Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 06-05-2003, 06:26 PM   #1
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default Minorities

Are there any on this board besides me, chiwas, and aexchange?
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2003, 06:27 PM   #2
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Minorities

me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 06:33 PM   #3
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

are australians a minority? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 06:40 PM   #4
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Veruca, i was thinking about you when i did this but i wasn't sure, so i left you off.

Dj, what race are you?
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Old 06-05-2003, 06:58 PM   #5
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold
Default Minorities

And me. Asian pride, baby. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 06-05-2003, 07:01 PM   #6
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default Minorities

Man! I coudn't consider myself a minority being one of the 120 millions of Mexicans... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

(Well, in fact I am part of the minority of whites in my country [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] )

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Aren't the Germans in D-M, minority too?

And the Bradley's worshippers?

Maybe the Eddie's and Dirk's fans are the only majority here [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].

...and the republicans [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].
Old 06-05-2003, 07:23 PM   #7
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default Minorities

Can I get an actual definition of minorities?
Old 06-05-2003, 07:30 PM   #8
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Minorities

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever
Can I get an actual definition of minorities?
Yea no kiddin..my people outnumber everyone else in the world [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-05-2003, 07:33 PM   #9
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

well that's why i was thinking that i was a minority, after all there is only 17 million of us! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 07:41 PM   #10
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of
Default Minorities

i would never have considered myself as part of a minority. On the grand scale, anyone who is not of Chinese or Indian origin should be considered a minority.

But here, they are considered a minority group. Work that out?

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 08:57 AM   #11
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of
Default Minorities

Ermmm... I'm a gentlemen, a dying race.

Is that considered as minority?
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 09:04 AM   #12
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all
Default Minorities

Quote:
Originally posted by: TripleDipping
Ermmm... I'm a gentlemen, a dying race.

Is that considered as minority?
Than consider me a minority. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 09:15 AM   #13
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all
Default Minorities

I'm Latina. Does that count?
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-06-2003, 10:47 AM   #14
senorfrog

senorfrog is on a distinguished road
Default Minorities

I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body
Old 06-06-2003, 11:01 AM   #15
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all
Default Minorities

I am a white male.

Am I a minority?

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 11:08 AM   #16
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of
Default Minorities

Quote:
Originally posted by: senorfrog
I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body
Wow what a coincidence... me too!

Oh wait... I'm a man trapped in a lesbian's body... or a lesbian's body trapped in a man, or man trapped body lesbian...
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 12:41 PM   #17
Nash13
Diamond Member

A minority is a person in America who isn't WHITE.

~The Salesman
Old 06-06-2003, 12:49 PM   #18
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default Minorities

Quote:
Originally posted by: Nash13
Well not exactly. Women are considered "minorities" even though they make up about 50% of the population. So a white woman is still considered a minority. Anyone gay or living a nontraditional lifestyle would be considered a minority. Then you have religion.

But in truth isn't every one on the planet a member of some sort of minority group?

Usually most people use Minority to refer to everyon who isn't white, male, Anglo-Saxon, Protestant, and heterosexual.

Old 06-06-2003, 01:19 PM   #19
Rockets34Life

Rockets34Life is on a distinguished road
Default Minorities

I am. I'm Asian Indian.
Old 06-06-2003, 01:20 PM   #20
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Minorities

I'm a smartass..am i a minority?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 01:24 PM   #21
djb
Administrator

Not around here [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-06-2003, 01:25 PM   #22
Chiwas
Guru

Default Minorities

Quote:
What is a WHITE?

Old 06-06-2003, 01:34 PM   #23
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default Minorities

Quote:
Originally posted by: Chiwas
Quote:
What is a WHITE?
The abscence of color.
Old 06-06-2003, 01:34 PM   #24
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice
Default Minorities

Chiwas and I are friends...does that make ME a minority !

