Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-03-2006, 02:16 PM   #1
Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud of
Default Good luck (but not too much!) to the coming year...

What a great time for all fans. I know that Mavs fans will be excited to watch the Mavs this year aspire to get back into the NBA Finals to take care of unfinished business.

I came onto this website last year after the Spurs series to wish you luck in the NBA Finals. I stayed around because I enjoyed reading the comments here--alot of really good knowledgeable fans making comments--I even endure the good natured (and sometimes not so good natured) kidding from Mav fans about my team, the Spurs.

I think this is going to be a great year for both teams. I knew when AJ joined the Mavs, your team would go to heights never before under any other coach. I just didn't realize it would happen so soon.

I enjoyed reading the posts about the Mavs media day.

My prediction--the Spurs and the Mavs in the WCF. The winner will win the NBA Finals.

To get there--what do you think will be the key for both teams? I personally think Tim's health will be the eventual key. He is a little older. He needs help from other players throughout the year.

For the Mavs--I think alot will depend on the development of Devin Harris. As important as Jet was in the playoffs for the Mavs last year, DH will will to step up his game this year. He has the skill, speed, and everything else.

AJ needs to groom him the same way that Pop did to Parker. Gve him the keys to the franchise and stay on him constantly to improve.
Big Shot Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2006, 02:19 PM   #2
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Shot Rob
What a great time for all fans. I know that Mavs fans will be excited to watch the Mavs this year aspire to get back into the NBA Finals to take care of unfinished business.

I came onto this website last year after the Spurs series to wish you luck in the NBA Finals. I stayed around because I enjoyed reading the comments here--alot of really good knowledgeable fans making comments--I even endure the good natured (and sometimes not so good natured) kidding from Mav fans about my team, the Spurs.

I think this is going to be a great year for both teams. I knew when AJ joined the Mavs, your team would go to heights never before under any other coach. I just didn't realize it would happen so soon.

I enjoyed reading the posts about the Mavs media day.

My prediction--the Spurs and the Mavs in the WCF. The winner will win the NBA Finals.

To get there--what do you think will be the key for both teams? I personally think Tim's health will be the eventual key. He is a little older. He needs help from other players throughout the year.

For the Mavs--I think alot will depend on the development of Devin Harris. As important as Jet was in the playoffs for the Mavs last year, DH will will to step up his game this year. He has the skill, speed, and everything else.

AJ needs to groom him the same way that Pop did to Parker. Gve him the keys to the franchise and stay on him constantly to improve.
I really hope Harris pops this year. I thought last year's SA series was a preview of things to come....a bit of injury free-ness in this regard will likely be an important thing.

Also interesting to see is whether Stack has any game left....he really looked out of gas in the finals, and it remains to be seen whether he'll give the Mavs much.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:21 PM   #3
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Old 10-03-2006, 02:25 PM   #4
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
I really hope Harris pops this year. I thought last year's SA series was a preview of things to come....a bit of injury free-ness in this regard will likely be an important thing.

Also interesting to see is whether Stack has any game left....he really looked out of gas in the finals, and it remains to be seen whether he'll give the Mavs much.
Stack out of gas? The 10 straight points? The most gutsy play by any Mav during the Finals, the big block on Udonis during Game 6?
Old 10-03-2006, 02:27 PM   #5
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcity

LOL!!!

Although I do respect San Antonio more than any other team in the league, simply because I think they're the ONLY team that can beat us (without the help of David Stern's refs...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 02:27 PM   #6
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackAttack
Stack out of gas? The 10 straight points? The most gutsy play by any Mav during the Finals, the big block on Udonis during Game 6?
I was thinking about a half a dozen times where he went for a dunk and caught the back iron (like he didn't have the lift he expected)....I don't doubt that he's got a lot of heart, but I ain't sure he's got a lot of legs.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:16 PM   #7
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I think Devin and Jho are the keys for us this year. If they both have improved over the offseason we are in very good shape.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 09:00 PM   #8
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I enjoy your posts as well Big shot. I've tried to post on the other spurs boards but alas, they are ban happy.

Good luck up and until the point you play the mavs.

I must admit I will be happy to have the opportunity to cheer mikey in the regular season. But alas, it will not be so in the playoffs. Assuming you guys get that far.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote