Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-30-2006, 12:30 PM   #1
fish

fish will become famous soon enough
Default db.com lives, and thanks

www.dallasbasketball.com is, after some time wrangling with tech-support people from Kavakistan or someplace, up and running. As is the DB.com Board (http://pub169.ezboard.com/bdallasbasketballdotcom). I'm still doing some tinkering to improve the look-and-feel in fact, any suggestions, hit me at fish@dallasbasketball.com) but JUST IN TIME we're ready to rock, inside practices, inside locker rooms, inside heads...
hello to y'all and thanks for your patience, your understanding, and even your occasional smartass remarks.
fish
Old 10-30-2006, 12:36 PM   #2
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

i smell fish
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:38 PM   #3
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

You couldn't by chance work towards getting the Yahoo board back up, could ya???

Thanks in advance!
Old 10-30-2006, 12:41 PM   #4
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male23Dan
You couldn't by chance work towards getting the Yahoo board back up, could ya???

Thanks in advance!
wait!!! Dan, are you saying you dont like those valuable members that came from Yahoo?

Im shocked sir, simply shocked
Old 10-30-2006, 01:46 PM   #5
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a suggestion fish....stop posting here and shut that retardatorium down. Since you don't feel the need to link our site on the front page (probably because we kick your sites ass in traffic) why should we give two shits about your site here?

And post this in the Lounge with all the other jokes for goodness sakes.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 02:16 PM   #6
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

For what it's worth, I found this site 5 1/2 years ago thanks to a link from db.com.

In 2001 and 2002 Fisher was the only guy around here on the radio talking Mavs on a regular basis that knew anything about basketball (cough Hardline cough).

Sure, things have changed since then, but we ain't gotta be rude.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 02:28 PM   #7
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan
For what it's worth, I found this site 5 1/2 years ago thanks to a link from db.com.

In 2001 and 2002 Fisher was the only guy around here on the radio talking Mavs on a regular basis that knew anything about basketball (cough Hardline cough).

You ARE referring to Doc.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:40 PM   #8
Drbio
Banned

I find it pretty telling that db.com has for years left off D-M.com from their links yet wants to post his shit here anyways.

Call it rude if you must, but let's not be coy here. fish is whoring his site at the expense of ours. F'em.

LMF gets a nod but he can't put up a D-M.com link? Suck it fish.

Last edited by Drbio; 10-30-2006 at 03:41 PM.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:03 PM   #9
fish

fish will become famous soon enough
Default misinformed

drbio, the link we used to have to d-m.com was taken down a while back because, as i recall, it didn't work (i think d-m.com was having some of the same techno problems i recently had.
i really have no interest, drbio, in engaging in a 'whip-it-out-and-let's-see-who's-is-bigger contest. I believe what an old bar owner once told me about more saloons moving into his neighborhood: that is wasn't "competition,'' but instead the creation of a "bar district.''
So the more mavs talk the better, and continued success.
I'll get a link up as soon as I can figure out how to under this new setup!
love, fish
Old 10-30-2006, 08:15 PM   #10
Drbio
Banned

Put up or shut up. Actions...not words.

Last edited by Drbio; 10-30-2006 at 08:16 PM.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:22 PM   #11
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Doc...the local hit man.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 08:31 PM   #12
shaw-xx
Golden Member

shaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to all

Overreaction to a loss...- -

Last edited by shaw-xx; 10-30-2006 at 08:31 PM.
shaw-xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 08:36 PM   #13
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Nevermind.....

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."

Last edited by nashtymavsfan13; 10-30-2006 at 09:02 PM.
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 08:37 PM   #14
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
He'll play.
??
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 08:51 PM   #15
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

This is true... I think there was a time somewhere in the spring of 2002 where the d-m.com was out of commission for a little while... I have a distinct recollection of spending the 2002 trading deadline on campus at A&M, using LMF for updates on the Van Exel/LaFrentz trade because there was no d-m.com at the time.

This was long before we were the megasite we are now.

There was a time, before the greater world figured out there were good things going on in Mav-land, that db.com was the #1 outlet for Mavs info. Forget the message board... we have the cream of the crop and nobody can touch us. But going on info and the occasional non-linear or contrarian POV, db.com carried the ball during the early Cuban years.

I always liked Fisher's show on 1190. Maybe that makes me a cro-magnon around here, but hell, this was before 103.3 had Galloway or before the Ticket discovered the Mavs. Yes, I like Galloway, too. So I stick up for Fish, especially when it gives me a rare opportunity to mess with Doc.

And you ALL know you wish you had his access to the Mavs. Fisher that is, not Doc.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 09:02 PM   #16
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
??
Shoot, wrong thread!

I had just looked at the Tony Parker thread before this one

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."

Last edited by nashtymavsfan13; 10-30-2006 at 09:02 PM.
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:30 PM   #17
Drbio
Banned

I posted a thread at db.com years ago and asked about the link disappearing.....the response was that this site sucked blah blah blah. So pardon me if I call bullshit on that fag-dominated site and just because fisher blows someone in the mavs front office and gets access it doesn't mean that everyone wants similar access. I'll keep my zipper up thank you very much.

