Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 09-01-2005, 01:19 PM   #41
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Such negativity

Quote:
Originally posted by: DevinHarriswillstart
Glad we didn't do that trade. We have Diop to fill the bench for what? 5 and a half mil over 3 years, rather then 55 for Rasho?

Rasho is owed 55 mil?

Wow.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2005, 01:21 PM   #42
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: Spurs Fan
Y'all should come check out some of our boards after the Spurs lose 2 or 3 games in a row, or lose by 20 points. There are more "Fire Pop Now!" and "Trade Parker, he sucks!!" and "Is Ginobilli past his prime?" threads than you can shake a stick at. Hell, even now there is a large cadre of fans that would trade Rasho for a quarter and a bag of chips.......
I know a lot of guys in Austin that would trade Rasho for a quarter bag and chips.

Old 09-01-2005, 01:25 PM   #43
Spurs Fan

Spurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: capitalcity
Quote:
Originally posted by: Spurs Fan
Y'all should come check out some of our boards after the Spurs lose 2 or 3 games in a row, or lose by 20 points. There are more "Fire Pop Now!" and "Trade Parker, he sucks!!" and "Is Ginobilli past his prime?" threads than you can shake a stick at. Hell, even now there is a large cadre of fans that would trade Rasho for a quarter and a bag of chips.......
I know a lot of guys in Austin that would trade Rasho for a quarter bag and chips.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Spurs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 05:14 PM   #44
Misfit Mav

Misfit Mav will become famous soon enough

By the way, who put the Chicken Little pic at the top of the board? I love it!
When asked after the Dallas Mavericks impressive game 3 win over the Sacramento Kings whether he thought the Mavs won because they played well or because the Kings played poorly, Nelson responded that it was hard to tell, much like a thermos. "How do it know?" queried the ever eccentric Nelson. When you put something hot in it, it stays hot. When you put something cold in it, it stays cold. "How do it know?"
Misfit Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 05:26 PM   #45
Duncanfan21

Duncanfan21 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Who gives a rats ass what a spurs fan has to say anyways?
You better give a rats ass because your team's gonna be had and trampled come regular season time! Heck it will carry on to the playoffs!!!!!

Anyway, I'm tired of this thread. At least you losers got my point! That doesn't change anything though because you people still wreak of patheticness and pessimism!!!!! Keep that up so we could thank you for actually helping us win this year's championship!

Fin (ex-mav) + Van Exel (ex-mav) + pessimism of MaVs fans = 4th Spurs title.
Now ain't that a sweet equation or what?! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Duncanfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 05:36 PM   #46
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Misfit Mav
By the way, who put the Chicken Little pic at the top of the board? I love it!
The greatness of U2...kind of the sums up the offseason...

Old 09-01-2005, 05:39 PM   #47
Pj5

Pj5 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Duncanfan21
Quote:
Who gives a rats ass what a spurs fan has to say anyways?
You better give a rats ass because your team's gonna be had and trampled come regular season time! Heck it will carry on to the playoffs!!!!!

Anyway, I'm tired of this thread. At least you losers got my point! That doesn't change anything though because you people still wreak of patheticness and pessimism!!!!! Keep that up so we could thank you for actually helping us win this year's championship!

Fin (ex-mav) + Van Exel (ex-mav) + pessimism of MaVs fans = 4th Spurs title.
Now ain't that a sweet equation or what?! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I thought you said you didn't come here to pick a fight!? Hypocrite....
But I do thank you for stirring up the interest of fans who actually believe in the team and care about its direction because of your supposed insults.

The Mavs and Spurs meet 4 times this season and probably will in the playoffs. Let that be the determining factor of better team status!

