Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-12-2006, 05:53 PM   #81
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in a couple leagues, but no drafts yet. Too bad you can't really make a play at Julius Jones, given that he's going to split time with Barber. Though last year I did pick up Barber and he scored several touchdowns for me.

I'm pretty much looking to take Bledsoe with my first pick. Or maybe TO with my first and Bledsoe with my second. Then probably Witten with my third, or maybe a running back. Then I'll try to pick up Glenn. I may go ahead and draft the Dallas defense with one of my top picks, though. I'll have to sit down and figure all this out.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2006, 06:36 PM   #82
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

If you are looking to go dallas homer, pick to then jones then bledsoe as thats the order they will go. Jones went in the second round of this draft. Bledsoe the 7th or so and to the second.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 05:46 PM   #83
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Cowboys traded for a receiver! Some kid from Denver. Gave up a sixth-round pick. I think Adams is the kid's name. He was a third receiver for them last year, and he can return punts.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:57 PM   #84
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

anyone know how T.O. looked today in practice?

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 07:15 PM   #85
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I'm in a couple leagues, but no drafts yet. Too bad you can't really make a play at Julius Jones, given that he's going to split time with Barber. Though last year I did pick up Barber and he scored several touchdowns for me.

I'm pretty much looking to take Bledsoe with my first pick. Or maybe TO with my first and Bledsoe with my second. Then probably Witten with my third, or maybe a running back. Then I'll try to pick up Glenn. I may go ahead and draft the Dallas defense with one of my top picks, though. I'll have to sit down and figure all this out.
Don't take Bledsoe or TO with your first pick, you can get them much later in the draft.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 07:24 PM   #86
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
Since we mentioned fantasy baseball in other threads i figured i would mention my fantasy football team. I had the 11th pick in a 12 team league

Qb-E. Manning, Mcnair
rb-Jordan, Droughns, Rhodes, White, Perry,
Te- Crumpler, Davis
WR-Fitzgerald, Rod Smith, Muhammad, engram
K-Scobee
D-Baltimore.

Overall im happy.
Here's my team, I think I have you beat. I was the third pick in a 12 team league, and some idiot took Manning with the 2nd pick, so I got LJ with the third. It's a 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Def, and 1 K league.

QB Brady, Green
RB LJ, Westbrook, Droughns, Gado, White
WR Boldin, Houshmandzadeh, A. Johnson, Mason, A. Bryant
TE McMichael
K Graham
Def Carolina

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 08-17-2006, 07:42 PM   #87
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

your steal = a bryant

Contact Me
Old 08-17-2006, 08:31 PM   #88
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
Here's my team, I think I have you beat. I was the third pick in a 12 team league, and some idiot took Manning with the 2nd pick, so I got LJ with the third. It's a 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Def, and 1 K league.

QB Brady, Green
RB LJ, Westbrook, Droughns, Gado, White
WR Boldin, Houshmandzadeh, A. Johnson, Mason, A. Bryant
TE McMichael
K Graham
Def Carolina
Yeah i would say you probably have me beat though im better at receiver. It just largely comes down to me having the 11th pick and then having the first 5 rounds be auto draft. BTW i traded vernon davis for lj smith. Smith WILL be a top 5 fantasy TE this year.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:47 PM   #89
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yeah i would say you probably have me beat though im better at receiver. It just largely comes down to me having the 11th pick and then having the first 5 rounds be auto draft. BTW i traded vernon davis for lj smith. Smith WILL be a top 5 fantasy TE this year.
I donno, I like my receivers over yours, but we'll see. You definetly have me beat at TE though. I have Smith on one of my other teams, and I definetly think he's going to have a great year. That was a good trade, but Vernon will have a good year too.

I guess we'll really see who's better in the DM.com Fantasy Football League

Old 08-17-2006, 08:48 PM   #90
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
your steal = a bryant
Are you a Niners fan? I am even though we've had a rocky last couple of years

Old 08-17-2006, 09:21 PM   #91
Five-ofan
Guru

Fitzgerald is a clear upgrade over boldin if not a huge one. Smith is better than Tj and both third receivers suck however mushin is capable of a big year if he can just get someone to throw him the ball.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:15 PM   #92
chumdawg
Guru

I'd take Houshmanzadeh over Smith any day of the week, and twice on Sundays.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:46 PM   #93
alby
Guru

Quote:
Are you a Niners fan? I am even though we've had a rocky last couple of years
i live in the bay area where i go to school.. not really a niners fan, but looking at that passing game.. who else are they going to throw it to? =]

go boys =]

Contact Me
Old 08-17-2006, 11:00 PM   #94
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Fitzgerald is a clear upgrade over boldin if not a huge one. Smith is better than Tj and both third receivers suck however mushin is capable of a big year if he can just get someone to throw him the ball.
I think Fitzie is only slightly better than Boldin, and I think TJ is better than Smith. Mason is actually a solid third receiver, he had over 1,000 yards receiving last year, and Andre Johnson has a better chance than Mushin to have a big season.

