Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 10-15-2008, 11:12 PM   #41
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Pointing out hypocrisy is not a personal attack. By that logic, every poorly worded, misspelled question you asked of thig and me yesterday were personal attacks. Which of course, they weren't.
NM

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 10-16-2008 at 12:01 AM.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2008, 11:14 PM   #42
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

I can't wait for this election to be over.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:17 PM   #43
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Silk, seriously, stop taking accusations against you and just parroting them back. It's ridiculous.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:18 PM   #44
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

this is all vintage creditXsilk
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:20 PM   #45
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

NM

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 10-16-2008 at 12:01 AM.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:22 PM   #46
Silk Smoov
Banned

DELETE THIS WHOLE THREAD!!!! PERIOD!!!! Thats how you start to show you want to moderate. By you allowing this attack thread shows you endorse these attacks against the forum standards..Just delete the entire thread. Thats all you have to do...
Old 10-15-2008, 11:44 PM   #47
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Silk...please...you are going to have to get along with better with others if you want your voice to be heard. You seem to be on a "shock and awe" campaign to prove some small point. But that point doesn't need to be proven. Or, to put a finer point on it, that point CANNOT be proven no matter what you do. We all--or, almost all--already know it.

We all know that racism does indeed still exist. You are offering nothing new here. We know that it exists on this board, with the frequent "Hussein" references to Obama. But again, nothing new here. What are you trying to do, erase racism singlehandedly? If so, good luck to you, bro. But you and I both know that you aren't going to be able to do it.

Why don't you just let it go, and discuss politics if you like. Yes, I know that you were called out in this thread by the resident racist, but this is your opportunity to be above the fray. Show that you aren't willing to play that game. Show that you aren't willing to drop to that level. Show that you are modern, and the resident racist is not.

Truth be known, I'd guess that you are getting close to being banned by now. It's because you are getting down in the mud with the "Hussein" race-baiter, I know, but the result is still the same. I admire your pluck...but I don't guess it will last long in this environment.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:54 PM   #48
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Silk...please...you are going to have to get along with better with others if you want your voice to be heard. You seem to be on a "shock and awe" campaign to prove some small point. But that point doesn't need to be proven. Or, to put a finer point on it, that point CANNOT be proven no matter what you do. We all--or, almost all--already know it.

We all know that racism does indeed still exist. You are offering nothing new here. We know that it exists on this board, with the frequent "Hussein" references to Obama. But again, nothing new here. What are you trying to do, erase racism singlehandedly? If so, good luck to you, bro. But you and I both know that you aren't going to be able to do it.

Why don't you just let it go, and discuss politics if you like. Yes, I know that you were called out in this thread by the resident racist, but this is your opportunity to be above the fray. Show that you aren't willing to play that game. Show that you aren't willing to drop to that level. Show that you are modern, and the resident racist is not.

Truth be known, I'd guess that you are getting close to being banned by now. It's because you are getting down in the mud with the "Hussein" race-baiter, I know, but the result is still the same. I admire your pluck...but I don't guess it will last long in this environment.
Thanks. I agree 100% with you. I just get so tired of it, so I figure at least I can say something to be heard, and maybe a moderator will say something about this and calm this all. I just hate that we have a couple of moderators who are the main ones with all this sarcasm stuff and expect me to just accept it. But, you are right, I should just avoid it and just let it go. You are right, I know there are a couple of moderators trying to ban me, but I know there are some good moderators here who know I am just trying to defend what I see as racism. I guess I can say it is a blessing for me for those moderators, because if it was up to the couple of moderators I would have been long gone.

From here on out, I will just let it go and just keep it political here on this political forum. I cant win the battle, it is too big for me. Thanks for that post. I really needed it.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:02 AM   #49
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
I just get so tired of it, so I figure at least I can say something to be heard
I hear you, man. I'm tired of it, too. I'm sick and tired of it. But you can't beat racism back by enjoining the guys who are racist but hide behind some sort of veil.

If he comes out and says what he believes, you can take him on. But as long as he hides behind Thomas Sowell and Clarence Thomas...well, what can you do?

I guess you can only do what we all have been doing for all this time, which is to pretend that no one is racist anymore in this grand educated society of ours in the 21st century...so why would anyone even suggest we are?
Old 10-16-2008, 12:05 AM   #50
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder what Clayton Bigsby would think of Obama.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:09 AM   #51
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I hear you, man. I'm tired of it, too. I'm sick and tired of it. But you can't beat racism back by enjoining the guys who are racist but hide behind some sort of veil.

If he comes out and says what he believes, you can take him on. But as long as he hides behind Thomas Sowell and Clarence Thomas...well, what can you do?

I guess you can only do what we all have been doing for all this time, which is to pretend that no one is racist anymore in this grand educated society of ours in the 21st century...so why would anyone even suggest we are?
Man, you are so right. He even went so far as to say he hates Jesse Jackson. I can somewhat understand Al Shapton bit because I am not a big fan of him, but I think Jesse has done so much, yes he has stumbled lately, but we have all fallen short.

I just edited most of my posts here to start the process of letting it go. Once again, thanks for your encouraging words. It lets me know that I am not the only one who sees it.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:40 AM   #52
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

this thread is unfortunate and reflects poorly on this site. let's move on.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:21 AM   #53
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Mr. Sowell probably formed my political and economic opinions more than anyone except possibly Ayn Rand.
Well that explains a lot.
Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:23 PM   #54
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

The latest.
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pa...=3.14.1&sflg=1

Ashleigh Jones

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:24 PM   #55
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 10-17-2008 at 06:24 PM.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:25 PM   #56
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epitome22 View Post
Well that explains a lot.
It surely does, for both of us.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:26 PM   #57
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
The latest.
gee, is this so big a news story that you had to post the it in two different threads?
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 09:16 AM   #58
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog View Post
gee, is this so big a news story that you had to post the it in two different threads?
No I just had to keep the gallery up to date. The list of racists is growing very quickly. Also it was pertinent on two levels.

1. Thuogocracy
2. A testament to how easy it is to become a racist in silks world.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:21 AM   #59
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
No I just had to keep the gallery up to date. The list of racists is growing very quickly. Also it was pertinent on two levels.

1. Thuogocracy
2. A testament to how easy it is to become a racist in silks world.
so a person is a "thug" if they believe someone is a racist and calls them one?

quick, you need to call websters and let them know of your novel definition.....
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 03:32 PM   #60
chumdawg
Guru

Here's Rush Limbaugh on the Colin Powell endorsement of Obama:

Quote:
"Secretary Powell says his endorsement is not about race... OK, fine. I am now researching his past endorsements to see if I can find all the inexperienced, very liberal, white candidates he has endorsed. I'll let you know what I come up with."
Guys, it's doesn't get any more racist than that. It just doesn't.
Old 10-19-2008, 06:03 PM   #61
dude1394
Guru

A new portrait in the racist gallery.
Reuben Navarrette Jr.

Quote:
Ruben Navarrette Jr. is a nationally syndicated columnist with the Washington Post Writers Group. His twice weekly column appears in more than 175 newspapers. The second-generation Mexican-American is one of fewer than 10 Latino syndicated columnists in the United States, and one of the country's youngest syndicated columnists overall.

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/the-dem...e-the-plumber/
Quote:
I realize it’s all about winning at this point. But someone has to ask: What has happened to the Democratic Party?

It seems like just yesterday that the party of Franklin D. Roosevelt and John F. Kennedy was talking about income equality and civil rights and worker protections and going to bat for the little guy, the blue collar laborer, the everyday Joe the Plumber.

Now, the well-to-do elites who run the Democratic Party — and their surrogates — greet these people with brickbats. They insult them, talk down to them, and even try to destroy them. Isn’t that the sort of war on the working class that Democrats are always accusing those greedy and heartless Republicans of waging?

In fact, since the Democratic presidential nominee isn’t exactly a drinking buddy of Joe Six-pack, he knew enough to recruit a regular Joe to be his running mate. What? Joe Biden wasn’t chosen for his eloquence or rhetorical discipline. It’s his job to schmooze so-called lunch bucket voters.

As long as, it seems, one of them doesn’t put down his lunch bucket, straighten his blue collar, and pipe up with an opinion. Or even deign to ask a question of a presidential candidate conducting an expedition through his working-class neighborhood.
Old 10-19-2008, 06:08 PM   #62
Silk Smoov
Banned

Please take your time and add Rush L to the gallery since you want to add people. If you need an updated photo let me know I can get one for you. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:08 PM   #63
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Now, the well-to-do elites who run the Democratic Party — and their surrogates — greet these people with brickbats. They insult them, talk down to them, and even try to destroy them.
Really, now?

This is how you make a name for yourself in right-wing radio. It is NOT how you make common sense.

What a loonbat this guy is. And what a loonbat the rest of you are who eat this stuff up.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:02 AM   #64
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
This is as offensive as the "N" word!!!

Yet, when I posted a joke that contained the "N" word is disappears.

Could the moderators please remove all offensive material?

Then again...would that require shutting down the board? After all, everything is offensive to somebody...the question is, who is allowed to be offended against and who is not?

It's all about C.H.A.N.G.E. :-)
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:06 AM   #65
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just ready for one of the two inept candidates to hurry up and get elected so that we can concentrate on sports.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:06 AM   #66
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

No, that is not as offensive as the N word. It's not offensive at all, really.

Your post, on the other hand, was completely offensive to anyone with any kind of sense.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 10-20-2008, 11:16 AM   #67
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Here's Rush Limbaugh on the Colin Powell endorsement of Obama:

Guys, it's doesn't get any more racist than that. It just doesn't.

For once you and I agree...Colin Powells support of Obama is very RACIST!!!
Old 10-20-2008, 11:22 AM   #68
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Not a shred of good has come from this thread.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:27 AM   #69
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a shred, Flaco. Sports Authority offers $10 off $25 or more with this Printable Coupon which may be used through Oct 25, 2008.

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 10-20-2008 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Cause Flaco's awesome
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:40 AM   #70
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
I'm just ready for one of the two inept candidates to hurry up and get elected so that we can concentrate on sports.
Finally, a post in this thread that I can agree with!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 02:14 PM   #71
92bDad
Platinum Member

What is it that we've heard a ratio of 6:1 of jokes at the expense of Republican candidates versus Democrat candidates.

If you make a joke about a Republican it's tongue and cheek and suppose to be funny, but if you make a joke about a Democrat, it's racist and mean spirited.

How is comparing Bush to Hitler suppose to be okay, but comparing Obama to anything NOT okay?

Typical Liberal Double Standard...why am I not surprised.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:16 PM   #72
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
What is it that we've heard a ratio of 6:1 of jokes at the expense of Republican candidates versus Democrat candidates.

If you make a joke about a Republican it's tongue and cheek and suppose to be funny, but if you make a joke about a Democrat, it's racist and mean spirited.

How is comparing Bush to Hitler suppose to be okay, but comparing Obama to anything NOT okay?

Typical Liberal Double Standard...why am I not surprised.
You are completely out of touch with reality. Just put the keyboard away.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-20-2008, 02:37 PM   #73
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Obama himself compared himself to Alfred E. Newman. That's Earcist.

that's also too many "himselfs" in one sentence.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 10-20-2008 at 02:38 PM. Reason: noting my sweet grammar skillz.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 03:05 PM   #74
92bDad
Platinum Member

I suppose reality is more offensive than funny...my bad...
Old 10-20-2008, 03:46 PM   #75
92bDad
Platinum Member

Honestly, when we hear jokes about any "Group" of people, is it not offensive to that "Group" of people...yet we still hear some people laughing. So is it funny? Is it racist? Is it wrong? Is it right?

Who's the Judge in all of this?

When a black comedian makes fun of white people, we hear laughter. When a white comedian makes fun of black people, we hear "Racist".

What part of this double standard is not understood?

Look I'm white, with major European background. I am more than happy to make fun of my roots. Changing French Fries to Freedom Fries was funny. Saying the White flag is the French National Flag is funny. It's also equally offensive, but nevertheless funny.

My feeling as a European-American is that making "Coward" jokes about the French is equal to making "N" jokes about African's.

Is it ever okay to make jokes of one and not the other? The answer is quite simply NO.

If you joke about one, then you must be able to joke about the other.

Comparing Bush to Hitler is highly offensive, and honestly, I don't see the humor in it. Yet, when someone demonizes Barrack Hussein Obama, they are labled racist.

Let me see, Bush has fought to help an oppressed people, while Obama has pushed to oppress people.

Which is closer to being like Hitler?

Groups like the NAACP to me are offensive. Do they serve for the advancement of ALL colors? They push for "Black" coaches, "Black" executives etc...but when is the last time that the NAACP has spoken up and pushed the NBA to have more European-American, or Indian-American or Asian-American players in sports? In the NBA?

When is the last time that the NAACP or ACORN has stood up and challenged the very people they represent to make a difference for themselve in themselves?

Obama represents Class Warfare, steal from the rich, keep for yourself and act like you give to the poor.

