Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-21-2006, 08:56 PM   #41
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

I know him personally and I GUARANTEE you he is.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2006, 09:24 PM   #42
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Great pass, great TD. Love it. Good to see Romo bounce back from the fumble & get it back on the next drive.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:53 PM   #43
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

haha bush with seven yards in the whole game and gets all the praise at the start of sports center.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:53 PM   #44
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

This is an effing joke. At least lebron is legitimately a truly great player and arguably the best player in the nba so his praise is understandable. Reggie bush was TERRIBLE today and he was unreal? This is taking alot not to curse. For those that wonder why i hate him this is why. He ran for 7 effing yard(that was originally an f bomb but i changed it) and we have a whole segment to mention how great he is? God this is annoying. If reggie rushes for more than 700 yards this year i will be shocked.

Last edited by Five-ofan; 08-21-2006 at 09:54 PM.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:02 PM   #45
Five-ofan
Guru

btw bethel johnson was the guy i was referring too.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:07 PM   #46
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Corsicana's own...
Old 08-21-2006, 10:08 PM   #47
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Wel played game by the Cowboys. Both QB's threw the ball very well. This was the first time I ever saw Romo in action, and he is a great looking young QB. That TD he threw to #14 (sorry, don't know his name) down the sideline where the D lineman jumped at him and he stood his ground then threw a perfect pass was beautiful.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 10:10 PM   #48
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

The Reggie lovefest is reminding me a lot of the Steve Nash lovefest. Only Reggie hasn't actually done anything yet. I mean come on, I like him too, but let's tap the brakes, mmkay? It wasn't even seven particularly awesome or interesting yards.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:10 PM   #49
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
Corsicana's own...
Yep he is but i also know that he really does run a 4.2. I shouldnt have said the fastest though because i bet that is actually Bennett but Bethel can run with anyone. He beat Reggie in a race when reggie came to camp.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:12 PM   #50
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Guarantee you Tyson outruns him in pads.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 10:13 PM   #51
Five-ofan
Guru

I doubt it seriously. bethel has essentially no moves though. He can go REALLY fast in a straight line but he cant make people miss.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:35 PM   #52
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

The 2001 and 2002 Big 12 100m champ might have something to say about that too.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:37 PM   #53
Five-ofan
Guru

tnew?
Old 08-21-2006, 10:39 PM   #54
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Who's #14 on the Cowboys? That TD pass Romo threw to him was beautiful.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 08-21-2006, 10:57 PM   #55
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Miles Austin

COLLEGE: Miles Austin finished his career at Monmouth University setting school records for touchdown receptions (33), receptions (150) and yards (2,867). In eight games as a senior, he had 51 catches for 1,101 yards and 14 touchdowns with a long of 66 yards. He led the team in both his junior and sophomore seasons in catches, yards and touchdowns setting a team-record 12 receiving touchdowns in his sophomore season only to break it as a senior.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:02 PM   #56
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Thanks Windmill. He looks like a solid WR. But Romo was the one that really impressed me tonight, (I only caught the second half of the game, so I didn't see Drew or Glenn.)

Old 08-21-2006, 11:08 PM   #57
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
tnew?
Yep.

Also, Jerome Mathis of Hampton (and now the Texans) ran a 4.28 at the combine. He may be faster than all of them.

Last edited by dirno2000; 08-21-2006 at 11:08 PM.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 11:29 PM   #58
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Anybody watch Sprotscenter? If I didn't watch the game I'd swear Bush ran for a bill fifty. I got the impression they planned to do three Reggie Bush segments regardless of what he did in the game.

There's never been a more spectacular 4 carries for 7 yards. Our 250 pound OLB brought him down one on one in the open field but umm...never mind that.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:36 PM   #59
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Anybody watch Sprotscenter? If I didn't watch the game I'd swear Bush ran for a bill fifty. I got the impression they planned to do three Reggie Bush segments regardless of what he did in the game.