Old 08-18-2006, 08:26 AM   #95
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd rate Nashty's receivers better as well, although Fitz is significantly better than Boldin.

We had a live draft in my yearly Sportsline draft, and several people didn't show and had them autodraft. Due to this, there's about four teams in the league that are fairly loaded, including mine:

QB's - Bledsoe, Kitna(watch out for him)
RB's - Tiki, Steven Jackson, Kevin Jones, Tatum Bell
WR's - Torry Holt, Boldin, Lee Evans, Koren Robinson(soon to be dropped )
TE's - Ben Watson, Kellen Winslow
Defense - Dallas

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 11:41 AM   #96
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
I think Fitzie is only slightly better than Boldin, and I think TJ is better than Smith. Mason is actually a solid third receiver, he had over 1,000 yards receiving last year, and Andre Johnson has a better chance than Mushin to have a big season.
I wasnt paying attention enough i guess. FYI, TJ will be your 4th best receiver out of that crew. He isnt that great in fantasy and mason is about as consistent as they come. Tj is in no way better than smith PLUS he is relying on a qb who we have no clue how healthy he is. You do have a loaded team.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:54 AM   #97
chumdawg
Guru

TJ's not that great in fantasy? You're crazy! Dude had a thousand yards and seven scores last year...and he is just getting better!

Rod Smith is getting ready to break in half anytime now...
Old 08-18-2006, 12:05 PM   #98
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
TJ's not that great in fantasy? You're crazy! Dude had a thousand yards and seven scores last year...and he is just getting better!

Rod Smith is getting ready to break in half anytime now...
Yeah, I don't get that either. T.J. Houzzi was the 19th ranked WR in my league last year.

I'd say Rod Smith is in for a down year, with age and another good receiver around to take balls away.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 12:26 PM   #99
Five-ofan
Guru

We shall see. I will be shocked if tj has more than 900 and 6 this year. Mason is a guaranteed 1000 yards and i think andre is in for a huge year.
Old 08-18-2006, 03:12 PM   #100
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Fantasy Football...

bleh!
Old 08-18-2006, 03:31 PM   #101
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
We shall see. I will be shocked if tj has more than 900 and 6 this year. Mason is a guaranteed 1000 yards and i think andre is in for a huge year.
I will be shocked if TJ gets less than a 1,000 next year. Palmer will be fine, and TJ is getting even better. I would definetly rank TJ over Smith.

Old 08-18-2006, 03:32 PM   #102
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male23Dan
Fantasy Football...

bleh!
Have you ever played before? Fantasy sports are so fun.

Old 08-18-2006, 03:38 PM   #103
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

On CBS Sportsline, they rank Fitzie the 4th overall receiver and Boldin the 7th.

The other receivers we talked about got these rankings: Andre Johnson 16th, TJ 22nd, Rod Smith 25th, Mason 20th, Mushin 40th, A.Bryant 43rd

So using what you said, "Fitz is a huge upgrade over Boldin" the same can be said about the difference between TJ and Smith. Fitz is 4 spots higher than Boldin, while TJ is 3 spots higher than Smith.

http://10608164788.football.sportsline.com/news/9136585

Last edited by nashtymavsfan13; 08-18-2006 at 03:39 PM.
Old 08-18-2006, 03:40 PM   #104
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Nashty... I played fantasy basketball once and I thought it was very boring. Can't bring myself to play the crap. You guys have fun with it. With that said, why don't you guys create a fantasy football/sports thread and stop filling the Cowboys Training Camp thread up with that garbage!!!
Old 08-18-2006, 03:43 PM   #105
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nashty... I played fantasy basketball once and I thought it was very boring. Can't bring myself to play the crap. You guys have fun with it. With that said, why don't you guys create a fantasy football/sports thread and stop filling the Cowboys Training Camp thread up with that garbage!!!
I agree....

