Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

View Poll Results: Who is the best C in Nba ??
Dwight Howard 52 71.23%
Yao Ming 25 34.25%
Pau Gasol 5 6.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-23-2008, 02:42 AM   #1
yao1860

yao1860 will become famous soon enough
Smile Who is the best C in Nba ??

Who is the best C in Nba,tell me the turth in you mind.thanks

Rockets 112-102 Mavs
yao1860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2008, 05:57 AM   #2
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Pau Gasol isn't a natural Center. Plus, you forgot to add Magloire.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 07:56 AM   #3
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

and Dampier.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 08:17 AM   #4
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

It depends on how Center is defined.

I'd say Tim Duncan, but many would call him a power forward.

Amare ?

Yao isn't a traditional center, he primarily faces up. Is he a power forward?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:08 AM   #5
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

nmind...

Last edited by TripleDipping; 06-23-2008 at 09:08 AM.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:32 AM   #6
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Shouldn't be a secret as to who I voted for .
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 10:50 AM   #7
Big Money

Big Money is on a distinguished road

2 years ago=Yao
right now= Dwight
in 5 years= Bynum
Big Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 12:20 PM   #8
bgarrett
Banned

bgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the rough

Yao=Howard=Amare to me...
bgarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 12:59 PM   #9
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Pau Gasol??? HELL NO
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 05:07 PM   #10
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

I voted for all 3 since it allowed me to.
Old 06-23-2008, 05:13 PM   #11
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Dwight + Kidd...drool.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 06:30 PM   #12
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

I dont see how there is really a question on this... Dwight Howard by FAR
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 11:17 PM   #13
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

I'd take Dwight Howard every single time... how dare you even mention Pau in the same sentence.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 12:24 AM   #14
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say that behind Kobe and LeBron, D12 has more value than anyone else in the league. He's head and shoulders above anyone else. He's incredibly young, determined, durable (becoming more and more rare these days with physical players), defensive-minded, developing offensively, and probably the best rebounder since Rodman or Moses. What's not to like about this kid? I'd trade any two players on our team for him.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 12:38 AM   #15
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Dwight Howard is an athletic freak of nature. How well can his feet hold up? Usually..most 7+ footers who play in the post..start having foot problems earlier in their careers than others and they can't come back from that. Since D12 relies on his jumping ability a good amount, I think he is pretty screwed once he hits 30 unless he develops some moves. But he is definitely a whole league ahead of everyone else on your list. A healthy Yao is another story..but his injuries are about to shorten his career.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:58 PM   #16
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yao1860
Who is the best C in Nba,tell me the turth in you mind.thanks

not yao. he sucks....and so do you!
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 05:54 PM   #17
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Pau needs to be on this list.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 07:24 PM   #18
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Three choices from the Rockets/Lakers signature:

a. The Obvious Answer.
b. A Rocket.
c. A Laker.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:03 PM   #19
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
Three choices from the Rockets/Lakers signature:

a. The Obvious Answer.
b. A Rocket.
c. A Laker.
He's not here to case trouble. He's here to case fun!
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:43 PM   #20
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
lol
Old 06-25-2008, 02:59 AM   #21
yao1860

Smile

Quote:
i want to tell you,i am a Mavs fan too。OK

Rockets 112-102 Mavs
Old 06-25-2008, 06:24 AM   #22
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

yeah well speak for yourself. No one here is a mavs fan. Just you.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 08:25 AM   #23
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Where's Andrew Bogut?

Last edited by Evilmav2; 06-25-2008 at 08:25 AM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 08:28 AM   #24
Gus

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

In spite of this being an obvious troll attempt, of the three choices, i'd say Dwight Howard. Yao is to injury prone to be of use to any team and Gasol isn't a center. I'd take Damp over Yao. At least there's a higher chance he might actually be playing at the end of the year.
Gus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 09:14 AM   #25
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I used to bottle fun...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-25-2008 at 09:14 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 09:49 AM   #26
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus
In spite of this being an obvious troll attempt, of the three choices, i'd say Dwight Howard. Yao is to injury prone to be of use to any team and Gasol isn't a center. I'd take Damp over Yao. At least there's a higher chance he might actually be playing at the end of the year.
no you wouldn't. lol.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:24 AM   #27
Gus

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

If my choice is a center who plays pretty good defense and can rebound okay or a guy who'll be in street clothes with an injury, i'll take the guy who'll actually be on the court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMINATOR
no you wouldn't. lol.
Gus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:48 PM   #28
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmav2
Where's Andrew Bogut?
I sense a little envy that Tarpley isnt an option.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:02 PM   #29
yao1860

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
yeah well speak for yourself. No one here is a mavs fan. Just you.
what‘s wrong with this guy ??

Rockets 112-102 Mavs
Old 06-25-2008, 09:05 PM   #30
yao1860

he always made strong finish ,but he is not good enough。
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmav2
Where's Andrew Bogut?

Rockets 112-102 Mavs
Old 06-25-2008, 09:38 PM   #31
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
he always made strong finish ,but he is not good enough。
he finished which is more we can say for yao
Old 06-27-2008, 11:39 AM   #32
RonMexico

RonMexico can only hope to improve

Wheres Eric Dampier?
Old 06-27-2008, 11:56 PM   #33
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
Yao isn't a traditional center, he primarily faces up. Is he a power forward?
lol, you obviously have not watched yao ming play very often.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 01:23 AM   #34
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoinewalker
lol, you obviously have not watched yao ming play very often.
NOBODY has watched him play often. He's been on the bench too much
Old 06-28-2008, 01:49 AM   #35
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Yao is dominant.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 07:34 PM   #36
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Man WTF?

You're not a fan. Of any team really. You're just comedy.

Like honestly, how to you "case fun"?

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 06-28-2008 at 07:36 PM.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 08:24 PM   #37
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
not yao. he sucks....and so do you!
Yao is better the Pau!!!!
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 10:54 PM   #38
bgarrett
Banned

bgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the rough

This thread FN sucks. MArk it down! I called it.

Championship!!
bgarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 11:02 PM   #39
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

this is special

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:02 PM   #40
wireonfire

wireonfire is on a distinguished road

Howard sucks on offense. Yao has OWNED him every single time they played against each other.
wireonfire is offline   Reply With Quote