There's never been a more spectacular 4 carries for 7 yards. Our 250 pound OLB brought him down one on one in the open field but umm...never mind that.
Yeah i already mentioned that. Also, that play by ware was amazing. As for bethel in the 40 i think he has the second fastest 40 time ever at the combine with a 4.24 but i could be mistaken on that and ive seen at least one site that lists bethel as a 4.5 but i have seen him run a 4.25 with my own eyes. The reason i mentioned bennet is that he is an olympic sprinter type runner.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:44 PM   #60
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

What's up with Chris-Chris?

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 08-21-2006 at 11:44 PM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 12:58 AM   #61
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Dude, did you not see him break that one tackle?

I mean, c'mon.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:39 AM   #62
MeganLuvsMavs

MeganLuvsMavs is a jewel in the roughMeganLuvsMavs is a jewel in the roughMeganLuvsMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Yep.

Also, Jerome Mathis of Hampton (and now the Texans) ran a 4.28 at the combine. He may be faster than all of them.
HEY! Hampton Pirates! I went to school with him!
MeganLuvsMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 06:48 AM   #63
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know why Chris-Chris didn't play last night?
Old 08-22-2006, 10:33 AM   #64
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for the ignorance U2, but who in the hell are you talking about??? Isn't the only Chris on our team Mr. Canty? If so, he played plenty.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:10 AM   #65
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Chris-Chris = Vanderjagt

(cue Hootie & The Blowfish)

Sorry for the confusion.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:25 AM   #66
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Oh ok. I thought you might be talking about Henson but he didn't fit.

Vanderjagt is still having problems with his groin. Apparently he tweaked it again in pre-game warmups.

Last edited by dirno2000; 08-22-2006 at 11:26 AM.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:54 AM   #67
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Sorry again.... I thought that chum would be all over that one.....
Old 08-22-2006, 12:18 PM   #68
chumdawg
Guru

I'm ready to go with Fredrickson. I liked that 49-yard field goal.

Did you like those two pre-season wins? I hope you did. I hope you did very much!
Old 08-22-2006, 12:42 PM   #69
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

You are correct sir.

You cant even blame east coast media bias for that one. Theyre just dumb. Of course if I said they did the same thing for Vince Dung in his preseason highlights, I'd get crucified....
Old 08-22-2006, 12:51 PM   #70
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Just got back from Shreveport...

I hate Louisiana.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:19 PM   #71
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcity
Just got back from Shreveport...

I hate Louisiana.
Did you gamble?

I feel like there's a Hurricane joke to be made there somewhere.....
Old 08-22-2006, 02:40 PM   #72
Five-ofan
Guru

flaco- they had a minute long thing on vince they had 3 effing segments on bush. Huge difference. Plus vince is more deserving of it than reggie. He has done more to this point than reggie has.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:38 PM   #73
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
flaco- they had a minute long thing on vince they had 3 effing segments on bush. Huge difference. Plus vince is more deserving of it than reggie. He has done more to this point than reggie has.
lol, I said.. "IF I said anything"

it was only a hypothetical
Old 08-22-2006, 03:38 PM   #74
Five-ofan
Guru

and IF you said it you would have been wrong.
Old 08-22-2006, 05:23 PM   #75
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Oh ok. I thought you might be talking about Henson but he didn't fit.

Vanderjagt is still having problems with his groin. Apparently he tweaked it again in pre-game warmups.
Akers had that problem last year, and so they should be very careful about bringing him back too soon, and I think that's waht they are doing. That's a type of injury that lingers, and for kickers or pitchers in baseball one sharp movement pops it again.

Old 08-23-2006, 05:45 PM   #76
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

How long until the refs start throwing phantom flags in favor of Reggie Bush on the way to his first superbowl victory?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 06:19 PM   #77
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

NFL refs aren't that bad. They actually do a decent job imho. Same with MLB umps for the most part. It's just those dang NBA refs that screw everything up, but I guess it's easier to favor superstars in the NBA than in the NFL or MLB.

Old 08-23-2006, 07:00 PM   #78
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

lol wow you really took my nash bashing personally didn't you? I was just making a joke.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 09:16 PM   #79
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
lol wow you really took my nash bashing personally didn't you? I was just making a joke.
How was my comment giving the impression I took the bashing personally? I take all Nash bashing hard, but not personal. It was just a discussion, we're cool dude