Here's a good thread for this discussion..... link
Old 08-18-2006, 03:51 PM   #106
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Hey U2, can we make the draft an evening or a weekend? I don't have enough time during the day.

Old 08-18-2006, 04:00 PM   #107
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hey U2, can we make the draft an evening or a weekend? I don't have enough time during the day.
There are no weekend spots left.... and I guess I could make it an evening time but then I would be excluded from the live draft.....
Old 08-18-2006, 04:02 PM   #108
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Have you tried recently? Cuz I think spots open up as people delete their leagues. Maybe there is a weekend spot if you haven't tried recently.

Old 08-18-2006, 04:03 PM   #109
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Or even like mid afternoon would work, just not the middle of the day, or the morning.

Old 08-18-2006, 06:38 PM   #110
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Still flooding this thread................
Old 08-18-2006, 06:48 PM   #111
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Still flooding this thread................
Sorry, I'll stop now.

Old 08-19-2006, 04:18 PM   #112
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

WR Adams fails Cowboys physical, returned to Denver

August 18, 2006

OXNARD, Calif. (AP) -- Wide receiver Charlie Adams failed his physical with the Dallas Cowboys on Friday, voiding a trade with the Denver Broncos.

The Broncos sent Adams to Dallas for a sixth-round draft pick on Thursday.

"He just didn't pass our physical, that's all," Cowboys coach Bill Parcells said.

When asked why Adams failed the physical, Parcells said "it wasn't something we really knew about." The coach didn't elaborate.

With Patrick Crayton still out because of a sprained right foot, and Terrell Owens (hamstring) and Terry Glenn (foot blisters) having missed practices this week, Parcells wants to add some depth at receiver. Parcells said the team was still in the market for another receiver.

"I would say we would be kind of doing what we were doing," Parcells said.

The 6-foot-2, 190-pound Adams played in all 16 games for the Broncos last season, his third in the NFL. He caught 21 passes for 203 yards while also returning punts and kickoffs. He played in four games each in 2003 and 2004, primarily on special teams and without any catches.

Old 08-19-2006, 04:23 PM   #113
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Owens will have to practice more before playing for Cowboys

By STEPHEN HAWKINS, AP Sports Writer
August 19, 2006

OXNARD, Calif. (AP) -- Terrell Owens is going to have to practice more before he plays for Bill Parcells.

Parcells said the receiver won't play in the Dallas Cowboys' second preseason game Monday night against the New Orleans Saints. Owens went through his fifth straight practice Saturday since missing 14 in a row because of hamstring problem.

"He's gotten some pretty good work in this week, and I just don't want to start over next week," Parcells said. "Hopefully, he'll get his first real game action next weekend."

Owens didn't talk to reporters after the morning practice, the first of two for the Cowboys on their final full day of workouts at their California camp.

Since returning to practice Wednesday afternoon, Owens has gone through individual and team drills. He has run routes at full speed, making hard cuts without any apparent problems.

After the team's only workout Friday, Owens said he was "a little bit sorer than usual" but was still day to day. He wasn't sure if he would play Monday night.

Parcells said the decision to hold Owens out was final.

"Nothing will change my mind," Parcells said. "It's the natural course of events. I don't think you can play pro football practicing four to five days. I think you need more than that."

When asked how much time Owens needed, Parcells said, "I don't know the player that well, but certainly more than what he's had so far."

Dallas has a short turnaround between its next two preseason games. With a day off after playing New Orleans, the Cowboys have only two true days of practices before playing San Francisco at home Saturday night.

Owens first felt a twinge in his hamstring Aug. 2, but an MRI taken three days later was clear. Owens flew in several doctors and trainers, plus a hyperbaric chamber, because he still didn't feel right.

During Cowboys practices, Owens became a regular on the stationary bicycle. One day last week, he wore the uniform of Discovery Channel pro cycling team -- sporting the similar blue and silver colors of the Cowboys -- to poke fun at all the time he was pedaling on the sideline.

Owens remained in California last weekend when the Cowboys played their preseason opener in Seattle. When the team returned to the practice field Monday, Owens started doing more in his rehabilitation and missed only three more sessions before finally donning the pads again and joining his teammates.

"Even with the time that I've had off, just being Lance Armstrong on the bikes over here, I feel like I've still come in and they've put me in situations where I kind of had to push myself a little bit," Owens said Friday. "My conditioning, my wind is not where it needs to be. But it's a 16-week season, so I know my conditioning will be there."

