Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-29-2010, 11:06 PM   #1201
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
Well I don't see how you think it's any different from "OMG PLAY RODDY" "Why the hell is Barea on the floor!" "Fire Carlisle!" "If Roddy played we would have won this series!". I mean I've been hearing that and putting up with it for the whole f'ing season so I don't see why I shouldn't be able to make similar remarks.
First of all, those remarks are laced with frustration, not sheer pessimism and cynicism like yours. There's a difference.

But secondly, I think the people who only post things like that are nearly as culpable as you. It's not like I'm sitting here praising those folks. And just because they do it doesn't mean you should. You've been around here awhile (longer than me) and have been a respected board member, so I don't see why you should lower yourself to what you see as the standard being set by some of the annoying newer members.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2010, 11:10 PM   #1202
TVI

TVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcm28 View Post
Hill is now officially in my most hated list. He sucks ass. ITs just that bad players always play good against mavs.
Congratulations for stupid post of the night. Hill was a serious candidate for MIP this year. look it up.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:12 PM   #1203
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVI View Post
Congratulations for stupid post of the night. Hill was a serious candidate for MIP this year. look it up.
TVI sighting!!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:35 PM   #1204
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just expressing what I believe. If it annoys you I'm sorry, but that's what message boards are for. You can write whatever you feel like until it violates the rules. Game day threads are largely emotional and you will find that I keep most of my emotional responses in them. Go check the off season thread if you want to see my criticisms or thoughts.

I'm a mavs fan believe it or not and I want to be positive, but I want to call it the way I see it. If the way I see it frustrates you then feel free to put me on the ignore list.

I guess I should be more like Flaco. I don't see him posting as much in game day threads as much as he use to. You can call us pessimistic but we like to keep it real. If people aren't free to express their opinions on a message board, especially on a heated game day thread then what's the point of having one. Yea I take my shots at some people for their opinions too but most of the time I understand where they are coming from, unless they are some troll.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:53 PM   #1205
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
I'm just expressing what I believe. If it annoys you I'm sorry, but that's what message boards are for. You can write whatever you feel like until it violates the rules. Game day threads are largely emotional and you will find that I keep most of my emotional responses in them. Go check the off season thread if you want to see my criticisms or thoughts.

I'm a mavs fan believe it or not and I want to be positive, but I want to call it the way I see it. If the way I see it frustrates you then feel free to put me on the ignore list.

I guess I should be more like Flaco. I don't see him posting as much in game day threads as much as he use to. You can call us pessimistic but we like to keep it real. If people aren't free to express their opinions on a message board, especially on a heated game day thread then what's the point of having one. Yea I take my shots at some people for their opinions too but most of the time I understand where they are coming from, unless they are some troll.
No, I'm not going to ignore list you. But posting like you did in this GDT is nothing but destructive. Yes, you are entitled to your opinion. Yes, I fully support that. Yes, it is entirely within your right to continue posting like that next season, or whenever you please.

I am just letting you know that what you posted in here was destructive and didn't add anything.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:12 AM   #1206
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
No, I'm not going to ignore list you. But posting like you did in this GDT is nothing but destructive. Yes, you are entitled to your opinion. Yes, I fully support that. Yes, it is entirely within your right to continue posting like that next season, or whenever you please.

I am just letting you know that what you posted in here was destructive and didn't add anything.
Gee, are you like, into law or something?

Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:33 AM   #1207
SteveOh20
Banned

SteveOh20 can only hope to improve
Default I wonder if....

San Antonio sucks.

Last edited by mary; 04-30-2010 at 12:38 AM.
SteveOh20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:39 AM   #1208
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveOh20 View Post
San Antonio sucks.
truest first post in history.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 04-30-2010, 12:42 AM   #1209
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
truest first post in history.
Yeah, last edited by mary.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:58 AM   #1210
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Yeah, last edited by mary.
I'm sure that's what he meant to say.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:00 AM   #1211
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
I'm sure that's what he meant to say.
Ban all those retarded SA trolls, they're dirtying the board.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:26 AM   #1212
dirkadirkastany

dirkadirkastany is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
Ban all those retarded SA trolls, they're dirtying the board.
Couldn't agree more.
dirkadirkastany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:34 AM   #1213
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkadirkastany View Post
Couldn't agree more.
not another one.

