Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-17-2008, 05:13 PM   #1
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future
Default Bucks sign Tyronn Lue and Malik Allen

link

don't know if anybody here has posted it yet.
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2008, 05:13 PM   #2
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

They cleaned us out pretty good didn't they.

As a good gesture, they should trade us Michael Redd for Damp.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 05:14 PM   #3
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm distraught....

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 05:15 PM   #4
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

I was hoping Tyronn Lue would be our backup pg. Guess we're going with Barea and JET.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 05:28 PM   #5
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

The Lue signing is actually mildly interesting. The Bucks already have Mo Williams and Ramon Sessions. The FO has been so high on Sessions why do they need Lue???
Old 07-17-2008, 05:31 PM   #6
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

^insurance...

I didn't like Lue at all. I think JJB is better now with more exp.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 07:13 PM   #7
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

discuss in Free Agency thread.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 08:52 PM   #8
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog
The Lue signing is actually mildly interesting. The Bucks already have Mo Williams and Ramon Sessions. The FO has been so high on Sessions why do they need Lue???
They make like Session's but they didn't see enough of him last season to know if he's a player in this league. Am I confusing him with someone else? Didn't he have like a great 2 week run at the end of last season? I wonder how do they feel about MO Williams. I know they liked him going into last season but seems like their's always ramblings concerning him being dealt.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 11:00 PM   #9
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
They make like Session's but they didn't see enough of him last season to know if he's a player in this league. Am I confusing him with someone else? Didn't he have like a great 2 week run at the end of last season? I wonder how do they feel about MO Williams. I know they liked him going into last season but seems like their's always ramblings concerning him being dealt.
I seem to remember at the end of last season the Bucks braintrust was souring a bit on Williams. Not sure why. But you're right about Sessions. It was really just a bit of time at the end of the season when he was putting up double-doubles (pts and assists).
Old 07-18-2008, 09:26 AM   #10
Eman

Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all
Default Milwaukee signs Lue, Malik Allen

Milwaukee signs veterans Lue, M. Allen
July 17, 2008
CBSSports.com wire reports

MILWAUKEE -- The Milwaukee Bucks have signed guard Tyronn Lue and forward Malik Allen, giving new coach Scott Skiles two more veterans to work with.

The team did not reveal terms of either contract.

The 31-year-old Lue played for Atlanta and Dallas last season, averaging 5.8 points and 1.5 assists in 50 games.

The 6-foot guard was drafted out of Nebraska with the 23rd pick in the 1998 draft. He has averaged 8.9 points, 3.3 assists and 1.8 rebounds in his 10-year career, which included championship seasons with the Los Angeles Lakers in 2000 and 2001.

Allen began last season in New Jersey before being traded to Dallas. The 6-foot-10 Allen averaged 4.6 points and 2.7 rebounds last season and has averaged 5.7 points and 3.2 rebounds in his seven-year career.

AP NEWS

Not to sorry to see them gone.
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 10:03 AM   #11
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

One man's trash is another man's treasure...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 10:28 AM   #12
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

I liked Lue, but he's replaceable. Allen was worthless when his jumper wasn't falling.

Last edited by ghazi; 07-18-2008 at 10:29 AM.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 10:38 AM   #13
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Lue got 2 years 5 million. He said he would have taken Boston if they offered 1.8 million for one year, they offered 1.2 million.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 11:26 AM   #14
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma
Lue got 2 years 5 million. He said he would have taken Boston if they offered 1.8 million for one year, they offered 1.2 million.
goes to show you-- guys have preference but money ultimately counts
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 12:46 PM   #15
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

He has to feed his family I suppose...

I liked Lue on our team.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 01:27 PM   #16
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

i liked allen he didnt bring alot but a solid backup he was just pushed far too mush into action as a 5 when he is a clear cut 4
Old 07-18-2008, 01:31 PM   #17
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
One man's trash is another man's treasure...
Well said.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 01:54 PM   #18
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Haha, Alby's head is going to explode.

Anyways, I think this says more about Scott Skiles and why Avery wasn't even Chicago's Plan C than anything.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:28 PM   #19
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

dont really care..
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote