of 3rd tier players that have littered this roster since 2011 championship.

sucks we traded a 1st for rondo when the best move was to use it to get brooks lopez from nets.
DIRK LEGIONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 04:23 AM   #149
DIRK LEGIONS

DIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to all

if dirk leaves he a perfect fit for
warriors,as 6th man
wolves as vet scorer 6th man
heat 6th man
celtics 6th man
Old 06-24-2016, 04:27 AM   #150
DIRK LEGIONS

Quote:
Why not just pay Howard instead of losing Dirk? Besides that, no to the idea of Love. That screams bad idea when we can just plug in Dwight next to Dirk and give it a try.
dwight bad back and declining athleticism on max deal or any deal no thanks pass.
Old 06-24-2016, 06:26 AM   #151
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
Pretty funny when you put it that way and even a little better ....

Steph/Klay(/Dirk) - last 2 Finals and a Championship
Lebron/Kyrie(/Dirk) - last 2 Finals and a Champshipship
Dwight/Parsons(/Dirk) - made the playoffs

But yeah, I don't think Dirk leaves because he wants his career to be 100% Dallas at the end.
I'm surprised there isn't more talk about Dirk going to OKC. They probably win the GSW/OKC series and maybe the finals if they would have had Dirk.
Durant/Westbrook/Dirk sounds pretty good too and Dirk would be a great fit with Adams. Dirk would also give them another guy in the clutch which is where they seemed to have problems last season.
That is a team that is just there but can't seem to get over the hump. Dirk could very easily be the guy to put them over the top.

A move like that could add to Dirk's legacy because if OKC does happen to win the finals, many would credit Dirk. If he goes to Cavs or GSW it may appear that he is just jumping on the bandwagon.

OKC is also the closest NBA city to Dallas and many Dallas fans (like me) would instantly become temporary Thunder fans. Seems like it could be a win-win-win for everyone (Dirk, OKC, Mavs) involved. Think it would be a great marketing move for OKC, Dirk would play close to home and Cuban can focus on rebuilding his team.

Last edited by rimrocker; 06-24-2016 at 06:43 AM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 09:43 AM   #152
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
I'm surprised there isn't more talk about Dirk going to OKC. They probably win the GSW/OKC series and maybe the finals if they would have had Dirk.
Durant/Westbrook/Dirk sounds pretty good too and Dirk would be a great fit with Adams. Dirk would also give them another guy in the clutch which is where they seemed to have problems last season.
That is a team that is just there but can't seem to get over the hump. Dirk could very easily be the guy to put them over the top.

A move like that could add to Dirk's legacy because if OKC does happen to win the finals, many would credit Dirk. If he goes to Cavs or GSW it may appear that he is just jumping on the bandwagon.

OKC is also the closest NBA city to Dallas and many Dallas fans (like me) would instantly become temporary Thunder fans. Seems like it could be a win-win-win for everyone (Dirk, OKC, Mavs) involved. Think it would be a great marketing move for OKC, Dirk would play close to home and Cuban can focus on rebuilding his team.
Hard to connect Dirk to OKC when Durant might be on his way out the door... Connecting him to GSW is easier because a) their personnel is solid as a rock at the moment, and b) they already named Dirk as a FA target this summer.

I do agree with you about his fit and its general proximity to his hometown, but I don't think you can even begin to speculate until they get Durant wrapped up.

Old 06-24-2016, 09:46 AM   #153
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRK LEGIONS View Post
if dirk leaves he a perfect fit for
warriors,as 6th man
wolves as vet scorer 6th man
heat 6th man
celtics 6th man
Wolves, Heat and Celtics aren't any closer to a ring than the Mavericks -- no way in hell he'd leave Dallas for any of those teams.

If Dirk leaves, it's because he and Cuban have agreed that its time to rebuild, not because he thinks he'd be a better fit elsewhere. And even then, if he isn't playing for one of the top teams in the league (GSW, CLE), then he'd probably prefer to retire if he isn't playing for Dallas.

Old 06-24-2016, 11:30 AM   #154
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Read my lips: Dirk ain't leaving

For better or worse, Dirk will be here until he retires.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 11:39 AM   #155
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

I just died inside a little picturing Dirk in those disgusting thunder unis

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 11:34 AM   #156
Underdog

@ESefko: Dirk Nowitzki, by the way, is a 1/4 favorite to re-sign with the Mavericks. Field is 17/4. That he retires is 99/1. https://www.sportsbettingdime.com

Old 06-29-2016, 12:09 PM   #157
Underdog

Dirk Fans for Life? Contemplating the Mavs without Nowitzki

Old 06-29-2016, 03:48 PM   #158
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Remember when Dirk used to play for the Mavs?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 04:08 PM   #159
yahyes
Banned

Dirk pretty much squashed that golden state rumor. He's here and wants to play even if we have Mahinmi starting.
Old 06-29-2016, 05:14 PM   #160
kylecraven1991

kylecraven1991 is on a distinguished road
Default Let's hope not.

Hoping he stays!

https://www.facebook.com/kyle.craven...8690909189245/
kylecraven1991 is offline   Reply With Quote