Old 09-01-2005, 05:51 PM   #48
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Usually Lurkin
TD/Dirk --- TRADE
Oh, absolutely! Anyone with half a brain can clearly see that Duncan is flat out the best player in basketball. I mean, Ducan is just a truly unstoppable, dominant force in the paint. Really, TD is every bit as frightening as Shaq was in his prime, ney more! Duncan is just soooo smart an savvy, he fundamentally flawless... The gap between TD and Dirk is so wide, it's almost ridiculous... You see, Dirk may score 30 or 40 points, and Duncan may only score 20 in the same game, but Duncan still played better because you see, Duncan's FG% is just so much higher, because all of his points come from the paint... whereas Dirk's points come mostly from the perimeter. And we all know that points in the paint mean so much more than points from anywhere else (like the free-throw line, for example.) And let's certainly not forget Tim Duncan's suffocating, devastating defense. Duncan is all-defensive 1st team every year, and rightfully so! And Dirk? Well, really, it should be "Irk" because he has no "D". Get it? You see, it's a play on words, because Dirk's name starts with "D" yet he doesn't play good Defense! Pretty clever, don't you think?! Also, let's not forget that Dirk is a playoff-bust. He plays really well in the regular season, but he absolutely SUCKED in this year's playoff's. The guy was awful, almost as bad as Erick Dampier. Jason Terry was actually the MVP of the Houston series, but he showed in Round 2 that he's just hopeless as a point guard, a lost cause, as well as being an awful perimeter defender. Duncan OTOH hand is just absolutely clutch! I mean, the guy is just unstoppable in the post as well as the postseason, not like that choker, Dirk. But yeah, Duncan is just a much more valuble commodity than Dirk in every way. It doesn't even matter that Dirk is younger than Duncan, because you see, big men last longer in the NBA than smalls. True, Dirk is technically a bigman, but you see, he plays like a small, so you'll see Dirk drop off sooner than Duncan.

Edit: Lets also not forget the most important reason why Dirk will never be as great as the amazing Tim Duncan. You see, Tim Duncan is a natural leader. Dirk on the other hand, is an ASS and truly incapable of being the leader of his team. Remember how he choked in the playoffs, just like he always does (really, anyone who was remotely clutch would've made those shots Dirk missed against Peja)? As if it weren't bad enough that he choked, missing his defensive assignments and all (because make no mistake about it, that was HIS fault! Nice job Irk!) Duncan would never EVER struggle like that, and is just a lock-down defender no matter who he guards.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 06:07 PM   #49
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all
Default RE: Such negativity

Didn't Amare light TD up, and I mean LIGHT HIM UP for OVER 30 PPG. That was the worst defense I have EVER seen TD play. Also Duncan shot UNDER 42 PERCENT in the FINALS, and he shot UNDER 72 PERCENT in the Finals. His teammates stepped up big time to save him in his worst playoff performance to date!

Duncan is great...but he is not that great.
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 06:21 PM   #50
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: bcrav4
Didn't Amare light TD up, and I mean LIGHT HIM UP for OVER 30 PPG. That was the worst defense I have EVER seen TD play. Also Duncan shot UNDER 42 PERCENT in the FINALS, and he shot UNDER 72 PERCENT in the Finals. His teammates stepped up big time to save him in his worst playoff performance to date!
But you see, none of that matters because Duncan is just so g*ddamn smart, and fundamentally sound. Duncan dominates the game simply by being on the floor, because you see, since he's so dominant in the post, he draw all the attention of the defense and always gives Ginobili and the rest of those clutch 3pt shooters wide open looks.

Quote:
Duncan is great...but he is not that great.
Yes he is! He's the best player in the NBA, really, nobody comes close... Not even close...
Old 09-01-2005, 07:59 PM   #51
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Typical of a no class spurs fan to act in that way. Nothing like a cowardly representation of your team. It's a shame too since that franchise has some class. Sadly, the majority of their fans do not.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 08:27 PM   #52
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

He's just a 6 year old.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 05:46 AM   #53
ZueriMav

ZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really nice

A certain, well known Mav player after reading this thread ;-)

Cheers
ZueriMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 08:37 AM   #54
cripple balls

cripple balls is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Didn't come here to fight... I just wanted to get some idea of how the Mavs fans feel now that Finley is with our Spurs ( hehehehe [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ).
OH MY god..... this site is just full of negativity!!!!!!! Honestly, I was so surprised. I'm one of those people who feel that the Mavs are better than the Rockets and Suns this season.... and actually pose a greater threat to our team than those 2 pretenders but MAN!!!!! the pessimism of the fans in this site would be enough to put a 10 ton anchor that would bring the team down! Seriously people, visit our site and you'll see that we discuss our team's weaknesses but we don't bash em the way you do. And don't even think of saying that we're not harsh on our team because we have a great group because even during those years when the Lakers obliterated us, we never gave up on our Spurs and believed in the management and in growth. Damn, your team is on the verge of embracing the very precept that makes the Pistons, the Pacers and our team great.. DEFENSE. The amount of respect we Spurs fans have on Avery cannot be put into words... and now the same point guard who got us a championship is your coach.

