Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Dallas-Mavs.com Stuff

Old 02-28-2007, 01:58 AM   #1
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cursed?

Is this site now cursed?
The banning of Doc? The absence of Murphy, Chum, U2, and some of the other major posters (honestly the better the Mavs have been the less the relevant posts I've seen from you guys)? And mostly the influx of trolls and newbies. Yes, I know I only have about 500 posts, but I had to earn the right to get past 25 posts from the elders on this site. What's up with all the new guys bumping posts? Where is the sense of pride in this site that was there when I joined up?
Is this site now on an Indian burial ground?
Old 02-28-2007, 04:38 AM   #2
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Two things are going on. Primarily, the Mavs are going so good that there is nothing to bitch about. Like it or not, bitching is the lifeblood of boards like these, and this one is no exception.

The other thing that's going on is that since the Mavs are going so well, any sort of analysis that even remotely hints at the Mavs not being the best thing since sliced white bread is met with righteous indignation by the legions of fanboys.

In other words, this board is basically just sitting around waitng for the Mavs to win a championship, at which time I suspect it will release an ejaculation the likes of which you have never even contemplated.

So basically you have two options: A) be critical of the Mavs where you see fit, yet face certain ridicule, or B) recite the pledge and relish in the glory as it may or may not come.

Me, I know better than to believe that the championship is already locked up and in Dallas. But I also know that you better not mention that...
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 07:36 AM   #3
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I am buried in work personally. And the little time I do have, the last couple of days at least coming to this site it's so slow that I give up and move on.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:17 AM   #4
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
I am buried in work personally. And the little time I do have, the last couple of days at least coming to this site it's so slow that I give up and move on.
Im pretty buried too, trying to catch up on things after vacation.

I think everyone is kind of waiting for April to hurry up and get here......
Old 02-28-2007, 09:33 AM   #5
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
In other words, this board is basically just sitting around waitng for the Mavs to win a championship, at which time I suspect it will release an ejaculation the likes of which you have never even contemplated.
this gave me a disturbing visual.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:44 AM   #6
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

The reality is that the closer we get to the playoffs, the lower the quality level of posts/threads will become, as more and more band wagon and less interested/committed fans start to become interested in the Mavs.

By the time we got the Finals last year I was literally scimming threads looking for the opinions of about 15 or so posters I wanted to read. Reading the entire board became impossible unless you wanted to slog through all the trivial stuff.

It's fun time to be a Mavs fan, but the watering down of this board is an unfortunate side efffect.

I remember being happy the Finals were over last year so the quality of the board would go back up. I think I even posted a wish of some sort on the subject.

And btw, Chum, I do agree with your point. The sense of entitlement around here is getting a bit disturbing. I already feel uncomfortable declaring my team the favorite. Believing that no other team has a chance to knock of the Mavs is incredibly naive.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:07 AM   #7
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

The slowness of the site lately is certainly a curse. Is it the Google Video player? I can't begrudge DJ any desire to make money for the site, but something new is making d-m unreadable, and it needs to be fixed.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:14 AM   #8
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy
The slowness of the site lately is certainly a curse. Is it the Google Video player? I can't begrudge DJ any desire to make money for the site, but something new is making d-m unreadable, and it needs to be fixed.
I thought when the site came back up today, it was running fine at first, but then it returned to normal. I didn't notice at the time if the videoes were up, but that would make sense that they are slowing the site down.

Its made posting/reading a real beating lately.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:24 AM   #9
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty sure the videos were here before the site started running so slow.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:25 AM   #10
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I certainly hope that things get a little better by playoff time. GDT threads in the playoffs would shut this thing down if its running like this.

Has dj identified the problem?

do we need to pony up a little money?

we want to help.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:33 PM   #11
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt the videos are causing the issue. The videos have been there for a couple of weeks at least.

Besides, the actual video isn't hosted on the d-m server... it's a google video so google hosts it.

I am so beaten down by the slowness that I don't even want to come here... it's too much of a beating and drains my lifeforce (much like the 24 episode when Jack caressed deadbrotherswife). If I make a post I just click reply then forget about it because no telling how long it will take to actually post.

I don't have the energy to post the O/U... but will attempt to.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:45 PM   #12
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't have the energy to post the O/U... but will attempt to.
I admire your courage.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:14 PM   #13
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
I admire your courage.

You sound like Dan Rather...
Old 03-01-2007, 05:47 PM   #14
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
You sound like Dan Rather...
You look like Dan Rather
Old 03-01-2007, 05:56 PM   #15
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
You look like Dan Rather
You ARE Dan Rather....
Old 03-01-2007, 06:58 PM   #16
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

I feel as old as Dan Rather.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:40 PM   #17
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

I've been pretty busy too considering that our Final exams are just around the corner. This is what we prefer to call the Cram stretch. And I when I say cram, I mean we really have to get our butts off and suffer the consequences of studying. But still, I find the time to post and spend a few hours a day in this site. I love this site and the people who post in it, no matter our differences. Hell, I even try to put up with the slowness that this board has been in the past few.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky

Last edited by mqywaaah; 03-01-2007 at 08:42 PM.
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:40 PM   #18
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
You ARE Dan Rather....
shhh