It's all about Socialism with Obama and quite frankly this is a "Pardon the pun" very dark day in America.

If I wanted to vote for Chance, I would vote for Ms. Rice to office, or perhaps JC Watts, or even Lynn Swan. My views are conservative and thus I vote conservative. Cultural background does not matter.

If we want to blame something, then point the fingers at the Media, at Society in general...perhaps these are what need a reality check.

My sincere apologies to those that I have offended and I accept the apologies in advance to those who have offended me. Hopefully this thread has opened up some eyes as to how horrible both sides of the aisle have treated and acted during this campaign...and I'm talking about Media and Voters.

I suppose it's like the old ARMS race. Perhaps it's time to offer a solution...You start calling out the people you agree with in beliefs when they cross the line and I'll call those out that I agree with when they cross the line. In the meantime, let's not attack our own candidates or those who honorably stand up for their candidates.

What do you say, are you with me?
Old 10-20-2008, 04:12 PM   #76
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

<insert famous line from Billy Madison here>

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-20-2008, 05:13 PM   #77
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
You are completely out of touch with reality. Just put the keyboard away.
jhig,
I have been trying to rep a couple of your posts here, but it does not do anything. Is there a problem with the rep system?
Old 10-20-2008, 05:14 PM   #78
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

The rep system, along with a few other features, are not working after the board upgrade. DJ has to tweak a few things to get them working properly.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-20-2008, 05:15 PM   #79
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
Honestly, when we hear jokes about any "Group" of people, is it not offensive to that "Group" of people...yet we still hear some people laughing. So is it funny? Is it racist? Is it wrong? Is it right?

Who's the Judge in all of this?

When a black comedian makes fun of white people, we hear laughter. When a white comedian makes fun of black people, we hear "Racist".

What part of this double standard is not understood?

Look I'm white, with major European background. I am more than happy to make fun of my roots. Changing French Fries to Freedom Fries was funny. Saying the White flag is the French National Flag is funny. It's also equally offensive, but nevertheless funny.

My feeling as a European-American is that making "Coward" jokes about the French is equal to making "N" jokes about African's.

Is it ever okay to make jokes of one and not the other? The answer is quite simply NO.

If you joke about one, then you must be able to joke about the other.

Comparing Bush to Hitler is highly offensive, and honestly, I don't see the humor in it. Yet, when someone demonizes Barrack Hussein Obama, they are labled racist.

Let me see, Bush has fought to help an oppressed people, while Obama has pushed to oppress people.

Which is closer to being like Hitler?

Groups like the NAACP to me are offensive. Do they serve for the advancement of ALL colors? They push for "Black" coaches, "Black" executives etc...but when is the last time that the NAACP has spoken up and pushed the NBA to have more European-American, or Indian-American or Asian-American players in sports? In the NBA?

When is the last time that the NAACP or ACORN has stood up and challenged the very people they represent to make a difference for themselve in themselves?

Obama represents Class Warfare, steal from the rich, keep for yourself and act like you give to the poor.

It's all about Socialism with Obama and quite frankly this is a "Pardon the pun" very dark day in America.

If I wanted to vote for Chance, I would vote for Ms. Rice to office, or perhaps JC Watts, or even Lynn Swan. My views are conservative and thus I vote conservative. Cultural background does not matter.

If we want to blame something, then point the fingers at the Media, at Society in general...perhaps these are what need a reality check.

My sincere apologies to those that I have offended and I accept the apologies in advance to those who have offended me. Hopefully this thread has opened up some eyes as to how horrible both sides of the aisle have treated and acted during this campaign...and I'm talking about Media and Voters.

I suppose it's like the old ARMS race. Perhaps it's time to offer a solution...You start calling out the people you agree with in beliefs when they cross the line and I'll call those out that I agree with when they cross the line. In the meantime, let's not attack our own candidates or those who honorably stand up for their candidates.

What do you say, are you with me?

Moderators, please take care of this guy, he is screaming for someone to take action on him.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:40 PM   #80
92bDad
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov View Post
Moderators, please take care of this guy, he is screaming for someone to take action on him.

Silk, you of all posters have eloquantly illustrated your own lack of tolerance.

Thankfully for both you and I, we live in a nation that we have the freedom to speak.

If anything, perhaps this thread should be deleted..."The Silk Smoov Racist Gallery"

Take care my brother, may our nation not fall onto the doom and gloom that either candidate is considered to lead us into.

Tags
horrible thread, time waster