Note: Congrats on finishing the school year, 13...you're posting like there's no tomorrow.
Old 06-06-2003, 04:18 PM   #25
senorfrog

Default Minorities

I prefer less-filling... [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]
Old 06-06-2003, 04:25 PM   #26
senorfrog

Default Minorities

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
I'm a smartass..am i a minority?
No. You can find millions of us at www.smartass.com
Old 06-06-2003, 04:35 PM   #27
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Minorities

Quote:
Chiwas and I are friends...does that make ME a minority !
Yes
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 04:56 PM   #28
LRB
Guru

Default Minorities

Of course a "true" minority would be a guy who isn't a fan of the Korean Girl. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-06-2003, 05:01 PM   #29
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice
Default Minorities

Or my twins, Big Man.
Old 06-06-2003, 05:05 PM   #30
LRB
Guru

Default Minorities

Quote:
Originally posted by: OutletPass
Or my twins, Big Man.

Naw that would make them a "double minority". [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-06-2003, 05:59 PM   #31
Chiwas
Guru

Default Minorities

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Quote:
Quote:
What is a WHITE?
The abscence of color.
Hehe. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

White is made by all the colors.

Black is absence of color, then the colored offensive term use against black people should have been uncolored instead. In fact, black people aren't black, and neither white people are white.

But my question still stands in the race topic. What is a white? Italians are white? Canadians? French? White skin with black hair? Brunettes with blue or green eyes?

Blondes are white? (they look yellowish to me); Isn't Nicole Kidman Pinky? Is Antonio Banderas white or minority?

OP, Evil, sturm, Rhylan are whites or what?

Or only Wasp's are white? Maybe authentic whites are really a minority in the US.

It's confusing.

What were you thinking, 13?

Old 06-06-2003, 06:28 PM   #32
OutletPass
Diamond Member

Default Minorities

I think it's time for john Lennon's "Imagine" right about now...

C'mon sing along !
Old 06-06-2003, 06:45 PM   #33
Chiwas
Guru

Default Minorities

[img]i/expressions/musicnote.gif[/img]

IMAGINE

by John Lennon

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Old 06-06-2003, 07:31 PM   #34
LRB
Guru

Default Minorities

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Quote:
Quote:
What is a WHITE?
The abscence of color.
Hehe. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

White is made by all the colors.

Black is absence of color, then the colored offensive term use against black people should have been uncolored instead. In fact, black people aren't black, and neither white people are white.

But my question still stands in the race topic. What is a white? Italians are white? Canadians? French? White skin with black hair? Brunettes with blue or green eyes?

Blondes are white? (they look yellowish to me); Isn't Nicole Kidman Pinky? Is Antonio Banderas white or minority?

OP, Evil, sturm, Rhylan are whites or what?

Or only Wasp's are white? Maybe authentic whites are really a minority in the US.

It's confusing.

What were you thinking, 13?
Chiwas you are absolutely correct about "white" being all colors in the technical definition, but in the Political Correctness definition, I'll still stick with the abscence of color althought that's not totally accurate, it's darn close. Trouble is that people are becoming more and more mixed in their heritage? Take Tiger Woods. When he fills out those forms asking for his race he could ansewer affirmative in several categories. Perhaps it's time to start putting race aside and start viewing people by who they are and not the features that their DNA show's to the world.
Old 06-06-2003, 08:01 PM   #35
Chiwas
Guru

Default Minorities

Quote:
Chiwas you are absolutely correct about "white" being all colors in the technical definition, but in the Political Correctness definition, I'll still stick with the abscence of color althought that's not totally accurate, it's darn close. Trouble is that people are becoming more and more mixed in their heritage? Take Tiger Woods. When he fills out those forms asking for his race he could ansewer affirmative in several categories. Perhaps it's time to start putting race aside and start viewing people by who they are and not the features that their DNA show's to the world.
The ironic of the subject, LRB, is that everyone, every human being, has the original genetic inheritance from Africa.
Old 06-06-2003, 10:50 PM   #36
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default Minorities

I am a fan of Texas Rangers. Is that a dying race?
Old 06-06-2003, 10:56 PM   #37
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I'm Irish.... is that a minority?
Old 06-07-2003, 02:24 AM   #38
Re-Dirkilous

Re-Dirkilous is on a distinguished road

well if u like the Cowboys..
Old 06-07-2003, 10:20 AM   #39
Chiwas
Guru

Default Minorities

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever
I am a fan of Texas Rangers. Is that a dying race?
The 0-7 streak? It seems so.

Old 06-07-2003, 11:05 AM   #40
Nash13
Diamond Member

Ok smartasses, how about you just say your race/nationality.

~The Salesman