Last edited by Drbio; 10-30-2006 at 10:50 PM.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:09 PM   #18
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Fish is perhaps the most intelligent sports writer and talk show host ever to grace the DFW area. Fish, I'm as giddy as a 16 year old boy that you don't always have to pay for sex. I'm glad that db.com is back up and available for our gentle musings.

Last edited by Murphy3; 10-30-2006 at 11:09 PM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 12:31 AM   #19
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish
drbio, the link we used to have to d-m.com was taken down a while back because, as i recall, it didn't work (i think d-m.com was having some of the same techno problems i recently had.
i really have no interest, drbio, in engaging in a 'whip-it-out-and-let's-see-who's-is-bigger contest. I believe what an old bar owner once told me about more saloons moving into his neighborhood: that is wasn't "competition,'' but instead the creation of a "bar district.''
So the more mavs talk the better, and continued success.
I'll get a link up as soon as I can figure out how to under this new setup!
love, fish
Hey fish! I took the liberty of editing your source page for dallasbasketball to add the link to Dallas-Mavs.com. The new source page is attached. You will want to unzip it, then rename it to just home_display.html then saving it to the root directory of the website(making a copy of the existing home_display.html first of course) .

PM me if you need further instruction.
Attached Files
File Type: zip home_display_new.zip (26.1 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 10-31-2006 at 12:35 AM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 01:03 AM   #20
Drbio
Banned

Reason #31,107 why D-M.com is better than the retardatorium that is db.com.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:20 AM   #21
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 01:59 AM   #22
shaw-xx
Golden Member

shaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to all

The Mavs team is better.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:49 AM   #23
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan

This is how I found this site too. For DRBIO to be such a armed forces lover he sure hates freedom of speech and press. Love what you believe in or change what you love.

Last edited by snoop; 10-31-2006 at 02:50 AM.
snoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 02:58 AM   #24
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

more than anything, I think doc was simply exercising his right to this freedom...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-31-2006, 05:07 PM   #25
Drbio
Banned

This isn't rocket science. I don't give two shits how you came here. That point is irrelevant.

It's easy. DipshitBasketball.com should either link to our site or stop posting shit threads like this one. Consistency is a bitch.

And that is my free speech post of the day.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:28 AM   #26
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to thank Fish for putting a link to his board on db.com.

We need a links page so we can return the favor.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:31 AM   #27
sike
The Preacha

thanks, fish.

our 5000+ members just let out a collective sigh of relief

Old 11-01-2006, 10:33 AM   #28
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
thanks, fish.

our 5000+ members just let out a collective sigh of relief
I let out mine for a different reason.

but anyway....now that there is a link, will Doc relent?
Old 11-01-2006, 10:33 AM   #29
sike
The Preacha

gas?

Old 11-01-2006, 10:36 AM   #30
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
gas?
mooseknuckle
Old 11-01-2006, 10:37 AM   #31
sike
The Preacha

ah....I should have known....silly me.

Old 11-01-2006, 10:42 AM   #32
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Hahaha... Mooseknucklestock is coming in March!!!
Old 11-01-2006, 10:45 AM   #33
sike
The Preacha

uh....I WON'T be there!

but she is preordering her tickets...
http://video.korea.co.kr/albums/peop...irl1.thumb.jpg

Old 11-01-2006, 10:46 AM   #34
sike
The Preacha

she is on the record as saying he "needs me my moosekuckle!"
http://www.patheticphotos.com/images...p-fat-girl.gif

Last edited by sike; 11-01-2006 at 10:47 AM.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:47 AM   #35
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
uh....I WON'T be there!

but she is preordering her tickets...
http://video.korea.co.kr/albums/peop...irl1.thumb.jpg
man you were quick with that pic

had that in your Favorites?
Old 11-01-2006, 10:47 AM   #36
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Sike, don't judge!!! Just because a woman is fat does not mean she has a mooseknuckle. Get it straight. As long as you know what to wear, you will never fall victim to mooseknucklitis!
Old 11-01-2006, 10:48 AM   #37
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
man you were quick with that pic

had that in your Favorites?
HAHAHAHAHA!

All I know is I appreciate that last link being in a link and not displayed directly to harm my pupils. You thought mooseknuckle was nasty! Geez!
Old 11-01-2006, 10:49 AM   #38
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I feel like we're getting off topic...

So I'd like to offer db.com the use of any of our fine mooseknuckle related content
Old 11-01-2006, 10:50 AM   #39
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Bullshit. I have it copyrighted. A patent is pending for my mooseknuckle mug. One helluva spout!
Old 11-01-2006, 03:42 PM   #40
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I let out mine for a different reason.

but anyway....now that there is a link, will Doc relent?
On that point sure but fish is still an underinformed dope. It is good that he has DLord to carry him.