Now I don't really care if you guys will listen to me because in truth, we Spurs fans would love to use your disgusting pessimism to our advantage... but it sickens me to know that the team most of us regarded to be a threat in the West is nothing more but a piece of trash that has some of the most unappreciative fans ever. What a pity.... because Dampier/Nowitzki/Howard/Christie/Terry and your team's well formed bench presents a formidable adversary.. but with fans who throw all sorts of negative predictions and comments like you do, this team won't even make the playoffs. Pity...
The negativity spewing, Cuban bashing retards on this board are not representative of real Mavs fans.

cripple balls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 08:54 AM   #55
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Replies!!!!! god i'm itching to write something long but I'll be back!!! Glad to see that I've knocked some sense into some people. Even they recognize the pessimism around here. Be back to mingle with you pathetic folks later!!!!! hehehhehe [img]i/expressions/devil.gif[/img]
BTW.. I'm still not convinced.
If you want a one dimensional player that can only do one thing within that dimension, you've got him. He'll help your team, but I hope you don't think that he's more than what he is...just a jumpshooter and a failed bit as a leader. He won't always bust his ass for you if he's not getting enough shots, but hey...he was the face of our franchise, wasn't he?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 09:12 AM   #56
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Be back to mingle with you pathetic folks later!!!!!
*sigh*

Though I really don't like Fin in silver and balck, I think this year will goes miles to actually proving the type of talent he really is.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 09:27 AM   #57
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
Quote:
Be back to mingle with you pathetic folks later!!!!!
*sigh*

Though I really don't like Fin in silver and balck, I think this year will goes miles to actually proving the type of talent he really is.
Sike, I think he had more than long enough here in Dallas to prove what type of talent he really is. He's a jumpshooter....nothing more and nothing less.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 09:28 AM   #58
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

what type of talent do u think he will prove?

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 10:19 AM   #59
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

After long and careful consideration of all the facts, nuances, and potential factors, I have come to the conclusion that a cripple balls post is the intellectual equivalent of a runny fart.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 12:30 PM   #60
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Thespiralgoeson
Quote:
Originally posted by: Usually Lurkin
TD/Dirk --- TRADE
Oh, absolutely! Anyone with half a brain can clearly see that Duncan is flat out the best player in basketball. I mean, Ducan is just a truly unstoppable, dominant force in the paint. Really, TD is every bit as frightening as Shaq was in his prime, ney more! Duncan is just soooo smart an savvy, he fundamentally flawless... The gap between TD and Dirk is so wide, it's almost ridiculous... You see, Dirk may score 30 or 40 points, and Duncan may only score 20 in the same game, but Duncan still played better because you see, Duncan's FG% is just so much higher, because all of his points come from the paint... whereas Dirk's points come mostly from the perimeter. And we all know that points in the paint mean so much more than points from anywhere else (like the free-throw line, for example.) And let's certainly not forget Tim Duncan's suffocating, devastating defense. Duncan is all-defensive 1st team every year, and rightfully so! And Dirk? Well, really, it should be "Irk" because he has no "D". Get it? You see, it's a play on words, because Dirk's name starts with "D" yet he doesn't play good Defense! Pretty clever, don't you think?! Also, let's not forget that Dirk is a playoff-bust. He plays really well in the regular season, but he absolutely SUCKED in this year's playoff's. The guy was awful, almost as bad as Erick Dampier. Jason Terry was actually the MVP of the Houston series, but he showed in Round 2 that he's just hopeless as a point guard, a lost cause, as well as being an awful perimeter defender. Duncan OTOH hand is just absolutely clutch! I mean, the guy is just unstoppable in the post as well as the postseason, not like that choker, Dirk. But yeah, Duncan is just a much more valuble commodity than Dirk in every way. It doesn't even matter that Dirk is younger than Duncan, because you see, big men last longer in the NBA than smalls. True, Dirk is technically a bigman, but you see, he plays like a small, so you'll see Dirk drop off sooner than Duncan.

Edit: Lets also not forget the most important reason why Dirk will never be as great as the amazing Tim Duncan. You see, Tim Duncan is a natural leader. Dirk on the other hand, is an ASS and truly incapable of being the leader of his team. Remember how he choked in the playoffs, just like he always does (really, anyone who was remotely clutch would've made those shots Dirk missed against Peja)? As if it weren't bad enough that he choked, missing his defensive assignments and all (because make no mistake about it, that was HIS fault! Nice job Irk!) Duncan would never EVER struggle like that, and is just a lock-down defender no matter who he guards.
Bill Walton, is that you?

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 05:33 PM   #61
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: DevinHarriswillstart
Bill Walton, is that you?
Damn, you caught me! Right now I'm watching tapes of the Lakers and Spurs in the 2003 conference semi-finals... OOOOH! Shaq just made a monstrous dunk! THROW IT DOOOOOOWN, BIGMAN!