Old 08-23-2006, 11:35 AM   #114
chumdawg
Guru

Henson is cut! (Well, not yet, but he's not gonna be on the roster, Bill says.)

Peterman was cut, too. And Shanle was traded to the Saints. Don't know yet what came back.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:38 AM   #115
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

As posted over on theboysblog.com:

My opinion on the roster below with their depth chart notations before names:

QB - 1)Bledsoe 2)Romo 3)Baker - 3
RB - 1)Jones 2)Barber 3)Thompson - 3
FB - 1)Polite - 1
TE - 1)Witten 2)Fasano 3)Hannam - 3
WR - 1)Owens 2)Glenn 3)Crayton 4)Hurd 5)Copper 6)Green - 6
OT - 1)Adams 2)Petitti 3)Columbo 4)McQuistan - 4
OG - 1)Kosier 2)Rivera 3)Proctor - 3
C - 1)Johnson 2)Gurode - 2
DE - 1)Canty 2)Spears 3)Ratliff 4)Hatcher - 4
DT - 1)Ferguson 2)Johnson 3)Stanley - 3
LB - 1)Ware 2)James 3)Ayodele 4)Ellis 5)Carpenter 6)Burnett 7)Singleton Boiman 9)Glymph - 9
CB - 1)Newman 2)Henry 3)Glenn 4)Reeves - 4
S - 1)Williams 2)Watkins 3)Davis 4)Elam - 4
ST - 1)Vanderjagt 2)Suisham 3)McBriar 4)Ladouceur - 4
Total - 53

My actual starters with their respective positions:

OFFENSE
QB - Bledsoe
RB - Jones
FB - Polite (Polite is replaced with Fasano on 2 TE sets)
TE - Witten
WR1 - Owens
WR2 - Glenn
LT - Adams
LG - Kosier
C - Johnson
RG - Rivera
RT - Petitti

DEFENSE
LE - Spears
DT - Ferguson
RE - Canty
LOLB - Ellis
MLB1 - James
MLB2 - Ayodele
ROLB - Ware
CB1 - Newman
FS - Watkins
SS - Williams
CB2 - Henry

SPECIAL TEAMS
K - Vanderjagt
KOS - Suisham
P - McBriar
LS - Ladouceur

EDITED TO REPLACE HENSON WITH BAKER AFTER THE RECENT NEWS OF HENSON'S FUTURE CUT!

Last edited by Male30Dan; 08-23-2006 at 11:57 AM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 11:42 AM   #116
chumdawg
Guru

I wonder if Henson might be getting traded. Bill doesn't want to say exactly what the deal is, other than that he won't be on the roster. He says he doesn't want to "jeopardize anything for the player" by talking about it now, but that later they can have a lengthy discussion.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:45 AM   #117
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Who could we get for Henson??? It was obviously a mistake to give up a 3rd round pick for him now that we look back on it. When you factor in the loss of that 3rd round pick, the loss of Peterson today, (another 3rd round pick), and the Rogers fiasco, (2nd round pick), we sure have thrown a lot of 1st day draft picks away recently.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:53 AM   #118
chumdawg
Guru

It's going back a ways, but how about the two #1's that went for Galloway, then became Johnson, and now are gone. Eh, that was a while back.

Don't know what kind of interest there would be in Henson. I would think a late draft choice at best. Evidently that's what Shanle brought in return (a 7th next year).

Bill also said they might go with two quarterbacks. Odd. Maybe since he might have to burn a roster spot on a kickoff man?
Old 08-23-2006, 12:00 PM   #119
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
It's going back a ways, but how about the two #1's that went for Galloway, then became Johnson, and now are gone. Eh, that was a while back.

Don't know what kind of interest there would be in Henson. I would think a late draft choice at best. Evidently that's what Shanle brought in return (a 7th next year).

Bill also said they might go with two quarterbacks. Odd. Maybe since he might have to burn a roster spot on a kickoff man?
Oh geez... Please don't bring up the Shaun Alexander/Steve Hutchinson whiff, (the two Pro-Bowl starters Seattle drafted with those picks)... I think I just vomited a little in my mouth!
Old 08-23-2006, 12:36 PM   #120
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

We just stole a 4th rounder away from the Saints for Shanle, (reported on ESPN)...

He wasn't even going to make the team... Wow!