Last edited by sike; 04-30-2010 at 09:51 AM.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:38 AM   #1214
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
not another one.
You're multiplying my friend.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy

Last edited by sike; 04-30-2010 at 09:51 AM.
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 05:39 AM   #1215
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
not another one.
Right, one Dirka is enough

Last edited by sike; 04-30-2010 at 09:52 AM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 05:41 AM   #1216
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

In case i will make it to the U.S. sometimes, i´m going to visit Longhorn and will stop by in S Antonio to pee in their silly river.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:09 AM   #1217
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
not another one.
1. Trolls must not be exposed to bright light, especially sunlight

2. Do not get troll wet (water causes reproduction roughly equivalent to one new troll per drop)

3. The most important rule (no matter how much they beg or cry); trolls must never, ever feed after midnight

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by sike; 04-30-2010 at 09:52 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:47 AM   #1218
elec99

elec99 will become famous soon enough

Time to blow it up. Seriously. You guys need a post player, maybe dirk can develop that. He'd be lethal combined with his pure jump shooting. Doesnt make sense that cuban can throw money at almost any player but he skips over the post player. Maybe the choices were slim prior to getting damp, and haywood was supposed to be that player.
Look into bosh, cuban can afford him.
Might also look into coaching changes, i'm sure mavs fans are wondering why roddy was under utilized. His speed, like devin harris, killed the spurs. But then again cuban might trade him too.
I never realized how old kidd was until these POs. He sure hid it well in the reg season. The dude couldnt move at all. I still think caron was a good trade, you just didnt have enough time to develop him into your system. I'd start roddy, maybe jjb could be his backup. But kidd...hmmm.... he's valuable when someone leaves him to double dirk since he can nail shots, but if you man up on him he's not too valuable in the POs. Trading him would sure help the finances if you pick up bosh.
elec99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:58 AM   #1219
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not seeing us needing a "post" player as much as someone who can score a little bit in the post. My definition of a post player is someone who you will throw the ball to and they'll either score or draw a double. There may be only 3 of those in the planet. The game has become a wing-dominated game and that's where the mavs are lacking. Possibly roddy can bring it up, but it has to be players who can make plays with the ball, unfortunately the matrix seems overmatched here right now.

He really,really, really needs to find a way to shoot the 3 effectively because the way he's being used now just clogs up the place and he's unreliable.

Roddy will help, jet needs to go and we really could use a center that has more o-game that wood or erick. Caron needs to lose about 15 pounds. I had hoped caron would be more manu-like, but he's not a very good playmaker at all. If possible I would move him back to the 3 and AGAIN find a 2. Maybe that is roddy, I don't know.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:03 AM   #1220
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Hill grabbed him buddy.
I was watching where I couldn't rewind the game. Is that true? Dirk acted like he got jobbed there for sure. That foul in the backcourt however...wow...
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 04-30-2010, 10:15 AM   #1221
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Caron needs to lose about 15 pounds. I had hoped caron would be more manu-like, but he's not a very good playmaker at all. If possible I would move him back to the 3 and AGAIN find a 2. Maybe that is roddy, I don't know.
exactly, Caron is the complete opposite of a playmaker. He gets the ball and holds it, looking for his shot. Sure, he can hit shots, but he doesn't make plays for others.

Parker and manu are playmakers. They get in the lane with ease. If the shot is there, they take it, and if not, they kick it out. How is it that we appear to be the only team in the league that doesn't understand the concept of "drive and kick"?
Old 04-30-2010, 10:21 AM   #1222
dude1394
Guru

I"m not sure we don't understand it or our gm hasn't focused on getting those type of players. Jet can't finish, caron doesn't distribute, jkiddo does drive and kick but he also can't finish.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:21 AM   #1223
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
exactly, Caron is the complete opposite of a playmaker. He gets the ball and holds it, looking for his shot. Sure, he can hit shots, but he doesn't make plays for others.

