Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 04-09-2002, 12:41 AM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

edit
if you would have read, i actually had mavs content.
however, all content has been removed.

sorry board and those of you who found joy from this.

It has been ruined
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2002, 12:54 AM   #2
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

LOL, I must admit very funny. I suppose my objection will not help me in the ranking.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 12:57 AM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i'm sure there won't be a ranking now
Old 04-09-2002, 12:58 AM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

it's not really a big deal
Old 04-09-2002, 01:13 AM   #5
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Sounds good Murphy let's let it go, and move on.

Old 04-09-2002, 01:15 AM   #6
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

it's only ruined because you've let it be ruined, murph. if you wanna post something, just post it and leave it. obviously, if you feel like it's going to cause problems, then don't post it in the first place. otherwise, post it, leave it there, and defend it if anyone whines about it.

this is a message board. it's not like 7th grade football practice where one person complains so the whole team has to run. or whatever. bah.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 01:17 AM   #7
Kat

Kat is on a distinguished road

No big deal, however humorous. It highlighted your ability to seperate the the b---sh-t from the dumbosity of a multitude of personalities without even looking them in the eye.
Old 04-09-2002, 01:17 AM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

too bad i had already removed what i said before you posted GRBH..
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

i know..it doesn't have to ruin things..however, it did..
that's too bad, rhylan, you had scored very favorably
Old 04-09-2002, 01:23 AM   #9
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

<< i know..it doesn't have to ruin things..however, it did.. >>

well damn, bro.

i think that posts that pick on people help form a sense of community. think about it..... when you were a kid, who did you give wedgies to? who did you push into the pool while fully clothed? who did you laugh at when they said something stupid in class?

your BUDS!

..or at least we did. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 04-09-2002, 01:24 AM   #10
grbh
Platinum Member

Nothing wrong with that. I saw what you had written. I saw you changed your post and I did also.
In spite of our disagreements the high road is the way to go here.

Old 04-09-2002, 01:25 AM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

it's too late. The message can't reach its proper potential in the lounge. I feel as though it would be a waste of my time to have it put in the lounge. The only worse fate I could ever imagine would be having it moved to dallasbasketball.com.
Old 04-09-2002, 01:27 AM   #12
Murphy3
Guru

i'm no longer in the right frame of mind
Old 04-09-2002, 01:30 AM   #13
grbh
Platinum Member

Well, I must agree with you there, that is a basketball abyss; however, you need to recognize that your post had absolutely nothing to do with Maverick basketball.

On top of that you are not larger than this board. You are not greater than the sum of its parts. The board would indeed continue without you. That said, you are a valued member of this board, your opinion does carry weight, and I enjoy listening to it.

Old 04-09-2002, 01:30 AM   #14
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

your frame of mind could change, eh??? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-09-2002, 01:36 AM   #15
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

hey grbh, while we're all in a complementing state of mind....

you made about the best post ever in the history of LMF the other day. it was a sarcastic rant against Ron's too-many-minutes soapbox. you know which one I'm talking about? it was great, man.

LMF has experienced a serious drop-off as of late, what do you think? It still has some nice stuff every now and then, but not like it used to.

thank goodness for good ol' dallas-mavs.com [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-09-2002, 01:51 AM   #16
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Rhylan, I never did those things to my BUDS!! I never did get what you guys were doing all that mess for. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

*sheesh* You mean those boys were trying to be NICE?! lol
Old 04-09-2002, 01:51 AM   #17
grbh
Platinum Member

Rhylan, I think you haave me confused with someone else, but I do agree with you. Damn, I wish I had the best post ever. Regardless Ron, dominates that board over at LMF. I like a lot of his ideas, but he seems to shut down any alternative ideas. The result, nobody posts there anymore, and it is a shame. A lot of it has to do with the manner in which he shoots down every NBA idea that comes his way.

I used to love that board. I still go there on occasion in hopes of finding a Franz post which is generally terrific, and a riot.

Old 04-09-2002, 01:53 AM   #18
grbh
Platinum Member

I used to post at the LMF, but not in the last 6 months. you are right that used to be a very good board, but everyone left. I suppose a lot came over here.

Old 04-09-2002, 01:53 AM   #19
Murphy3
Guru

some ideas simply need to be shut down
Old 04-09-2002, 01:59 AM   #20
grbh
Platinum Member

Fair enough Murphy. I call a truce. I will not post on this thread again. And let us let all issues go. You may not believe this but I reallly do like you. Regardless let us both move on.

Old 04-09-2002, 02:04 AM   #21
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

<< Rhylan, I think you haave me confused with someone else >>

Awwww, crap! You're right. I just went back and checked. It was Dooby. It's late, my bad. I knew it was someone that posted over here. Anyway, it was pretty sweet. If you wanna see it, it's &quot;I feel sorry for Ron&quot; from 1/1/02.

Franz Kafka still does drop the science every now and then over there; it's always funny. He's golden.

Smile.... when we did that sort of thing to the other guys, it was male bonding. When girls were victimized, it was like neophytic flirting! (Elementary school must suddenly make sense to you now, huh? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img])

Is neophytic a word? It's too late to be talking smack, methinks.
Old 04-09-2002, 02:09 AM   #22
grbh
Platinum Member

Every other poster of note has moved to this board, except for Franz. I would love to see him post here. Probably not going to happen due to his ties with dallasbasketbaall.com, but we can wish can't we.

Old 04-09-2002, 02:18 AM   #23
Kat

Kat is on a distinguished road

grbh - you sure are touchey tonight. MSBU?
Old 04-09-2002, 02:19 AM   #24
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

I haven't seen anything from Franz on db.com in a long time. But it is kind of funny, when you stop to think about it. Gary Adornato used to write for db.com, he never ventured this way either. But he doesn't post at LMF anymore either. I suppose he finally got a job or something. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I always liked his contributions, mainly because they were well thought out.

And of course, Chef Ed was &quot;run plumb off,&quot; to put it in country speak. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I kinda feel bad for the guy. He was a total dork, but we kind of reared our collective elitist head against him. So it makes you wonder. There's no db.com influence to be heard here, be that good or bad. Fisher used to drop notes here every now and then like he does at LMF, then stopped. Some say it was the downtime this summer... ??

So is there bad feeling there? I happen to like Fisher. I don't know of too many fish-haters around here but I know we've got one pretty vocal one. (Who could that be?)

I just think it's all kinda cool. It's like petty, cliquish drama and intrigue in the Dallas Mavericks Universe. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-09-2002, 02:23 AM   #25
Murphy3
Guru

i'm not too familiar with LMF or this fish character. I'm sorry i can't help you out more with this situation.. but someone said something sometime about fish and some things that he had done in the past and things snowballed and next thing you know..the mavericks got hot and fish was banned from the board..

that's kinda how i remember it.

i also heard he's rather jealous about the popularity of this site.. something about wanting to be the best mavs site ..and something about disappointment because this board took off..

or maybe i'm getting my stories mixed up or somesuch
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-09-2002, 02:30 AM   #26
Smiles
Diamond Member

Kat!!! Look out! Might start some big time trouble.... lol
Old 04-09-2002, 02:31 AM   #27
Murphy3
Guru

MSBU?
= Missouri State Baptist University?
Old 04-09-2002, 02:32 AM   #28
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

lol Murph....

the db.com board does suck, design-wise.

i used to read over there every once in a while but it's pretty much vapor now.
Old 04-09-2002, 02:34 AM   #29
Murphy3
Guru

it is so difficult to get anything accomplished there.. the set up is horrible
Old 04-09-2002, 02:36 AM   #30
Murphy3
Guru

or somesuch
Old 04-09-2002, 02:37 AM   #31
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

<< it is so difficult to get anything accomplished there.. the set up is horrible >>

Yep. As a moderately experienced web developer, I feel like I can say that the entire site suffers from pretty bad design. Which is a shame, because it does have great content, the boards notwithstanding.

I have a buddy who is an architectural student and a complete genius with design and graphics.. I am trying to get him geared up to get together with me and make Fisher a proposal for a site redesign if it's still around in the next 6-9 months and my new job at IBM allows me. Just because I think it has massive potential.
Old 04-09-2002, 02:38 AM   #32
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

can someone PM me the original (murph??) as I'd be interested to see what the murphmeister thinks
Old 04-09-2002, 02:41 AM   #33
Smiles
Diamond Member

Scooter &quot;meister&quot; means master in german. i think it unwise to add to Murph's self-image, as bright and blinding as it is. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] j/k
Old 04-09-2002, 02:42 AM   #34
Murphy3
Guru

anything with fisher involved has limited potential.....

did the part i erased sound sorta psychopathic?

good thing it's late at night and thank goodness for the edit button
Old 04-09-2002, 02:44 AM   #35
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

<< anything with fisher involved has limited potential.. >>

haha..... i'm talking potential in terms of promoting the Dallas Mavericks. if fisher's the mouthpiece, fisher's the mouthpiece. he does a good job of covering the mavs and writing articles. People who use the website don't have to listen to his show or be privy to the DFW radio scene. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

<< did the part i erased sound sorta psychopathic? >>

yeah, when I read it I thought I heard a &quot;muhahahahahaha...&quot;-esque evil laugh in the background. My old boss sometimes laughs like that, cool as he is. We called it his &quot;i'm going to conquer the world&quot; laugh, or alternatively, his &quot;that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard&quot; laugh, depending on context.
Old 04-09-2002, 02:48 AM   #36
Smiles
Diamond Member

<< Smile.... when we did that sort of thing to the other guys, it was male bonding. When girls were victimized, it was like neophytic flirting! (Elementary school must suddenly make sense to you now, huh? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img])

Is neophytic a word? It's too late to be talking smack, methinks.
>>

Most of the kids in my elementary classes were boys, and man were they rough sometimes!! I held my own okay, then ran to our bouncer-looking teacher when I knew I was outmatched.
Old 04-09-2002, 03:02 AM   #37
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

<< Most of the kids in my elementary classes were boys, and man were they rough sometimes!! I held my own okay, then ran to our bouncer-looking teacher when I knew I was outmatched. >>

Ahh, the suppressed memories are starting to surface. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] For the record, I was never rough with girls as a kid... but we did have our share of neighboorhood brawls among the boys. Or I did, anyways. Seems like I was the one getting pushed off his bike, fighting the kid across the street who did it, while my buds stood in the driveway watching. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] WIMPS!! That only happened once, really. Ok... memory lane is closed, I promise.

The point is this -- abuse builds character. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-09-2002, 10:10 AM   #38
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

This thread makes no sense whatsoever.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 10:12 AM   #39
Murphy3
Guru

look at your name and you will know why you cannot understand this thread
Old 04-09-2002, 11:20 AM   #40
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

<< look at your name and you will no why you cannot understand this thread >>

Ahhh...if that were true, then I wouldn't have noticed that you used the wrong spelling of &quot;know&quot;.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote