Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 06-28-2001, 02:58 PM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

what new movie this summer is everyone the most hyped about seeing?..

well, i'd have to go with.... Jurassic Park 3 looks sweet.. or maybe the knockaround guys
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2001, 11:05 PM   #2
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I think Jurassic Park looks pretty intense. At least it doesn't take place in the city like the last one did, that was awful.

Im not sure hyped is the word I would use for some of the movies I want to see but I do want to see America's Sweethearts, Crazy/Beautiful. There probably chick flick picks but I am a chick [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-28-2001, 11:07 PM   #3
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Now that I've already seen Tomb Raider and The Fast and the Furious, I'm really looking forward to seeing American Pie 2, Scary Movie 2, and Rush Hour 2! I love comedies..sue me! Planet of the Apes looks pretty cool too, but only cuz it's a Tim Burton flick.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 11:14 PM   #4
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Oh shit, I forgot about American Pie 2...good call DJ! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Same thing with Scary Movie 2. If for nothing else but to see that scene with James Woods recreating The Exorcist. That is freaking hilarious.
Old 06-28-2001, 11:15 PM   #5
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

I wan't too impresses with Scary Movie...but I'm definitely gonna see Rush Hour 2.
Old 06-28-2001, 11:16 PM   #6
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

The part in Scary Movie 2 where the guys are showing off their bball skills (like the new Nike Basketball commercials) looks freakin hilarious!
Old 06-28-2001, 11:17 PM   #7
djb
Administrator

Oh and as for Rush Hour 2, I totally can't believe that Chris Tucker is getting paid MORE than Jackie Chan! The dude's getting $20 MILLION whereas Chan is getting like $17 million I think. That's just wrong.
Old 06-29-2001, 08:11 AM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, i'll definitely catch american pie 2
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2001, 11:52 PM   #9
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

Ooh...is Shannon Elizabeth going to be in the new one too?
Old 07-07-2001, 01:47 PM   #10
djb
Administrator

Think I'll post in this thread since the other movie thread's getting a bit long..

I watched Kiss of the Dragon last night and was actually entertained throughout most of it. The vast majority of the movies I've seen this year have left me bored and aching (my butt has a short attention span apparently) after an hour had gone by. I really didn't expect much going into it, so that's probably why I was pleasantly surprised by the end. The story was kind of iffy, but the action scenes were incredible! I mean, it's pretty neat how many ways the characters were able to kill people! Blowing a guys upper torso off with a grenade, kicking a pool ball into a guy's forehead, stabbing a guy with chopsticks, piledriving a guy head first until his neck crack..you get the idea! Jet Li still needs to work on his English, though it's not too far off of Jackie Chan's English-speaking abilities [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I also found it amusing how 2/3 of the theater was Asian, though of course my little clan only contributed to that. The final "Kiss of the Dragon" scene was pretty slick, and I'm sure a bunch of "Can you really do that?" discussions will take place all over the Net during these next couple days. My gf liked it, my friends liked it, and almost everyone in the theater seemed to as well. I definitely recommend it! For me the only downer was seeing "the ex" (not just an ex, but THE ex!) in the lobby of the theater as we waited in line.