Parker and manu are playmakers. They get in the lane with ease. If the shot is there, they take it, and if not, they kick it out. How is it that we appear to be the only team in the league that doesn't understand the concept of "drive and kick"?
Most small forwards are not play makers. I wouldn't hold it against Butler that he is being played out of position.

But I agree that guys like Manu are needed on every team.

I tend to think that Roddy can be a guy like that. (By that I mean a guy who can get into the paint almost at will) And just like manu isn't a point guard but he still makes tons of plays for teammates, I feel Roddy can be in that mold.

Old 04-30-2010, 10:22 AM   #1224
dude1394
Guru

Are all of the postgame interviews up somewhere? spurstalk was giving props to dirk about his postgame but I havent' seen it.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:25 AM   #1225
TNT

TNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to all

huh, my home team won our main and hated rivalry by 39 points in semi-finals. Then we had a big party with our fans. Now 18:16 when i'm almost sober of yesterdays big win i watched nba.com.
Nice. It's a very big suprise for me, because i thought that this year is our year. Thought that Dirk can enjoy some happiness.
Now i hope that cavs will crush all opponents and get the title. lose spurs, nuggets, kobe, celtic's retirement home and so on..
Old 04-30-2010, 10:29 AM   #1226
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Most small forwards are not play makers. I wouldn't hold it against Butler that he is being played out of position.
Durant?

i would at least expect a 3 to be able to drive. The guys at that position are constantly getting quicker. caron (while a good player) is kind of a black hole on offense.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:45 AM   #1227
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Durant?

i would at least expect a 3 to be able to drive. The guys at that position are constantly getting quicker. caron (while a good player) is kind of a black hole on offense.
I definitely feel we didn't see his best at times in the small sample size we've gotten thus far.

He is a solid player. And when right, I think he could be a good #2 option. I'm not sure he is a championship caliber #2, but a #2 none the less.

Old 04-30-2010, 10:51 AM   #1228
dude1394
Guru

If caron is the 2 then we may have issues. Cubes just has to get a playmaker out there who isn't such a defensive liability. Maybe it's roddy, sure hope so.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:53 AM   #1229
kwokjing

kwokjing is on a distinguished road

The reason for the Mavs failure is the sins of Don Nelson always come to haunt the Mavs in the postseason.

Last edited by kwokjing; 04-30-2010 at 11:12 AM.
kwokjing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:54 AM   #1230
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
If caron is the 2 then we may have issues. Cubes just has to get a playmaker out there who isn't such a defensive liability. Maybe it's roddy, sure hope so.
if not a true pg, I definitely see Roddy as a playmaker. Like I said in another thread...I wonder how different this team's mojo and style would be if all that was done was to swap JET's minutes with Roddy?

Old 04-30-2010, 10:54 AM   #1231
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
if not a true pg, I definitely see Roddy as a playmaker. Like I said in another thread...I wonder how different this team's mojo and style would be if all that was done was to swap JET's minutes with Roddy?
I have the feeling that Jason Kidd and Brendon Haywood look better almost instantly.

Old 04-30-2010, 10:58 AM   #1232
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Even if you throw out the fact that driving opens up outside shots, another factor is that it also energizes a team. It is extremely easy to become complacent on offense (and then subsequently lose energy on defense) when all you do is stand on the outside passing the ball around.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 04-30-2010 at 10:59 AM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:58 AM   #1233
dude1394
Guru

Jkiddo yea, not sure about wood. Still unclear about that guy.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:00 AM   #1234
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Even if you throw out the fact that driving opens up outside shots, another factor is that it also energizes a team. It is extremely easy to become complacent on offense (and then subsequently lose energy on defense) when all you do is stand on the outside passing the ball around.
Agreed...You can tell it when you are playing ball yourself. You get a pretty decent shot but there is a lane there.....if you take it you are making something very aggressive happen, it you just take the jumper you may/may not make it, but it's a passive move.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:02 AM   #1235
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Quote:
Agreed...You can tell it when you are playing ball yourself. You get a pretty decent shot but there is a lane there.....if you take it you are making something very aggressive happen, it you just take the jumper you may/may not make it, but it's a passive move.
Absolutely. I am basing my comment on my many years of high level basketball experience. If high level include high school, small college, and years of city league.